Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XT14']it seems another week gone by without...hopefully prepping for a lot of updates next week? At any rate, will let you know next monday night/tuesday as usual[/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the States though I wish the website would update more often :cry: Haven't bought anything online from them since that Groupon deal last year

okay, updates are in. Also a bonus that's not on the OP....in store only YMMV. Notice that if not already done, all remaining accessories from PS2/GCN/Xbox are to be liquidated at $2.95 regardless of what it is (controller, memory card, etc)...so if you are looking for spare parts for any of those systems for any reason...I know my old store had many things, so good luck.

Cya next week

Holy shit, Final Fantasy, Darkness II, AND SoulCalibur V all at $30?!

I would've thought they'd show up at $40, but $30 is just insane for those. I'm never buying games on release anymore. I'll just wait a couple weeks for them to show up at Family Video.

[quote name='Scorch']Wow. $9.95 puts Deus Ex 360 into the "I'm definitely grabbing that even though I already have it on PS3" territory.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking. Exactly, actually.

Why is it that the game posted in the beginning of this thread are higher on the website than advertised here? Am I missing something? For example Deus Ex shows up at $19.99, not $9.99.

[quote name='neil1115']Why is it that the game posted in the beginning of this thread are higher on the website than advertised here? Am I missing something? For example Deus Ex shows up at $19.99, not $9.99.[/QUOTE]

For some reason, the website is always a week or two behind the updates. Deus Ex should be $9.95 next week on the site.

You must have missed the part in the OP that says, "Online titles usually update every Wednesday". That means that the prices on the website might not change till Wednesday, although it sometimes happens as early as Tuesday morning. The Usually is thrown in there to cover all the bases, because sometimes the prices never drop on the website for some games.

$10 for Deus Ex is pretty darn good.

[quote name='loomis1975']You must have missed the part in the OP that says, "Online titles usually update every Wednesday". That means that the prices on the website might not change till Wednesday, although it sometimes happens as early as Tuesday morning. The Usually is thrown in there to cover all the bases, because sometimes the prices never drop on the website for some games.

$10 for Deus Ex is pretty darn good.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I did miss that part. I'll check it out then.

And the price drops are live on the website for this weeks drops, at least the ones I can find are dropped, some of the games aren't available used it seems, Uncharted 3 and Darkness II most notably.

[quote name='loomis1975']And the price drops are live on the website for this weeks drops, at least the ones I can find are dropped, some of the games aren't available used it seems, Uncharted 3 and Darkness II most notably.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I think I'll get Deus Ex.

[quote name='XT14']okay, updates are in. Also a bonus that's not on the OP....in store only YMMV. Notice that if not already done, all remaining accessories from PS2/GCN/Xbox are to be liquidated at $2.95 regardless of what it is (controller, memory card, etc)...so if you are looking for spare parts for any of those systems for any reason...I know my old store had many things, so good luck.

Cya next week[/QUOTE]

damn wouldn't mind picking up a gamecube memory card at that price, i always appreciate how everyone has awesome deals while im away on vacation

[quote name='XT14']okay, updates are in. Also a bonus that's not on the OP....in store only YMMV. Notice that if not already done, all remaining accessories from PS2/GCN/Xbox are to be liquidated at $2.95 regardless of what it is (controller, memory card, etc)...so if you are looking for spare parts for any of those systems for any reason...I know my old store had many things, so good luck.

Cya next week[/QUOTE]

Still not a complete 2.95 liquidation of games, though, right?

[quote name='savagepastry']Still not a complete 2.95 liquidation of games, though, right?[/QUOTE]

well Xbox/GCN are to have been liquidated at that price for a while...but PS2 games are still surviving for at least a few more months

[quote name='XT14']well Xbox/GCN are to have been liquidated at that price for a while...but PS2 games are still surviving for at least a few more months[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. Thanks!

[quote name='madcyantist']gotta stop in at my store tomorrow and look for this one![/QUOTE]

well the one by my work didn't have much.. will try the one close to home ;\

Dunno if anyone else's local FV is the same, but our PS3 section isn't as big as our 360 section. So, while I would've waited in other cases, I snagged the lone Uncharted 3 on sale today for $30.

New PS3 releases aren't too big there, either. For example, they only have one rental copy of Twisted Metal there.

Are your guys' similar to that?

[quote name='Regian']Dunno if anyone else's local FV is the same, but our PS3 section isn't as big as our 360 section. So, while I would've waited in other cases, I snagged the lone Uncharted 3 on sale today for $30.

New PS3 releases aren't too big there, either. For example, they only have one rental copy of Twisted Metal there.

Are your guys' similar to that?[/QUOTE]

Kinda sorta. My Family Video rarely ever has PS3 games for sale. I can usually snag the 360 games I want, but I've only ever seen a PS3 game on sale a few times.

Of course the one time I assume I can get a game, I can't. No copies of Deus Ex at my store. I actually sold my copy to a CAG because he's in Canada and doesn't have access to a Family Video. I stupidly assumed I could just pick up a copy at my Family Video. First time they've let me down.

So I went to make my first order online only to find out FamilyVideo.com doesn't accept American Express. fuck.

alright, well for anyone waiting on the update this week, the reason I was late in posting is because there wasn't anything new to add. will be crossing my fingers for next week as usual.

okay, today familyvideo presents the "better late than never" list...perhaps there's something you were looking to drop another $10 before picking up before?

I'm consistently impressed with Family Video's game prices. Syndicate and KoA for $30 is awesome, although I'll hold out for longer.

Went to my local Family Video and they didn't have any of these deals. When I asked they had no idea what I was even talking about. -.-

[quote name='Invicta 61']Did they just decide to stop dropping PS3 stuff? The 360 list is twice as long with many newer titles.[/QUOTE]

They don't order a lot of multiples of PS3 titles so there's not an excess amount of titles to clearance.

[quote name='Komentra']Went to my local Family Video and they didn't have any of these deals. When I asked they had no idea what I was even talking about. -.-[/QUOTE]

Read the FAQ section in the OP.

[quote name='Komentra']Went to my local Family Video and they didn't have any of these deals. When I asked they had no idea what I was even talking about. -.-[/QUOTE]

Stores should get this information for the updated titles on Monday night and have it taken care of by Tuesday at the latest...just ask them to check what titles recently updated if you can. If they still seem clueless, please use the contact link on the OP so you don't have continued issues with employees that may not be doing their job correctly.

New updates include a $10 drop in Saints Row, Fortune Street, and Just Dance: Summer Party (Even though I don't remember that last one being on sale anywhere but the website previously). Anyhow, they also decided to price a few extra copies of Gears 3/Batman: AC/Zelda in store. If you were looking for one of these games earlier you may have better luck finding it now.

Nice! Found Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles :wii: and Dungeon Siege III :ps3: for $10 each! I've been wanting Dungeon Siege for quite a while.

They were only marked with the "R1G1 free" stickers, but I took them to the front and mentioned there was more than one copy and they rang them up no problems.

Even picked up Transformers: Dark of the Moon :br: for $10. Yeah, I know. But I grew up watching Transformers, I can't help it!

Thanks XT!

[quote name='Invicta 61']
Even picked up Transformers: Dark of the Moon :br: for $10. Yeah, I know. But I grew up watching Transformers, I can't help it!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you know? Yeah, you know you're cool because Transformers are AMAAAAZINGGGG!!!!!!:D

[quote name='Wint3rSoldier']they need to update this...

Need for Speed Hot pursuit isnt available on 360 anymore
and Infamous 2 is showing up $29.99 not $19.99[/QUOTE]

these deals for better or worse are B&M first...online second. NFS: HP may still be avaliable in stores, same with infamous 2 at the 19.99 price. Every 6 months or so I do some cleanup and leave older titles at YMMV with respect to price and avaliability. For now though everything should be updated correctly as last I was informed.

stores will get updates at Monday 8-9PM Eastern at the earliest...so I won't know until sometime after then, but i'm hoping to see a few interesting ones!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Yeah, you know? Yeah, you know you're cool because Transformers are AMAAAAZINGGGG!!!!!!:D[/QUOTE]

LOL I don't think anyone has said I'm cool for liking the Transformers, usually the opposite but thanks!

I have the complete original series on DVD, all live action movies on Blu and the original movie on DVD and VHS. I don't like the new Pixar style animation, give me the old Japanese style anime any day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back