Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Listed below are all the upcoming Collector's/Limited/Special editions (including some bundles) coming out organized by date. Once released, info about the bundle will be moved to the archive in the 2nd post.

This thread has been "Wikified" so please feel free to Update it with new CE's or corrections. Thanks!

Links to Related threads:

UK CE/Exclusives Thread
CE Guide Pre-order Thread
Cheap and Old CE Thread
Pre-Order Bonus Thread

==================================================

Tales of Xillia - Collector's Edition (PS3)

toxw.jpg

[customspoiler='Includes']
The Game
Exclusive 21.5 cm Milla Maxwell figurine (including base)
100 pages Artbook with original artworks from the dev team
[/customspoiler]

Release: 08/6/2013
Price: $99.99
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Collector's Edition (PS3/360)
Paladin Multi-mission Aircraft Edition

blacklistfp.jpg

Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Custom 3-channel, ready to fly dual-engine remote-controlled airplane with a approximate retail value of $150
  • 88-page limited edition Splinter Cell Echoes graphic novel, by Eisner-nominated comic book writer Nathan Edmonson and illustrator Marc Laming
  • Exclusive Billionaire's Yacht Co-Op Map: infiltrate a rogue billionaire's yacht the day after a decadent party in the Coral Sea
  • Bonus Upper Echelon Pack with Dead Coast Co-Op Map, Gold Sonar Goggles & Upper Echelon Suit
  • Limited Edition Sam Fisher poster
Remote-controlled C-147B Paladin Aircraft features:

• Ready to fly, 3-channel dual-engine RC airplane
  • Flight speed: over 35mph
  • Flying radius: over 250 feet
  • Remote-control designed like Sam Fisher's goggles
  • User-friendly for beginners: easy to assemble, fly & control
  • Launch by hand or runway
  • Highly durable
  • Includes battery, charger and quick-repair kit
  • 6 month limited manufacturer pre-flight warranty
  • Includes access to instructional videos on how to assemble, fly and repair the plane.
  • Customer service provided by Parkflyers RC, a leading servicer of hobby grade quality RC electric airplanes.
Release: 8/20/2013
Price: $169.99
Where to Buy:Amazon - Gamestop

Muramasa Rebirth Blessing of Amitabha Collector's Edition (PS Vita)

muramasalephotofinalv2.jpg

• Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover by HORI USA, Inc. - Protect your PlayStation®Vita system with this beautifully crafted PlayStation®Vita system Face Cover made by HORI USA, Inc.! Sporting the Muramasa logo on the front, make it known to your friends and family that you own this very limited edition!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Skin by HORI USA, Inc.- Totally immerse yourself in the captivating world of Muramasa Rebirth with an exclusive PlayStation®Vita system Skin that completely protects the front panel of your PlayStation®Vita system! Using one of the many vibrant scenes from Muramasa Rebirth, this exclusive skin not only offers protection but beauty!
  • Muramasa Rebirth PlayStation®Vita system Pouch - Complete your immersion with a black drawstring velvet pouch that easily puts your PlayStation®Vita system in your hands.
    High Res Framed Lithograph by Vanillaware - Specially made by Vanillaware, this new piece of art for this limited edition is truly one-of-a-kind reproduction (stay tuned for the big reveal of this completely new artwork)!
Release: 6/25/2013
Price: $59.99
Where to Buy: http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" href="http://www.amazon.com/Muramasa-Blessing-Amitabha-Pre-order-playstation-vita/dp/B00C1IHB92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367523083&sr=8-1&keywords=Muramasa+Rebirth+Blessing+of+Amitabha+Collector" s+edition"="">Amazon - Gamestop

Shin Megami Tensei IV Limited Edition Box Set (3DS)

170745lelg.jpg

• A 176-page Strategy & Design Book produced by Prima Games, longtime publishers of video game strategy content. It includes the official starter strategy guide and full-color artwork ranging from concept art to in-game pieces to never-used designs from the new Shin Megami Tensei series character designer, Masayuki Doi.
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Music Collection CD that offers a collection of tracks specially selected from across the 20-plus-year history of the SMT series.
  • A deluxe-sized Collectible Slipcase featuring key art designed by Masayuki Doi.
  • All bonus collectors' items are limited to the first printing; subsequent printings will only include the SMTIV game.
Release: 7/16/2013
Price: $49.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Kingdom Hearts HD: 1.5 Remix Limited Edition (PS3)
Pre-orders Only

90413286.jpg

Free Upgrade to the Limited Edition when you Pre-order. Limited Edition includes an Artbook that provides: "an insider’s look at concept art, character designs and other sneak peeks behind the magic of bringing together Sora, Riku and the immersive Disney worlds."

Release: 9/10/2013
Price: 39.99
Where to Buy: Amazon - Gamestop

Grand Theft Auto V - Special Edition and CE (PS3/360)

imageproxyx.jpg

Special Edition Includes:[hiddenlist]

• Collectible SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
imageproxyi.jpg

Collector's Edition Includes everything from SE plus:[hiddenlist]

• Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
  • Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY Snapback Cap
  • Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
  • Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
Release: 9/17/2013
Price: 79.99 for Special ed./ $149.99 for CE
Where to Buy: Gamestop

Watch_Dogs: DeadSec_ Edition (PS3/PS4/360/Wii U/PC)

watchdogszps68a16f42.png

[customspoiler=Includes]

• Steelbook
  • Statue
  • Artbook
  • Official Soundtrack
  • Map of Chicago
  • 3 Exclusive Badges
  • Augmented Reality Cards
[/customspoiler]
Release: 11/19/2013
Price: TBD
Where to Buy: TBD

ARMORED CORE: Verdict Day Club Namco Edition (PS3)
t7qe.jpg

[customspoiler=Includes]Mech Action Figure
    Artbook
    Digital Soundtrack[/customspoiler]
Release: TBD
Price: $149.99
Where to Buy: Namco Store

Last edited by a moderator:
Not when the edition w/statue is $20 more at $90.
The only thing more the $90 version has is the light up stand to display the game, which I honestly don't see the point of. Both versions have the statue.

But yeah, since I'm not interested in the light up case, should I jump on the $70 if im interested, or wait?

Okay, I bought the $70 one. Just really don't want or need that case.

For those on the fence on arkham origins.

I played the MP beta, and Im more excited about the MP than SP.

Its not half assed at all. You guys are in for a pleasant surprise. A lot of people were surprised as well. We got addicted to it.

If you love spy vs merc, you will ABSOLUTELY love this.

The multiplyer has a lot of depth. Playing as batman and robin is much more difficult than playing as the thugs. You need to do a lot of planning to win.

The thugs have an easier learning curve, but a good batmn and robin will be a nightnare for you.

Remember, there are 2 enemies per team.

Batman&Robin - vs Joker thugs and Bane thugs

Joker and thugs - vs Bane thugs and Batman & Robin

Bane and thugs - vs Joker thugs and Batman & Robin.

So you really have to watch your surroundings.

The winning objectives are complicated (but fun) too.

As batman and robin, you have to prevent the thugs from killing the other team.

So both joker and banes team have 25 respawn points (theyre called reinforcements). As batman and robin, you have to prevent the thugs in each team from dying 25 times (28 per team technically since there are 3 players on jokers team, and banes team).

So if you play as the thugs, you have to kill the opposing team 28 times.

When you play as batman and robin, you knock out enemies using takedowns, and gadgets. Everytime you knock out an enemy, you earn intimidation points. You need 100 intimidation points to win. You have to vary your takedowns too. If you keep using takedowns from behind, the amount of points you earn will get scaled.

If you die as batman and robin, you will lose intimidation points. So if your partner sucks, they will slow you down, because you will lose your intimidation points.

Also if youre playing as the thugs, and you see that batman and robin are winning, you might work with the opposing thugs and focus on killing batman and robin.

The game can grt very intense, because you have two enemies

Theres so much to talk about the MP. I know this is a CE thread, but everyone seems to forget that this game has a multiplayer to it. And honestly guys, youre in for a treat. The MP is VERY good. If you love games that requires strategy and planning this wont disppoint you.

Oh and dont assume youll be good in multiplayer just because you can pull off big combos in the singleplayer.

This is a completely different beast. The thugs have guns. They are hard hitting guns. You run up to a thug as the heroes from the front, you WILL die. So instead you might want to throw a batarang to scare them. Use smoke to mess with their vision. Or make them chase you and lure them to an explosive gel. Or even get the enemies to go after you, while robin takes them out from behind.

Edit: quick things i want to mention.

You can play as Joker and Bane. Both plays very differently.

There is customization for skins, armor, appearances, guns, gadgets, clothes etc.

The thugs have their own perks and gadgets, which can be leveled up.

You can be a fat joker clown thug. A fat shirtless joker clown thug with man boobs and cornrows.

Batman and robin plays differently. One is a bit faster i think. Their gadgets can be upgraded, and costumes customized.

There are items that you can use per match, kind of like mass effect 3 multiplayer.

Wiki is back, OP please wikify!

edit:  tiredjohn suggested to hold off on converting old threads to wiki for a while...

While I did miss the FFXIV CE restock, one has been sitting at a GameStop near me for some time. I meant to go get it yesterday but then I got charged for the Armored Core Verdict Day CE from the Namco store that I TOTALLY do not remember ordering. By the way, the seal on the box says like 201/250. Is this an implication that there are only 250 of these? Can anyone else who bought this confirm? 

Sold my GTA SE code for $45. Not to be rude or anything, but some people are idiots.
Reminds me of how I got my Halo 4 Limited Edition Console for essentially free... BB gave out $20 gift cards for each one you bought, I preordered two, so I ended up with $40 in GC, $20 in RZ cert, plus since they cost $350 each that was another $25 I got in RZ cert from the points. I had pre-sold the fotus DLC (sold them ahead of time, riskier but also can get a bit more, people want them ASAP). I told people I was selling the card with the codes unused, and I would NOT email the code etc. I had sold 1 code for $160 (I kid you not, $160 for the fotus DLC codes for halo 4) and another code for $140? After that I just sold one of the consoles minus the DLC code the next day for $320 to a guy buying his kid an Xbox on CL (was not robbed, yay!) Also since I had bought MYSELF the Limited edition, I sold the game from MY bundle. Seriously though... I never imagined people would pay as much as they do for freaking a few pieces of armor... I guess it is the same mindset of people paying hundreds of dollars for a autograph or rare collectible, except in digital form.

While I did miss the FFXIV CE restock, one has been sitting at a GameStop near me for some time. I meant to go get it yesterday but then I got charged for the Armored Core Verdict Day CE from the Namco store that I TOTALLY do not remember ordering. By the way, the seal on the box says like 201/250. Is this an implication that there are only 250 of these? Can anyone else who bought this confirm?
179/250 here. Still seem to be for sale on clubNamco though.

Some people just hate buying from digital river after many bad experiences.  The Namco edition is just a rebox of the Japanese LE correct?

LOL wow, how could it possibly be so unpopular that 250 copies of the CE haven't been sold out. The reviews have been pretty mixed now that I think about it.
Complete lack of marketing. I think I only saw a couple of websites pick up on the story months ago and not a peep since. Frankly, they haven't even really marketed the game itself very much either and it sort of stealthily got released this week.

Wasn't sure if this belonged in the Pre-Order thread or here.

Personally, I'd be interested in pre-ordering for the Steelbook only (the rest is mainly meh to me).

Beyond: Two Souls free upgrade to a Special Edition with a pre-order at GameStop.

(Picture is from the Steelbook thread, which is apparently from GameStop?)

Beyond_SteelBook_F_SELG.jpg

The steelbook Special Edition will feature the additional “Advanced Experiments” playable scene. In this scene, you’ll test your rapid problem-solving skills as you guide Jodie and the mysterious entity Aiden through a series of tough training missions. Over the course of 30 minutes of additional play, you’ll determine your ability to use your brain while keeping an ice-cool head in high-pressure situations — all while helping Jodie and Aiden collaborate to solve puzzles.

Here is what you can expect in the special edition:

• Exclusive Steelbook Premium Packaging
• Extensive Behind The Scenes Video Features
• Soundtrack
• Dynamic PS3 Theme
• PSN Avatar Pack
• GameStop exclusive 30-minute playable additional scene DLC

Probably gonna be "for real" limited. Maybe it won't sell out on launch day, but I can't imagine Kid Robot (art toy specialty company) is selling those exclusive 6" Cartman figures for cheap (unlike a generic figure which they probably pay pennies for.)

Also the first LE I'm getting in years. Finally some shit that isn't cheesy "bad ass dude" action figures, anime love pillows, and all the other pussy repellant they put in CE/LEs.

i didn't say that at all

you shouldn't speak on behalf of all them
I am not speaking for anybody, I am merely deducting from your statements.

You said the CEs include "pussy replellent" items, hence it follows that the one who buys are in possession of pussy replellents, thereby repelling pussy. Without pussy, one would be virgin.

It's a logical deduction on your own words to express that I find the mentality towards "those who collect CEs repel pussy" mentality offensive, and not true at all.

He was just having a little fun. I wouldn't take offense to it.

I buy CEs, but I will admit, they definitely are pretty nerdy things to buy. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but it is what it is.

Just put a preorder down at GS for the South Park Grand Wizard Edition. $25 down even though its only $20 more than the regular edition.
Yeah, last year they implemented that any CE that's either over $69.99 or one that ISN'T a Gamestop exclusive to have a $25 down instead of the normal $10 it used to be.

The only thing I'm a little concerned about is if the game will require UPlay since UBI Soft is releasing this. :\

I am not speaking for anybody, I am merely deducting from your statements.

You said the CEs include "pussy replellent" items, hence it follows that the one who buys are in possession of pussy replellents, thereby repelling pussy. Without pussy, one would be virgin.

It's a logical deduction on your own words to express that I find the mentality towards "those who collect CEs repel pussy" mentality offensive, and not true at all.
I guess I should tell my wife that she needs to move out, cause all of my CEs are obviously pussy repellent :p

I'm cancelling both my US and EU CEs for Batman Akrham Origins. The game will suck and they'll will be back in stock.

Did you guys see the IGN video of the Arkham Origins press kit? Looks pretty cool, but seems like no listings on eBay yet, or I just suck at searching.

Looks like WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition is rare, sold out everywhere.
not to say you are wrong, but since amazon is one of the retailers to carry it. even with it being sold out, there is a good chance on release date more will be available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back