2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
They did that to me but I am pretty sure it's because they sent out those new Target CC's and my old Target card is no longer valid.
I did get a fairly new RedCard recently, but the card number and pin are the same but this might explain why.

They did this with RE4 preorder. Kept temp charging my almost $90 ebery other week then cancelled right before the game out. Wouldnt honor it either.
Are you saying you get pending charges on your debit RedCard? I get notifications of charges (temp or otherwise) on my card and I've never gotten anything but the post shipment charge on my debit RedCard.

I foolishly placed 4 diff B2G1 orders to get those glitch prices (RE 4, Trinity Trigger CE, Demon Gaze Extra, and Loop 8 CE).  I say foolishly because at the time I didn't realize I would be temp-charged almost $600 every 2 weeks.  That being said I have not had any issues with the 2 games that have come out since the orders were placed (RE 4 and Trinity Trigger).  I guess I have gotten lucky so far.

I did get a fairly new RedCard recently, but the card number and pin are the same but this might explain why.

Are you saying you get pending charges on your debit RedCard? I get notifications of charges (temp or otherwise) on my card and I've never gotten anything but the post shipment charge on my debit RedCard.
Constant recharges on my capital one.

I foolishly placed 4 diff B2G1 orders to get those glitch prices (RE 4, Trinity Trigger CE, Demon Gaze Extra, and Loop 8 CE). I say foolishly because at the time I didn't realize I would be temp-charged almost $600 every 2 weeks. That being said I have not had any issues with the 2 games that have come out since the orders were placed (RE 4 and Trinity Trigger). I guess I have gotten lucky so far.
My Loop 8 order had a notice to approve a new date saying it was delayed as they think it was supposed to be released/shipped in April instead of June. So you may want to check your order. I didn't get a notice about it and just happened to check thanks to the recent conversation.

Yea, my Loop 8 got canceled and I don't think I got an email for it. I usually do.

Edit: Actually, I guess I did, searching my mail.

Alright so that's one of my games cancelled too... I also had Demon Gaze NS cancelled. 

So guessing it has nothing to do with payment method and it's something else? Stock issues? 

For those getting cancellations, you might consider looking at your payment information. Target had a glitch yesterday that changed the expiration date on some customers' payment methods, causing Target to cancel the order if it was pinged.

I got a bunch of "approve this delay" emails yesterday for my Target B2G1 pre-orders but none of them ended up cancelling on me. Seems like I have more temp pings than normal but it's hard to keep track.

For those getting cancellations, you might consider looking at your payment information. Target had a glitch yesterday that changed the expiration date on some customers' payment methods, causing Target to cancel the order if it was pinged.
Wow, ok so looks like this was the issue... the expiration date on my card was 2029 online when it was really 2027. Great, because Target updated to the new card automatically and did it wrong.

I tried to get chat to restore the order or match it, they wouldn't. Only offered $10. Ridiculous.

My Loop 8 order had a notice to approve a new date saying it was delayed as they think it was supposed to be released/shipped in April instead of June. So you may want to check your order. I didn't get a notice about it and just happened to check thanks to the recent conversation.
Went in right after reading this and checked. It had an "Approve Delay" button next to it and is now labeled as "Backordered". Double checked my Demon Gaze order and my CC info as well to play it safe. Thanks for the heads up everyone.

I was stuck in line last week at GameStop and saw on the loop of ads running in store that they would be offering a Steelbook for Diablo IV preorders. I've been searching online to see if it's listed online anywhere to get an idea on the design, but I haven't found jack. Here's hoping something is clarified soon...

I was stuck in line last week at GameStop and saw on the loop of ads running in store that they would be offering a Steelbook for Diablo IV preorders. I've been searching online to see if it's listed online anywhere to get an idea on the design, but I haven't found jack. Here's hoping something is clarified soon...
i know overseas is getting a steelbook bt NA is only showing the lithograph at GameStop, bt I’d pick it up if they are adding it over here in the states as well, bt like you couldn’t find anything for us in NA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recommendations on the best chance to try and pick up Tears of the Kingdom Collector’s Edition on launch day? I’ve missed all opportunities to pre-order it online. I’m thinking of hitting up our local Target and hoping for the best. Any advice would be appreciated!

Any recommendations on the best chance to try and pick up Tears of the Kingdom Collector’s Edition on launch day? I’ve missed all opportunities to pre-order it online. I’m thinking of hitting up our local Target and hoping for the best. Any advice would be appreciated!
My local gs is doing "pre rings" at a certain time on Thr prior to their midnight release. That's what I'm going to try since I have gs credit to burn. Have a wm preorder too if I end up needing to pay cash. I think there's also a chance these are relatively easy to find on/after release like the Dread SE.

B&M Target does not stock CE in store. Every retailers may have some for sale online midnight launch day, GS the only one announced B&M will have at least 4 at each stores for midnight launch.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

My local gs is doing "pre rings" at a certain time on Thr prior to their midnight release. That's what I'm going to try since I have gs credit to burn. Have a wm preorder too if I end up needing to pay cash. I think there's also a chance these are relatively easy to find on/after release like the Dread SE.
Gonna try my local GS for midnight. Have one pre ordered with Amazon but I don’t trust them not to damage it and I have credit for GameStop to spare plus the monthly coupon.

B&M Target does not stock CE in store. Every retailers may have some for sale online midnight launch day, GS the only one announced B&M will have at least 4 at each stores for midnight launch.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
The weekly Target Ad has the CE listed with the disclaimer ‘stores only, quantity limited, no rain checks.’ So while they usually don’t have CEs in store, they will have this one.

Just got an email from SE noting they're gonna charge for FF16 on May 11...  that's 6 weeks before release date. I swear, they really love testing their fans as of late. First shorting PS4 supply of Pixel Remasters by an insane amount and now this crap. 

Just got an email from SE noting they're gonna charge for FF16 on May 11... that's 6 weeks before release date. I swear, they really love testing their fans as of late. First shorting PS4 supply of Pixel Remasters by an insane amount and now this crap.
yea having not even seen the statue or quality from any type of video or irl photos think imma cancel

I cancelled. I already have the deluxe and steelbook ordered from Best Buy. Not paying close to half a grand on the same thing with the only real difference is the statue that isn't even of one of the main characters of the game and who knows how high quality it is to begin with.

I'm also confident around release it'll come back in stock in case I change my mind, as it was in stock for several months before it sold out, so I expect many cancelled pre-orders. If pixel remaster CE came back in stock, this definitely will.

Edit: Never mind it's already back in stock lol.

What's the likelihood that the game case in the TotK CE is sealed? Are games still usually sealed inside CEs?
They are sealed. At least they were with Bayonetta 3 and Fire Emblem Engage. The UPCs are different than the regular game. bayonetta 3 didn’t have a UPC code at all and Fire emblem’s was different and had ‘not for resale on it.

Just got an email from SE noting they're gonna charge for FF16 on May 11... that's 6 weeks before release date. I swear, they really love testing their fans as of late. First shorting PS4 supply of Pixel Remasters by an insane amount and now this crap.
Is it for the Full CE cost or just the Wall Banners? My email specifically said the Pre-order Banners. So I'm curious if those will ship free, then cause the rest of the order to be uncancellable.

Kinda wish they specified, also not a big fan of spending $400 before even getting to see what it looks like

I mean I would've gotten it if it was like $150. After taxes and shipping it's over $420. Absurd price. That's the price of a console. I'd only pay that price for a CE if it comes with a big well-made statue + an exclusive steelbook + a hardcover artbook + a soundtrack + some other stuff.

The only thing the FF16 CE has exclusive are the stupid pins, which is a low effort throw-in and the statue.

I support people buying whatever CEs they desire, but if this sells well, this enables them to overcharge for CEs like this in the future. And offer lower quality items in them knowing that no matter how crappy it is, people will pay their price.

Like others have said, I miss well made CEs. The best CEs today are the NISA ones that come with steelbooks and artbooks. They come in a small package without a lot of useless nonsense and are usually well priced. $100-$120 usually.

Is it for the Full CE cost or just the Wall Banners? My email specifically said the Pre-order Banners. So I'm curious if those will ship free, then cause the rest of the order to be uncancellable.

Kinda wish they specified, also not a big fan of spending $400 before even getting to see what it looks like
Hm...you're right, mine also says banners.

I think it's either they'll send the banners first which will make it hard or unable to cancel the preorder. Or, that particular email just for whatever reason had one particular aspect of the order in the email when it's really for the whole order.

At over $420 shipped think the FF16 CE is the most ridiculously overpriced one yet?  I mean, that’s like $150-$200 more than Horizon, GOW, Elden Ring, RE4, etc…which were already ridiculously overpriced, for what seems to be an equivalent amount of stuff overall.  The only thing that could justify the price of the FF16 CE is the statue, since we don’t know the quality, but it looks like cheap plastic, and the additional filler items seem even worse than usual for these things.  None are worth more than $5.

I did get another email saying

"We are aware some of you have mistakenly received a cash collect reminder email for the bonus item(s) included in your Final Fantasy XVI pre-order.

Please rest assured none of the bonus items that come included with your pre-order will be charged."

So guessing that was a mistake on their end

The irony is the absurd price would actually make a lot more sense if they did charge for the preorder bonuses.

I got the email too even though I cancelled my order. It sounds to me like they still plan to charge in the 11th, just not for the bonuses but maybe I’m wrong.

I did get another email saying

"We are aware some of you have mistakenly received a cash collect reminder email for the bonus item(s) included in your Final Fantasy XVI pre-order.
Please rest assured none of the bonus items that come included with your pre-order will be charged."

So guessing that was a mistake on their end
Hm... I didn't get that email.

Another update, I had sent a specific question to the help desk regarding the issue and got this.....and it does sound like they plan to charge this week for the full thing. The first half of the email was the exact same text as above, but below had this quote

"Also, please note that we will have 2 additional cash collection days in case you need more time, see below:"

Along with an image that showed that the 18th and the 25th were additional collection dates. So I just cancelled mine, for $413 I can get the deluxe and some actual insane quality statue from elsewhere (Or maybe even 2)

Stores should have a cardboard display of the design posted in store now.

Anyone who pre-ordered the Zelda CE at Best Buy get charged for it yet? The two Amiibo were charged and changed to "Preparing for Pickup," but the CE hasn't changed yet.

Anyone who pre-ordered the Zelda CE at Best Buy get charged for it yet? The two Amiibo were charged and changed to "Preparing for Pickup," but the CE hasn't changed yet.
Charge for my Zelda CE showed up on Monday, while the charge for the Amiibo showed up today. Both orders are in the "Preparing for Pickup on Friday" stage on Best Buy (though the pre-order bonus Art Print is in "We'll let you know when it's ready" stage).

Charges for my GS orders (Twilight Princess Amiibo + regular TotK version and Zelda CE) showed up on Tuesday but so far I've only received a shipping email for the order with Amiibo+Regular TotK --- and GS website shows both orders as "In Progress" / "Waiting for Product Availability" but I imagine that'll change sometime overnight as their system gets caught up.

Charge for my Zelda CE showed up on Monday, while the charge for the Amiibo showed up today. Both orders are in the "Preparing for Pickup on Friday" stage on Best Buy (though the pre-order bonus Art Print is in "We'll let you know when it's ready" stage).

Charges for my GS orders (Twilight Princess Amiibo + regular TotK version and Zelda CE) showed up on Tuesday but so far I've only received a shipping email for the order with Amiibo+Regular TotK --- and GS website shows both orders as "In Progress" / "Waiting for Product Availability" but I imagine that'll change sometime overnight as their system gets caught up.
Gonna stay optimistic for now I guess 😅. My GameStop preorders all charged today, so I'm probably ok - but was really hoping to pick up my copy at Best Buy and play it on launch day. I even took time off work lol.

For the record, I told my coworker I'd sell my second copy to em at cost if I actually get both - I have no intention of reselling if both work out. I hate that I need to clear that up, but uh... yeah. Hope everyone who wants one can secure one!

5242c92aa4bffac7dd4fa7be6dcefc6b.jpg

GameStop finally listed the steelbook on their website

bread's done
Back