Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Infamous Second Son Collector's Edition OOS at Best Buy.
I'm guessing that Second Son and its CE have been in development for quite some time and the print size was probably determined back before Sony knew how many units they'd sell in the U.S.

I'm sure they were optimistic but I find it hard to believe they for sure knew they'd sell this many consoles.... so maybe in an effor to not over saturate the market they decided not to print many....

I'm guessing that Second Son and its CE have been in development for quite some time and the print size was probably determined back before Sony knew how many units they'd sell in the U.S.

I'm sure they were optimistic but I find it hard to believe they for sure knew they'd sell this many consoles.... so maybe in an effor to not over saturate the market they decided not to print many....
The inFAMOUS Second Son Collector’s Edition contains everything you need to get into the Infamous universe. This beautiful, very limited collector’s edition contains a copy of inFAMOUS Second Son, an exclusive cover, exclusive in-game vest, a replica of Delsin’s beanie, a set of pins, decals, a DUP patch, and Cole’s Legacy DLC!

^Sony did mention the CE was "very limited" when they announced it. The PS4 having a bigger than expected install base just increases the possible demand for it. GameStop is the only one taking pre-orders for it still, walmart and target have removed listings for it or never had it available for pre-order.

I was never impressed with the Second Son CE anyway.  A beanie & pins?  What am I supposed to do with that - not items you can display very easily.  And pretty much everything else (besides the "meh" looking cover they showed) is DLC.  If it had included a statue like the i2 CE then I might have considered it.  

I was never impressed with the Second Son CE anyway. A beanie & pins? What am I supposed to do with that - not items you can display very easily. And pretty much everything else (besides the "meh" looking cover they showed) is DLC. If it had included a statue like the i2 CE then I might have considered it.
For $80 you can't really complain though. There have been $80 CE's or mid tier CE's for games that contained less.

If you're going to buy the game day one you might as well get the CE; at the very least you can sell the physical content and get the DLC for free

I pre-ordered the CE a few months ago mainly because this will be the first CE from one of Sony's 1st party studios on PS4 and GCU discount at Best Buy.

I was never impressed with the Second Son CE anyway. A beanie & pins? What am I supposed to do with that - not items you can display very easily. And pretty much everything else (besides the "meh" looking cover they showed) is DLC. If it had included a statue like the i2 CE then I might have considered it.
I actually like the CE cover art, though there's a little too much white space for my tastes (I really liked it when it was first revealed, but my enthusiasm has steadily declined over time). Think Resistance 3 did a better job paying tribute to the primary city in its cover art. I agree with the rest of your points, though. There didn't have to be a statue, but the physical goods that are included aren't the most impressive. Without seeing the foil cover the first-print Limited Editions will have, there's no guarantee that the CE cover art is better either. I probably would have jumped on this if Best Buy had included it in the $10 pre-order promo though, if only because it might be harder to find later on.

I've paid a total of $0 for both Infamous games. Got the first via that PSN Welcome Back promotion after they got hacked. Bought the Infamous 2 CE from BB for $25 and sold the backpack and figure for a total of like $85. So actually I got paid $65 for both Infamous games.

I think they are meh games and enjoyable, but not close to the 8-9 out of 10's they get. I look to keep the same trend this holiday season and hopefully snag this for really cheap.

I actually like the CE cover art, though there's a little too much white space for my tastes (I really liked it when it was first revealed, but my enthusiasm has steadily declined over time). Think Resistance 3 did a better job paying tribute to the primary city in its cover art. I agree with the rest of your points, though. There didn't have to be a statue, but the physical goods that are included aren't the most impressive. Without seeing the foil cover the first-print Limited Editions will have, there's no guarantee that the CE cover art is better either. I probably would have jumped on this if Best Buy had included it in the $10 pre-order promo though, if only because it might be harder to find later on.
I agree, a $10 BB cert would have been enough to make me bite. Heck, an art book or soundtrack might have done the trick as well. And I honestly don't care about 95% of the DLC that games come with, so it's not worth the hassle to me to buy a CE & sell the physical items just to keep the DLC. Heck, I often end up selling the DLC because I only want the physical stuff. :p

Oh geez, I just realized the Drakengard 3 CE includes a OST sampler and not the full on OST. They know the soundtrack is amazing and just going to do me like that. I still wished they included more physical items :(

Just this week alone I've picked up Lighting returns collector edition ps3, FFX-X2 collectors edition , Dragengard 3 collectors edition and finally infamous LE

and may end up finally getting metal gear rising LE

Ugh, is there a way to change payment method for Drakengard 3 CE without cancelling it and making another order? My bank now decides to send me a new card because of the hacking at Target, so I'm likely going to have to change it.

Well - My Xbox CE for LR came dented & damaged at corners, So I contacted digital river & was not surprised to get this reply

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

Unfortunately, we are unable to do product replacement at the online
store. We are unable to process a refund as well to opened products.

This is outlined in our refund policy, located at:

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/DisplayReturnAndCancellationsPage
i'm surprised you even got a reply... please do a credit card chargeback..

The SE store shipping just caught my eye. They say free ship over $100. Their base shipping is USPS. USPS offers flat rates to anywhere in the 50 states, so why do they only offer free shipping to the lower 48? Strangeness.

The SE store shipping just caught my eye. They say free ship over $100. Their base shipping is USPS. USPS offers flat rates to anywhere in the 50 states, so why do they only offer free shipping to the lower 48? Strangeness.
They aren't shipping the boxes in a flat rate box. For instance, the two Lightning CEs I ordered would not fit in a flat rate box from USPS. The $100 is a deal that the Square Enix Store decides to offer customers. Online stores don't have to offer free shipping. Offering free shipping is completely up to the store / distributor.

As for why they don't include Hawaii and Alaska it's for what I just said. They aren't using a flat rate box to ship the items. If that's the case then they would be eating up even higher shipping costs to Alaska and Hawaii depending on the weight of items you ordered.

Also if they included HI and AK then why not PR, VI, Guam and other territories?

Most companies don't include them because of the risk reward ratio. There are very few potential customers in those areas compared to the cost of shipping / risk of packages going missing. It may not cost much more to ship to VI then it would across the country but it is going to take 4 weeks and the tracking isn't as reliable.

I am confused... I ordered the Final Fantasy X|X-2 Collector's Edition.. and got this e-mail.

I checked my order and all I have in there is FFX and the Kingdom Hearts piano collection. Of course, if they send me a LR for free I won't be complaining.
Double check your order. I got the same email and dismissed it as error since I did not order LR. I ordered FFX with FF1/FF2 soundtrack so I could get free shipping. I now see that the FF1/FF2 sound track is out of stock. So I bet that means they won't ship my FFX until I cancel the out of stock item and allow them to rape me on shipping. Or i guess i could try to replace the OOS item with another item to put me over $100, but I would not be surprised if that item also goes OOS before FFX ships.

The kingdom hearts piano collection that your ordered is also appears to now be out of stock, so you may want to double check. So I think this email is legit - I think they just messed up and put the wrong title in the email.

Double check your order. I got the same email and dismissed it as error since I did not order LR. I ordered FFX with FF1/FF2 soundtrack so I could get free shipping. I now see that the FF1/FF2 sound track is out of stock. So I bet that means they won't ship my FFX until I cancel the out of stock item and allow them to rape me on shipping. Or i guess i could try to replace the OOS item with another item to put me over $100, but I would not be surprised if that item also goes OOS before FFX ships.

The kingdom hearts piano collection that your ordered is also appears to now be out of stock, so you may want to double check. So I think this email is legit - I think they just messed up and put the wrong title in the email.
Such bull this ugg this is out of stock, it wont ship. Terrible store and I'm still sickened I have to get Drakengard 3 physical from it. They need to come to the 2000s already where stuff ships as it comes in and OOS doesn't automatically make something not ship.

It looks like a Rogue-like dungeon crawler (randomly generated areas, get as far as you can using what you find along the way, lose your items and experience and get sent back to the start if you die), but action-based rather than turn-based. I like the art style. I pre-ordered because I like this type of game and also am a complete NISA whore.

Amazon had the standard edition for $40 last year but it looks like it's jumped to $50 now. The collector's edition is under 25% stock remaining, so it's probably now or never
the story seems like a fun little game. yeah i got mine order.

its been 25% for a good while now. its going to sell out soon.

Yeah, with the exact same e-mail and near identical situations, you're probably right. I heard horror stories about Digital River, but I figured it was just a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" situation. After seeing all the problems people had with them with their Lightning Returns orders.. looks like they're absolutely horrible after all.

I'm just going to order a second copy of the CE. If I don't get my first order, oh well. I still got my copy. If I do get my first order and second order, I can always sell one and make my money back off of it.

Yeah, with the exact same e-mail and near identical situations, you're probably right. I heard horror stories about Digital River, but I figured it was just a "squeaky wheel gets the grease" situation. After seeing all the problems people had with them with their Lightning Returns orders.. looks like they're absolutely horrible after all.

I'm just going to order a second copy of the CE. If I don't get my first order, oh well. I still got my copy. If I do get my first order and second order, I can always sell one and make my money back off of it.
Yeah that's why when my original order didn't ship I decided to just buy 2 copies of the Lightning Returns CE. I would much rather sell the extra copy at MSRP or even at a small loss than not get a copy at all. I'll probably do the same when FFX / X-2 drops.

Anyone who pre-ordered the FF13-3 Steelbook from Target still not get theirs shipped out yet? I ordered mine on the 10th but it still hasn't shipped, I am going to call after work to find out what going on but I hope they won't cancel the order on me :(

Anyone who pre-ordered the FF13-3 Steelbook from Target still not get theirs shipped out yet? I ordered mine on the 10th but it still hasn't shipped, I am going to call after work to find out what going on but I hope they won't cancel the order on me :(
Mine shipped last week but hasn't arrived yet. Fingers crossed that it's actually a steelbook.

They do share the same DPCI # with the regular edition, so you may or may not get the steelbook.

I'm hoping for the best since the artwork on the website did say "special steelbook packaging" or whatever. I tried going to my local Target but they didn't have any preorder cards out for :360:, and the employees were about as helpful as talking to the wall. So who knows.

Mine shipped last week but hasn't arrived yet. Fingers crossed that it's actually a steelbook.
I received my PS3 copy last week, and it did not come with a steelbook case. Luckily, it's easy to print out a prepaid shipping label on their site, so I don't need to drive to one of their stores.

Did you use paypal? I'm reading their pre-order FAQ and says they charge about a week before it ships. Other sites I use vary charge days depending on if they're using Paypal or CC.
Nan, i use CC for that 1% cash back.
they charge within a range of 4-2 days before they ship. don't quote me on that.

it's what i notice with my charge notice.

Haha, i should do is use vacation time next Tuesday, and hunt down a copy of "Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collector's Edition."

i want the game, but i don't want to drop $200 for it.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Imperial Edition

Amazon: All platforms out of stock [PC, PS4, X1]

GameStop: Out of stock [PC, X1]

Best Buy: Out of stock [PC]

is there anyway to get a tales of symphonia ce still?

my bad nevermind game looks terrible

There's so much wrong with calling Symphonia terrible--or anything anywhere near that--that I don't even know where to begin. By all means, though, miss out on one of the best Tales games of all time. You only hurt yourself.

we probably are, most people on the interwebs think the worst games are good. like all the hype about titanfail is hilarious lol
yeah, i saw alot of titanfall gameplay glitches/bugs video being posted on youtube of the beta.

same thing with Elder scrolls online, basically a improved/modified version of guild wars II

Only problem with Symphonia HD is that it is only 30FPS while the Gamecube version is 60FPS.  You do get the PS2 extra though.

There's so much wrong with calling Symphonia terrible--or anything anywhere near that--that I don't even know where to begin. By all means, though, miss out on one of the best Tales games of all time. You only hurt yourself.
im watching videos on youtube and it looks really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back