Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
From their twitter link.

It seems they immediately sold out as of Feb 6th. I can't find any post stating when they opened namco site for orders. I believe the CE sold out well before they even had a chance to announce, and instead just verified that it was sold out.

A bit bummed out myself, I thought I preordered the CE in my local GS last year - just for them to tell me that it was in fact the vanilla version today V_v.
So confirmed 3,000 Play Canada orders?

The pre-orders were never re-opened, so how did they sell out?

here is an update regarding the question, whether Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster limited edition free upgrade  will be offer  at bestbuy. it is be confirmed that those who preordered will received the limited edition.

I know it’s been a while since I chimed in and I’d like to apologize for keeping you all waiting. I have finally been able to confirm that Best Buy is a participating retailer for this offer as well. That means that customers that pre-order Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster - PlayStation 3 from Best Buy will receive the version with the limited edition art book. We’re currently working to have this called out on the product page on BestBuy.com as well.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Final-Fantasy-X-X-2-HD-Remaster-PlayStation-3/td-p/698924/page/2

I'll post some when I get home from work.

Yeah I don't know why they would say that. The 360 / PS3 steel book is the same size (G1) so it would fit in the CE box. I don't see the point in doing that because I would probably want to display my steelbook rather than tuck it away.
I just checked and it doesn't fit. Though just like you said, I'll be putting it up as display rather than in the box. Regular xbox cases are actually larger than PS3 cases which is why most likely the steelbook won't fit.

here is an update regarding the question, whether Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster limited edition free upgrade will be offer at bestbuy. it is be confirmed that those who preordered will received the limited edition.
Nice! Can cancel my Amazon order now and leave my BB one open :D

I just checked and it doesn't fit. Though just like you said, I'll be putting it up as display rather than in the box. Regular xbox cases are actually larger than PS3 cases which is why most likely the steelbook won't fit.
Yeah I totally forgot that the PS3 collector's edition would come with a PS3 sized case and not the standard G1 dvd cases. The steelbook should fit in the 360 CE though.

Those of you who have pre-ordered the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collector's Edition at Amazon... what does it say your delivery estimate is?

I'm just curious because mine says they need more time to get a more accurate delivery estimate, etc., but the product listing still says the release date is 2.25.14

Do you guys think I'm still good with getting the CE with this order?

Those of you who have pre-ordered the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collector's Edition at Amazon... what does it say your delivery estimate is?

I'm just curious because mine says they need more time to get a more accurate delivery estimate, etc., but the product listing still says the release date is 2.25.14

Pretty sure you're fine. My Bravely Default CE did the same thing and I got it the day it came out. I think they just put that for those CEs that they don't let you preorder anymore.

Has anyone else received a shipping notification from Best Buy for the Titanfall LE XBox One controller?  I got a notification today that my order has shipped but the game and controller doesn't release until 3/11.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently it is already available in store.  Don't understand why they would release the controller a month before the game.

What do you guys think about the "Witch and the hundred knights?" it looks like a fun game from the short gameplay, i saw. The CE its kinda pricey, but im going to buy one. I Don't want to regret it later.

What do you guys think about the "Witch and the hundred knights?" it looks like a fun game from the short gameplay, i saw. The CE its kinda pricey, but im going to buy one. I Don't want to regret it later.
Gameplay looks very ok, maybe not great but ok. Graphics are the same. The CE is excellent though, hard to tell if that one will be an expensive one later.

You do not receive the standard PS3 case along with the steelbook. You just get the steelbook, and yes, it is the "DVD sized" steelbook, not the "Blu ray sized" steelbook.
I actually forgot about the Target Steelbook entirely, but thanks for confirming that the :ps3: size is G1.

Thanks for the info! I was up for running to the Target near me on my lunch break to look, but honestly it being DVD sized kind of turns me off. My OCD would probably go crazy having only one PS3 game that is bigger that all the rest.
The G1 DVD size is definitely why I'm not going to even bother looking for a Target one.

It looks like a Rogue-like dungeon crawler (randomly generated areas, get as far as you can using what you find along the way, lose your items and experience and get sent back to the start if you die), but action-based rather than turn-based. I like the art style. I pre-ordered because I like this type of game and also am a complete NISA whore.

Amazon had the standard edition for $40 last year but it looks like it's jumped to $50 now. The collector's edition is under 25% stock remaining, so it's probably now or never.

Mine says the same thing. I ordered mine in October.

Target must have gotten a restock of the Lightning steelbooks because I went in today and they seemed to have several of each (I couldn't tell because they're locked in a case, but at least the first few layers and the display copy were all steelbooks)

Target must have gotten a restock of the Lightning steelbooks because I went in today and they seemed to have several of each (I couldn't tell because they're locked in a case, but at least the first few layers and the display copy were all steelbooks)
Target always does that. Even for movies, in my experience. I felt burned by Tomb Raider, so I'm going to wait til it drops.

I still have not received my LR CE, sad...

I do still have another order in for a LR CE and X|X-2 that will come next month. So, we will see if they keep their word on holding one for me.

Is anyone on the East Coast still waiting for their LR CE? The last update on the tracking site says it was being transferred to USPS 2 days ago (one state away from where I live).

$1,000,000 question
I'm willing to bet good money that DR did not hold those preorders since you know, they are Digital River.

Is anyone on the East Coast still waiting for their LR CE? The last update on the tracking site says it was being transferred to USPS 2 days ago (one state away from where I live).
The tracking isn't always right. I checked mine every day and it never actually updated to my home state even they day it was being delivered.

I just got my lightning returns ce.  Has anyone received their buster sword/cloud dlc via email?

Nvm It was sent when you bought it initially.

He was responding to my post, which pointed out it should fit in a 360 CE

I'm debating on the FFX/X-2 CE. I just don't like the fact that after shipping I'll be paying about $90 dollars on an HD remaster with the only truly appealing thing in the set is the artbook. Lithographs are meh and blu ray soundtrack... meh. Especially when from Gamestop you can get a mini artbook and special packaging with that too.

Anyone have any strong selling points that can sway me into taking the plunge?

I'm debating on the FFX/X-2 CE. I just don't like the fact that after shipping I'll be paying about $90 dollars on an HD remaster with the only truly appealing thing in the set is the artbook. Lithographs are meh and blu ray soundtrack... meh. Especially when from Gamestop you can get a mini artbook and special packaging with that too.

Anyone have any strong selling points that can sway me into taking the plunge?
I guess the only selling point is that the soundtrack sells for like 50$ by itself lol. I'm likely gonna order it myself

I brought the Blu Ray soundtrack for XIV and love it, planning to buy the XIV ARR one next month.

Wait preordering doesn't secure you a copy? I have FFX/X-2 CE preordered for a friend with my Drakengard 3 CE so I need to wait 2 months for it to ship together. Is that the same for NIS too? I have The Witch and The Hundred Knights CE preordered with Demon Gaze CE.

Was hoping for a little bit of advice from someone who has bought something from the SE store..

I preordered the FFX HD CE last month, and got the Kingdom Hearts piano soundtrack to get the free shipping. I see the soundtrack is out of stock now. What would be the best way to approach this? Wait and see? Cancel and reorder the CE alone? Give it a couple more weeks wait? What?

Wait preordering doesn't secure you a copy? I have FFX/X-2 CE preordered for a friend with my Drakengard 3 CE so I need to wait 2 months for it to ship together. Is that the same for NIS too? I have The Witch and The Hundred Knights CE preordered with Demon Gaze CE.
From past disasters it seems like they don't usually. Who knows though maybe they will but I think most people don't want to take that risk.

NIS I would think would be better. You could probably email or call them and get a real answer if you want to be sure.

I don't normally buy CE's (at least for near full price) but I am going to at least researve the ES Online one for the 360. The idea of getting extra EXP with my buddy is cool and I like the extras. Worse case, I bet the ring code will go for $$ if the game does really well.

I took the plunge. Saw that the soundtrack was a visual soundtrack. Also, I know when it sells out I'll regret not getting one. $90 though, damn. If I loved FFX-2, I'd probably regret it less, but I thought FFX-2 was horrible. Loved FFX, though.

Well - My Xbox CE for LR came dented & damaged at corners, So I contacted digital river & was not surprised to get this reply

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

Unfortunately, we are unable to do product replacement at the online
store. We are unable to process a refund as well to opened products.

This is outlined in our refund policy, located at:

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/DisplayReturnAndCancellationsPage

[quote name="DanteWarrior" post="11528034" timestamp="1392427911"]Well - My Xbox CE for LR came dented & damaged at corners, So I contacted digital river & was not surprised to get this reply

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

Unfortunately, we are unable to do product replacement at the online
store. We are unable to process a refund as well to opened products.

This is outlined in our refund policy, located at:

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/DisplayReturnAndCancellationsPage
[/quote]

Wow. So receiving something damaged and they wont do a damn thing. Thats shady.

I would do a credit card charge back as the item was not received how it was described. If it is really bad.

Got my lightning CE as well. Even the game sucks the goodies make up for it.
I received my Lightning Returns CE today too, and my thoughts are pretty much the same as yours. After hearing the response to the game when it released in Japan, I told myself I'd wait for it to inevitably hit $10 before I picked it up. The CE is really nice though, and I'm not beating myself up over the decision as much as I thought I would. It also helps that I was able to justify ordering the Tomb Raider Trilogy with it (local Kmarts are either sold out or won't give me the 90% off price for it being out of the system, and it essentially cost me $6 since I would have had to pay for shipping regardless). The earlier praise for Digital River's packaging is warranted. Other than some small dings to the corners, the CE is pretty much flawless.

EDIT: Just saw DanteWarrior's post above, and it's really unfortunate they won't do anything to help. I've never had a problem with any of my Digital River orders, so I'll consider myself lucky for now. How bad is the damage? Two of my corners are literally just dinged. Doubt I could have gotten it in better condition, considering the size of the box and how long it's been in transit.

I took the plunge. Saw that the soundtrack was a visual soundtrack. Also, I know when it sells out I'll regret not getting one. $90 though, damn. If I loved FFX-2, I'd probably regret it less, but I thought FFX-2 was horrible. Loved FFX, though.
I don't like the remixed versions of the soundtrack as much as the original, so the FFX/X-2 CE never really appealed to me as much. Lithographs and a 40-page artbook/case just don't equate to $40 worth. This is where Lightning Returns having a separate artbook really made a difference, in my opinion. The promotional materials I've seen also make the redone faces seem a bit strange to me.

Wow. So receiving something damaged and they wont do a damn thing. Thats shady. I would do a credit card charge back as the item was not received how it was described. If it is really bad.
As much as I dislike DR, if you get something damaged you can send it back for a full refund. They just don't take opened merchandise back.

The damage is not as bad as some folks got on their bravely default CE, but it is visible. It is not opened, so I have pointed them to this part of their policy

"The Square-Enix, Inc. store by Digital River offers a 30-day money back guarantee for unopened products and for same-item exchanges of defective products."

Anyone know how the Square Enix/Digital River pre orders work? Do they charge you immediately or do they charge you on the day the game is released?

I don't normally buy CE's (at least for near full price) but I am going to at least researve the ES Online one for the 360. The idea of getting extra EXP with my buddy is cool and I like the extras. Worse case, I bet the ring code will go for $$ if the game does really well.

Did you mean the Xbox One?
Elder Scrolls Online isn't coming to the 360. Luckily, my son has a laptop that will play it, so I preordered the PC version.

The damage is not as bad as some folks got on their bravely default CE, but it is visible. It is not opened, so I have pointed them to this part of their policy

"The Square-Enix, Inc. store by Digital River offers a 30-day money back guarantee for unopened products and for same-item exchanges of defective products."
Well it would have had to have been mishandled badly to look like the BD CE's... the LR CE is much more sturdy in comparison.

Act soon if you want a replacement as PS3 is OOS and I'm sure 360 will follow.

I think there is a chance they could restock. Not a huge chance, but a chance.
I don't think they'll restock but I wouldn't be surprised if they put up a few hundred more from cancelled orders or people who preordered items with staggering release dates that decide to cancel outright b/c of how the game scored on reviews

I don't think they'll restock but I wouldn't be surprised if they put up a few hundred more from cancelled orders or people who preordered items with staggering release dates that decide to cancel outright b/c of how the game scored on reviews
Considering it sold out release week, they might make another small run, if production costs warranted(tooling still around). Im surprised it went this fast personally. They made waaaay too many with XIII-2, so this small run was probably knee jerk. If there is money to be made, that will make the decision easy.

Was hoping for a little bit of advice from someone who has bought something from the SE store..

I preordered the FFX HD CE last month, and got the Kingdom Hearts piano soundtrack to get the free shipping. I see the soundtrack is out of stock now. What would be the best way to approach this? Wait and see? Cancel and reorder the CE alone? Give it a couple more weeks wait? What?
Sorry for the repost, but I didn't get an answer and really want to be sure I get my CE. What's the best course of action in dealing with a craptastic service like Digital River?

Considering it sold out release week, they might make another small run, if production costs warranted(tooling still around). Im surprised it went this fast personally. They made waaaay too many with XIII-2, so this small run was probably knee jerk. If there is money to be made, that will make the decision easy.
XIII-2 wasn't exclusive to the square store though... unless their was a square store version I'm not aware of.

I really don't see this getting a reprint... any that pop-up I think will have already been produced and were perhaps holdovers for returns/replacements

Sorry for the repost, but I didn't get an answer and really want to be sure I get my CE. What's the best course of action in dealing with a craptastic service like Digital River?
It's hard to have a direct answer to this. I've posted my theory on how Digital River works. They are just a fulfilling company that holds the inventory for companies. So lets imagine that DR has a giant warehouse with product from all the different stores they do orders for (MS, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, etc). When you place an order they will not fulfill the order until both products are in stock. So when both product A and product B are indicated on their computers as available they will go to Aisle X, Lot A and Aisle Y, Lot B.

I assume that if one of the products is out of stock when they go to pick up the item within their warehouse you will get a generic "backordered" email or maybe you will get a notice that the item is out of stock. If you get the backordered email DR will NOT ship your product until the backordered item is in stock. If you get a out of stock maybe they will cancel a portion of your order. In any case, I really don't think DR holds items for orders because like any company they would rather get shipments out quicker.

My advice, throw another order on FFX HD CE when it is about to release. I will probably do the same because I don't trust DR.

It's hard to have a direct answer to this. I've posted my theory on how Digital River works. They are just a fulfilling company that holds the inventory for companies. So lets imagine that DR has a giant warehouse with product from all the different stores they do orders for (MS, Bandai Namco, Square Enix, etc). When you place an order they will not fulfill the order until both products are in stock. So when both product A and product B are indicated on their computers as available they will go to Aisle X, Lot A and Aisle Y, Lot B.

I assume that if one of the products is out of stock when they go to pick up the item within their warehouse you will get a generic "backordered" email or maybe you will get a notice that the item is out of stock. If you get the backordered email DR will NOT ship your product until the backordered item is in stock. If you get a out of stock maybe they will cancel a portion of your order. In any case, I really don't think DR holds items for orders because like any company they would rather get shipments out quicker.

My advice, throw another order on FFX HD CE when it is about to release. I will probably do the same because I don't trust DR.
Thanks for your reply. That makes sense. I guess at the very least, in the case, if my first order didn't ship I'd still get one. And if my first order does ship and I get two copies, I'll be able to make my money back on it quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back