Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about you guys, but I'm excited for the possibility of a Persona 5 & Persona 4 Dancing All Night CE.
is it going to be like just dance? aren't those two games coming in 2015 at the earliest?

NIS America To Publish Ar noSurge Limited Edition In North America

ar_le_thumb.jpg

Ar noSurge: Ode to an Unborn Star will be localized and published by Koei Tecmo, but NIS America are pitching in with a limited edition release of the game in North America. The limited edition will contain the following:

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star for PS3
Full color, hardcover art book (approx. 26 pages)
Original soundtrack with jewel case
Ar nosurge poster (16″x23″)
Collector’s box

The limited edition will be released on September 23rd, the same day the game launches in North America.

Meanwhile, Koei Tecmo Europe have confirmed that the game’s localization will include dual-audio, featuring both Japanese and English voice tracks. A collector’s edition has not been announced for Europe yet, though.

NIS America To Publish Ar noSurge Limited Edition In North America

ar_le_thumb.jpg

Ar noSurge: Ode to an Unborn Star will be localized and published by Koei Tecmo, but NIS America are pitching in with a limited edition release of the game in North America. The limited edition will contain the following:

Ar nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star for PS3
Full color, hardcover art book (approx. 26 pages)
Original soundtrack with jewel case
Ar nosurge poster (16″x23″)
Collector’s box

The limited edition will be released on September 23rd, the same day the game launches in North America.

Meanwhile, Koei Tecmo Europe have confirmed that the game’s localization will include dual-audio, featuring both Japanese and English voice tracks. A collector’s edition has not been announced for Europe yet, though.
there is already a english voice trailer for it.

Thank you guys! Called in BestBuy, told them the mishap, and they ordered me the Premium edition for $39.99  :D

Took 2 mins too. Hooray for being an Elite member.

Crap I canceled mine maybe if I call they might hook it up or something what did you say over the phone exactly

I called up Bestbuy just now and the person I got was super helpful. Managed to change my SKU to a limited edition no problem, since it (was) the regular edition previously. 

Also, for those who ordered, apparently BB is going to give out gift cards if you don't want the order to be changed? Either that or they'll change your order/cancel the order and still give you the gc?

Awesome, I got a $60 gc mailed to me for 2x persona q wild card editions! I canceled my original order yesterday and placed a new order, and I called this morning. 

What I told the CS rep was that I was told that I can get a $30 refund (for each, so $60) or get my new order adjusted from my canceled order. He couldn't do the latter on his end so he just sent me a $60 gc! Yay. :D

Makes me wonder if I should try again. I cancelled my order after seeing that it was reverted to the standard edition, but the rep was really unhelpful and was like "awww, sorry honey, I guess you will just have to pay the full price!"

Not really. At least not where the customer is out absolutely nothing for the mistake.
Yeah, it is. Most retailers even take care of customers even when something isn't their mistake. For example, price adjustments. If a customer buys something from Costco, Target, almost any major retailer in the US today and that item goes on sale in the next 2-4 weeks depending on the store, they will actually refund the customer the difference if the customer asks for it.

I called Best Buy as I really just wanted to make sure I got the premium edition of Persona Q and wow, it was a shockingly disappointing experience.

Do they employ work from home staff? The person I talked to was muttering to themselves most of the time, firing off emails to get information and kept going on about how they did not understand what they were reading. In the end, was told that I would be charged what was on my invoice but that I would receive the premium edition, although there would be no changing of the sku on my order, which is for the regular edition. She said that these orders were flagged and we would just get the premium at the ordered price. No mention of a $30 card or of transferring the sku to the premium edition which I have seen otherwise. 

I have no confidence that I will receive the premium edition, which I really want. Call back on Monday or is this typical of BB customer service?

I don't understand how people can bring themselves to complain for things they don't deserve...
I don't understand how a company can make a listing mistake and instead of just cancelling the incorrect orders, think they can just switch the item that was ordered to an inferior item without letting the consumer know.

When a company makes a mistake they have the option to either sell the item for that amount or cancel those items, but to switch it without notification would probably fall under deceptive business practices by the FTC. Since both the image and description of the item were of the wild card edition, the average consumer would think this is what they were ordering.

Yeah, it is. Most retailers even take care of customers even when something isn't their mistake. For example, price adjustments. If a customer buys something from Costco, Target, almost any major retailer in the US today and that item goes on sale in the next 2-4 weeks depending on the store, they will actually refund the customer the difference if the customer asks for it.
Target regularly takes orders for CE's and either sends the regular edition or cancels the order. Costco has a great return and price adjustment policy, but doesn't price match and even has their own model numbers for TVs and certain electronics to avoid cost comparisons. This is a simple listing mistake and while some retailers occasionally honor mistakes like this, including Amazon and even BB at times, they have no obligation to do so.

I don't understand how people can bring themselves to complain for things they don't deserve...
It comes down to human decency and honesty, you're going to have your sleazy bunch. A lot of people bought the Premium Edition at the mistaken price knowing full well the retail price was $79.99 and then try to exploit Best Buy into giving it to them for less, acting like they didn't know, and pulling the guilt tactics on customer service. People calling it a "mistake" they have to honor are just rationalizing.

Whoever is doing is simply spoiled and immature with an entitlement mentality to say the least.

I don't understand how a company can make a listing mistake and instead of just cancelling the incorrect orders, think they can just switch the item that was ordered to an inferior item without letting the consumer know.

When a company makes a mistake they have the option to either sell the item for that amount or cancel those items, but to switch it without notification would probably fall under deceptive business practices by the FTC. Since both the image and description of the item were of the wild card edition, the average consumer would think this is what they were orderin

The switching the order without notification is very messed up. If it had not been for CAG, I probably would not have noticed until I got whatever I will get arrived in the mail. And customer service not knowing how to handle in a way that the customer gets off the phone confident they are going to get what they ordered really is not cool. I recently switched over most of my pre-orders from Gamestop to Best Buy after getting GCU, but I doubt I will use the website again.

Well BestBuy is sending me two $30 gift cards for the Atlus Persona Q Shadow of the Labyrinth The Wild Cards Premium Edition mixup. That was worth it I suppose. Thanks to those earlier on in the thread letting me know that they were gonna be shipping the normal edition... Which I don't think that would be something they could do legally. Cancel yes, shipping something else... no.

Just got off the phone with Best Buy. I had cancelled my order, but the customer service rep was able to re-order the premium one at $49.99.

Already got the confirmation email with the correct SKU.

Very nice woman, no hassle at all. And she did say "looks like this is a known issue."

A lot of people bought the Premium Edition at the mistaken price knowing full well the retail price was $79.99 and then try to exploit Best Buy into giving it to them for less, acting like they didn't know, and pulling the guilt tactics on customer service. People calling it a "mistake" they have to honor are just rationalizing.
Agreed. I'm pretty sure everybody ordering the Premium Edition at Best Buy (for the standard edition price), knew exactly what they were doing. To claim ignorance on the matter just reveals their dirt character. We're all just trying to get in on a good deal; at least admit it.

If BB simply canceled the orders and e-mailed the customers of their error, it would be fine practice. You couldn't be mad at them for it.

But BB made an error by simply switching the product description without notice, and now they look bad as well.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure everybody ordering the Premium Edition at Best Buy (for the standard edition price), knew exactly what they were doing. To claim ignorance on the matter just reveals their dirt character. We're all just trying to get in on a good deal; at least admit it.

If BB simply canceled the orders and e-mailed the customers of their error, it would be fine practice. You couldn't be mad at them for it.
But BB made an error by simply switching the product description without notice, and now they look bad as well.
get worked Best Buy ;)

I know its not exactly a real collectors edition but what is every-bodies feelings on the Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition? I kind of want it but its seems like glorified pre-order bonuses.

I know its not exactly a real collectors edition but what is every-bodies feelings on the Dragon Age: Inquisition Deluxe Edition? I kind of want it but its seems like glorified pre-order bonuses.
You get 2 mounts and the soundtrack............... Unless you really want those 2 mounts, I would pass.

The Inquisitor's edition from GS doesn't look that great either unless you intend to actually use the quill and ink, lockpick set, and have an affinity for reptile leather box.

Does EA still release GOTY editions? I feel like it would be best to wait for that. I paid like $90 for DA:O and Awakening but I don't have any of the DLC that came after like the people who bought the GOTY for $7.50 do. Not too big a deal since I loved those games. I don't think they had a GOTY for DA2 though (now that I regret paying MSRP for).

It comes down to human decency and honesty, you're going to have your sleazy bunch. A lot of people bought the Premium Edition at the mistaken price knowing full well the retail price was $79.99 and then try to exploit Best Buy into giving it to them for less, acting like they didn't know, and pulling the guilt tactics on customer service. People calling it a "mistake" they have to honor are just rationalizing.

Whoever is doing is simply spoiled and immature with an entitlement mentality to say the least.
That's not entirely the case bucko, in America it's called capitalism. For what you just described, all resellers(or I don't know low-on-funds collectors?) are somehow spoiled and immature. Dishonest? I'd call it the widely accepted buy low, sell high business strategy. Let's face it, ALL retailers do this in obscene amounts everyday, yet you call the little people; who might not be financially well-off like some others, spoiled or immature?! Sounds like you might be talking about yourself incidentally.

That's not entirely the case bucko, in America it's called capitalism. For what you just described, all resellers(or I don't know low-on-funds collectors?) are somehow spoiled and immature. Dishonest? I'd call it the widely accepted buy low, sell high business strategy. Let's face it, ALL retailers do this in obscene amounts everyday, yet you call the little people; who might not be financially well-off like some others, spoiled or immature?! Sounds like you might be talking about yourself incidentally.
Yea, go back and re-read what you just wrote, you make absolutely no sense in response to my original post. Capitalism? Retailers... wtf are you talking about? My point is, most deceptively jumped at the chance to scam best buy on this, knowing full well the SRP was $79.99 before-hand. You can rationalize it however you want but it's tasteless and dishonest. You're clearly one of "the ones" who did this so be a man and take it as it is.

No problem, my conscience is clean and I can afford to buy games at the already fair prices Best Buy offers.

Don't try to BS anybody by saying the SRP is either fair or reasonable at any price because that defined the bias that you operate by. Best Buy may have "intended" to sell it at MSRP because they(and by extension, you) intended to profit off it at that price like they intend to profit off something like a screen protector(which you can get ONLINE as well) at $30 when everybody else sells it at $5. The idea is that an item is only purchased at a price both the customer AND the retailer choose to go along with or the purchase isn't made. The point I'm making is that Best Buy still won't take a loss because they still AGREED(which they had every reason to refuse) to sell it to us in the first place and the only person who felt morally obligated to disagree is you.

In the end, Best Buy is a big box store who profit on volume and cover their losses on that. Customer support doesn't even care despite being fully aware of the scam that they(in actuality) enabled.

I admit to partaking in this "scam" as you put it but through a similarly self-righteous bias.

Don't try to BS anybody by saying the SRP is either fair or reasonable at any price because that defined the bias that you operate by. Best Buy may have "intended" to sell it at it's MSRP because they(and by extension, you) intended to profit off it at that price like they intend to profit off something like a screen protector(which you can get ONLINE as well) at $30 when everybody else sells it at $5. The idea is that an item is only purchased at a price the CUSTOMER chooses to go along with or the purchase isn't made. The point I'm making is that Best Buy still won't take a loss because they still AGREED(which they had every reason to refuse) to sell it to us in the first place and the only person upset is you.
Not sure what your point is. This was not a purchase, it was a preorder. It was also a listing error. So, while BB may choose to honor the mistake, they have no legal obligation to do so. Indeed, they will be taking a loss on every one of these they sell at this price, especially to GCU members as even BB only gets a very small margin on video games of approximately 10% - 15% if they're lucky. In short, BB has no obligation to sell the item to you at the mistakenly listed price and while it appears they are doing it for most people that preordered, if they decide not to, I would hope that you would respect that decision instead of bitching about how they have some legal obligation to do so.

Not sure what your point is. This was not a purchase, it was a preorder. It was also a listing error. So, while BB may choose to honor the mistake, they have no legal obligation to do so. Indeed, they will be taking a loss on every one of these they sell at this price, especially to GCU members as even BB only gets a very small margin on video games of approximately 10% - 15% if they're lucky. In short, BB has no obligation to sell the item to you at the mistakenly listed price and while it appears they are doing it for most people that preordered, if they decide not to, I would hope that you would respect that decision instead of bitching about how they have some legal obligation to do so.
I meant to imply an basic agreement between parties. I never stated any legal obligation to fulfill the preorder. I apologize for our difference in the opinion of what a purchase is. I consider anything that chokeholds my bank balance occasionally to be purchase and apparently you don't. I also wasn't bitching about Best Buy's possible cancellation, if you read what I stated parenthetically.
That statistic about Best Buy probably is correct in all ways, but most people don't give a single thought to the losses of any particular business that they're not employed by. Especially knowing the turnover rate of my local Best Buy which has done pretty well to have survived as long as it has.

I meant to imply an basic agreement between parties. I never stated any legal obligation to fulfill the preorder. I apologize for our difference in the opinion of what a purchase is. I consider anything that chokeholds my bank balance occasionally to be purchase and apparently you don't. I also wasn't bitching about Best Buy's possible cancellation, if you read what I stated parenthetically.
That statistic about Best Buy probably is correct in all ways, but most people don't give a single thought to the losses of any particular business that they're not employed by. Especially knowing the turnover rate of my local Best Buy which has done pretty well to have survived as long as it has.
It's not what I think, it's what the law says in this case. A purchase doesn't occur until there is an agreement on the price and product and an exchange of some form of consideration for that product. That hasn't happened here, so again, if BB chooses to honor the mistake as they have been doing, they should be applauded. If not, no harm no foul. As for the other issue, I personally care if BB continues to do well because if they go out of business or close more stores, that reduces the number of choices we all have and will lead to even less price competition. That's bad for all of us.

I admit defeat bro.

Though it hurts my feelings that one guy felt morally superior to me as a fullpricegamer instead of a cheapassgamer. Oh well.

Well, it took about an hour, but I was able to change my order on the mislisted Persona Q Wild Card Edition to the "real" Wild Card Edition at the $39.99 price (GCU). Spoke to a CSR who was clueless, I asked to speak with a supervisor, and she also didn't know - but she could see that I ordered the Premium edition. She called up someone else why I was on hold (for a total of about 45 minutes) and they told her that people who ordered prior to the listing changing should be getting the Premium edition, but they also didn't know about the SKU number remaining that of the Standard edition. She got permission to reorder for me under the new SKU though at my original purchase price.
One of the mods merged all of the threads about it on the Best Buy forums into one and said to keep an eye out there for updates.

He basically said that they've identified all of the orders placed during the incorrect listing, are not going to be addressing them individually but as a group, and they're in the process of figuring out how to "best approach this for those impacted".

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Persona-Q-Shadow-of-the-Labyrinth-The-Wild-Cards-Premium/td-p/828800/page/2

It's not what I think, it's what the law says in this case. A purchase doesn't occur until there is an agreement on the price and product and an exchange of some form of consideration for that product. That hasn't happened here, so again, if BB chooses to honor the mistake as they have been doing, they should be applauded. If not, no harm no foul. As for the other issue, I personally care if BB continues to do well because if they go out of business or close more stores, that reduces the number of choices we all have and will lead to even less price competition. That's bad for all of us.
Some people paid with Paypal mate. It immediately takes the money out from your account.

Not sure why there's still enmity over the pricing error. BB itself seems to be willing to work with the community and everyone's relatively happy.

Some people paid with Paypal mate. It immediately takes the money out from your account.

Not sure why there's still enmity over the pricing error. BB itself seems to be willing to work with the community and everyone's relatively happy.
Yes, and debit cards immediately do a transfer. Doesn't change the fact that until there has been an exchange of the product for the payment, the purchase is not complete and BB can still decline to move forward by simply issuing a refund.

There is no enmity among reasonable people. There just seem to be a number of people posting here and elsewhere that think BB somehow has an obligation to honor the mistaken price. They don't, but the reality is that they almost certainly will, much to their own detriment.

Yes, and debit cards immediately do a transfer. Doesn't change the fact that until there has been an exchange of the product for the payment, the purchase is not complete and BB can still decline to move forward by simply issuing a refund.

There is no enmity among reasonable people. There just seem to be a number of people posting here and elsewhere that think BB somehow has an obligation to honor the mistaken price. They don't, but the reality is that they almost certainly will, much to their own detriment.
I agree with this statement. It obviously was a pricing error for a product that has yet to be released. I mean it's great getting a deal when they incorrectly price an item and they stand by their mistake. But to expect a gift card for your "troubles" might be stretching it especially when no goods or services have been transferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back