Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Over or under $300 for FF VII remake CE. They'll probably pump one CE out for every episode too. My guess the item in the first CE will be Midgar related.

Got my credit card ready for the eventual overpriced Squeenix CE with $50 shipping...Also hoping I don't miss it.
Conflicted about the Cyberpunk CE. It's cool and the Keanu Reeves inclusion makes me want to buy it day 1, but I'm not sold yet. Hoping it doesn't end up like the Witcher. Always regretted not buying the one extra we had at my store because I was too broke that week.
Glad I checked, I was locked out of my square account and had to reset it. With all the traffic the site will get, who knows if I would've been able too.

Definitely over on the $300. Wasnt FF15 $280 and that was way before the other publishers started releasing $200 plus editions.

Was Cyberpunk 2077 CE ever available at Best Buy? Says Coming Soon for me so I am unsure if it sold out already.
It was available for a few hours I believe.

Looms like Doom Eternal CE is starting to sell out at BB too.

Seems like they probably printed less than they normally would because of the high price of both.

Well ain't that a bitch lol

I'll have to just keep an eye on it and see if it goes back up which it probably will.

That will be a square enix store exclusive im sure
And there'll be one for each episode. And there will probably be 7 episodes.

And in order to get the special box that houses all 7 CEs together, you need to buy the special box that is only available with Final Fantasy VII Remake Randombullshitfancysoundingwords Remix. In all seriousness, after seeing the latest trailer with the ghosts, I'm worried this game is gonna be littered with Nomura's bullshit. All I wanted was the original game with HD graphics...

It was available for a few hours I believe.

Seems like they probably printed less than they normally would because of the high price of both.
I'd wager people are pre-ordering now and taking the wait and see approach. Seems like both games have a lot of hype over them so I'd think they will produce ample amounts. I pre-ordered Cyberpunk and Doom but will likely cancel Doom since I honestly didn't think Doom 2016 was that great... it was more or less a return to form for the series/genre. Cyberpunk, I'm pretty excited over though based on what I've seen CDPR do over the Witcher series. The open world of Witcher 3 is easily the best I've ever experienced.

I wonder how the quality of the cyberpunk statue will be, the Witcher Griffin statue was actually Polystone instead of plastic. The only times I've seen it in a CE Statue

Got my credit card ready for the eventual overpriced Squeenix CE with $50 shipping...Also hoping I don't miss it.

Conflicted about the Cyberpunk CE. It's cool and the Keanu Reeves inclusion makes me want to buy it day 1, but I'm not sold yet. Hoping it doesn't end up like the Witcher. Always regretted not buying the one extra we had at my store because I was too broke that week.
If you miss out on a CE because of funding issues, it is unfortunate but not something you should regret. Unless you spent all your CE money on some long shot venture that you knew would be a bust. In that case, regret away! :)

And in order to get the special box that houses all 7 CEs together, you need to buy the special box that is only available with Final Fantasy VII Remake Randombullshitfancysoundingwords Remix. In all seriousness, after seeing the latest trailer with the ghosts, I'm worried this game is gonna be littered with Nomura's bullshit. All I wanted was the original game with HD graphics...
I think the best option for this is to buy what is available on :ps4: or :xb1: right now. The remake won't be RPG but instead ARPG (RPG Lite). If you like FF7 for the story / characters / world, you will probably be happy with the finished product. If you like FF7 for the RPG elements or the mechanics of the game, this will be different. I hope when it gets closer to release there is news of a demo or a beta of the game so I can try before I buy.

Limited Run Games Exclusive

D8u-Vz9-MX4-AAqd0w.jpg

Over or under $300 for FF VII remake CE. They'll probably pump one CE out for every episode too. My guess the item in the first CE will be Midgar related.
My guess is $220. It has got to be in the $190 to $250 price range.

The whole point of the game's existence is capitalizing on nostalgia.

Bethesda games don't even hold their value. That's the fault of the publisher. Doom and Fallout 4 were $20 apiece in just a few months. Easy pass on that CE.

Limited Run Games Exclusive
Well shit... guess I backed the KS CE for no reason.:whistle2:/

Bethesda games don't even hold their value. That's the fault of the publisher. Doom and Fallout 4 were $20 apiece in just a few months. Easy pass on that CE.
Really? Was there another run or something? I bought FO4 for the PS4 and PC and decided to keep the PC version given the PS4 version ran like ass and pretty sure I was able to sell it for like $200 on eBay. This was also around the holidays I think so that might be why...

Thinking about trying for the FF7 collectors (if they have one) via best buy even though I have GS credit. Do they charge you when you order or charge the card when it ships?
The last several FF CE's have been SquareEnix store exclusives. So if there is one it will likely be there. Won't charge till a couple weeks before it ships.

Thinking about trying for the FF7 collectors (if they have one) via best buy even though I have GS credit. Do they charge you when you order or charge the card when it ships?
There's no way it's not a square store exclusive. I'm pretty sure they don't do pre auths. They haven't released a main franchise CE to retailers in forever. If by some chance it ends up at a retailer, gamestop will most likely get the exclusively. BestBuy does a pre auth and it drops in a few days.

There will definitely be a deluxe version, that will be carried by all retailers, Betting that's $100 plus. Square knows people will pay.

Yea its pretty much no way any other retailers carry it, in fact in the past few years, CEs for every major Square Enix IP has been SE store exclusive, not just Final Fantasy games.

There's no way they pass this opportunity up. The real question is how many they will print. I'm betting 60 to 100k and it still sells out at $300 plus.

They give a high quality cloud statue with his sword. And a exclusive steelbook.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And of course premium packaging, for us collectors :)

Then there might be the best surpirise yet. A final fantasy 7 themed pro packaged with the deluxe version of the game. Which will be $500. I will bite on this.

You know it's coming

yea I can see some insane price for FFVII like $400+. I mean the XV CE was $300 and this is probably expected to sell far more than that.

Be ready. And cautious. Square has made me reset my password twice today. If this happens when the CE goes live, you might lose it. I expect the site to crash The hype is real.

Hands down, square has to have the worst website.

SE store will have the FF$700 Edition. Final Fantasy VII... hundred dollars edition? Get it? Because that's how much it'll cost? Ha... 

Be ready. And cautious. Square has made me reset my password twice today. If this happens when the CE goes live, you might lose it. I expect the site to crash The hype is real.

Hands down, square has to have the worst website.
Dont forget spending 10 minutes waiting for a verification email and identifying buses, stoplights, and crosswalks for 10 minutes.

So, another bundle rather than a CE from what I can see...just like KH 3.
It's disappointing but I will still order it. Nothing original about it, not even the packaging. Oh well. I was hoping it would be more like nier. It looks like they tried to budget it . Still will be 249 I bet.

Wow you guys are right.  I just spent a bunch of time last week sending in tickets to two locations, waiting for replies, and getting my account fixed so I could login at SquareEnix and now it's broken again.   That company can fuck right off. 

Fix your broken ass webstore Square Enix!  It has been one year. 

Play Arts Kai are usually priced at $150 by itself, but this one is cloud plus bike so I'm guessing $200 or $250 for the figure alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back