Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
^They've done expensive jewelry before, so it's not too out of left field

Personally I picked up the Cyberpunk PS4 CE (wish there was a PC, but I guess I'll have to sell that copy and pick up a digital pc copy) and the Deluxe FFVII (definitely not worth an extra $260 for that figure imo). I'm going to get as much as I can out of GCU before it expires this E3 it seems...
FWIW looks like CDPR is going to do a PC version of the CE at some point

I literally scoffed for about 15 seconds after seeing that price and immediately went to BB for a deluxe copy for $64 w/ $10 reward. SE is fucking retarded thinking that figure is worth $250 in a CE.

It's not even a full Collectors Edition its a soft collectors edition one meaning its the normal deluxe edition with a separate box for a figure 

They're doing so to sell to as many suckers as they can with an fixed allotment. Notice how it says any orders placed after a certain time are not guaranteed on release? Yeah, they're gonna mass produce them for massive profit.

Wait. you are shitting me. They are making us pay for ff7 disc 1, ff 7 disc 2 and ff 7 disc 3 as if they were separate games? Hopefully we are getting a full remake and not just a graphics update?
Yep. I've been bordering on not supporting this game for a long time. SE has really gone downhill over time.

I'm afraid it's true.. What we are currently all pre-ordering is basically the first episode which will cover up to Midgar.. Not sure how many more episode we are going to get. Rumors say it'll either be split into two parts or three.
Yikes... if it's a two parter, I can maybe live with it but if it's 3, that's insane- especially at $60 a pop. I'm assuming two might be do-able as they're probably spending a majority of time/resources now on building/refining the engine (guessing it's whatever was used for FFXV). I would think that after this is released, whatever they do going forward is cheaper/faster.

I still think it seems fishy. How much content could there possibly be in the Midgar section?(content was their explanation for 2 discs and having to split it up into multiple installments) I mean I know they will add stuff, but they'd have to add a ridiculous amount to make it "have more content" than The Witcher 3 or FFXV and the countless other full games out there that fit on one disc. In this instance you're gonna tell me that just the Midgar section of FFVII has more content than the entire The Witcher 3 game or FFXV game? Get the hell outta here, there's no way.

To me this is a) either purely a marketing ploy to make more money by selling it in installments  b) a sign that they have no real plan on how to remake the game so they are chopping it up into 2 or 3 separate individual games that focus on one individual section but cutting out a lot of stuff... I still can't shake that feeling no matter how much they deny it  or c) they have pressure from corporate to release it ASAP and instead of waiting another year or two to complete the whole game they're releasing it partially completed.

I think a or a combination of a and b is most likely.

I can guarantee you Part 1 will be $30 by Black Friday 2020.  Knowing this, I am still getting this game day 1.  I haven't been this excited since the original FFVII.

I really like what I've seen so far. And as for content, I'm not worried. There's definitely going to be more then just the Midgar portion of the game. We'll get to see the world map.  

It doesn't hurt that I got it preordered as my free game during a Buy 2 1 free years ago at BestBuy but I would have paid full price if I had too.

Lmao wait seriously? I guess I missed that they were still doing an episodic release. Even barring how ludicrous that makes the price of the CE, you re telling me that each disc is going to have more content than the likes of Witcher 3 or something like Red Dead 2? I am loath to support this until all the parts come out, and maybe not even then. I think it sets a bad precedent for the industry. Hey guys, let's release 1/4 completed games and charge $80 for special editions for each one! Nothing wrong with that! /rant

Lmao wait seriously? I guess I missed that they were still doing an episodic release. Even barring how ludicrous that makes the price of the CE, you re telling me that each disc is going to have more content than the likes of Witcher 3 or something like Red Dead 2? I am loath to support this until all the parts come out, and maybe not even then. I think it sets a bad precedent for the industry. Hey guys, let's release 1/4 completed games and charge $80 for special editions for each one! Nothing wrong with that! /rant
Yea apparently they made just Midgar part as big as Red Dead II. So we'll see.

I ordered the CE. When it gets closer to release and if we find out more about the game and it turns me off, I'll just go with the best buy deluxe w/ GCU +10 cert i ordered also. The FF7 CE, death stranding CE and Cyberpunk CE is a huge hit

Screw that noise, I will get the 2 pack(3 pack?) in 2024 or 2025 for 15 bucks.(talking about the ff7 remake)
By the time the 2nd part comes out, the PS5/XBS will likely be released and selling at full steam... can't help but think they're gonna re-release the first episode on the next console. Or release the 2nd part on the current gen consoles and then double dip on both by re-releasing them. SE seems be on the re-release train like no other company.

That ffvii watch really isnt that overpriced if you consider the cost for custom chrono automatic watches and it's made by seiko. Sure a watch collector would be happy own one. Think it said only 77 made per region

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

By the time the 2nd part comes out, the PS5/XBS will likely be released and selling at full steam... can't help but think they're gonna re-release the first episode on the next console. Or release the 2nd part on the current gen consoles and then double dip on both by re-releasing them. SE seems be on the re-release train like no other company.
Yeah, I do wonder if that will still fly with the next gen when consoles are backwards compatible again though (we know PS4/PS5 will be and I think XBO/Scarlet is a safe assumption).

I nearly lived and breathed for FF VII for years but I just can't justify the price for the CE as its really overpriced for what you get.  Although the whole thing being released in episodes doesn't help the fact.  Might hold off until I get more details on it for as much as I love this game at the moment can't really get behind this whole "remake".

Well Square Enix is making a $2,500 (NOT A TYPO) watch for FFVII

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/564636/final-fantasy-vii-chronograph-sephiroth-jewelry

8976by4.jpg

YWX7oNI.jpg

X5vBH0J.jpg

uwnNklS.jpg
Not bad, but I'll be damned if I pay $2,500 for a Seiko.

Please note, this is a soft bundle. The FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE Deluxe Edition contents are bundled separately from the Play Arts Kai Cloud Strife & Hardy Daytona.

They half-assed it and they didn't have too. It should have been done like Nier. If your going to make a exclusive CE. Make it uniqe.
Well that answers if I should preorder or not. PASS!

Cyberpunk 2077 is teasing me since that CE will be Add to Cart and be sold out lol
Did the PC version ever get listed? You still have a chance for that one if you have semi-solid PC. Given how Witcher 3 compared on PC vs consoles, I'd think it will run well even on some lower end PCs.

Did the PC version ever get listed? You still have a chance for that one if you have semi-solid PC. Given how Witcher 3 compared on PC vs consoles, I'd think it will run well even on some lower end PCs.
No CE for the PC version it’ll be digital only.

theres a Dreamers Edition for Links Awakening that was just announced. 

It comes with an artbook.

Not sure if its an actual CE or just a first print run of the game.

I wish they would bring the European version. I guess I'll have to import it. I hope Japan gets it too. They really know how to ship a collectable overseas.

It's funny that I nearly shat myself when I saw the "Dreamer's Edition" of Link's Awakening on Best Buy and instantly ordered it.  They could have called it the "You sorry bag of crap, you know you're gonna buy this" edition and I would have responded the same way.

sigh....square just confirmed that the FF remake will only focus on Midgar and future episodes will have the rest of the game. 

Apparently each future episode is going to have its own game (each will have 2 blu ray discs)

ugh...I know this was talked about years ago but this just upsets me.

sigh....square just confirmed that the FF remake will only focus on Midgar and future episodes will have the rest of the game.

Apparently each future episode is going to have its own game (each will have 2 blu ray discs)

So that's minimum $60 per game per episode...and how many episodes? Seems like a massive cash grab.

It's funny that I nearly shat myself when I saw the "Dreamer's Edition" of Link's Awakening on Best Buy and instantly ordered it. They could have called it the "You sorry bag of crap, you know you're gonna buy this" edition and I would have responded the same way.
I saw your post and immediately did the same thing. 70 bucks seems bit cheap though considering normal version is 60. Oh well if it sucks I'll cancel it. Would be cool if we got that nifty EU steelbook.

I saw your post and immediately did the same thing. 70 bucks seems bit cheap though considering normal version is 60. Oh well if it sucks I'll cancel it. Would be cool if we got that nifty EU steelbook.
NOA site only shows dreamer (is it for illegal immigrant students??) and lists just game and book. $10 more for just the book sounds right. Glad I still have GCU.

It looks bad but lets see how this plays out. If they can give a quality experience, a bunch of new enemy's, locations, and characters. We'll all be in, Remember, there treating this as a reboot with the original parts of the story still there. I still think there will sections, where we are outside Midgar.

I think we'll get a full skill upgrade system when it comes to things like leveling. It won't feel incomplete. And we'll get a since of closer after each installment.

I still think there will sections, where we are outside Midgar.
My thing is, Midgar usually takes me between 3-4 hours in FFVII, certainly not more than 5. If THAT segment of the game has been expanded to fill two blu-ray disks and is all they have ready by 2020 - 5 years after the game was announced - how long will it be before the full thing is finally available? Could it really take 10 more years?

My thing is, Midgar usually takes me between 3-4 hours in FFVII, certainly not more than 5. If THAT segment of the game has been expanded to fill two blu-ray disks and is all they have ready by 2020 - 5 years after the game was announced - how long will it be before the full thing is finally available? Could it really take 10 more years?
If you think about it, Midgar is a very story dense area. You meet basically half your cast there, get introduced to some of the villains there, background of said cast and villains, etc. so I'm guessing that's a large chunk of the "story" even if you only spend 5 hours there. And once you leave Midgar, you spend a ton of time running around the open world. My guess is, the 'open world' in this game is gone and replaced with some kind of overworld map where you just quick travel to the next town/dungeon.

Even the dungeons and stuff, I'd guess are gonna heavily redesigned/modified to be short/easier and more focus will be on cinematics/story portions of the games.

Whatever the case, as excited as I am that this is coming... it brings with it, so many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back