Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptainCool4']Should I pick up Singularity and/or The Saboteur? Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

I know this question is a couple weeks old, but I just finished Saboteur yesterday and wanted to reassure anyone on the fence about it that it's really a pretty good game - definitely worth the $8. The story is decent for this kind of game, and it's really fun dropping dynamite all over Nazi towers and driving away as everything blows up. The thing I liked best about it is there's almost no penalty for dying - everything you blew up or collected is saved, you just get bumped back to whatever HQ is closest. That really encourages you to try all sorts of crazy stuff and there's very little you ever need to re-do. Thats why I ended up playing this game a lot more than Red Faction Guerilla (which Saboteur reminds me of the most) - there is just too much downside to dying in that game and I found it frustrating to constantly lose resources and have to redo things.

I ordered more from these guys because of the condition of the games I got earlier this week. I got myself War for Cybertron FOR SURE this time around and I also picked up Too Human as well, I know it's a definite hit or miss with gamers but I'm in the mood for a hack and slash RPG, so why not.

must have sold out, several titles are missing from the online store, so I assume they sold out, like War for Cybertron, NCAA Football 10, etc.

[quote name='brkptr']I know this question is a couple weeks old, but I just finished Saboteur yesterday and wanted to reassure anyone on the fence about it that it's really a pretty good game - definitely worth the $8. The story is decent for this kind of game, and it's really fun dropping dynamite all over Nazi towers and driving away as everything blows up. The thing I liked best about it is there's almost no penalty for dying - everything you blew up or collected is saved, you just get bumped back to whatever HQ is closest. That really encourages you to try all sorts of crazy stuff and there's very little you ever need to re-do. Thats why I ended up playing this game a lot more than Red Faction Guerilla (which Saboteur reminds me of the most) - there is just too much downside to dying in that game and I found it frustrating to constantly lose resources and have to redo things.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally there are so many fun ways in doing each mission. The story is good as well. I wish it was co op man it would be a blast to time attacks and so on. I do not know why they do not include co op in these games... Just cause 2 rules but man i want co op! Blowing stuff up rules

[quote name='OGHowie']Did dead rising even get updated or did it sell out?[/QUOTE]

unfortunately this was one of the titles I never saw updated online actually...It is possible that they want to leave a few titles in store for sale as we didn't get too many for rent as it is....but not really sure...I can make assumptions all day...but for whatever reason there always seems to be that one or two that don't match up perfectly with my list online...so check if you have a store nearby!

alright, this is actually an interesting week. There are no new additions but any title in store that are Rent 1 get 1 free that we have 2+ copies of are on sale for 9.95. This includes Wii, 360, PS3. While most titles are YMMV it may be worth to check your local store out for specifics. For example in my store tonight I priced Bayonetta, Riddick, most Guitar Hero games, Dead Space, Lost Odyssey. So while these are gonna be a little older, you may find some things of worth. See ya again next week with hopefully some new titles being priced

Thanks.
Will there be any more free shipping offers? Although it's not a game, I ordered a movie last week and got it a few days ago. Couldn't be happier!

[quote name='NeuralFizz']Thanks.
Will there be any more free shipping offers? Although it's not a game, I ordered a movie last week and got it a few days ago. Couldn't be happier![/QUOTE]

$2 off your order by Monday 12/20 - Code: "DecSave2" - Equivalently free shipping! ($1.99 ships any size order)

Well they have done it again. I received the games I ordered today and despite the stickers on the cases which were pretty easy to get off they look practically brand new. I don't believe I have ever picked up a used game that are in the same shape as the two I got today. Incredibly impressed yet again. There is a good chance I will be ordering something almost weekly from these guys, great prices on used games, and in great condition too. Who could ask for more?

[quote name='bravesfan25']i went to a family video today and they refused to sell me a Bad Company 2 for the $20 price.[/QUOTE]

did it have a sticker advertising any price to buy? Just because it is listed on this site doesn't mean stores have to sell a copy if they don't have enough stock too...

[quote name='Muthafodder']These "deals" are awful for rental copies.
You need to beat GameFly and goHastings before I even flinch...especially PS3[/QUOTE]

Transformers for $9 disagrees

[quote name='jj5206']did it have a sticker advertising any price to buy? Just because it is listed on this site doesn't mean stores have to sell a copy if they don't have enough stock too...[/QUOTE]

yeah it had a $30 sticker on it.

[quote name='Muthafodder']These "deals" are awful for rental copies.
You need to beat GameFly and goHastings before I even flinch...especially PS3[/QUOTE]
While I will give it to you that the PS3 selection is not that great, there are good deals to be had here.
I bought The Saboteur there months and months ago for $9.99, cheaper than you could find it anywhere else. And for being used, it came complete and with the DLC.
I bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 last January for I think $19.99 and Brutal Legend for either $19.99 or $9.99, which were both cheaper than everywhere else by far.
And unlike goHastings, the games are going to come complete if you hit up a store. Not sure about online though. I will give you also that GameFly has great used prices and come complete also, but both of these two stores have had cheaper games than the other before.
Family Video isn't that bad at all.

[quote name='bravesfan25']yeah it had a $30 sticker on it.[/QUOTE]

you should have just asked them to check the price on the computer...it would have shown the correct price...

[quote name='jj5206']you should have just asked them to check the price on the computer...it would have shown the correct price...[/QUOTE]

i did but the guy was a jerk and refused to check.

[quote name='XT14']alright, this is actually an interesting week. There are no new additions but any title in store that are Rent 1 get 1 free that we have 2+ copies of are on sale for 9.95.[/QUOTE]
Does 2+ mean it has to have 2 or more copies available to rent to be eligible for purchase, or more than two copies? I've seen a few R1G1 games with only two copies available that I'd be interested in for $10, but I thought it was they had to have 3 or more.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Does 2+ mean it has to have 2 or more copies available to rent to be eligible for purchase, or more than two copies? I've seen a few R1G1 games with only two copies available that I'd be interested in for $10, but I thought it was they had to have 3 or more.[/QUOTE]

what I meant by that was 2+ titles for rent...we are pricing down to one copy remaining...perhaps I will change it later so it is more sensible on the listing.....

p.s....prices are updated now..sorry for being a little late this time, long work week since i'm on break from school

also for the above guy....I dunno why there are jerks that work with the company sometimes..but feel free to speak with a manager in those situations...if nothing else...PM me...i'll take care of it...or attempt to

I may jump on that $10 Alan Wake, I think I want to see what Gamefly has in store before I pull the trigger though. Thanks for the update XT

[quote name='XT14']what I meant by that was 2+ titles for rent...we are pricing down to one copy remaining...perhaps I will change it later so it is more sensible on the listing.....[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll hit up my local FV then tomorrow and see what they have. If neither of the two are stickered, do I just take it up there and ask? This deal wasn't reflected at a different FV I stopped at (i.e. 2 copies of a R1G1 game but none were marked for purchase) so I'm curious how I'd get in on it.

Thanks for the info. :)

Wow that Alan Wake is tempting. The Signal DLC is going on sale too apparently.

That Spiderman is looking good too, waiting for that one.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Thanks. I'll hit up my local FV then tomorrow and see what they have. If neither of the two are stickered, do I just take it up there and ask? This deal wasn't reflected at a different FV I stopped at (i.e. 2 copies of a R1G1 game but none were marked for purchase) so I'm curious how I'd get in on it.

Thanks for the info. :)[/QUOTE]

yah when in doubt just ask them to look up their master game sales list online...it should tell them that they are to sell additional copies of R1G1 games pretty clearly...I still don't see why management at some stores don't pay more attention to things like this considering the better their sales the more they can potentially make....but anyway good luck...and of course let me know if theres anything else I can do!

I was reasdy to buy, but alan wake shows $19.99 right now. Is the deal over or maybe not started yet (i hope) ?

[quote name='ivos']I was reasdy to buy, but alan wake shows $19.99 right now. Is the deal over or maybe not started yet (i hope) ?[/QUOTE]

Went to jump on Alan Wake also, but it's showing $19.99 for me, too.

Alan Wake is worth $19.99, let alone, $9.99.

NBA Jams for $29.99 is sooooo close to my price point. Gonna hold out for $19.99 though. :D

[quote name='$hady']Alan Wake was a very good game that was doomed by releasing the same day and Red Dead Redemption. I highly recommend![/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you there. I passed on Alan Wake for a long time until dell had it for $25 brand new for the limited one i think? I played the hell out of it and wish i bought the collectors edition and might anyways. The last dlc was kinda a bust for me but i liked the signal. This game for $10 is just to good people should buy it before they luck out.

Man the game prices are so bad these days no wonder EA are doing the $10 to play online bit and companies making full games with dlc included and you got to pay to unlock them on the disc. They are really losing money these days... I just hope they do not go even further with things. The DLC content lasts 1-2 hours these days for $10 bones... ME2/AW and so many others.

[quote name='clockworkgreen']Alan Wake for $9.99 seems like it should be its own thread. First it's hit that #, and I bet lots of people were waiting for it to drop. I'm in.[/QUOTE]

Yup and they will be doing the DLC content sale before new years on the xbox marketplace! So this is a killer deal right now. I suggest getting the DLC when on sale you will not regret it.

I got a free the signal dlc code with my new copy maybe some people will get lucky and get that with it? I got codes from them sometimes that work.

[quote name='Luxuria']How long does "in fulfillment" usually take? :S[/QUOTE]
1-3 days max i believe. This time of the year maybe longer since i bet there being hammered on sales right now. I had one stay in that status for almost 1 1/2 weeks last year but only happened once. You could always send an email and ask but it will ship out soon enough. They must of got huge amount of orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back