Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Dang ordered both Lost Planet 2 and Bioshock 2. Neither worked. :( Think I'll stick with my local stores from now on. The only reason I did the website was because I had that groupon. Went ahead and just emailed them. Is the return policy one you have to pay to send back or do they get you labels or something.[/QUOTE]
I emailed them about my bum order and they said they'd mail me a slip that I could use to mail it back, so I'm going to guess it's a prepaid envelope or something. They also gave me a discount coupon. I might try them again in the future if they have a game or two I want on the cheap.

[quote name='guitar1god']So if the game does not show up online, then how can I order it? Do I have to look for it in a store?[/QUOTE]

Ya you would have to go in store and look around. If your local store doesn't have it you can pm me and I'll see if I have a copy for sale in my district that I could get shipped out to you.

[quote name='Invicta 61']They must not be that stringent. My store always has some people behind the desk more interested in chatting with each other or texting / updating facebook.[/QUOTE]

I can't vouch for your store but any of the stores that I have ever worked at are very picky about who they hire. Out of 100 applications that are turned in probably 30 of those people we will bring in for an interview. Of that 30 we will test maybe 10(its not an assessment but an actual clerical test, reading writing math). Of those 10 at least 8 will not meet the company average. Then of those final remaining 2 the DM will interview them and hire probably 1 of them. It's this reason that myself and XT get bummed out when we here about stores that can't manage to do their job right. If thats the best they could find then I would hate to see the ones that they didn't hire.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']

I can't vouch for your store but any of the stores that I have ever worked at are very picky about who they hire. Out of 100 applications that are turned in probably 30 of those people we will bring in for an interview. Of that 30 we will test maybe 10(its not an assessment but an actual clerical test, reading writing math). Of those 10 at least 8 will not meet the company average. Then of those final remaining 2 the DM will interview them and hire probably 1 of them. It's this reason that myself and XT get bummed out when we here about stores that can't manage to do their job right. If thats the best they could find then I would hate to see the ones that they didn't hire.[/QUOTE]

pretty much spot on....the job is hard to get compared to others in a similar paying range, but is a lot of fun and you typically get the ability to work with other people who are actually intelligent (most people in my store are either with a BA/BS or working towards one) I've travelled to and/or worked in at least 15 stores in my region and have decent luck...but every now and then there is someone that just doesn't seem to belong...they typically figure that out quickly themselves and quit...but can't be perfect everywhere...hopefully those that have problems are making them known so that we can keep up some good PR here instead of negative

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any chance Export Codes are included in the GH games?[/QUOTE]

The export codes are on the instruction manuals, right? So wouldn't it be a store-by-store situation as to whether or not the manuals are included? Think, man..

Will be picking up both Guitar Hero WoR and Crackdown 2 tomorrow.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any chance Export Codes are included in the GH games?[/QUOTE]

yah, but since the chances of another GH game being made is very low I don't imagine the one for WoR will do you any good.....unless there's something i'm missing

[quote name='XT14']well its usually on the instruction manual now right? so i guess if you find one that has a manual you'll get one...but since the chances of another GH game being made is very low I don't imagine the one for WoR will do you any good.....unless there's something i'm missing[/QUOTE]

Hit the nail on the head with that one. I read in an article that in the first 2 months of that game being released it only sold 300k copies across all platforms. Thats bad on an incredible level considering what they had expected, but then again when you pump one of those games out every 3 months your bound to eventually lose your audience. I imagine they will make another one but I bet it won't come out until november or early next year.

Also it may be on the manual but if someone wrote it down and then entered it before you got around to it that might not work either.

[quote name='XT14']yah, but since the chances of another GH game being made is very low I don't imagine the one for WoR will do you any good.....unless there's something i'm missing[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I guess I assumed that they were backwards compatible with GH5 and Band Hero.

Does anyone know if GH:WoR ACTUALLY fixed the calibration issue that GH5 had? Meaning can I finally calibrate my game on my TV this time?

Every single time I go to FV, it's the exact same dialogue.

"You all set?"
"Actually, I wanted to see if you could check the price on this."
"To rent or to buy?"
"To buy."
"Well, it says the price on the sticker *points to sticker showing either a $29.99 or $19.99 price*"
"I know, but I visited another Family Video and it was cheaper there.. I wanted to see if you guys had it for the same price."
"Okay, let me check.. oh, it's actually $9.99!"

Every. Time.

So thank you, XT14. Because of you, my collection is now two games larger (Crackdown 2 & GH: WOR). If it wasn't for you, I'd never know that the staff of my Family Video is extremely lazy and doesn't update pricing, I'd just assume that they rarely, if ever, lowered the price of anything.

Now if only I can convince them that some of the games they have multiples of are actually for sale (Borderlands, Splatterhouse, and Tron)..

Do they have 3+ copies of those ones scorch? I know that those three games that you listed they should be selling down to 2 copies each of but as I posted before it also depends on how well it rents. I have 4 borderlands and don't have any for sale because when I left work a little bit ago all 4 were rented out.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Do they have 3+ copies of those ones scorch? I know that those three games that you listed they should be selling down to 2 copies each of but as I posted before it also depends on how well it rents. I have 4 borderlands and don't have any for sale because when I left work a little bit ago all 4 were rented out.[/QUOTE]

Yes to Tron and Splatterhouse, I believe there's four of each .. there are 3 copies of Borderlands.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I want crackdown 2 for $9.95 but it's listed at $19.95.[/QUOTE]

Read the OP deals go live usually Wednesday.

Bought some Xbox 360 games yesterday after work. I picked up Mirror's Edge, Lost Planet 2 and Alan Wake for $9.99 each. Alan Wake wasn't marked for sale, but they had three copies. So I asked the clerk if they would be willing to sell one of them. The store manager said fine and that was that. The store was also running a sale on PS2 games. All $4.95 marked PS2 games were 4 for $10. I didn't see anything interesting though so I passed.

Same question as above, don't even see guitar hero used listed. Is this just a be patient situation ? Anyone knows when should the game be available to buy online ? THanks !

they have typically been good about updating things before noon....there have been a couple of odd weeks where the updates haven't come properly to the site....hopefully this isn't one of them. I guess for now it should be a patient task

I guess this is one of those days huh ? Or maybe you were talking about noon pacific ?
Thanks for your response in any case!

[quote name='XT14']they have typically been good about updating things before noon....there have been a couple of odd weeks where the updates haven't come properly to the site....hopefully this isn't one of them. I guess for now it should be a patient task[/QUOTE]

I guess I've jinxed it by wanting crackdown 2. I just checked and still $19.99.

NCAA 11 Football made it to 19.99 online, but Crackdown is still at 19.99 instead of 9.99 and Warriors of Rock is not listed as an available used game at any price. Oh well, maybe better luck next week.

Verified @ Holland, MI store - Guitar Hero:WOR is $9.95. My disc looks completely unused (no scratches or fingerprints whatsoever!), came with the manual & the Soundgarden CD demo disc (a pleasant surprise!)...

[quote name='Javansdaddy']Verified @ Holland, MI store - Guitar Hero:WOR is $9.95. My disc looks completely unused (no scratches or fingerprints whatsoever!), came with the manual & the Soundgarden CD demo disc (a pleasant surprise!)...[/QUOTE]

great to hear that javans! I'll wait patiently for a copy to show up available online, got no stores around here :D

If your not using a groupon code I can help you out with a copy and get it sent out to you. Same goes to anyone else, feel free to message me. Worst case I can't find you a copy and your still stuck waiting for the online store.

I'm starting to think that some games simply fall through the cracks when prices on the Family Video web site are updated. We purchased a used copy of Crackdown 2 last Fall at our local store for 19.99.
Recently, we were waiting on a price drop to pick up a second copy online. As of last week, that title had finally dropped online to... 17.99!? This week, it actually went back up in price to 19.99 used? You can buy a NEW copy for 19.99 right on the Family Video website. Very strange.
The other used title I've been watching is Darksiders.
That title has stalled at the 29.99 mark since it was first offered, and has never dropped. You can currently buy a NEW copy of Darksiders for $10 less on the same site. It is 19.99 new. I was so confused I actually wrote them an email wondering if perhaps there wasn't a mistake, but never got a response. Its been that way since at least January.

Overall, though - this is still my favorite place for used titles. They are always extremely clean and typically include all documentation. The local staff are always friendly. Our copy of Crackdown 2 still had the DLC card in the case.
So, thanks for this thread, or I probably never would have known otherwise.

[quote name='ps2emotions']I guess I've jinxed it by wanting crackdown 2. I just checked and still $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Hey if you are like me and waited for crackdown 2 to drop. If you have prime on amazon, AWD has it used like new 11.99, and POM through amazon under used games has it used like new 11.75. I have prime and live in Texas so no tax off amazon and free shipping, I actually came out a little better then I would have if Fam Video had actually put the price online. Hope this helps you out.

I got crackdown 2 friday at my local one. Also I got my replacements for Bioshock 2 and Lost PLanet 2 in hte mail and both worked and these versions came with books so I'm happy.

sorry everybody, they are focusing again on making sure stores have dropped all .99 PS2 rentals for sale for $4.95 and any of the multiples of the Rent One Get One Games for the main systems at 9.95....so nothing new to be had until hopefully next week

[quote name='XT14']sorry everybody, they are focusing again on making sure stores have dropped all .99 PS2 rentals for sale for $4.95 and any of the multiples of the Rent One Get One Games for the main systems at 9.95....so nothing new to be had until hopefully next week[/QUOTE]
dang, still another week without a fable 3 drop :(

Just went in to the Muncie, IN store looking to buy "The Sabotour" for PS3 under the "rent 1 get 1 free" as listed in the OP. There were two copies on the shelf so I thought there would be no problems. I was wrong.

As I walk up to the counter there are three employees behind the desk, holding up the counter and talking as usual despite the 20+ people milling about the store. I stand at the counter for about 20 - 30 seconds waiting for them to finish their conversation when the guy shuffling discs turns and says "oh, you ready?". "Yes, I've been told that if you have multiple copies of a game labeled 'rent 1 get 1 free' that the extras are available for sale". His reply: "The games are NOOOOT for sale. The games that have the star are rent 1 get 1 rental free. If the games are for sale they will have a little triangle sticker with a price on them".

Well, thanks for pretty much ignoring what I said and then explaining things to me like I'm a 5 year old. I put the game back on the shelf and left.

This is a college town with more than enough intelligent people that could meet the qualifications of the job. Unfortunatly finding a smart employee does not mean they will be a good worker. I rarely file complaints anywhere because I have yet to receive a reply when I do, but I'm seriously considering one here.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Just went in to the Muncie, IN store looking to buy "The Sabotour" for PS3 under the "rent 1 get 1 free" as listed in the OP. There were two copies on the shelf so I thought there would be no problems. I was wrong.

As I walk up to the counter there are three employees behind the desk, holding up the counter and talking as usual despite the 20+ people milling about the store. I stand at the counter for about 20 - 30 seconds waiting for them to finish their conversation when the guy shuffling discs turns and says "oh, you ready?". "Yes, I've been told that if you have multiple copies of a game labeled 'rent 1 get 1 free' that the extras are available for sale". His reply: "The games are NOOOOT for sale. The games that have the star are rent 1 get 1 rental free. If the games are for sale they will have a little triangle sticker with a price on them".

Well, thanks for pretty much ignoring what I said and then explaining things to me like I'm a 5 year old. I put the game back on the shelf and left.

This is a college town with more than enough intelligent people that could meet the qualifications of the job. Unfortunatly finding a smart employee does not mean they will be a good worker. I rarely file complaints anywhere because I have yet to receive a reply when I do, but I'm seriously considering one here.[/QUOTE]

They are the worst. I think people are extremely lucky if they ever find a store that sells any of their games. Stick to the website.

^^^ i know i sound like a broken record here but please contact and complain about any issues you have with the link I have, but I know it is frustrating when you have to fight just to get a deal that they should be willing to sell you, not arguing with you about. It's especially bad since this week they told every store to focus on selling the ROGO games plainly more than anything else....I have no idea why people wouldn't take the time to try to sell you something when most of the time it's actually beneficial to the employee. sorry for those of you that have to put up with these issues.

this is what I see on the site. not the price in the title of this topic...
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock : Xbox 360
Our Price: $47.99

[quote name='stikman']this is what I see on the site. not the price in the title of this topic...
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock : Xbox 360
Our Price: $47.99[/QUOTE]

Most likely we don't have enough stock as a whole to be selling it online just yet.

Again anyone that has complaints as XT says file a complaint. If no one hears about it then things will never change. If you don't get any answer about it after filing a complaint then let me know and I'll forward it onto the people at our corporate office.

It's not that they didn't sell me the game, I don't really care about that. The reason I'm really pissed is the way I was treated while in the store. It's as if operating the store is secondary to talking, goofing off. The fact that the employee pretty much ignored what I said to him and went on to describe how things operate at the store as if I'm a child.

If sale of the ROGO games was emphasized this week, I can understand why things are bad at that store because that duty falls squarely on the shoulders of the store manager. The manager is the one that is supposed to convey store policies and procedures to the employees. The manager is supposed to be sure that the employees follow through with their duties. I am now quite certain that if I make a complaint at the store nothing will be done about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back