Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='007bond']On the other hand, based on my recent Family Video and Gamefly orders (360 games) I'll take no manuals over super scratched up games (Gamefly).[/QUOTE]

I so second that thought right there! The ones i get from FV seem to be way more tested then Gamefly. I do get about 75% of the games with manuals from FV and very few badly scratched/unplayable games. I only buy 360 games but i bought about 25 or more games from them since the xmas sales.

I recommend this place for used games you hit way less problems and most times they do come with manuals. You do get that familyvideo ring in the inside ring of the disc. I wonder if i can remove them all without leaving goo or ruin the discs?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I recommend this place for used games you hit way less problems and most times they do come with manuals. You do get that familyvideo ring in the inside ring of the disc. I wonder if i can remove them all without leaving goo or ruin the discs?[/QUOTE]

I can attest that you can easily remove the Famvid ring from the disc without doing harm. Just remove it like you would any other sticker. The adhesive is a bit stronger than usual, but it still comes off easy enough. It will leave goo so use a product like Goo-Gone to remove it.

That said, I generally just leave the sticker on. I only remove it if I give the game as a gift or trade it in to Gamestop.

Thanks for the info! Just picked up Red Faction: Guerrilla, Mass Effect 2 (sold for 56 during the GS 60 percent trade in) and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood.

Figured I would post my experience. I ordered Mass Effect 2 ($30), Red Faction: Guerrilla($10) and Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood($10) on 3/17/10 and my order shipped on 3/18/10 and I received the package today 3/19/10. That is some damn quick shipping for a $1.99 in my opinion. Anyways, all of the disks are in great shape. The cases on the other hand are bad to okay. Red Faction is the only game to come with manual and the case has a rather large crack on the bottom. Mass effect 2 had no manual, is riddled with stickers but otherwise in okay shape (meaning no cracks). Call of Juarez had a what looked to be a "puncture wound" on the back that went though the plastic and damaged the artwork. Overall I am happy with the purchase (2 decent games and 1 fantastic game for 55 bucks ain't so bad :)).

sorry bout the late updates..long day..anyway..only a couple updates this week...and *gasp* we are up to 2 ps3 titles...hoping for a lot of price drops next week since there aren't many new movies coming out then.

[quote name='Scorch']Guitar Hero 5 needs to hurry up and drop to $9.99.

Family Video's getting all of my money these days.[/QUOTE]

Best used retailer for rock bottom deals.

Curses! Just took the dive on Bayonetta from Gamestop. Guess I'll be returning it - thanks! Hopeful for one more drop from Tekken and Prototype soon...

Dammit, I bit on Bayonetta on day one because I got Best Buy to price match a TRU promotion... Oh well, this is turning out to be my favorite thread. I'm waiting till Darksiders, Bioshock 2, and Dragon Age all drop to under 20.

Great deals! I was going to buy Mass Effect 2 and Bayonetta, but decided to wait and I'm glad I did!!!!.

Just waiting on the price to change come Wednesday.

Wow I'm going to have a hard time resisting the repurchase of Bayonetta I loved that game and did not finish the achievements. Only problem is that I just started Dark Void and I have Final Fantasy XIII pending in, so it may be a while before I start playing it again.

Dang it i just bought brutal legends for 14 on amazon...

The dark void price is nice but when i priced checked it on other sites i seen amazon has it for $25 brand new and FSS. They only have 4 left but i just bought one. They got only 3 left now. I hope this game is fun.

I can not wait for a lower price on rockband beatles. I usually only buy RB games brand new for the export code. I will bite for a slightly cheaper price cause the game is so unique in style.

I can honestly say that i look forward to when this thread gets updated, thanx much dude who runs this lol.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Dang it i just bought brutal legends for 14 on amazon...

The dark void price is nice but when i priced checked it on other sites i seen amazon has it for $25 brand new and FSS. They only have 4 left but i just bought one. They got only 3 left now. I hope this game is fun.

I can not wait for a lower price on rockband beatles. I usually only buy RB games brand new for the export code. I will bite for a slightly cheaper price cause the game is so unique in style.[/QUOTE]

Do you ever check out any of the other threads? :)

Brutal Legend is $9.95 used at Blockbuster. I understand you may not have a Blockbuster near you though.

Beatles RB is also $19.99 at Blockbuster used. From what I've heard Beatles RB is a standalone game. There is no way to export.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']I can not wait for a lower price on rockband beatles. I usually only buy RB games brand new for the export code. I will bite for a slightly cheaper price cause the game is so unique in style.[/QUOTE]

There is no export feature for The Beatles: Rock Band.

[quote name='JamesMc']Bought Bayonetta. Does anyone know how to take off the sticker residue that is on a lot of their games?[/QUOTE]

I take the cover art out...then use Goo Gone on the sticker part. Then...since it smells like oranges, Ill wipe it down with some water or something. Once everything is dry I put the cover art back in...

[quote name='optimusprime8062']I take the cover art out...then use Goo Gone on the sticker part. Then...since it smells like oranges, Ill wipe it down with some water or something. Once everything is dry I put the cover art back in...[/QUOTE]

Family video puts a plastic sticker around the ring of the disc...at least in my experience. I used goo gone to remove the residue as well

I just signed up for my local Family Video last week after seeing HWV and Blockbuster close down...they have some excellent deals on used games.

Picked up Mass Effect 2 for $29, played it for a week til I beat it, then resold it on Glyde for nearly the same price. ME2 came with two sets of instruction manuals and even had the Cerebus Network card still included, but I never used it since I could never actually connect to EA's servers..

I'll definitely be checking this thread out more for future deals :)

This is, without a doubt, my favorite thread on this site. I was at Gamestop yesterday, trading some stuff in with their tiered deal, and I very nearly purchased Bayonetta for 39.99. Then I stopped by Family Video shortly after and noticed it for 29.99. I told myself "I'd pick that up in a heartbeat if it were 19.99". Came on here not long after, and saw the price had changed on the website. Knowing the price would still be marked as 29.99, this thread ensured I went there prepared. I printed off the price from the website, mentioned the master sales list to them, and wouldn't you know it? Bayonetta for 19.99. THANK YOU XT14 and all those who post here!

[quote name='timberwolfbobby']This is, without a doubt, my favorite thread on this site. I was at Gamestop yesterday, trading some stuff in with their tiered deal, and I very nearly purchased Bayonetta for 39.99. Then I stopped by Family Video shortly after and noticed it for 29.99. I told myself "I'd pick that up in a heartbeat if it were 19.99". Came on here not long after, and saw the price had changed on the website. Knowing the price would still be marked as 29.99, this thread ensured I went there prepared. I printed off the price from the website, mentioned the master sales list to them, and wouldn't you know it? Bayonetta for 19.99. THANK YOU XT14 and all those who post here![/QUOTE]

glad you had a decent experience..wish you wouldn't have had to go to the lengths that you did just to get the correct price..but to get a good deal i'm sure most of us have been through worse..haha

Damn Family video, i havent seen one of these stores since way way back in the days.

hmm that bayonetta is looking rather good... i think i'll just wait till it hits $9.99 b4 i snag at it...

Ordered Bayonetta last night. Thank you XT14 for updating this thread and keeping us informed of these good deals! :)

Thanks much got Brutal Legend at my local one. Two days ago it was 19.95. and I rented a movie and took it back yesterday and checked again and 9.95.

BTW anyone in the Newburgh IN who wants Bayonetta used they have two of them for 19.95 with the books for sale. No more Brutal Legend.

Bought Mass Effect 2 and Bayonetta on Tuesday. This Saturday the package came in. I live in Hawaii, and I was stunned that it came that fast with the $1.99 shipping.

Both games are in flawless condition. I would have thought it came from Gamefly in the condition it was in. Both came with cover art, inserts, and manual.

I would buy from Family Video again, without hesitation.

Recieved Bayonetta and Red Faction Today in the mail after just 3 days (19.99, 9.99). THe games are in great shape. The best part is Bayonetta came with its Manual -Red Faction did not. Luck of the draw I guess.

I live near 3 family videos, they all 3 have the games but none have the "buy me" stickers, will they sell the others too or does it have to specifically have to have that sale sticker on it? They had like 8 bayonettas but none said buy me...

[quote name='havuk']I live near 3 family videos, they all 3 have the games but none have the "buy me" stickers, will they sell the others too or does it have to specifically have to have that sale sticker on it? They had like 8 bayonettas but none said buy me...[/QUOTE]

wow that must be a large store for them to have that many copies of that game.....it wouldnt hurt to bring it up and ask...feel free to copy out the online price, or mention their master game sales list..they might have a weird reason why they aren't selling any..but logically it wouldn't make sense to me..again these specials should be for every store...

and btw...updated with 7 price drops for the 360...everyone enjoy for the week..batman finally dropped..i know a few of you have been asking for it....and those of you who collect horrible titles..your day has come for rogue warrior finally as well

Wow the prices are amazing! I wish i waited on ncca 2010 and madden 2010! The Batman AA was worth $30? New from dell sale long ago. The game is worth $50+ so at $20 wow amazing deal! I hope they add new games on sale all the same stuff over and over kinda makes me not check as often as i used to.

[quote name='havuk']I live near 3 family videos, they all 3 have the games but none have the "buy me" stickers, will they sell the others too or does it have to specifically have to have that sale sticker on it? They had like 8 bayonettas but none said buy me...[/QUOTE]

Just ask someone at the register. When I went to buy ME2 it seemed like they are required to keep a minimum amount of copies of the game and they are free to sell the rest. I think it was 5 for ME2.

God I love Family Video... I've only purchased one game to date from them, but they honestly have great service and these prices are amazing.

[quote name='sixghost']Just ask someone at the register. When I went to buy ME2 it seemed like they are required to keep a minimum amount of copies of the game and they are free to sell the rest. I think it was 5 for ME2.[/QUOTE]

yah i don't list how many of each the stores are selling because it varies from week to week, it's usually 3-5 we need to keep in stock for newer titles..2-3 for older..like we actually got the OK to sell more copies of ME2 this week now that you mention it, but bayonetta even is all but 2 i believe...great game, but didn't rent well

A Family Video just opened near my house a couple of months ago, but they haven't really had anything for sale yet. Hope that changes soon.

[quote name='henry00x']received my copy of Bayonetta today in MINT condition w/ manuel =)[/QUOTE]

wow, you got the game and Manuel, hope he is nice.. bueno!

[quote name='Monroeski']A Family Video just opened near my house a couple of months ago, but they haven't really had anything for sale yet. Hope that changes soon.[/QUOTE]

If its a new store they typically wait a few months to get a feel as to how big of a "gaming rental store" that they will be. Store's vary greatly from one to the other when their only like 5 miles apart so they need to see what their magic number is. Once they figure out just how many copies they need to hold on to of any given title you'll see they start selling stuff off. You can always go the familyvideo.com route though :bouncy:

You can ask. I've asked them before way back when soul caliber 4 dropped to 19.95. I just worded it "do you know when you might be selling used copies of the game" I just happened to ask the manager and she said she can let one go for 19.95.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back