Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Devil may cry was sold out at Amazon for Like last few days at least. Collectors edition I mean.

https://youtu.be/hFtx7oQKeuA

The Volk figure looks good, but it isn’t enough to keep the whole package. I’ve already submitted my return request with the Square-Enix store. Hoping I can get my refund without any hiccups.

The Volk figure looks good, but it isn’t enough to keep the whole package. I’ve already submitted my return request with the Square-Enix store. Hoping I can get my refund without any hiccups.
Did you message support or just refuse the package from being delivered? I have a feeling it's just going to be left at my door and will miss the chance to say no.

Did you message support or just refuse the package from being delivered? I have a feeling it's just going to be left at my door and will miss the chance to say no.

I messaged support, but I’m probably going to refuse the package when it arrives, just in case SE tries to bullshit me and wait out my 14 day return window.

deluxe is pretty much gone everywhere too I believe (both platforms)
Best Buy still has the XB1 copy available. I have a feeling this is gonna be the same shit as RE2 Remake Deluxe Edition where once it was gone, it's gone. Then they will sell the pack separately the same day.

Best Buy still has the XB1 copy available. I have a feeling this is gonna be the same shit as RE2 Remake Deluxe Edition where once it was gone, it's gone. Then they will sell the pack separately the same day.
I just can't decide if it's even worth getting the Deluxe or not? I did with RE2 but honestly I don't even know if I ever actually used the items I got from that or not.

Also really surprised there's no place with a steelbook or a steelbook edition with this game considering it's a fairly high profile release. Kind of a bummer.

I just can't decide if it's even worth getting the Deluxe or not? I did with RE2 but honestly I don't even know if I ever actually used the items I got from that or not.

Also really surprised there's no place with a steelbook or a steelbook edition with this game considering it's a fairly high profile release. Kind of a bummer.
Bounced back and forth with buying it Day 1, but I know I ain't gonna play it Day 1 lol. Figured I would just wait for a sale which will happen guaranteed.

Anthem is sitll awesome. I've logged at least 60 hours in that game since launch. The only real bugs I have hit are the audio issue (when using a headset and requires a game restart) and the long loading times for missions. But besides that I love the actual gameplay itself. Would definitely say it's worth checking out if you are on the fence. They have a huge patch coming 3/12 for a bunch of fixes as well.

Anthem is sitll awesome. I've logged at least 60 hours in that game since launch. The only real bugs I have hit are the audio issue (when using a headset and requires a game restart) and the long loading times for missions. But besides that I love the actual gameplay itself. Would definitely say it's worth checking out if you are on the fence. They have a huge patch coming 3/12 for a bunch of fixes as well.
I'll most likely sit on the game and keep it sealed until the 12th to see if it is worth keeping. Least I have 45 days to return it,

The steelbook is pretty nice though, And I appreciate that it was actually sealed. It arrived with no damage. 

But yeah, I didn't actually buy the game (yet?)

Then anthem steelbooks are gonna be available for a while. Bricking consoles, really? Damn lol even the console don’t want it

I'm still liking Anthem. Playing on xbox which is apparently running better than PS4.

Metro Exodus is the game that keeps causing issues for me on xbox. console freezes and one complete shut down after a loading screen.

Still waiting on them to release an update

I picked up the game and a Steelbook this past Sunday but the game might be better served returned to the store lol. Luckily I didn't open it.
Honestly, the game's problems aren't all the surface level issues: it's how they're going to keep people invested with zero endgame content. I'm about to hit 30 today and I already know my fate is grinding Tyrant Mine on GM1 for gear. That's literally it. They nerfed freeplay chest farming so hard it got a streamer banned and I'm positive they won't drop anything higher than epics now. The bosses have set loot tables, only the loot is 100% guaranteed to be for a particular javelin slot. AKA, once you have your components farmed, there's zero incentive to finish the dungeon and just farm the chest events instead before dropping.

Tons of mistakes that even a Diablo 3 dev has called them out for on loot (which is high praise, I know). But beyond the endless dungeon grind, there's just no carrot. Gear is not a carrot anymore; too many games have run that into the ground. It should have been cosmetics but oops, lets have a shit cash shop with paltry offerings every couple of days and make grinding coins impossible beyond the initial challenges and dailies. Once that runs out, you're forced to buy shards unless you want to grind for months.

That said, the game is infinitely fun at its core. We just need reasons to play it at level 30. Oh and trying to play with friends almost guarantees one of you will crash, disconnect, be randomly dropped from the server, etc. We've tried playing with our friend multiple times and we can't go a single round without something happening to one of us. It's infuriating TBH, especially when I know playing solo I have almost zero issues. I'd wait for the next big patch, then dive in.

When you get the left alive mech edition in the mail

tenor.gif

Honestly, the game's problems aren't all the surface level issues: it's how they're going to keep people invested with zero endgame content. I'm about to hit 30 today and I already know my fate is grinding Tyrant Mine on GM1 for gear. That's literally it. They nerfed freeplay chest farming so hard it got a streamer banned and I'm positive they won't drop anything higher than epics now. The bosses have set loot tables, only the loot is 100% guaranteed to be for a particular javelin slot. AKA, once you have your components farmed, there's zero incentive to finish the dungeon and just farm the chest events instead before dropping.

Tons of mistakes that even a Diablo 3 dev has called them out for on loot (which is high praise, I know). But beyond the endless dungeon grind, there's just no carrot. Gear is not a carrot anymore; too many games have run that into the ground. It should have been cosmetics but oops, lets have a shit cash shop with paltry offerings every couple of days and make grinding coins impossible beyond the initial challenges and dailies. Once that runs out, you're forced to buy shards unless you want to grind for months.

That said, the game is infinitely fun at its core. We just need reasons to play it at level 30. Oh and trying to play with friends almost guarantees one of you will crash, disconnect, be randomly dropped from the server, etc. We've tried playing with our friend multiple times and we can't go a single round without something happening to one of us. It's infuriating TBH, especially when I know playing solo I have almost zero issues. I'd wait for the next big patch, then dive in.
Yea I have 45 days to return it, so it is sitting sealed in my game cabinet for the time being. Once the 12th rolls around, I will see how the patch is and if I will have enough time with TD2 hitting next week. If not, it is going back lol.

Destiny 2 Forsaken is great right now.  I've been having a blast playing it for the last six week and we just got another infusion of new content.   The Division 2 comes out on Mar and it is also very highly polished and boiling over with content. 

It takes these games-as-a-service a couple years to get their feet on the ground and maintain that momentum.  Right now, Anthem has its work cut out for it.   There are much better games to play. 

Does anyone know if Devil May Cry Deluxe Edition was ever available to pre-order at Best Buy?  Read a post on their forums where someone said the only one that was available from the start was the XB1.  It's still listed as Coming Soon.

Destiny 2 Forsaken is great right now. I've been having a blast playing it for the last six week and we just got another infusion of new content. The Division 2 comes out on Mar and it is also very highly polished and boiling over with content.

It takes these games-as-a-service a couple years to get their feet on the ground and maintain that momentum. Right now, Anthem has its work cut out for it. There are much better games to play.
I'm just tired of games-as-a-service in general. I played Destiny 1 and it had ups and downs. I got 2 hoping it was better and was not. It's gotten better but not as good as D1 ended. There just isn't enough to keep me interested in those games. Destiny 2 I play once a week in hopes of that dreaming city ship or sparrow to drop so I can have that last achievement out of the way, but it never happens. I refuse to buy a season pass for DLC when the game won't drop everything from a small loot table in 6 months.

It does take way too long for those games to get rolling though. It's almost never a good idea to get them at launch when you get a better game a few months later for $20. (Doubt Division 2 will price drop anytime soon though.)

Does anyone know if Devil May Cry Deluxe Edition was ever available to pre-order at Best Buy?  Read a post on their forums where someone said the only one that was available from the start was the XB1.  It's still listed as Coming Soon.

Yeah, it was available for both shipping and store-pickup for both PS4 and X1 consistently until a week or 2 ago.

I'm just tired of games-as-a-service in general.
That's fine. They aren't for everyone.

I personally think that they are the best things in the current gen of gaming. But I understand why people have differing problems in principle with games that fall under that umbrella.

So, UPS won't let me refuse delivery on Left Alive after it's been dropped off at USPS and sent to my house.  I gotta wait on SE to give me a return label. :/

So, UPS won't let me refuse delivery on Left Alive after it's been dropped off at USPS and sent to my house. I gotta wait on SE to give me a return label. :/
They will ask for pictures then email you a label next day. I didn't realize the NA version doesnt come with the shinkawa box art as advertised on the site. The EU version does. Its odd though because its advertised with NA ratings logo right on it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Devil May Cry Deluxe Edition was ever available to pre-order at Best Buy? Read a post on their forums where someone said the only one that was available from the start was the XB1. It's still listed as Coming Soon.
Amazon is Gone also, most stores are.. Funny thing it RE2 Deluxe seems to be OOP its gone from every store online. Whats p with Capcom and Deluxe games.

I kind of want the DMC5 CE but I am just not seeing a $150+ value. An RV model just seems terribly bland to me and there's really not that much else there. Also it still being available makes me think it will quickly fall in price after launch. Are there any unboxing videos out yet? 

Perhaps I missed this, though there's now another US steelbook for Sekiro? I just saw a new listing on amazon which is totally different than the gamestop CE steelbook.

Just saw that earlier. Hopefully it comes out at a decent price. Prima died partially because of their inflated CE prices. I remember when they used to be under $20.

Prima died because their guides were crap unless David Hodgson wrote them. Future Press guides are very well researched and written

Prima died because their guides were crap unless David Hodgson wrote them. Future Press guides are very well researched and written

That may be true, though a guide should never come close to and surpass the cost of the game. Especially when games anymore consistently change days and weeks post launch. Most games nowadays play entirely different months or years later, making the guides obsolete.

I just noticed that the New 3DS XL Majora's Mask Edition NIB is in stock at the Nintendo Store for $199.99. These sold out hard back in 2015 and appear to be selling on Ebay for ~$280 new.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod880778&categoryId=cat750772

Ya know, I've never liked these special edition handhelds where the artwork is upside down when you open it. I much prefer the Apple style when you open the lid you see the graphic right side up.

Ya know, I've never liked these special edition handhelds where the artwork is upside down when you open it. I much prefer the Apple style when you open the lid you see the graphic right side up.
Nobody opens their 3ds only 90 degrees either though. The top usually faces down when open unlike a laptop. It's usually only seen closed. I understand the point, just think it's a little different from laptops.

I missed this when the system launched and really wanted one but was too poor to pay for it in full like gamestop wanted. I like the Hyrule edition better, but for a new system in box, this looks like a good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back