2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Armored Core 6 collectors editions selling out now too.  Of steam, Xbox, PS4 and PS5; Premium edition is sold out for all systems and collectors editions are only remaining for the PS4 and PS5.  I’m sure because the biggest allotment size was given to those systems.  The listings say “Bandai Namco store exclusive”, so this is probably it.

Is it true there are a significant number of Zelda OLED systems that have a green screen tint? I saw someone in one of the IGN Facebook groups is on their 2nd one.

It’s a FROM game CE that is not getting wider retailer release (the first that has ever been the case) for an effectively “new” franchise at this point, which are usually underproduced compared to more established franchise’s.  For a series and genre even that hasn’t had a game in over a decade.  It’s looking great as well, so I’m definitely excited for it.  I’m sure it will have scalpers like any other limited release since “expanding the game market” and FOMO became buzzwords, but to say it’s selling just cause of that is an oversimplification and kind of does it a disservice.  Don’t get me wrong, sure I’d like more, and I am trying to justify the purchase myself, but the CE doesn’t seem that overpriced compared to anything else nowadays.  I got mine, as it’s something I do want, it’s probably selling out soon, and unlikely to ever be cheaper because of that.  I’ll probably buy anything FROM until they have a release which isn’t one of my favs of that year, which hasn’t been the case since before Demon’s Souls almost 15 years ago now.

Is it true there are a significant number of Zelda OLED systems that have a green screen tint? I saw someone in one of the IGN Facebook groups is on their 2nd one.
I don't notice the green on mine. The backlight would be kinda blue like the usual OLED cool setting. I've not messed around with it much yet.

I've been out of the collector's edition game for a while. What's the best chances of grabbing a TotK CE? Been unsuccessful so far, wondering if there's some new stock notification tool y'all might recommend. Any tips appreciated! 

Not sure why I felt the need to keep tabs on the Armored Core CE so much.  But all gone now.  If you wanted it, hope you got it well you could.

I've been out of the collector's edition game for a while. What's the best chances of grabbing a TotK CE? Been unsuccessful so far, wondering if there's some new stock notification tool y'all might recommend. Any tips appreciated!
The OLED NS was super hard to preorder... and now it's in stock at a lot of places. I'd wager the TotK CE would be somewhat similar. Granted, it's a $350 console that already has a million variants (and the TotK is one of the... fuglier ones) vs a $130 CE that millions of people will prob want to buy, but it seems to happen a lot with Nintendo CEs as of late, hard as hell to pre-order but once release comes around, it can be found with a little bit of effort.

I've never actively scalped stuff, but I've completely stopped selling stuff on eBay because it's such a pain anymore. Fees end up being 15-20%, tax forms are a thing now (though in fairness you were always supposed to remit that), and shipping has gone up. Feels like you'd be lucky to walk away with 70% of the listing price now.

Interacting with people on eBay has also gotten worse. The last several times I listed something without an option to make an offer I got messages with lowball offers anyway. Anecdotally, the number of buyers trying to scam also seems to be on the rise too which means any potential profit is at risk.

Scalpers have their own forums, selling groups and tools that do much more harm than CAG, and I’m sure CAGs impact is nothing compared to social media influencers.  Still, unfortunate that discussion of good deals and heads-up that something may be getting close to selling out is like chum in the water for some, and FOMO fuel for others.  No way around that if this forum is posting the best deals possible though.  Which is sometimes MSRP, no matter how inflated to begin with.  Already being inflated MSRP, and a large box, yeah, I doubt the Armored Core CEs are going to be very lucrative or worth the time and risk for scalpers.  I don’t think scalpers actually had much to do with this one selling out though, at least no more than usual, I think it was mostly just a low production run.  FROM’s last two new franchises have won GOTY overall, and they are just coming off their most successful yet, but a robot game is still too niche and a risk.  Plus being limited to one storefront that does not have a ton of experience being the sole retailer for a AAA release CE, this had legit reasons to be a conservative and small production run compared to demand, unlike the FF pixel remasters.

Gamestop will do midnight release for TOTK and will have at least 4 CE available, start making plans if you still on the hunt for one

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Nintendo NYC will be having a midnight release for TotK and you can reserve a spot starting on 5/5.  They will have CEs available while supplies last.  
https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1649522088250621953

Gamestop will also have a midnight release and allegedly have at least 4 copies of the CE available. 
Gamestop midnight release info came through via an email from them.

Hope that they get enough of those wood plaques so that people that don’t go to the midnight release don’t totally miss out.  

Then you get there and its "whoops you have to buy one of our bundles; with power cables, extra controller, online card, some and this nifty warranty/protection/sub."

"We're giving priority to customers whom pre-order / spend more / stroke our corporate balls".

Don't fall for Gamestop's nonsense.  They can and will 'bait & switch' you at any moment.  The employees working each location will do whatever they want with the product.  Some won't even get delivered, or at least they'll tell you that.   Don't fall for it.  They'll hook up their friends, each other, or best-case-scenario you will have to wait outside all night long, and then "weird, we only got two of them".  If these things are truly even rare.  Which I'm not buying currently. 

Gamestop is dogwater.  The only time they do anything like this with no strings attached is when the item has become widely available.  EVERY other instance, it's the store only gets 1-2 copies, "you should have pre-ordered", or "they didn't send me any extras".  To even people whom were promised.  Becuase their left hand never knows what the right hand is doing, even when intentions aren't nefarious.  The shift lead detective will make up his own ruleset.  Which was decided that morning.  After they had "lots of people asking", and giving HJs. 

Try to get one in a friendly hustle from a clerk you know.  Because that's how these things go.    The regular honest customer won't be scoring.  Unless this CE turns out to be extremely common. 

I put in an order for the FF16 8-disc limited soundtrack.  It's expensive with +$19.99 added shipping, but can always cancel before it ships.  The Ultimate Edition looks too cool.  I'm a sucker for the Amano box art and extras. 

There's a regular edition for people whom want to wait. 

I'm a little tilted that after a week of painstaking listings of CEs, Lego sets, and board games the items that sold for the most so far were the two 'free' steelbooks for RE2+3 for $100 each. They're already going to be the best ROI of all the stuff I have for sale just for the fact they're cheap to ship and cost nothing. Now I wish instead of actually collecting this crap in the past I'd just spent all my time with sock puppet accounts ordering 'free' steelbooks from BB lol. Even the now defunct PS5 scalpers can't compete with that nonsense. ;)

I'm a little tilted that after a week of painstaking listings of CEs, Lego sets, and board games the items that sold for the most so far were the two 'free' steelbooks for RE2+3 for $100 each. They're already going to be the best ROI of all the stuff I have for sale just for the fact they're cheap to ship and cost nothing. Now I wish instead of actually collecting this crap in the past I'd just spent all my time with sock puppet accounts ordering 'free' steelbooks from BB lol. Even the now defunct PS5 scalpers can't compete with that nonsense. ;)
That's what people don't get. They buy the wrong stuff. The most important aspect of buying items to maybe sell later is to 'buy low'. You're not making money on 90%+ of $250+ CEs.

Good job on those steelbooks.

I just buy the stuff I actually want instead of trying to "invest" in games I dont even want to play. Sounds crazy, I know!
Same, but I'm retiring from physical media/CEs. We've reached a point where future generations won't have the same experiences we grew up with and hence collecting as an investment will fall off sharply. Now I need to get through my library of PS1 era games (mostly Square and Working Designs gems) before missing that wave of collectors.

I've circled back to preferring the simple LEs we used to get. A steelbook, maybe a soundtrack disc, and a mini artbook the size of the game case all house in a nice, clean slipcase. Wish we'd get more of those.

71Nx2cIBOoL.jpg

Same, but I'm retiring from physical media/CEs. We've reached a point where future generations won't have the same experiences we grew up with and hence collecting as an investment will fall off sharply. Now I need to get through my library of PS1 era games (mostly Square and Working Designs gems) before missing that wave of collectors.
Not to mention they're now shipping CEs without discs... or games that require 100GB day 1 patches.

I've circled back to preferring the simple LEs we used to get. A steelbook, maybe a soundtrack disc, and a mini artbook the size of the game case all house in a nice, clean slipcase. Wish we'd get more of those.

71Nx2cIBOoL.jpg
The bigger the CE the bigger the profit. Most of the stuff included in CEs costs so little to make. Just throw a bunch of crap in a box, charge $80 more than retail and people focus on the quantity, not the quality or monetary value.

I really only care about steelbooks, hard cover artbooks, or statues anymore. But with statues, if they're well made of good material those things actually cost something to make so they'll take on $200 on base price for those. Then it comes down to whether you like the statue or not.

Not to mention they're now shipping CEs without discs... or games that require 100GB day 1 patches.
the fact we are getting a single disk and still needing 100gb downloads is another reason physical will eventually phase out and I hate it bt will def stop buying CE at that point, it’s getting harder with $250+ editions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bigger the CE the bigger the profit. Most of the stuff included in CEs costs so little to make. Just throw a bunch of crap in a box, charge $80 more than retail and people focus on the quantity, not the quality or monetary value.
And it was this realization for me that stopped me buying almost all CEs.

And definitely stopped me buying any CE without a game disc, because then it literally is just crap in a box.

Same here. Im trying to go as fast as possible and finish my backlog of old games before i miss the boat on this lol

You guys already missed the boat to liquidate your collections, I suppose hurry before the market finishes contracting. Free money plus lockdown time was when you should have struck.

Unless you have 3ds stuff of course which is exploding right now.

Better this CD/BD soundtrack stuff, and sweet $50 hardcover / coffee table books, and FREE (or $10) steelbook pre-order, than the stupid $350 gaudy statue collectors editions. 

You can build your own incredible collectors edition for $140-200 with a steelbook, hardcover guide, and mega soundtrack.  It's amazing what Amazon can deliver to us now, including import items. 

Just like with Elden Ring and everything else.  There's no need for the giant dumb CE.  Build your own.  With higher quality items.

My Zelda OLED Switch arrived today and everything looks good.   Didn't noticed any green screen tint issues, but I haven't done too much with it has to download software for about the next 6 years based on the initial speeds.  

Did you keep you old Switch?  I sold my last one before getting my AC one so I wasn't able to transfer my saves and stuff but I def plan on doing that this time.  Stupid Nintendo requires you to have two systems to transfer data, should be able to upload saves to the cloud at the very least like every other company, but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.

Anyway as far as CEs go all I want is a steelbook, full sized art book and a soundtrack...  but I don't need a bunch of statues and figures and stuff.

Hmm, if that is how this English hardcover release will be, the page layouts do look kind of boring, and little to no text.  Seems like a lazy effort, but 800 pages of elden ring art still sounds good to me, and might as well throw the CE’s mini artbook in the trash in comparison.

Did you keep you old Switch? I sold my last one before getting my AC one so I wasn't able to transfer my saves and stuff but I def plan on doing that this time. Stupid Nintendo requires you to have two systems to transfer data, should be able to upload saves to the cloud at the very least like every other company, but Nintendo gonna Nintendo.
I did keep my original V1 switch, since I know those have value still for various reasons. I have a Nintendo online sub, so all of my saves are in the cloud but I don't think it downloads those until it is done downloading all of the software. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning when I wake up if everything is actually downloaded.

Dunno if it's the same, seem like the Udon store one notes hardcovers (though stock pics don't look like it).
I think Udon just localizes the Japanese versions. I highly doubt the content will change. I suspect they will be hardcover though (fwiw, Udon used to only have hardcover versions at expos for 2x the price of the softcover, but now the general releases are pretty much all hardcover).

I'm okay with the focus just being the artwork, since we'll get plenty of text in the 2 Future Press strategy guides. The layouts do seem pretty uninspired though. Not sure they really needed to split the art into two volumes.

My Gamestop Zelda OLED was in good shape, got to pick out the one I wanted of the 8 the store was allocated and keeping that one. Box protectors pricey at the moment!

My Amazon Zelda OLED came with zero protection and my kids threw it around like a football before I got home, so I returned that one -_-

Canceled BB & Target OLEDs because I'm poor.  :cry:

My Gamestop Zelda OLED was in good shape, got to pick out the one I wanted of the 8 the store was allocated and keeping that one. Box protectors pricey at the moment!

My Amazon Zelda OLED came with zero protection and my kids threw it around like a football before I got home, so I returned that one -_-

Canceled BB & Target OLEDs because I'm poor. :cry:
I got the $40 acrylic one. It came cracked and the seller is going to send another when they get more stock. All the other feedback is good, so it's likely USPS being awesome.

I never had trouble with ebay until this week. I had a wrong game sent yesterday and thankfully got a full refund right away. It was going to be a sealed copy of 3rd Birthday Twisted Edition and ended up some PAL only PS3 game I never heard of called Wanted Corp.

Target just cancelled 3 of my preorders which I made with their B2G1F/cancel 1 or 2 trick... Email says it's related to payment issue even though it's on my RedCard, that's perfectly valid...

Target just cancelled 3 of my preorders which I made with their B2G1F/cancel 1 or 2 trick... Email says it's related to payment issue even though it's on my RedCard, that's perfectly valid...
How much credit you got on that card? If all their weekly temp charges can’t fit, orders get canceled. And they do a temp charge for the total before you canceled anything as well.

How much credit you got on that card? If all their weekly temp charges can’t fit, orders get canceled. And they do a temp charge for the total before you canceled anything as well.
I have the debit card, debit card never has a temp charge in the 10 yrs I've had my RedCard.

They did that to me but I am pretty sure it's because they sent out those new Target CC's and my old Target card is no longer valid.

I think the only order I got from b2g1 that they cancelled on me was DNF duel. When I chatted with the rep to see if they can discount the game to the price I got it for, they just left the chat lmao

bread's done
Back