Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you know there were 363 left? Was there a counter at the checkout stating how many were left because I did not see it.
Someone here told me the other day that you have to have it in your cart then put a high quantity then it will say

"We're sorry but there is not enough quantity in stock to complete this order. We have xxx available. Please update your quantity". As of right now, it's at 310

Someone here told me the other day that you have to have it in your cart then put a high quantity then it will say

"We're sorry but there is not enough quantity in stock to complete this order. We have xxx available. Please update your quantity". As of right now, it's at 310
I too can confirm that it shouldn't show OOS. I just checked and it says 304 available on my end. Makes you wonder if they really did sell out originally and decided to print more.

Welp, I broke down and pre-ordered the Drakengard 3 CE.   Not wanting to pay the S&H costs I also got the Play Arts Kai Mini Zidane figure as it was something I didn't mind waiting til D3's release for. 

I do still need the FFX-X2 CE, but I think im gonna wait on that one since its still in stock.

Is it just me, or does that Neptunia PP LE look kind of crappy? I know it's only $12 extra, but you would think it would at least come with a soundtrack or artbook.

Is it just me, or does that Neptunia PP LE look kind of crappy? I know it's only $12 extra, but you would think it would at least come with a soundtrack or artbook.
It's very bare bones. I like wipes more than the average guy (I have a collection of about 3-4 anime wipes I do use), but yeah very boring indeed. I would have killed for a soundtrack (I mean it's an Idol game....if the music is good I'd want to listen to it). If I was NISA i would have created an art type book made to look like a manager's binder with information on the idols and such to look like you're scouting them. Could have just been like 12-14 pages but would have been a fun addition. I'm still excited as heck for the game as I don't like to play Japanese games that have a lot of dialogue in them (like Yakuza) as I like to follow the story and comments and such (though in idol games you can tell how your idol is doing by her reactions). Still will order the CE since I was getting the game anyway, but could have been so much better.

It's very bare bones. I like wipes more than the average guy (I have a collection of about 3-4 anime wipes I do use), but yeah very boring indeed. I would have killed for a soundtrack (I mean it's an Idol game....if the music is good I'd want to listen to it). If I was NISA i would have created an art type book made to look like a manager's binder with information on the idols and such to look like you're scouting them. Could have just been like 12-14 pages but would have been a fun addition. I'm still excited as heck for the game as I don't like to play Japanese games that have a lot of dialogue in them (like Yakuza) as I like to follow the story and comments and such (though in idol games you can tell how your idol is doing by her reactions). Still will order the CE since I was getting the game anyway, but could have been so much better.
if i am not mistaken, it is call Kami Jigen Idol Neptune PP in japan, right.? the video i saw has alot of dialogues it seems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc28rlkZwcs

So I contacted Square Enix (i.e. Digital River) about needing to switch my CC information on my Drakangard CE [I used a Paypal CC and they recently prematurely cancelled it due to the Target security breach---you know being proactive and al *sarcasm*] and I got this response:

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix online store.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we do not have a
option to update the billing information.

We show on the website that the product is still available for
pre-order.

Please attempt a new order.

So short of calling a magical number cancelling and reordering is my only option. I'm just afraid the original order will get cancelled (as it should) due to the card being declined and the new one will get cancelled because it's limit 2 and it'll be my second order of two and then I'll be stuck with nothing.

Here is the unboxing of Elder Scrolls Online Collectors..the statue looks very impressive and so does that massive artbook!

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-imperial-edition-unboxing
That figure seems to be a lot bigger than I was expecting, that combined with the artbook make that $100 price tag seem like a bargain to me.

I'm just afraid the original order will get cancelled (as it should) due to the card being declined and the new one will get cancelled because it's limit 2 and it'll be my second order of two and then I'll be stuck with nothing.
Logically speaking, since the original order wont go through, it shouldn't count against any limits on your account. Thats assuming DR even has any kind of real structure of punishing those who break the limit amount per account. If they dont have the technology to edit an order once its placed, I highly doubt they have any kind of enforcement with multiple orders.

That figure seems to be a lot bigger than I was expecting, that combined with the artbook make that $100 price tag seem like a bargain to me.
I was quite surprised as well when I picked mine up. If it were Ubisoft they probably would've asked for at least $120-130. $80 after GCU was more than worth it.

Is Square suppose to charge right away for preorders with Paypal? I thought they always waited til it came out before charging your card. Or is it because I ordered some other stuff with it that weren't preorders.

Is Square suppose to charge right away for preorders with Paypal? I thought they always waited til it came out before charging your card. Or is it because I ordered some other stuff with it that weren't preorders.
They always insta charge paypal. i think it's using a CC in which they wait?

^ If you pay using paypal directly (i.e. log into PayPal) you will ALWAYS have the funds removed immediately after the purchase is made. This is true for almost every retailer. If you pay be credit/debit card or even a PayPal debit card the funds will have a hold immediately placed on them but that will fall off after a few business days and you will be charged in full once the order has been shipped or shortly after it is delivered (depending on company).

Yeah was thinking an idol game should at least come with a soundtrack, but eh if you're gonna get the game anyway might as well get the collector's edition.

So I contacted Square Enix (i.e. Digital River) about needing to switch my CC information on my Drakangard CE [I used a Paypal CC and they recently prematurely cancelled it due to the Target security breach---you know being proactive and al *sarcasm*] and I got this response:

So short of calling a magical number cancelling and reordering is my only option. I'm just afraid the original order will get cancelled (as it should) due to the card being declined and the new one will get cancelled because it's limit 2 and it'll be my second order of two and then I'll be stuck with nothing.
Their site is a fucking joke isn't it? Just like not being able to look up order history--not to mention that it's a pain in the ass to navigate and that half the time just logging in will lock your account for 'suspicious activity'. I honestly cannot believe that a company in 2014 still has an online store like that. It really is a bad joke. I need to cancel my FFXIV CE pre-order because I'm getting it elsewhere now that it's not exclusive. I sent them an email a week ago and have heard nothing. It will charge and ship soon, so I think I'm going to have to just cancel my credit card and get a new number (probably call and say it was lost). No fucking excuse for that nonsense.

Hmm I am about to be in the same boat. My CC is forcing a new card on me too because it was used at a place that was breached I guess. I can't believe they have zero way to change payment info :wall:

Their site is a fucking joke isn't it? Just like not being able to look up order history--not to mention that it's a pain in the ass to navigate and that half the time just logging in will lock your account for 'suspicious activity'. I honestly cannot believe that a company in 2014 still has an online store like that. It really is a bad joke.
It's insane. It's the website you'd get from programmers who have no prior experience with e-commerce and are figuring it out as they go along. 20 years ago a lot of websites felt like that, these days not so much. Things like looking up your order history and being able to cancel an order are pretty much solved problems at this point.

I think we could all predict that Square-Enix would have not adapted to the standards of today's regular online store/website. The first example would have been using Play-Online when other websites of the time were 100% easier to use. If anyone has played their MMO's its almost a nightmare to set them up/cancel them too. I started playing FFXIV during phase 3 beta before their new Loadstone launched and my god it was garbage. Not to mention that it takes you to a completely different website for payment/subscription. In comparison, I have played WoW since launch and they have one of the best websites for payments/subscriptions and it has only become better. I do not play any MMO's anymore though. 

Yeah the whole process for setting up an account and payment stuff for A Realm Reborn is super cumbersome and sometimes confusing, and I've heard it's greatly streamlined from what it was like during Final Fantasy XI.

Making an account in FFXI was probably one of the worst things ever, all that random info they kept wanted you to remember and when I stopped playing and came back once it took FOREVER to get my info back to play again 

Making an account in FFXI was probably one of the worst things ever, all that random info they kept wanted you to remember and when I stopped playing and came back once it took FOREVER to get my info back to play again
I ended up making a new account. The one I used for XI was long lost, and they wanted a rediculous amount of info to prove it was mine.

But I still remember how ass backwards making an account on XI for 360 was.

Unless the final preorder wave bonus for Drakengard 3 is something freaking amazing (WTF STEELBOOOOOK :roll:), I think I'm going to just let my 2-CE order "expire" by not changing the CC I used for it. I just don't want to give Digital River any money for their incompetence, and I don't mind getting a vanilla copy from Amazon eventually (maybe a copy from AWD :pray:). Plus I'd have to sell the extra CE on eBay since Amazon doesn't have a listing for it, and I'm not sure I'd want to deal with that. :???:

Have you guys refused delivery for an order from Amazon before?  If so, do you have to talk to CS ahead of time or will you automatically be refunded when they receive the package without having to contact CS? TIA

No need to contact CS, refund will be automatic once they get the refused item back.

PC ESO Imperial back in-stock on AMZ

Well, I just had to call my credit union and say that my credit card was lost, so I could get a new one and deactivate the old one. I needed to cancel my FFXIV CE order from SE, but due to their website service being akin to an elementary school web design project from the early '90s, I was unable to. Such a fucking joke that this was necessary.

I've been wrestling with deciding if I want to keep my Drakengard 3 CE and finally decided today to just cancel it. I'm moving soon and decided it wasn't even remotely worth the hassle of dealing with them. There's rumors play-asia may actually get it at some point (and considering that amazon now has the regular edition for preorder I'm cautiously optimistic) so I'll wait that one out.
How would one go about canceling something from DR? Besides calling them, I also see a form that has the option to "cancel order" but how well does that work? (how fast is the response)

I think we could all predict that Square-Enix would have not adapted to the standards of today's regular online store/website. The first example would have been using Play-Online when other websites of the time were 100% easier to use. If anyone has played their MMO's its almost a nightmare to set them up/cancel them too. I started playing FFXIV during phase 3 beta before their new Loadstone launched and my god it was garbage. Not to mention that it takes you to a completely different website for payment/subscription. In comparison, I have played WoW since launch and they have one of the best websites for payments/subscriptions and it has only become better. I do not play any MMO's anymore though.
Oh god PlayOnline. I remember buying the Final Fantasy 9 strategy guide and it was so useless I was pissed. It kept saying go to PlayOnline for the secrets, hints, extras, maps, etc. The physical guide literally only covered about 1/3rd or less of the game content, and even then it was just the basics. The guide was full of 'links' to PlayOnline and keywords to search for, so infuriating.

Oh god PlayOnline. I remember buying the Final Fantasy 9 strategy guide and it was so useless I was pissed. It kept saying go to PlayOnline for the secrets, hints, extras, maps, etc. The physical guide literally only covered about 1/3rd or less of the game content, and even then it was just the basics. The guide was full of 'links' to PlayOnline and keywords to search for, so infuriating.
God, that guide is definitely a waste of money. I remember the day i bought it and the major disappointment when i started reading it once i got home.

*shudder* That was the first (and only) time I used the "Notes" page at the back and filled it with info from online/magazines (ExpertGamer's helpful tips for the Chocobo digging minigame come to mind) for various sidequests. Funny how that one page ended up being more useful than the entire "guide". :headache:

Does anyone know if best buy will carry sniper elite 3 collectors edition? I called yesterday and they said they don't have it for preorder just wondering if anyone knows if they will eventually get it?

Does anyone know if best buy will carry sniper elite 3 collectors edition? I called yesterday and they said they don't have it for preorder just wondering if anyone knows if they will eventually get it?
I doubt it. The last few Sniper CEs have been Gamestop exclusive in the US, even though Gamestop never advertised them as such.

Magical number (assuming they haven't changed it or stopped providing service from it):

612-260-3118

Drakengard 3rd wave for pre-ordering is six PlayStation 3 skins, that was a big bust!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/09/drakengard-3-designing-an-rpg-hero/
Question:

I originally put my preorder in back in February when it was wave one. I had to place a second order yesterday because my CC was cancelled and reissued and couldn't figure out how to change my billing info on the first order.

Will my second order still get all 3 waves of preorder bonuses? or is it based on when you place your order?

It was supposed to be based on when the order was placed... You're probably not eligible for the earlier wave bonuses now.

The bad thing about CE low stock notifications is that I feel more pressed to purchase a copy even though I don't actually want it. I see "Less than 25% remaining," and my brain immediately think "OMG buy it!!!"

As tempted as I am by Mugen Souls, the first game really did not look appealing to me, and I don't think Compile Heart makes very good games. And yet, I'm still tempted by the low stock warning lol. Thankfully my ideal if buying games/series that I actually 'want' wins out over 'teh omg itz rarez!' lol

As tempted as I am by Mugen Souls, the first game really did not look appealing to me, and I don't think Compile Heart makes very good games. And yet, I'm still tempted by the low stock warning lol. Thankfully my ideal if buying games/series that I actually 'want' wins out over 'teh omg itz rarez!' lol
The one thing keeping me from being all over that CE is sadly that an OST is not included. If they went with the Standard Artbook/Soundtrack/Collector's Box like they did for the first i'd be happy. I like the poster, but the little other bonus is meh. Also doesn't help that the normal edition costs about 50 dollars so you have to decide if you want the game and if the bonuses are worth 20.....still undecided and will likely decide after a little playing of the first game today and tomorrow likely.

Question:

I originally put my preorder in back in February when it was wave one. I had to place a second order yesterday because my CC was cancelled and reissued and couldn't figure out how to change my billing info on the first order.

Will my second order still get all 3 waves of preorder bonuses? or is it based on when you place your order?
If you preordered the CE, then you *SHOULD* be eligible for all three waves...that's if the information on the store page is to be believed:

"Only 5,000 copies of this exclusive item will be produced, so pre-order now to reserve your copy while supplies last! Pre-ordering this version also locks you in for three free bonus items:

1.) Japanese VO DLC
2.) Nier Costume Pack
3.) 6 PSN Themes"

If you went with the regular edition, then it would be whenever it was preordered.

I actually got my FF XIV PS4 CE in the mail yesterday.  I ordered it along w/ a standard edition for my wife.  I ordered direct from S-E, everything was packaged very well & the set was in perfect condition.  

I gotta say - I'm 4 for 4 this year on orders I've placed with S-E & had zero issues.  

I actually got my FF XIV PS4 CE in the mail yesterday. I ordered it along w/ a standard edition for my wife. I ordered direct from S-E, everything was packaged very well & the set was in perfect condition.

I gotta say - I'm 4 for 4 this year on orders I've placed with S-E & had zero issues.
How is the CE? I'm tempted to get it on amazon but a little short on funds at the moment.

I just pre-ordered the Neptunia PP LE, and after I take care oft some things, hope to pre-order Mugen Souls Z. I'm one of the few supporters of the first game as a lot of ppl hated it, so I'm looking forward to it.

How is the CE? I'm tempted to get it on amazon but a little short on funds at the moment.
I really like it. I love Amano's artwork, so the box alone is a huge plus for me - it's gorgeous. The artbook isn't super-thick but it's hardbound w/ a dust cover and printed on very nice paper. And it's long enough to where you feel like there's some "meat" to it. I wish they had put a full soundtrack in, but I suppose that was asking for too much. Haven't watched the movie yet. The key generator fob is a nice bonus, and the digital extras are actually things I want for the most part (tho I can't redeem them until tomorrow). All in all, I think it's worth the money.

I wouldn't get FF XIV. It's an MMO.
NO WAY!?!?!? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back