Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
MY X|X-2 HD CE from the Square store arrived. Instead of setting it in the box the right way they rotated it 90 degrees and jammed it in (I'm guessing so it wouldn't move around?) and then stuffed the rest of the box with paper. It's very very flimsy as it very little weight to it so of course my corners are really bad.

But.... you win some you lose some.

So I realized when I got home from work that I never changed my address on my FF X/X2 order from Amazon and it was to late to change address when I got home. So has anyone used my choice ups to change address on an Amazon order before?

Just curious since it state receiver might not be able to change address depending on sender

MY X|X-2 HD CE from the Square store arrived. Instead of setting it in the box the right way they rotated it 90 degrees and jammed it in (I'm guessing so it wouldn't move around?) and then stuffed the rest of the box with paper. It's very very flimsy as it very little weight to it so of course my corners are really bad.

But.... you win some you lose some.
Oh no

I hope mine doesn't come fuck ed up since it's coming usps, and if it's not my normal mail lady they just try to jam everything an anything in my box :/

So I realized when I got home from work that I never changed my address on my FF X/X2 order from Amazon and it was to late to change address when I got home. So has anyone used my choice ups to change address on an Amazon order before?

Just curious since it state receiver might not be able to change address depending on sender
I did it a couple of years ago, but I just called the hub it was going to (I knew which one was the one for my area) and had no issues :)

Oh no

I hope mine doesn't come fuck ed up since it's coming usps, and if it's not my normal mail lady they just try to jam everything an anything in my box :/
The last few FF CE's (Realm Reborn, Lightning Returns) have been really solid so they've been able to endure harsh treatment without damaging... the build for the X|X-2 isn't nearly as forgiving. I was able to smooth the corner out but it is still very noticeable. I wish it was thicker though or came in a slipcase/box.

Nah, it just sounded douchey and pretentious. Even more so when you come back and say "it was a helpful suggestion".
lol @ pretentious. Do you even know the meaning of the word? OCD buying the epitome of pretentious. The poster himself said "it's a sickness" which implies he doesn't want to be spending this money, but he can't help himself. Spare me the sanctimonious drivel.

ign unboxing of the FF X/X2 remaster ps vita, ps3 limited edition as well as the Final Fantasy X HD's Tidus Figurine  by playarts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6nxW7VHZsk

Makes the CE look even more pathetic. Just a larger version of the LE with a soundtrack. Very disappointed. Looks practically the same minus outer box art.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the soundtrack that comes with the CE isn't something you can actually listen to unless you play it through a Blu-ray player, ya?

I still have not heard from DR about the Final Fantasy X/X-2 CE did the free shipping for orders over $100.00 called today and they said my order was processing anyone else still waiting to hear from them ?

I still have not heard from DR about the Final Fantasy X/X-2 CE did the free shipping for orders over $100.00 called today and they said my order was processing anyone else still waiting to hear from them ?
They process newer orders before older orders. I have an order back from January that I haven't gotten a shipping notification for. I ended up just ordering two.

They process newer orders before older orders. I have an order back from January that I haven't gotten a shipping notification for. I ended up just ordering two.
Interesting. I got the notifications for mine on March 12 within half an hour of each other--one for January 13 and one for February 26. Maybe they have a monkey pull a random name out of a hat?

Not sure if it's already been mentioned here but if you want the Diablo CE (or standard), Newegg's got a $5 gift card promo for preordering (promo ends in 48 hours). Since the Amazon/GS pre-order bonus is redeemed by activating your game key before March 31st (the other one can't be redeemed until HotS is released), I don't see why you can't get the same pre-order bonus from Newegg (since it doesn't say anything about a pre-order bonus), so this plus the gift card and no tax made me cancel my Amazon pre-order (I live in WA). 

Standard

CE

Hope this helps someone :)

I don't really think that is it, I ordered mine the day that it came available to pre-order and I got a shipping notification last Thursday.

Not sure if it's already been mentioned here but if you want the Diablo CE (or standard), Newegg's got a $5 gift card promo for preordering (promo ends in 48 hours). Since the Amazon/GS pre-order bonus is redeemed by activating your game key before March 31st (the other one can't be redeemed until HotS is released), I don't see why you can't get the same pre-order bonus from Newegg (since it doesn't say anything about a pre-order bonus), so this plus the gift card and no tax made me cancel my Amazon pre-order (I live in WA).

Standard

CE

Hope this helps someone :)
You get the preorder bonus no matter where you get it from as long as you register the game before the 31st.

My FFX/X-2 HD CE orders arrived. They put them in the corner of the box, but at least they wrapped a lot of sheets around them before stuffing it. Everything is pristine. :)

Called dr again and was told my order is still in processing. They also said they where waiting for the item to come I the warehouse then he noticed it was released today an asured me they ha enough stock

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I'm at best buy and found a bravely default collectors edition. Was thinking on getting the game but not totally sure. I've got to get tales, x/x2 and infamous still lol. Should I pick it up!?!

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I'm at best buy and found a bravely default collectors edition. Was thinking on getting the game but not totally sure. I've got to get tales, x/x2 and infamous still lol. Should I pick it up!?!
Yes, absolutely. it sold out everywhere.

My FFX/X-2 HD CE orders arrived. They put them in the corner of the box, but at least they wrapped a lot of sheets around them before stuffing it. Everything is pristine. :)
Same here but I got one bad corner on the lower left. Shipping box isn't really damaged so I'm chalking it up to these just not being very durable. I still think it's a neat CE but it definitely draws to more of a niche crowd.

My FF X CE came Fed Ex. Laid flat in box with paper padding on top, no marks.

Just put the soundtrack in PS3 and that won't work for getting the songs. You MUST use a PC with a Blu-Ray drive to get the MP3's of the songs.

WOOHOO BestBuy already sent me a email saying that my Infamous Second Son CE was shipped out today. More then likely I will be getting on Friday!!! :D/

[quote name="Darthlain18" post="11620559" timestamp="1395162688"]Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I'm at best buy and found a bravely default collectors edition. Was thinking on getting the game but not totally sure. I've got to get tales, x/x2 and infamous still lol. Should I pick it up!?![/quote]

The game hasn't done a whole lot for me, but I tend to not be a fan of having a billion class options to build your own team. If you like that (think like FFV or DQIX) then you'll probably really like it. The CE is also fairly rare/valuable--as far as I'm aware--so you might as well grab it now and think later. Lol

The game hasn't done a whole lot for me, but I tend to not be a fan of having a billion class options to build your own team. If you like that (think like FFV or DQIX) then you'll probably really like it. The CE is also fairly rare/valuable--as far as I'm aware--so you might as well grab it now and think later. Lol
Thanks! That's what I did. I'm elite status so I have 30 days to return it if I don't want it or don't feel like holding onto it.

Got my FFX HD CE today and they didn't try to jam mine in the other direction, so that doesn't seem to be standard packing procedure. I guess it depends on who is packing yours. Mine actually came with packing material for a change. My DR orders never do.

Got my FFX HD CE today and happy to report I didn't have the jamming problem that someone else mentioned, so hopefully it's not the norm. It also had packing material, ALOT, in the box.

I'm playing the soundtrack right now and happy to report my baby seems to be taking after mommy and not her non-gaming daddy and likes watching it  :D/

Anyone know if the soundtrack is sold separately for x/x2 hd? I heard it's completely remastered as well and I loved the music in the original ps2 version

Anyone know if the soundtrack is sold separately for x/x2 hd? I heard it's completely remastered as well and I loved the music in the original ps2 version
Yeah seperately it's $60 plus shipping (minimum $10) I believe so that's why all of us just got the CE for $80 plus shipping.

My FFX HD CE doesn't appear to be coming in today =( Been little worried about it since I haven't received any updates on the location of it since Thursday.

Is the South Park collectors edition worth it? Can get it with that 15% off gamestop coupon.
It's pretty neat. Giant Cartman statue which isn't available anywhere else except the CE and the cloth map is pretty neat. It's a bit bare bones for the price but I think the statue is cool.

I have a digital river related question. How hard is it to change shipping addresses? I'm moving next month and I need to get my Drakeengard 3 CE sent to my new address. Is this a near impossible task?

e: Did a bit of research and found a phone number so I'm gonna give this a go.

E: Well, the process of asking them to change it was completely painless. Let's see if it actually happens. Worst case scenario my forwarding address will fix it.

Got my FFX CE today, looks to be in pristine condition, despite the fact it was in a fairly loose box. Once again this makes me wonder why the hell Amazon can't send me undamaged CE's.

I look forward to seeing the condition of my Infamous one this friday

Received my damaged Titanfall CE in the mail today. The driver left my box in the rain but luckily the CE box wasn't wet. However, when I pulled out Titanfall I found that someone had already opened the box, tore the instructions inside, put stickers all over the sleeve which also happened to be torn, and tried to repackage it but was unsuccessful and instead used shipping tape to try and close the lid. They'll give me a refund, but I'm just worried that by the time I do get one the only GS in my area will have sold their last CE. I really dont want to order another Titanfall from Amazon again.

Received my damaged Titanfall CE in the mail today. The driver left my box in the rain but luckily the CE box wasn't wet. However, when I pulled out Titanfall I found that someone had already opened the box, tore the instructions inside, put stickers all over the sleeve which also happened to be torn, and tried to repackage it but was unsuccessful and instead used shipping tape to try and close the lid. They'll give me a refund, but I'm just worried that by the time I do get one the only GS in my area will have sold their last CE. I really dont want to order another Titanfall from Amazon again.
That sounds so awful I actually want to se3 photos. Do you mind?

Received my damaged Titanfall CE in the mail today. The driver left my box in the rain but luckily the CE box wasn't wet. However, when I pulled out Titanfall I found that someone had already opened the box, tore the instructions inside, put stickers all over the sleeve which also happened to be torn, and tried to repackage it but was unsuccessful and instead used shipping tape to try and close the lid. They'll give me a refund, but I'm just worried that by the time I do get one the only GS in my area will have sold their last CE. I really dont want to order another Titanfall from Amazon again.
I recommend not using Amazon for CEs period anymore. Stick with Gamestop online. They package things much better. Although this Titanfall CE seems to be a unique case because of its rare size. That said, you had your item tampered with and that is certainly a reason to be mad.

Wow I would be pissed and not only ask for a complete refund but that you get to keep it. They had no reason to open it and you could potentially make it a law suit or threaten to. Sounds like some douche in the warehouse either wanted to just be a jerk or wanted to see it for himself and was extremely careless.

Got mt FFX hd special edition from amazon. it came in one of those cardboard foldouts and even then the spine of the outer box was still bent. lulz Oh well at least I got one :D

Wow I would be pissed and not only ask for a complete refund but that you get to keep it. They had no reason to open it and you could potentially make it a law suit or threaten to. Sounds like some douche in the warehouse either wanted to just be a jerk or wanted to see it for himself and was extremely careless.
Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. There is no basis for filing a lawsuit if they offer him a refund in exchange for a return.

That sucks! Tha AWS CE I got for a whopping $5 off was untouched except for the box being a little roughed up. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back