Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I want mine to get here soon, so I can sell the damn thing while there's still a market for it! I recently decided to get away from all CEs--for myriad reasons--but this thing had already shipped. It looks like I should make a bit of money off it, though--even with factoring in fees and what not.
Hardly seems worth it. Time spent sitting on ebay, time it takes to drop it off for delivery, hoping the buyer is happy and then you get hit with fees for listing it, it selling and paypal payment fees on top of that. And just everything involved just to make less than 50% of your original cost?

[quote name="Mr_hat" post="11771349" timestamp="1400535940"]Hardly seems worth it. Time spent sitting on ebay, time it takes to drop it off for delivery, hoping the buyer is happy and then you get hit with fees for listing it, it selling and paypal payment fees on top of that. And just everything involved just to make less than 50% of your original cost?[/quote]

You did read the rest of my post, yeah? I didn't buy it to flip.

Hardly seems worth it. Time spent sitting on ebay, time it takes to drop it off for delivery, hoping the buyer is happy and then you get hit with fees for listing it, it selling and paypal payment fees on top of that. And just everything involved just to make less than 50% of your original cost?
Don't knock it until you try it. I've sold plenty of things on eBay and it really isn't that complicated or time consuming. I've sold probably over 200 individual items and have never had any problems with domestic transactions. Also 50% of your original cost means that you are only paying 50% for your own copy. A lot of times I will sell an extra CE online so it cuts my own costs. Trying to profit big on selling CEs won't really net you much profits but in small increments it can help with your disposable income.

Well and update on who won the race :

http://imgur.com/a/8BQYx

NISA delivered Mugan Souls Z CE today on 5/19/14

Digital River on the other hand has updated their shipping 5/19/14 Accepted by USPS.

(Last time http://www.tracking.smartlabel.com/ showed it was accepted by USPS on my FFX/X-2 CE it really never was and I was in a month long battle with DR just to get my money back. Lets just hope that they actually got it as the USPS website has not been updated as of yet. Fingers crossed on this one, as DR has already boned me on my last order from them.)

5/18/2014 11:07 PM In transit Hebron, KY 41048

5/18/2014 10:51 PM In transit Hebron, KY 41048

5/18/2014 10:51 PM Electronic Shipping Sent to USPS  

5/16/2014 04:38 PM In transit Fishers, IN 46037

5/16/2014 03:51 PM In transit Hebron, KY 41048

5/16/2014 03:20 PM Shipment Shipped Fishers, IN

46037 5/16/2014 10:33 AM Arrived at Shipping Facility Fishers, IN 46037

5/15/2014 07:36 PM Electronic Shipping Info Received Lino Lakes, MN 55014

How are they this damn stupid.

I'm right across the damn river!!!!

I know that feel bro. Mine is literally at my towns post office 10 minutes away, but they'll charge me for picking it up so decided to just wait it out :/ They had it since early morning and don't know why it didn't dispatch with all the rest of my mail :(

5/18/2014 11:07 PM In transit Hebron, KY 41048

5/18/2014 10:51 PM In transit Hebron, KY 41048

5/18/2014 10:51 PM Electronic Shipping Sent to USPS

5/16/2014 04:38 PM In transit Fishers, IN 46037

5/16/2014 03:51 PM In transit Hebron, KY 41048

5/16/2014 03:20 PM Shipment Shipped Fishers, IN

46037 5/16/2014 10:33 AM Arrived at Shipping Facility Fishers, IN 46037

5/15/2014 07:36 PM Electronic Shipping Info Received Lino Lakes, MN 55014

They don't want you getting it before 5/20 the official release date, so they instructed the shipping service to take the long route.

Considering canceling my Watch Dogs Collectors Edition preorder. What are the chances this one will go on sale later on?
It's Ubisoft so it is guaranteed that it'll sit around for long past launch, especially with 6 different sku's being out there.

I got my Drakengard 3 CE in as well. While I dislike Digital river's shipping costs/pre-order policy it came in extremely well packaged and without a ding on it, as usual.

Got my Drakengard 3 CE just now, box looks perfect except for a slight rip/ding on the back near the premium package picture but it's not a huge deal I suppose. Don't know how that happened since the box was perfect when it arrived.

For all of those that received their Drakengard CE was your USPS updated before hand ?> Mine has not updated since 5/16/14, but the newgistics website says that 5/19/14 it is at my local USPS. Could it just be that USPS is slow at updating ? I have heard of this from time to time but by this amount of days is kind of questionable. 

Has anyone's Panzerhund edition shipped from the Bethesda store yet?  I know they charged the full amount upon ordering, so I'm not sure why I haven't received a shipment confirmation yet.  

For all of those that received their Drakengard CE was your USPS updated before hand ?> Mine has not updated since 5/16/14, but the newgistics website says that 5/19/14 it is at my local USPS. Could it just be that USPS is slow at updating ? I have heard of this from time to time but by this amount of days is kind of questionable.
It seems both sites update at different times. By the time it was in my town, usps said it was still in Fisher while newgistic said it was a town away. Now that I have it, USPS has it showing delivered and newgistic says it's still in the next town over.

So far I am 4/4 with digital river. Got both Drakengards in perfect condition and packed very well as usual

Don't like the blue PS3 strip. I know one of these days I'm not gonna be paying attention and will buy a PS3 game at a store when I meant it to be for PS4.

Well I think I am getting boned on my Drakengard 3 CE. Tracking number from Newgistics says that USPS has it 5/19/14 and USPS has not been updated since 5/16/14. Same thing happened with my FF X/X-2 CE and it never came and it was a month long fiasco with DR. If anyone who purchased an extra copy and wants to sell theirs to me at a reasonable price let me know as I am going to wait a day and see if the USPS website ever says they got it or call them and ask tomorrow.

This will be 0/2 for DR on my part if this happened again and the same way. How the hell ? 

I made the ill advised decision to pad out my order for free shipping of Drakengard 3 CE, and one of the filler items was delayed from April to June.  I figure there's a 50/50 change Digital River sells the game out from under me before then, and I've made peace with that.  

For anyone else in a similar boat, check your e-mail because SE is sending out free PSN codes for release date so you can still play on release date.  They're probably pre-emptively trying to mitigate the damage from when DR inevitably fucks this up, but it's nice to get a free digital copy regardless.

E-Mail Text:

"Due to a delay with international shipments, the Drakengard 3 Original Soundtrack CD has been delayed by approximately one week, which will also delay shipment of Drakengard 3 the game. To ensure that you will be able to play Drakengard 3 on its release date, please accept the Drakengard 3 PSN download code below."

I made the ill advised decision to pad out my order for free shipping of Drakenguard 3 CE, and one of the filler items was delayed from April to June. I figure there's a 50/50 change Digital River sells the game out from under me before then, and I've made peace with that.

For anyone else in a similar boat, check your e-mail because SE is sending out free PSN codes for release date so you can still play on release date. They're probably pre-emptively trying to mitigate the damage from when DR inevitably fucks this up, but it's nice to get a free digital copy regardless.

E-Mail Text:

"Due to a delay with international shipments, the Drakengard 3 Original Soundtrack CD has been delayed by approximately one week, which will also delay shipment of Drakengard 3 the game. To ensure that you will be able to play Drakengard 3 on its release date, please accept the Drakengard 3 PSN download code below."
Call Digital River support and cancel the item that is backordered. You will still get free shipping and you won't have to wait on the backorder item. I ran into this same issue with my Lightning Returns CE and I was able to alter my order so I could get my items on time. The number for Digital River support is 1-800-598-7450

I made the ill advised decision to pad out my order for free shipping of Drakenguard 3 CE, and one of the filler items was delayed from April to June. I figure there's a 50/50 change Digital River sells the game out from under me before then, and I've made peace with that.

For anyone else in a similar boat, check your e-mail because SE is sending out free PSN codes for release date so you can still play on release date. They're probably pre-emptively trying to mitigate the damage from when DR inevitably fucks this up, but it's nice to get a free digital copy regardless.

E-Mail Text:

They hung onto my Lightning Returns LE until Drakengard 3 shipped, so I'd say you've got a chance of them not selling the item out from under you.

I made the ill advised decision to pad out my order for free shipping of Drakengard 3 CE, and one of the filler items was delayed from April to June. I figure there's a 50/50 change Digital River sells the game out from under me before then, and I've made peace with that.

E-Mail Text:

For the FFX HD CE, I ordered a Kingdom Hearts piano soundtrack to go with it. It went out of stock about a month before the game came out. I still ended up getting both of them.

No problems with DR here. My standard and Collectors Edition Drakengard 3 came in perfect. Only issue I have had with them is the locking of my account due to the very suspicious activity of logging in.

I made the ill advised decision to pad out my order for free shipping of Drakengard 3 CE, and one of the filler items was delayed from April to June. I figure there's a 50/50 change Digital River sells the game out from under me before then, and I've made peace with that.

E-Mail Text:
What's the sender's email address on this one? Is it SE customer support?

Maybe you have an enemy at the post office you don't know about?
Cant be that I have ordered things through NISA both times and gotten them perfectly.

FF X/X-2 CE (DR) ---- The Witch and the Hundered Knights CE (NISA)

Drakengard 3 CE (DR) ---- Mugan Souls Z CE (NISA)

They both have around the same release date and all were sent through USPS. I have only received the NISA packages and not the Digital River ones, both times now. Also the NISA games have arrived a day early then release day. It is starting to bug me that things is happening, now I have to probably drop $160 on a Drakengard 3 CE on eBay as that is what they are going for. That is double the cost of what I paid, wonderful..........Unless someone here ordered too and wants to sell me one at a lower cost to help someone out, that would be wonderful. I would pay for shipping and it would be through PayPal.

Edit: Confirmed. I got fucked again, USPS in my local town just looked up the container ID and they have scanned in everything from that container from Newgistics and my package was never scanned in. Wonderful......................................................................................................................................................................

I am just lost for words.

Is there any way to contact Square Enix themselves to just tell my story and see if there is anything they can do themselves ? I can not find their contact info at all. I also do not have a twitter account so thats pretty much off the mark there.

So I wanted the PS4 CE of Watch_Dogs, but best buy has been sold out online for awhile. I have GCU that's why I want to get it from BB. I did preorder a vanilla version. Does anyone know if they will have any CE in store on release for sale? And if so, it shouldn't be an issues for me to "upgrade" the copy I already preordered?

Cant be that I have ordered things through NISA both times and gotten them perfectly.

They both have around the same release date and all were sent through USPS. I have only received the NISA packages and not the Digital River ones, both times now. Also the NISA games have arrived a day early then release day. It is starting to bug me that things is happening, now I have to probably drop $160 on a Drakengard 3 CE on eBay as that is what they are going for. That is double the cost of what I paid, wonderful..........Unless someone here ordered too and wants to sell me one at a lower cost to help someone out, that would be wonderful. I would pay for shipping and it would be through PayPal.

Edit: Confirmed. I got fucked again, USPS in my local town just looked up the container ID and they have scanned in everything from that container from Newgistics and my package was never scanned in. Wonderful......................................................................................................................................................................

Is there any way to contact Square Enix themselves to just tell my story and see if there is anything they can do themselves ? I can not find their contact info at all. I also do not have a twitter account so thats pretty much off the mark there.
That royally sucks. It sounds like its more of an issue between newgistics and USPS losing your package and not Square Enix. I bet someone is stealing your package or something. If newgistics says it was delivered to USPS and then USPS says it was never scanned in it sounds a bit fishy.

That royally sucks. It sounds like its more of an issue between newgistics and USPS losing your package and not Square Enix. I bet someone is stealing your package or something. If newgistics says it was delivered to USPS and then USPS says it was never scanned in it sounds a bit fishy.
Yeah but why would they steal only my DR packages though ? NISA packages have came through there just fine. My thought is someone is stealing them at Newgistics personally.

On another note I contacted DR and demanded they do something. They actually did this time around, they said they are going to contact their warehouse and they will be the ones getting back to me. Not really sure if this really is going to help or not though.

Yea this isn't a complain repeatedly about your DR order / Digital River thread, it's a Collector's Edition thread. Why are people posting updates on this forum announcing every step you take regarding your DR order? it gets old and repetitive and it's no-one else's problem.

From all the releases they've handled in the past and all the chatter in these forums alone, everyone knows the risks of doing business with DR and knows how their personal experiences have gone with them in the past before buying Drakengard 3 to begin with.

Sorry to hear bro. I feel your pain. I'm always skeptical when ordering from DR, the Ni No Kuni fiasco was enough for me.

Yea this isn't a complain repeatedly about your DR order / Digital River thread, it's a Collector's Edition thread. Why are people posting updates on this forum announcing every step you take regarding your DR order? it gets old and repetitive and it's no-one else's problem.

From all the releases they've handled in the past and all the chatter in these forums alone, everyone knows the risks of doing business with DR and knows how their personal experiences have gone with them in the past before buying Drakengard 3 to begin with.
Did you feel the need to post just to belittle people who partake in this thread? While this thread is specific to collector's edtions of games, there are plenty of people in this forum who ask for help regarding their orders. Yes we all know how crappy Digital River can be. With that being said, I still read posts on here about people having their orders placed on back order and when I see posts like that I do provide help to those in need (i.e. giving out Digital River's customer support number, personal experiences, etc).

Obviously you are just a lurker with only 5 posts and felt the need to get on someones case when they were just venting and asking for the best form of action.

I would say I've placed at least 50 but closer to 100 orders from DR between Capcom, Namco, Square, and Microsoft (I'm sure I'm forgetting some store fronts) and I've only had one problem and that was when they shipped the MvC 3 SE (steelbook) underneath a set of game guides (it came damaged).

I've always gotten my orders, been billed correctly, and in many cases preorders arrive BEFORE release date and I'm a long ways away from MN (I live in ME).

I really am not sure why some people have constant problems. I'm guessing it is a sign that your post office doesn't do a good job handling hybrid services like SurePost, Smart Post or this newgistics ----> USPS service.

(858) 790-7529 It their main Line out of California for north America

I would say I've placed at least 50 but closer to 100 orders from DR between Capcom, Namco, Square, and Microsoft (I'm sure I'm forgetting some store fronts) and I've only had one problem and that was when they shipped the MvC 3 SE (steelbook) underneath a set of game guides (it came damaged).

I've always gotten my orders, been billed correctly, and in many cases preorders arrive BEFORE release date and I'm a long ways away from MN (I live in ME).

I really am not sure why some people have constant problems. I'm guessing it is a sign that your post office doesn't do a good job handling hybrid services like SurePost, Smart Post or this newgistics ----> USPS service.
Except that most of the problems people report here and elsewhere are not postal carrier related issues. They are things like never shipping at all, cancelling orders despite being placed well before others that are shipped, failing to pack things properly and failing to respond to e-mail or phone inquiries on a timely basis. Those are all things DR has complete control over as those are the only things their business does as it is just a fulfillment company servicing product manufacturers and publishers.

I've probably placed as many DR orders as you have, maybe even more and while the last few times with Square have been good experiences for the most part, I have had my share of lousy packing jobs, cancelled orders and customer service people who have no ability but to tell me to send the wrong or damaged goods back at my expense for a refund that won't include shipping either way that won't be processed for a month. Frankly, the last few times I have just called the publisher involved and had them handle the issues because DR simply won't. IMHO, Digital River is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with and I hope that someday publishers will wake up to this fact and move their business to the vastly superior companies out there that do the exact same thing but have better customer service and fulfillment infrastructure.

What's the sender's email address on this one? Is it SE customer support?
Sent from Square Enix customer support.

They hung onto my Lightning Returns LE until Drakengard 3 shipped, so I'd say you've got a chance of them not selling the item out from under you.
Thanks for the reassurance. We really only hear the horrible and bizarre stories about Digital River, not about the people who waited patiently and had things work out in the end. It's going in the backlog anyways, so I'm content waiting until my mini Moogle plush comes in stock instead of bothering with their telephone support system from 1995.

I am 0/2 with Digital River, sorry for posting my horror stories. I appreciate all the help everyone has provided, in the future I am not buying anything from them even if it is a limited edition exclusive to their store. I will just buy off eBay at inflated price as that is what I have had to result to for the last two orders.

Other than that: 

I heard that NISA is not publishing Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 ? Idea Factory will be publishing it here in the West, this will be their first time publishing their own game in the West. NISA is loosing a lot of their series it seems. Looks like the JRPG Collectors/Limited Editions are disappearing? That is a pretty big shame honestly. It looks like NISA really only has Nippon Ichi Software left under their belt and maybe a few others, Compile Hearts? 

I am 0/2 with Digital River, sorry for posting my horror stories. I appreciate all the help everyone has provided, in the future I am not buying anything from them even if it is a limited edition exclusive to their store. I will just buy off eBay at inflated price as that is what I have had to result to for the last two orders.
As I read through your posts, I wonder if there isn't something weird about your address (formatting or otherwise) that doesn't jive with Digital River's system. It's not an excuse for them, just an observation.

As I read through your posts, I wonder if there isn't something weird about your address (formatting or otherwise) that doesn't jive with Digital River's system. It's not an excuse for them, just an observation.
I have no idea, I have Amazon Prime and order from NISA all the time too and they always get everything to my address. I have even double checked my address via my invoice and its correct.

Other than that:

I heard that NISA is not publishing Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 ? Idea Factory will be publishing it here in the West, this will be their first time publishing their own game in the West. NISA is loosing a lot of their series it seems. Looks like the JRPG Collectors/Limited Editions are disappearing? That is a pretty big shame honestly. It looks like NISA really only has Nippon Ichi Software left under their belt and maybe a few others, Compile Hearts?
I think NISA still be publishing certain !Dea Factory games in the future, but they're testing the waters with an already established game franchise. the Hyperdimension games have sold quite well in the states and have a good cult following.

anyone have any thoughts on what a signed gears of war 2 (by all of epic who worked on it) would be worth?  obviously one of a kind.

more curious than anything. it is the box that is signed and in great condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back