Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone have any thoughts on what a signed gears of war 2 (by all of epic who worked on it) would be worth? obviously one of a kind.

more curious than anything. it is the box that is signed and in great condition.
Wouldn't say its one of a kind. Won't draw in TOO much cash. There's plenty of gamers out there who've gotten the whole epic team to sign things.

Wouldn't say its one of a kind. Won't draw in TOO much cash. There's plenty of gamers out there who've gotten the whole epic team to sign things.
cool thanks. it was a gift from a friend at epic so not selling it was more curious :)

Did you feel the need to post just to belittle people who partake in this thread? While this thread is specific to collector's edtions of games, there are plenty of people in this forum who ask for help regarding their orders. Yes we all know how crappy Digital River can be. With that being said, I still read posts on here about people having their orders placed on back order and when I see posts like that I do provide help to those in need (i.e. giving out Digital River's customer support number, personal experiences, etc).

Obviously you are just a lurker with only 5 posts and felt the need to get on someones case when they were just venting and asking for the best form of action.
I know you want to be the forum care bear but It's not belittling rather a simple truth. I don't understand why there's "group sessions" regarding DR trauma and terror stories clogging up these forums when it has nothing to do with Collector's Editions.

I can see that you take part in those apparently and that's your thing if you want to console people and check their tracking numbers for them, I didn't realize there's a "Comment Quota" requirement to present a fact and be taken seriously otherwise you're a, wait for it, "lurker". The new word to replace troll apparently.

But yea that aside, my Drakengard 3's arrived in perfect condition, nothing but good things to say about DR every time. But If I did happen to have issues, I wouldn't post them here 7 1/2 times.

So I wanted the PS4 CE of Watch_Dogs, but best buy has been sold out online for awhile. I have GCU that's why I want to get it from BB. I did preorder a vanilla version. Does anyone know if they will have any CE in store on release for sale? And if so, it shouldn't be an issues for me to "upgrade" the copy I already preordered?
Did you try preordering the CE in store with BB? They let me preorder one in store months after it was sold out online. IIRC I preordered mine less than a month ago even though the CE has been sold out online since early December.

Did you try preordering the CE in store with BB? They let me preorder one in store months after it was sold out online. IIRC I preordered mine less than a month ago even though the CE has been sold out online since early December.
Its sold out. Period. I reserved mine back in March. Shortly after it was done. The guy even said it to me earlier.

Anyone know what the code that they emailed us for drakengard 3 is for?  My PS3 bite the dust so I cant redeem it anymore...  I thought all the DLC's are inside the packaging. 

Anyone know what the code that they emailed us for drakengard 3 is for? My PS3 bite the dust so I cant redeem it anymore... I thought all the DLC's are inside the packaging.
It's for all of the preorder DLC (Japanese VO + costumes + themes). And you can still redeem the code online at store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com--just log in, hover over the arrow next to your username, and select "Redeem Codes".

It's for all of the preorder DLC (Japanese VO + costumes + themes). And you can still redeem the code online at store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com--just log in, hover over the arrow next to your username, and select "Redeem Codes".
Thanks but i thought the codes are inside the collectors edition... Anyway with no PS3 i guess it doesn't matter. I just wanted to know since I have to sell my copy now and wanted to make sure the codes are inside the collectors edition before selling it.

Thanks but i thought the codes are inside the collectors edition... Anyway with no PS3 i guess it doesn't matter. I just wanted to know since I have to sell my copy now and wanted to make sure the codes are inside the collectors edition before selling it.
According to the product image, the only code inside the Collector's Edition is for the Caim Costume, Prequel Stage DLC, and Giant Baby Hat accessory. The preorder bonuses should be contained within the code Square-Enix emailed us.

Anyone know what the code that they emailed us for drakengard 3 is for? My PS3 bite the dust so I cant redeem it anymore... I thought all the DLC's are inside the packaging.
the pre-order DLC bonus email header I received from digitalriver ([email protected]) is the following:

Square-Enix, Inc. - Pre-order DLC Pack Wave 1: Japanese VO + 2 Bonus Items Now Available

the pre-order DLC bonus email header I received from digitalriver ([email protected]) is the following:

Square-Enix, Inc. - Pre-order DLC Pack Wave 1: Japanese VO + 2 Bonus Items Now Available
Despite the email subject line saying "Wave 1", I really think the code is for all of the preorder waves, as redeeming mine showed that I'd be getting the themes and I recall that being the final wave.

Sorry everyone! Been on vacation overseas for 2 weeks. I will be updating the thread on Sunday when I return. I only took my tablet and it's a pain in the ass to update with it.

Its sold out. Period. I reserved mine back in March. Shortly after it was done. The guy even said it to me earlier.
I just checked my receipt for my in-store preorder, and it said 5/6/14 on it, less than 3 weeks ago. Maybe they were allocated more units after the guy told you they were sold out. Which would make sense, since Amazon still has these available for preorder.

Bought 2 Drakengard CE hoping that at least one would be in good condition... Got my hopes up damn it! Both are pretty crappy, meh. Oh well. Nothing I can do now.

Edit: I know they are "Sold Out" but sometimes they have extras set aside, or some people's cards get declined. Anyone know their number? I don't see it on their site.

You can redeem the code on the PSN website using your PC.

And my Drakengard CE has a big brown streak on the case - yes, under the shrinkwrap, which is not torn. So yay. I've emailed S-E, but it's been a day and I've heard nothing so far. On the bright side, after selling the preorder DLC code I'm only out $45 for the game so that helps a *little*.

^ Same here. I have two coming in a single shipment at it says 20lbs as the weight so they are going to be similar in size to the Dead Space Dev team.

I was planning on selling one and I'm not sure what the market will be like (haven't even checked) but I must admit I'm really enjoying the game so maybe I'll hold onto both

For those still considering the Dragon Age 3 CE, if you don't have to have it guaranteed day 1, you can get the value shipping and due to the package's size get a free upgrade to UPS shipping and get it probably by like Thursday if it ships on that Tuesday.

That's what happened when I bought the Injustice PS3 game w/fightstick back in February. Got the game 2 days after ordering with value shipping. This game I believe will weigh more than that one did.

For those still considering the Dragon Age 3 CE, if you don't have to have it guaranteed day 1, you can get the value shipping and due to the package's size get a free upgrade to UPS shipping and get it probably by like Thursday if it ships on that Tuesday.

That's what happened when I bought the Injustice PS3 game w/fightstick back in February. Got the game 2 days after ordering with value shipping. This game I believe will way more than that one did.
^ I'm on the fence----doesn't help that I am blacklisted from placing orders from Gamestop.com; they must take that seriously---it's been almost three years now and IIRC all I did was order three Dues EX AE for PC and Three of the Sony Headsets in back to back weeks using a combination of coupon codes. Those were my only two orders ever from gamestop.com and they proved to be my last.

Thank you again to whoever posted you could pre-order Watch Dogs PS4 LE in store months after it was sold out online. Had zero problems picking up my LE at the midnight release. Really fun game and a great steelbook.

^ I'm on the fence----doesn't help that I am blacklisted from placing orders from Gamestop.com; they must take that seriously---it's been almost three years now and IIRC all I did was order three Dues EX AE for PC and Three of the Sony Headsets in back to back weeks using a combination of coupon codes. Those were my only two orders ever from gamestop.com and they proved to be my last.
There are ways to go around it, if you dont mind not having it tied to your rewards, you can checkout as a guest, or if you do want it tied to your rewards, you could go in-store and order.

My main account got banned back when the Dark Souls 1 CE came out. I forgot to update my CC on the pre-order, so they cancelled the order and wont even let me use gift cards for the reasoning of "credit card security".

Any NYers get a copy of MK8 CE from Nintendo World? Going rate on eBay is ridiculous...
Its just upsetting that people will have to pay $200+ just to get the Limited Edition of this because re-sellers. Also it sucks that so many people that wanted this missed out because Nintendo dropped the ball. I mean they are pretty much are riding this franchise as the future of the Wii U and what do they do, limit their LE flagship IP for the Wii U to their New York store? Why wouldn't they see this as just plain stupid or bad marketing? I mean the Wii U is not doing to well and when you do something like this it just hurts it a little more. I mean other countries and regions got way more editions for Mario Kart 8 than us.....................

Still dont get the logic of Nintendo there. Didnt the Windwaker LE sell pretty damn quick?
Yeah they did, they go for about $90-$100 now on eBay which is an okay price at least. I think they were sold for $60 when they first came out, but they were a GameStop exclusive only after the community bitched about how it was going to be a New York store only thing just like Mario Kart 8. I never ended up getting one because I figured oh these will not be worth it, I was wrong........... One day I will drop the money on getting one though, one day.

Its just upsetting that people will have to pay $200+ just to get the Limited Edition of this because re-sellers. Also it sucks that so many people that wanted this missed out because Nintendo dropped the ball. I mean they are pretty much are riding this franchise as the future of the Wii U and what do they do, limit their LE flagship IP for the Wii U to their New York store? Why wouldn't they see this as just plain stupid or bad marketing? I mean the Wii U is not doing to well and when you do something like this it just hurts it a little more. I mean other countries and regions got way more editions for Mario Kart 8 than us.....................
While I think it's stupid that they didn't give the majority of the United States a chance to get the CE, I think it was a smart business move on their end. They know that Mario Kart will sell regardless if they offer a CE or not. If they decided to sell the CE they would have to alter their manufacturing strategy. Rather than just shipping games to stores they would have to calculate how many CE to produce, the costs of production, etc. Who knows, maybe the Shell is developed overseas and they didn't want to have to deal with allocating additional units to the United States.

It all comes down to profits. Obviously the Zelda CE was rare and hard to obtain if you didn't preorder. Maybe they didn't really profit on the CEs in the US. Maybe that's why the decided to forgo the expense of making the blue shell for the United States. Keep in mind that games are MORE expensive in Europe so they probably get larger profits by selling the CE at a premium overseas.

While I think it's stupid that they didn't give the majority of the United States a chance to get the CE, I think it was a smart business move on their end. They know that Mario Kart will sell regardless if they offer a CE or not. If they decided to sell the CE they would have to alter their manufacturing strategy. Rather than just shipping games to stores they would have to calculate how many CE to produce, the costs of production, etc. Who knows, maybe the Shell is developed overseas and they didn't want to have to deal with allocating additional units to the United States.

It all comes down to profits. Obviously the Zelda CE was rare and hard to obtain if you didn't preorder. Maybe they didn't really profit on the CEs in the US. Maybe that's why the decided to forgo the expense of making the blue shell for the United States. Keep in mind that games are MORE expensive in Europe so they probably get larger profits by selling the CE at a premium overseas.
You are probably right, never really thought about it that way.

Still dont get the logic of Nintendo there. Didnt the Windwaker LE sell pretty damn quick?
I'm not a multi-million dollar business, nor do I understand how a multi-million dollar business works, but as a consumer, all I see form NoA is missed opportunities over and over again. They know they some loyalist fans and live off of nostalgia, so they know these little bits of swag would sell.

Even the one CE we did get, was not as good as the NoE counterpart (Wind Waker HD, where the PAL version came with a display case). Hell, we didn't even get the ALBW treasure box that Canada got. Of course, NoE has been doing some pretty cool CEs dating back to the GC/GBA times whereas we're lucky to see NoA give us a variant/foil cover.

The only chance we have is that, as far as I know, NoA is the only company I know to reprint a CE after it sold out post-release with the Super Mario 25th Anniversary Collection. So maybe, they'll get their heads out of their asses and decide to release a 2nd print of this to all stores.

I'm not a multi-million dollar business, nor do I understand how a multi-million dollar business works, but as a consumer, all I see form NoA is missed opportunities over and over again. They know they some loyalist fans and live off of nostalgia, so they know these little bits of swag would sell.

Even the one CE we did get, was not as good as the NoE counterpart (Wind Waker HD, where the PAL version came with a display case). Hell, we didn't even get the ALBW treasure box that Canada got. Of course, NoE has been doing some pretty cool CEs dating back to the GC/GBA times whereas we're lucky to see NoA give us a variant/foil cover.

The only chance we have is that, as far as I know, NoA is the only company I know to reprint a CE after it sold out post-release with the Super Mario 25th Anniversary Collection. So maybe, they'll get their heads out of their asses and decide to release a 2nd print of this to all stores.
I think NoA just doesn't care to entice customers in the United States because consumers will buy the games no matter what. It doesn't make sense for them to invest more money on consumers that will buy their product regardless if there are other incentives such as a CE. Heck look at our reward store compared to the one in Japan. I know it's all considered free stuff but we really get the shaft compared to other regions. Another example is the fact that Nintendo games never go on sale. Why is that? It's because consumers do not dictate the costs for NoA. We buy the games at MSRP because we are all under the notion that the game will never decrease in price until 2-3 years down the line. In reality, if no one bought the game then Nintendo would be forced to do price drops.

As for a reprint, Nintendo won't bother. They didn't even do a reprint for Xenoblade Chronicles. Nintendo's business moves have been questionable to say the least. There's so many things they can do to print money but they really don't care. A Wii U Pokemon would make tons of money. Make a Pokemon game on the Wii U and then make a Limited Edition Wii U console. Boom. But no... Nintendo doesn't care to do that.

Nintendo is treating Super Smash Brothers with a red carpet though. Before they kept saying that they did not want the series to become competitive and for it to just be a party game. MLG just picked back up Super Smash Brothers Melee again this year after it was dropped in 2007, I mean come on its a 13 year old game. It is one of the oldest game on the MLG roster if not the oldest one I believe.

Yesterday they posted this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMQySEjyCUw&feature=youtu.be

Nintendo is actually acknowledging the competitive side of one of their games, something they said in the past that they will never do. They have even announced a GameCube controller adapter for the Wii U and are embracing the new game with a tournament with players from the competitive side. Now all we have to do is wait, we have to wait and see what Nintendo does from here on out with Super Smash Brothers, from the development state to the product and advertisement. Hopefully they do not make a game like Super Smash Brothers Brawl, that game is pretty bad compared to its counterparts.

Other than that they have such a huge opportunity for marketing. Limited Edition consoles, controllers (GameCube, and Pro), and a Collectors Edition of the game itself. 

Square Enix just announced a CE for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call for the Nintendo 3DS. It will be limited to 5000 copies, retails for $69.99 and releases September 16th, 2014. It includes a 3DS collector's pouch, 5 track Theatrhythm mix CD, 20 track Best of Theatrhythm CD and 5 CollectaCards.

Link

RiSM_ESTORE_270x280.jpg

Square Enix just announced a CE for Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call for the Nintendo 3DS. It will be limited to 5000 copies, retails for $69.99 and releases September 16th, 2014. It includes a 3DS collector's pouch, 5 track Theatrhythm mix CD, 20 track Best of Theatrhythm CD and 5 CollectaCards.

Link
Bigger image for the interested:

TRFFCC_CE_BEAUTYSHOT_1292x1000.jpg

Considering I can pay $31.99+tax at Best Buy for just the game...I think I'm going to pass on this. I can play the game if I want to hear the music, remixes are whatever, and I don't need a pouch for my XL. At least it confirms that there's going to be a LE for just the game that includes a CD (first-print run?) and the release date, 9/16.

Looks like they are mirroring what they did for Kingdom Hearts
Except that one wasn't an SE-Store exclusive. If this Theatrhythm CE was available at GS, then I might have put down a preorder since I have a lot of credit to spend there, but I'm not willing to pay $70+shipping in cash when I can pay $31.99+tax in Best Buy GCs.

Except that one wasn't an SE-Store exclusive. If this Theatrhythm CE was available at GS, then I might have put down a preorder since I have a lot of credit to spend there, but I'm not willing to pay $70+shipping in cash when I can pay $31.99+tax in Best Buy GCs.
No I agree I'm just talking about shape/size/contents.

I would imagine that the demand for this is smaller then Kingdom Hearts.

I would be more interested in the Curtain Call CE if:

1) SE listed the tracks and their lengths for each CD. There are 221 songs to choose from, so I would really appreciate knowing what 25 tracks I'd be getting.

2) The pouch looks nice, but does it have cartridge holders? And if so, how many? It's pretty important since I like to have some variety when on the go.

3) Why an SE store exclusive again? Their shipping kills me inside.

Vowed not to order from Square Enix Online Store again because of Digital River. I think I am going to see what these sell for on eBay after release and make my decision based on that. Other than that this game really does not look like much fun to be honest so I might just skip it entirely. 

I'm really getting tired of these SE Store exclusive CEs.

I was happy when backed off the whole no physical edition of Drakengard at any retailers, but they've been firm with this so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back