Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the same guy who did the LR unboxing (I think), he has a cool job.
He does have a cool job but the way he unboxed that LR CE...ugh...it's like he was going to rip the artbook apart...and he dropped the pocketwatch to show how "solid" it is....got on my nerves

My Titanfall CE was still preparing for shipment on Amazon so I decided I was going to talk with customer service. I found that the game has been sitting in a warehouse in Petersburg, VA or was being sent their from another Amazon warehouse to be shipped to my house. 

I could've easily driven to Petersburg in under an hour to pick up my game. They did however change my shipping from the free option to 2 day shipping.

Also remember the pocket watch dropper.  I wonder if if those are rehearsed and scripted.  I also how much the average salary is for a USA divison's product manager (basically how much do all of those "perks" of being in the industry equate to).

Here is the "real" official video (SE NA's official channel not some "fan")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLqDh-Ga_Io

How limited do you guys think X/X-2 LE will be?  I have the CE coming in but also not thrilled with the "case".  For reference (well maybe an idea), I have yet to see a ToS LE in my area.

Dang the CE looks just like a bigger version of the LE but with the extra crap in it. Looks like it's LE for me. Only reason I wanted the CE in the first place was cause I was going to get it signed but it being 2x the price for stuff I don't really care much for makes me not want it anymore.

Disappointed the artbook for the CE is built in. I was under the impression it was not. Too late now my order already shipped lol.
Yeah, that is not what I expected. I thought that the point of differentiation for the CE was that you got an artbook that was separate from the game packaging rather than the combo. Doubly glad I just went with the regular edition now.

Yeah, that is not what I expected. I thought that the point of differentiation for the CE was that you got an artbook that was separate from the game packaging rather than the combo. Doubly glad I just went with the regular edition now.
It definitely sucks they cut corners with the game case but the art book is still a full sized art book rather than a smaller game sized case. The art book with the LE will just be like the Tomb Raider definitive edition or the KH one. They are cool but I still think at the end of the day I would much rather have a full sized art book.

Dang the CE looks just like a bigger version of the LE but with the extra crap in it. Looks like it's LE for me. Only reason I wanted the CE in the first place was cause I was going to get it signed but it being 2x the price for stuff I don't really care much for makes me not want it anymore.
Were you planning on going to the event at Gallery Nucleus?

Were you planning on going to the event at Gallery Nucleus?
Yea I was. Figured if I was gonna get it signed I might as well get the CE since it has more stuff.. After watching the unboxing it's not really anything I care about and it's put in the same stupid "case" that I don't like. =/

Have you ever dealt with them in the past? I ordered one on their website, but it's been saying 25 up since it started. Nearly at the point where I'd want to ask a friend down in cali to go for me, but the signing is for the first two hundred and I'd imagine traffic would go above that easily.

ill be waiting for price drop for X/X-2. Bet theres gonna be tons of the LE in Target and other stores just like how KH was.

Hi,

Anyone know if Best Buy is actually getting the limited edition for FFX HD? Their order page doesn't mention it at all.

Thanks

Finally got my email from Square Enix that my Final Fantasy X/X-2 Collectors Edition shipped out.  Now I just have to wait for a price drop for the Vita version.......

Did anyone else get a tracking number from SE that doesn't work for their FF X/X-2 CE? The email was sent a few days ago, but every major shipping company says it can't find anything.

Yeah the FF X | X-2 HD CE is a giant ripoff in value imo. 90+ dollars after shipping for a bigger book, 16 more pages, 5 cheap art cards, and the blu-ray music WITHOUT CASE AND INSERT.

40 dollars with free delivery date shipping (amazon) gets me a smaller yet almost same page count art book. Not feeling the extra cost for the CE can be justified. I guess CE is only for the most hardcore collector who just cannot live without it for one reason or another.

Oh and digital rivers - nuff said.

Did anyone else get a tracking number from SE that doesn't work for their FF X/X-2 CE? The email was sent a few days ago, but every major shipping company says it can't find anything.
Mine was not working for awhile, but two days later and it does show up on USPS site now

Maybe yours will work now?

This worked thanks!

I tried FedEx, USPS, UPS, and DHL today, but only the link above from BrandonJF worked. I guess it just depends where they are shipping it or something.
That's good :)

Ps

I hope it's not Ontrac delivering your package, they fuck ing suck

It definitely sucks they cut corners with the game case but the art book is still a full sized art book rather than a smaller game sized case. The art book with the LE will just be like the Tomb Raider definitive edition or the KH one. They are cool but I still think at the end of the day I would much rather have a full sized art book.
And the soundtrack is also a big deal for me. At the same time, I get it if some people don't think the value is there. It's all "eye of the beholder" stuff - FFX is probably my favorite PS2 game. I named my dog Yuna. :p So I'm a big fan, and I want the set. If someone else doesn't have the same connection with the game, the extras probably won't mean as much.

For the record, I feel that paying $250 for a giant statue I can't even imagine where I'd find room for is much sillier, but again - to each their own. ;)

I would rather have the actual case to the soundtrack than have it sit in that over sized book thing. It is a good value, don't get me wrong, but no case = no deal to me.

Rather pay the premium.

I know it's common knowledge that Treehouse are fucking crooks, but they hit a new low with me. After taking my deposit for the Titanfall CE many months ago, they mysteriously failed to charge the rest of the amount or ship my CE. They couldn't give me a reason - and now refuse to give my deposit back.

EA and Treehouse are the largest assholes on the planet.

Still no shipping email as of this morning.
Contact Digital River customer support line. Just google the number. If you ordered the CE with something else that is currently backordered then your item will not be shipped. I originally placed a order back in December with a Cactuar Plush and I haven't received any notification. Also recent orders placed on Square Enix / DR take priority over existing orders. I placed an order for 2 CEs the other day and got shipping notifcation the next morning.

If you placed the order with another item I would contact DR and have them process cancellation on one item. This is also a loop hole for shipping. I originally had a LR CE with a Tonberry Keychain / Strap. It never got shipped and was constantly on backorder. I contacted DR and had them process cancellation on the Tonberry and then the item shipped the next couple of days.

Let me know if that helps!

I know it's common knowledge that Treehouse are fucking crooks, but they hit a new low with me. After taking my deposit for the Titanfall CE many months ago, they mysteriously failed to charge the rest of the amount or ship my CE. They couldn't give me a reason - and now refuse to give my deposit back.

EA and Treehouse are the largest assholes on the planet.
Do you have documenation of the order; the email invoice, the dollar amount? If you know when you placed the order you can go back through your credit card statement or debit card statement and prove that you got charged and no service was rendered. If you paid with PayPal you can open a dispute. If you paid with credit card then can open up a fraud dispute.

Either way if you have documentation on both ends of you contacting Treehouse and them denying you a refund then you should be able to get your money back.

So, this morning I was contacted by a fellow CAG about an earlier post I'd made, in which I explained how a member of Digital River's escalation team had called me back and changed the credit card info on my pre-order.  (For Tales of Symphonia CE which was sold out, so I couldn't simply cancel and re-order as their clueless phone monkeys kept suggesting.)

I'd posted that I had this person's direct number and would pass it along to anyone else who was having the same problem.  I've had several people ask me since then, and I've provided it to them.  I refrained from posting it publicly because I didn't want everyone who's justifiably angry at Digital River calling up and bugging her.

But today, this fellow CAG told me that when they tried to call the number, the Digital River employee got upset with them and demanded to know where the CAG got the number.  Yes, rather than fix their customer support problem and making it easier for people to update their card information on a pre-order, this Digital River person got mad at customers for sharing information about how to better get help from the company.

So you know what?  Now I'm posting the number publicly.  On account of I am a pissy little f**ker.

612-260-3118   

612-260-3118 <-----------Digital River Escalation Team Member's Phone Number
You remember the website messageblaster.com? Seems like a really good job for that tool. Not from me though, I already have the misdemeanor on my record for messageblasting people all those years ago.

I thnk someone here said it best, NIS is great at luring a niche audience with collecitbles and what not.

Only good game is Disgaea to me.

I have my Disgaea 4 CE on display next to my Bravely Default and DkS II CE.

No more CEs for me. They take up too much space.

Maybe except for a FF Versus CE. I'm just waiting to blindly throw money at that.

Side note, I hate this console generations FFs. If anyone cares.

So, this morning I was contacted by a fellow CAG about an earlier post I'd made, in which I explained how a member of Digital River's escalation team had called me back and changed the credit card info on my pre-order. (For Tales of Symphonia CE which was sold out, so I couldn't simply cancel and re-order as their clueless phone monkeys kept suggesting.)

I'd posted that I had this person's direct number and would pass it along to anyone else who was having the same problem. I've had several people ask me since then, and I've provided it to them. I refrained from posting it publicly because I didn't want everyone who's justifiably angry at Digital River calling up and bugging her.

But today, this fellow CAG told me that when they tried to call the number, the Digital River employee got upset with them and demanded to know where the CAG got the number. Yes, rather than fix their customer support problem and making it easier for people to update their card information on a pre-order, this Digital River person got mad at customers for sharing information about how to better get help from the company.

So you know what? Now I'm posting the number publicly. On account of I am a pissy little f**ker.

612-260-3118 <-----------Digital River Escalation Team Member's Phone Number

My order number was 8778346836. Please, tell them this so they can look up my information and find out I'm the one who passed their contact info along. I want them to know.
Everyone! To Digital River!

They will never take ... our freedom!!!!

william+wallace.jpg

Anyone's FF X/X-2 HD pre-order from Best Buy got shipped yet? Mine just shows my name without address and shipping method in order status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back