Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
While you cant get the Xillia 2 CE off of BBY's website, you can still put the $5 down on it in-store as of this morning. Unfortunately it seems like Witcher 3 CE is not available for pre-order in store (yet?) so you'll have to plop down the full amount via the site.
You can preorder the witcher 3 collectors edition in store just have to go to customer service to do it! I just put 5 down on it yesterday in store no problem.

You can preorder the witcher 3 collectors edition in store just have to go to customer service to do it! I just put 5 down on it yesterday in store no problem.
Make sure they did out you down for the CE. I work at Best Buy and tried to put preorders through for XB and PS but it brought up an error message.

Just bought Witcher 3 CE on BB using a combination of a reward certificate, a savings code and some GC's! My first CE ever, can't wait!
I started a couple years ago with just 1 simple CE, now I have about 12 statues on a shelf along with books and steel cases in my basement gaming area. Wife is pleased with me.

I didn't even notice that there was a $150 edition of The Order along with the $80.  Its definitely feeling reminiscent of Last of Us Survial/Post Pandemic as those were for a 1st party exclusive as well.  I passed up on the PP and highly regret it as i've yet to find one at a decent price.  I might just put the $ down at GS and wait to see how it turns out. 

Not sure if it'll be for a CE but Gamestop has a mystery $199.99 sku for the PS4 with no release date.  Most likely it is the Morpheus but I was curious if it might be a CE for something.

I started a couple years ago with just 1 simple CE, now I have about 12 statues on a shelf along with books and steel cases in my basement gaming area. Wife is pleased with me.
I can't buy CEs with a statue anymore. They are of such terrible quality now.

I can't buy CEs with a statue anymore. They are of such terrible quality now.
Yea, I'm gonna wait for an unboxing video to decide whether or not I want to keep my Witcher 3 CE pre-order or not.

But man does that Far Cry 4 statue looks like shit.

Thats actually why I'm happy Dragon age inquisition collectors edition doesn't have a statue! Sick of having poor quality statues (GOW Kratos) on my shelves!

Thats actually why I'm happy Dragon age inquisition collectors edition doesn't have a statue! Sick of having poor quality statues (GOW Kratos) on my shelves!
The Kratos Statue with a Steelbook and all was only $20 more then the actual game. That was one of the best valued CE's in a long time, the quality was not great, but it was definitely worth the price!

The Kratos Statue with a Steelbook and all was only $20 more then the actual game. That was one of the best valued CE's in a long time, the quality was not great, but it was definitely worth the price!
Maybe so but I'd rather just not have the poor quality statue at all. Give me an art book or lithograph instead if its gonna be a cheaply made statue!

That watch looks so cheaply made, hover your mouse and it will zoom in. The red felt thing you can see around the edge glue seepage. The clock hands looks plastic. Everything screams chinese mass produced.

@%#$! Someone please tell me the DA: Inquisitor's edition is still available in the stores, magically, somehow. I missed preordering by maybe three days. GDI, I should have done it right then, but I didn't want to throw down $170 bucks before getting paid yesterday...

I never get myself CE's, but this one got me so excited that I was going to treat myself. I hate myself so much right now. RAWR.

@%#$! Someone please tell me the DA: Inquisitor's edition is still available in the stores, magically, somehow. I missed preordering by maybe three days. GDI, I should have done it right then, but I didn't want to throw down $170 bucks before getting paid yesterday...

I never get myself CE's, but this one got me so excited that I was going to treat myself. I hate myself so much right now. RAWR.
It was online only and im not sure but I don't think it can be cancelled either. You might get lucky and it could come back in stock but probably not very likely.

Maybe so but I'd rather just not have the poor quality statue at all. Give me an art book or lithograph instead if its gonna be a cheaply made statue!
Another art book? I never read nor care about art books. I guess everyone has different tastes in what CEs they like, art books for me are just dust collectors

Another art book? I never read nor care about art books. I guess everyone has different tastes in what CEs they like, art books for me are just dust collectors
Fair enough different strokes for different folks. I'm just saying I would rather have better quality stuff and maybe something other then a statue once in a while, but as long as they keep those steelbooks coming I'll shell out my cash.

Fair enough different strokes for different folks. I'm just saying I would rather have better quality stuff and maybe something other then a statue once in a while, but as long as they keep those steelbooks coming I'll shell out my cash.
now now boys...

a GOOD CE comes with an artbook, statue, AND a steelbook :whistle2:D

It was online only and im not sure but I don't think it can be cancelled either. You might get lucky and it could come back in stock but probably not very likely.
Noooooooooooo! Bah. S'what I get for not doing it right away. Thank you for the reply, though. Deluxe edition it is. I'm at least getting all that DLC, damn it.

Same. Steelbooks are the main draw for me, but I'll take art books, physical soundtracks, posters, lithos, playing cards, and the like over junk statues any day. :)

This is definitely YMMV, but I found a :pS3: Borderlands 2 Deluxe Vault Hunter CE for $34.99 on clearance yesterday at BB.  At $27.99 with GCU, it was an easy pickup.  Looks nice, too.

Looks like "THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY CURTAIN CALL COLLECTOR'S EDITION [3DS]" is out of stock. Glad I ordered 400 copies. Aren't you guys glad I ordered 400 copies?

It's been up for a while, this thread needs an update. Some items are in stock now at certain websites, some items are out of stock etc. This is the one time I order a CE to keep the statue. I'm selling the game and all, but that statue is a keeper. Especially if the paint quality is good, and I don't see why it wouldn't be. Polystone video game statues are expensive everywhere I look, so getting that for $50 to $70 will be a nice deal.

No steelbook on Unity makes it an easy no buy for me. Save me a little money at least.
That's what I was thinking too and I was able to get AC4 for $60 last year I'll wait for this CE to drop. Will still pick up the regular copy though, can't pass up GCU +$10 RZ pts.

witcher 2 dark edition was cancelled by bb online so they ended up giving refunds + free enhanced editions to everyone that being said, i had placed my preorder for the dark edition in store at the preorder kiosk and it actually arrived for pick up. it seems that since 3 is multiplatform and somewhat of a marquee title cdprojekt red will have had the funds to produce a larger amount of ce's. Preordering with bb online still leaves you with the rotating charge/fund hold so perhaps it'd be best to just pay the $5 and preorder in store to be safe.

I have tried multiple times over the past 3 or 4 days to pre order The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition in store. I'd rather just do the $5 deposit but every time the cashier rings it up the computer says "item not eligible for pre order" or such. Anyone have a similar situation? Or is this just my store?

I also tried this with the Tales of Xillia 2 Collector's Edition in store at Bestbuy. Tried like 3 times and it said the same thing "Item not eligible for pre order". I wanted to just do the $5 deposit in store. But now it has disappeared from the pre order kiosk in store and online as well. Am I shit out of luck now? It's really annoying that sometimes I go in store to pre order things that I can print pre order tickets from the kiosk and I still can't pre order it. Anyone have any more information on similar situations?

I have tried multiple times over the past 3 or 4 days to pre order The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition in store. I'd rather just do the $5 deposit but every time the cashier rings it up the computer says "item not eligible for pre order" or such. Anyone have a similar situation? Or is this just my store?
Same story at my store it's super annoying.

Did anyone get a preorder on the Tales of Xillia 2 Collector's Edition at Bestbuy in store? If you did what's the SKU? Maybe I can hassle my store again and tell them to get their butts in gear.

Sometimes the register will say the item is not eligible for preorder even though it really is.   During the Nintendo event, the cashier got the error message for a couple of times in a row.  We knew that was wrong so we tried a few more times after that and eventually got Super Smash Bros succesfully preordered. 

Since Tales part 2 has been out of the online system for a few days now, it may really be possible that it is no longer available.  You could try being persistent to see if that helps but it may be too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back