Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is a new entry in the series right and not like a hd remake? Id never played any of them. Do you need to have played the others? Or are they pretty much self contained?
new entry, it plays like dynasty warriors, so it is up your alley, if you like those type of games.

Anyone else getting the PS4 collectors edition of Marvel Disney Infinity? It's pricey at $155 (w/ GCU) but it comes with a lot. It looks pretty nice to me and it's a Sony exclusive. 

Unless they dont make a lot of them, I see that thing sitting around for a while.  I'm sure there are tons of Marvel fans who pay $300+ for a bust, so seeing a bunch of figures & display for $180 is a deal. I would probably be into getting all the figures & whatnot, but seeing how crappy of a game the first Infinity was, I feel like it'd be dirty supporting them doing the same thing again.

Its a shame Activision couldn't figure a way to do the same thing and make Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 with figures instead of just selecting a party of 4 charas.

Anyone else getting the PS4 collectors edition of Marvel Disney Infinity? It's pricey at $155 (w/ GCU) but it comes with a lot. It looks pretty nice to me and it's a Sony exclusive.
I was thinking of getting it for my son, but he doesn't have any of these types of games yet. Does it come with the portal thing?

Pricey is an understatement. The starter pack retails for $75 and comes with 3 figures & the base thing you need to play. The CE comes with that + 3 more figures & the fancy display stand. The figures retail for $15/each. So $75 + $45 = $120. The CE retails for $180...so $60 for the display stand??? Ummm, nooooo.

Pricey is an understatement. The starter pack retails for $75 and comes with 3 figures & the base thing you need to play. The CE comes with that + 3 more figures & the fancy display stand. The figures retail for $15/each. So $75 + $45 = $120. The CE retails for $180...so $60 for the display stand??? Ummm, nooooo.
You also have to add in the fact that the 75 dollar starter pack comes with a free figure at most major retailers. The collector's edition (at least so far at Best Buy) doesn't. I am hoping that's a misprint/accidental oversight online, because I was close to buying the collectors with GCU. However, if that means losing the free figure ... I am out.

You also have to add in the fact that the 75 dollar starter pack comes with a free figure at most major retailers. The collector's edition (at least so far at Best Buy) doesn't. I am hoping that's a misprint/accidental oversight online, because I was close to buying the collectors with GCU. However, if that means losing the free figure ... I am out.
I'm in the same boat, interested in picking up the game, and the collector's edition is kinda cool -- assuming BB honors whatever free figure they'll do with the CE I'll keep it pre-ordered at $150. Always easy enough to cancel before release.

I confirmed this morning you could just put the $5 down on the Infinity CE if you dont want any temporary charges on your CC/Paypal. 

Put my $5 down on the Smash bros bundle.  I'm hoping it comes in one sealed package and isnt just the game taped to the controller/adapter.

Unless they dont make a lot of them, I see that thing sitting around for a while. I'm sure there are tons of Marvel fans who pay $300+ for a bust, so seeing a bunch of figures & display for $180 is a deal. I would probably be into getting all the figures & whatnot, but seeing how crappy of a game the first Infinity was, I feel like it'd be dirty supporting them doing the same thing again.

Its a shame Activision couldn't figure a way to do the same thing and make Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 with figures instead of just selecting a party of 4 charas.
Disney revoked all Marvel gaming rights back to Disney at the end of last year. That's why (with the exception of the Marvel vs. Capcom 1 HD remake from last year & the Spider-Man movie games licensed from Sony's existing pre-Disney deal) there are no Marvel games available new anymore except for this upcoming Infinity set.

what the fuck is that monstrosity, some sort of backpack and helmet?  oh, it looks like its in game only, I bet a ton of people will think they actually get it.

gvb0Xpr.jpg

So the only thing diffrent is the box and season pass?
The hardened edition for Call of Duty titles is always like this. They always come with a steelbook, the season pass, and then some other random DLC goodies. Buying them separately would be $60 for the game and $50 for the season pass which totals to $110. For $10 more you get the steelbook as well as the DLC content which is exclusive to the collector's edition for 3-5 months.

In that sense it isn't too bad. Especially when you get to combine that with the GCU discount; $96 for all of it is decent. I've always bought the hardened editions because I tend to get the most out of them. I've only bought one Prestige edition (MW2).

Hmm, if this is the most expensive Call of Duty bundle, I wonder what PS4 game is going to be coming out with a $199.99 sku that GS has been listing in their pre-order book.  I would say morpheus, but the page for PS4 accessories/system pre-orders is a different page.

These CE names are getting confusing: Atlas Pro Edition v Atlas Limited Edition. Which one is more expensive? Hell if I know.

Looks like the only difference is the inclusion of the season pass for an extra $40. I'm surprised the pro edition doesn't have some sort of digital exclusive item.

I'm not a fan of COD, but this bundle has to be the worst out of the previous years.

At least previously, you got random trinkets you could use in real life like the action cam and not just bunch of in game rubbish.

I'm not a fan of COD, but this bundle has to be the worst out of the previous years.

At least previously, you got random trinkets you could use in real life like the action cam and not just bunch of in game rubbish.
The action cam was the prestige edition which was priced at $200, not $120. Same goes for the quadcopter, rc-xd, and night vision goggles. These editions were priced higher than the hardened editions. Mostly every iteration had the choice between standard, hardened, and prestige. MW3 was the first to remove the prestige edition from the mix and it looks like AW is going to do the same.

At work so can't post links on phone, but there is a Homeworld collectors edition on amazon for $99 and a strategy guide for the new dragon age for over a $100 which comes with unique dlc.

I was just able to pre-order Destiny PS4 Limited Edition at Walmart.com.  Isn't that supposed to be.... impossible?  What are my chances of me actually getting the product?  Did Walmart.com ever sell out of the PS4 Limited like the other places have?

Keeping my BB GCU unlocked + $10 RWZ cert preorder just in case and will sell it (probably for a net profit) if I ever get the Walmart Limited version.  *crossing fingers*

I was just able to pre-order Destiny PS4 Limited Edition at Walmart.com. Isn't that supposed to be.... impossible? What are my chances of me actually getting the product? Did Walmart.com ever sell out of the PS4 Limited like the other places have?

Keeping my BB GCU unlocked + $10 RWZ cert preorder just in case and will sell it (probably for a net profit) if I ever get the Walmart Limited version. *crossing fingers*
The $150 Ghost Edition was the one that sold out quickly.

Limited Edition stayed in stock for quite a while longer but it seems places are starting to sell out of that one now too at least for :ps4:.

The $150 Ghost Edition was the one that sold out quickly.

Limited Edition stayed in stock for quite a while longer but it seems places are starting to sell out of that one now too at least for :ps4:.
I know.... It turns out I got lucky. Limited PS4 is GONE at Walmart as of today. Must have been one of the last to be able to get it. Limited PS4 is now gone everywhere too.

I know.... It turns out I got lucky. Limited PS4 is GONE at Walmart as of today. Must have been one of the last to be able to get it. Limited PS4 is now gone everywhere too.
Limited on ps4 is still available now if you check. I just grabbed the last limited xbox one copy of destiny though.

A sham that sold out faster than any other LE NIS has ever done. Seems like plenty of people didn't think it was a sham at all.
I think it was because all 3 version were working off of the same inventory of items. I was actually going to order when the LE went out of stock (told myself that morning I want it and by the evening when I could order it was gone).

A sham that sold out faster than any other LE NIS has ever done. Seems like plenty of people didn't think it was a sham at all.
If you want to call it a Pre-Order with bonus items that's fine, but it's not a Limited Edition. It had no special packaging and no items that would qualify it to be a Limited Edition under any normal standards. A flimsy art book and a poster doesn't count. The only reason it even "sold out faster than any other LE NIS has ever done" is because they made one amount of tote bags that applied to all platforms. If they made the same number of bags for each system release, you would see them all listed still until they were forced to clearance them. If you want to be the odd man out just to be the odd man out that's fine, but the general consensus in these forums and around the web is the Natural Doctrine "LE" is absolute shit. Not sure what NIS was thinking. Also not sure why NIS doesn't know how to apply Steelbooks and packaging or "Collector's Boxes" not made out of paper but that's another subject.

If you want to call it a Pre-Order with bonus items that's fine, but it's not a Limited Edition. It had no special packaging and no items that would qualify it to be a Limited Edition under any normal standards. A flimsy art book and a poster doesn't count. The only reason it even "sold out faster than any other LE NIS has ever done" is because they made one amount of tote bags that applied to all platforms. If they made the same number of bags for each system release, you would see them all listed still until they were forced to clearance them. If you want to be the odd man out just to be the odd man out that's fine, but the general consensus in these forums and around the web is the Natural Doctrine "LE" is absolute shit. Not sure what NIS was thinking. Also not sure why NIS doesn't know how to apply Steelbooks and packaging or "Collector's Boxes" not made out of paper but that's another subject.
There is no definition of a "Limited Edition" or a "Collector's Edition" that requires everything to be in a special outer box. That may be your personal definition, but publishers have been doing collector's and limited editions separate from the game or taking premium items and boxing them for shipment with the game. You can justify your opposition to it however you want, but it sold out in three days and those of us who preordered one are very happy we will be receiving it. You on the other hand won't be, so you have nothing to complain about and frankly, no reason to post about it because it clearly isn't for you.

There is no definition of a "Limited Edition" or a "Collector's Edition" that requires everything to be in a special outer box. That may be your personal definition, but publishers have been doing collector's and limited editions separate from the game or taking premium items and boxing them for shipment with the game. You can justify your opposition to it however you want, but it sold out in three days and those of us who preordered one are very happy we will be receiving it. You on the other hand won't be, so you have nothing to complain about and frankly, no reason to post about it because it clearly isn't for you.
Actually it's not. Nothing signifies it as a Limited Edition. The bag is separate & bundled with a normal retail copy of the game. But really the only ones rationalizing It are the ones who bought one so by all means enjoy your purse and poster.

Actually it's not. Nothing signifies it as a Limited Edition. The bag is separate & bundled with a normal retail copy of the game. But really the only ones rationalizing It are the ones who bought one so by all means enjoy your purse and poster.
They only produced a limited amount and they won't be doing more. That's a limited edition. Printing "limited edition" on a box and then reprinting something repeatedly or printing too many as other publishers do is not a limited edition IMHO. The only rationalizing I have seen is from people who bitched that it was terrible and would never sell only to see it sell out in three days with no additional copies being made available. I get that you're embarrassed and sad that you missed it and I can understand that, but attacking others for a mistake you made by claiming it's not worthy of being called a limited edition is just childish.

They only produced a limited amount and they won't be doing more. That's a limited edition. Printing "limited edition" on a box and then reprinting something repeatedly or printing too many as other publishers do is not a limited edition IMHO. The only rationalizing I have seen is from people who bitched that it was terrible and would never sell only to see it sell out in three days with no additional copies being made available. I get that you're embarrassed and sad that you missed it and I can understand that, but attacking others for a mistake you made by claiming it's not worthy of being called a limited edition is just childish.
[SIZE=10.5pt]Haha, what, I'm sad and embarrassed I didn't purchase it? Why would I be embarrassed I didn't buy something? The indisputable fact remains, it only sold out in 3 days because they made 1 small number of purses for all systems and stands to be one of NIS's worst attempts at a LE in some time.[/SIZE]

I’ll educate you a little bit. A Limited Edition is literally a separate “edition’ from the actual game. You have a standard retail release and a “limited edition” or “collector’s edition” which is a stand-alone product with its own UPC. It’s an entirely different product. This release is not any edition; it’s a “Buy this game for $20 more get a purse with it” bundle.

So yea.... enjoy your purse and poster. Hopefully NIS will be releasing more of what gamers want going forward, not back to school supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back