Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EYEL1NER']I got lucky at my store. I went in when what looked to be corporate was there. Buncha people in nice clothes walking around with clipboards. I noticed that there were 5 copies of Bulletstore, all with the online pass.
I went up and politely gave them the speech I always give: "Excuse me, I noticed that there are 5 copies of a game I am looking at getting, all for rent only. I saw somewhere online that there was guidance that had been passed down to sell down to 4 copies. Have you seen anything like that come down?"
Instead of brushing me off and saying that none are for sale, the guy looked at his computer for a while and said 'Yeah, I can let one go. It'll be $19.95."

SCORE![/QUOTE]

More then likely the guys with clipboards with nice clothes were the DM or RM. I can't imagine anyone from our corporate office being down in SC. If it was corporate people though then you can expect them to either be adding something in to that store (subway, little cesars) or for more stores to be opening up in the area. Regardless of which way it was you should have talked to the guys about the UFC issue I tried to help ya out on and informed them that the games are never stickered at your store and that you always have to inform the employee's and that half the time they still refuse to give in. Would the manager that was there probably been mad? Yea. Does he deserve it? Damn straight after all the absolute pain they put both of us through.

Not sure if I should be asking this here, but if anyone has any of those Groupons that are sitting unused, and it doesn't look like you'll be able to use them, I'd be more than happy to buy them off of you. Please go ahead and send me a PM if you're interested.

Thank you.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']More then likely the guys with clipboards with nice clothes were the DM or RM. I can't imagine anyone from our corporate office being down in SC. If it was corporate people though then you can expect them to either be adding something in to that store (subway, little cesars) or for more stores to be opening up in the area. Regardless of which way it was you should have talked to the guys about the UFC issue I tried to help ya out on and informed them that the games are never stickered at your store and that you always have to inform the employee's and that half the time they still refuse to give in. Would the manager that was there probably been mad? Yea. Does he deserve it? Damn straight after all the absolute pain they put both of us through.[/QUOTE]
I really should have, but I was just so pumped to have finally gotten a game from there that I wanted, I wasn't thinking about the awful encounters I've had there in the past. I was also flying pretty high due to the fact that I have always wanted to get the ROGO copy of Ninety-Nine Nights that they have and they won't part with it, but I had just gotten it from Blockbuster from their BOGO.

Maybe next time I'll bring it up. Or I'll ask for someone to call to leave feedback on the store. Because I did notice three copies of Skate 3, all rental only. So I might go back in sometime soon to try to get them to sell one to me.

I don't know if all the regional managers are like mine but he has a plaque right above the exit door that has a comments/questions and his work phone number on it for anyone to call. Would be a good place to take a peek next time in and see if theres one listed for that store.

and just to add for the few that have asked about the ROGO games...those should not be YMMV. If there are people arguing that it explicity states in the Video Game Sales Printable (this is what they would bring up to verify) "Rent 1, Get 1 Games (Xbox,PS3,Wii) should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.95, except for the Halo 3-Multiplayer Maps (which are $4.95)

good luck finding some deals!

im sad b/ ctheres no FV near me. their prices are awesome but not all online :::((((((

homefront for $30 and red dead for $20. :((((((

[quote name='agreenlife3']im sad b/ ctheres no FV near me. their prices are awesome but not all online :::((((((

homefront for $30 and red dead for $20. :(((((([/QUOTE]

Send me a message and I'll try and track down as many games for people as I can. Only takes a few minutes of my time and I'm always willing to help out fellow cags.

[quote name='victimsofadown']These deals are amazing, is the original case/art guaranteed? (I don't care about the booklet)[/QUOTE]

Original case/art is guaranteed. Booklet is 50/50 depending on the store.

Went ahead and pulled the trigger on Bulletstorm. The manual is dinged up a bit, but I got a unused Online Pass for it. So, I'll call that a win.

Also picked up their last sale copy of Alpha Protocol for $9.95. Heard it was an okay game.

[quote name='Regian']Went ahead and pulled the trigger on Bulletstorm. The manual is dinged up a bit, but I got a unused Online Pass for it. So, I'll call that a win.

Also picked up their last sale copy of Alpha Protocol for $9.95. Heard it was an okay game.[/QUOTE]

Alpha Protocol an okay game? Hahaha... wait your serious?

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Alpha Protocol an okay game? Hahaha... wait your serious?[/QUOTE]

A pal of mine played it and said it was okay. I'll take his word for it. Besides, it's ten bucks. I've wasted ten bucks on worse things. Like Golden Corral.

[quote name='Regian']A pal of mine played it and said it was okay. I'll take his word for it. Besides, it's ten bucks. I've wasted ten bucks on worse things. Like Golden Corral.[/QUOTE]

It get's mixed reactions from people. I know some who hated it and I know some who enjoyed it. Considering I've enjoyed a lot of games that have a bad rap I picked it up too but haven't touched it yet. People here buy far worse games for $10

well my bulletstorm didn't have an online pass with it, it had the manual but the back page was missing. Oh well it doesn't sound like it's worth the $10 for the pass for some experience points and a leash and a few more echo maps. I played online with it last night and it was pretty fun and the single player is a blast! Well worth the $20!

Even if your local FV doesn't have 4-sale stickers on these games, ask them anyways. My local FV didn't have any Bulletstorm cases with sales stickers. I took a case up to the register and asked if it it was for sale @$19.95. She had no clue until checking some folder, then said it was available for purchase for !9.95. They may not even know it at the time.

The Bulletstorm game is actually a lot of fun. Not something I would pay 60 or even 40 for, but then again I usually never buy games priced that high anyways. For 20 it's a good deal.

Finally got my local store to sell me the spare non-stickered copy of Singularity. The last few times I went in they said it was not available for sale. Today I bring it to the counter and told him about the whole BOGO sale items. The guy checks the system and says "yeah, it will be $9.99". He sounded suprised, said we must have missed one. I told him it happens sometimes. I think it ticked him off a bit that they missed labeling it and I knew about it.

Thanks XT14 and mrright4u4now for the updates and info.

[quote name='XT14']alright, just in case anyone is wondering, new updates won't be listed until tomorrow due to holiday[/QUOTE]

im hoping for some sweet updates!

Got an O.D.S.T. disc in the mail today WITH the Halo 3 multi-player disc... @ 9.99 used w/FS.

It sure beats the costs of the Halo 3 Multi-player maps for download... & ODST to boot!

Hey gang..

Is there a way to enter two groupon codes for one order? I remember reading a while back we could use two codes per order but I can't figure out how to do it on the website.

Thanks for the help

Kevin

[quote name='kevgret']Hey gang..

Is there a way to enter two groupon codes for one order? I remember reading a while back we could use two codes per order but I can't figure out how to do it on the website.

Thanks for the help

Kevin[/QUOTE]

I'm almost positive theres no way to use more then one code even if their not the same. For example free shipping or $5 off for example. Can't use both.

Anyway on another note its not used game sales but as a reminder all stores are giving free rentals for the month of June. Whether you have a kid in kindergarten or your in college everyone qualifies. Only item that is excluded is the one day rental new release movies. All video games can be rented for FREE!!! Any questions feel free to pm me.

Does anybody know where I can find a copy of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock? I went to three different stores around me yesterday and none has a copy for sale. I really want this game and would be willing to pay someone via paypal if they can pick this up and ship it to me. If anybody can, please PM me.

[quote name='brownda1']Does anybody know where I can find a copy of Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock? I went to three different stores around me yesterday and none has a copy for sale. I really want this game and would be willing to pay someone via paypal if they can pick this up and ship it to me. If anybody can, please PM me.[/QUOTE]

While I can't get you this game (already looked) anyone can pm me.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']It get's mixed reactions from people. I know some who hated it and I know some who enjoyed it. Considering I've enjoyed a lot of games that have a bad rap I picked it up too but haven't touched it yet. People here buy far worse games for $10[/QUOTE]

playing it now, was in my backlog and actually a good game. Once you get in the story and configuring your weapons and armor its like an RPG for special ops, well worth $10 bucks.

just wanted to chime in that every order i've placed thru the site, has always been taken care of legitimately, and while it might take anywhere from 6 days to 2 weeks (in cali, nowhere near their b & m stores) they always come thru as advertised; the ratio is favoring full package, but on occasion, there'll be disc + case games, and the condition is always very good to minty, and that's on 360 games... ps3 games are always immaculate; and a shout-out to our man in the east, mrright4you4now, he's a gentleman and a scholar when it comes to dealing with us cag's, the man has the patience of a saint...

[quote name='Agent 0017']just wanted to chime in that every order i've placed thru the site, has always been taken care of legitimately, and while it might take anywhere from 6 days to 2 weeks (in cali, nowhere near their b & m stores) they always come thru as advertised; the ratio is favoring full package, but on occasion, there'll be disc + case games, and the condition is always very good to minty, and that's on 360 games... ps3 games are always immaculate; and a shout-out to our man in the east, mrright4you4now, he's a gentleman and a scholar when it comes to dealing with us cag's, the man has the patience of a saint...[/QUOTE]

The people who mail out the online orders seem to only have two speeds. It will either get mailed at 9am the day after you order it or .......... like a week later. 90% of the time its the next day but I will admit sometimes it makes me wonder if they work 5 days a week or just on Mondays. As for that guy being a saint I hear he's pretty cool too :cool:

alright, sorry for the Tuesday updates instead of Monday again...long work shifts...anyway...to answer a few question above...as always check the OP PLEASE before asking redundant questions....that's why some people are ignoring questions such as "why doesn't this price match what you tell me online"

as far as updates are concerned there were a few additions on the front just added....stores are also considered to be sold out of a few others (skate 3, just cause 2 for the 360, and mafia 2, nfs: hot pursuti for the ps3)

good luck everyone and thanks for checking the post again....time to get back to e3 and hope nintendo has a more interesting showing than the other 2 :/

In consideration for such games as Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm, what are the odds they'll show up with the online access vouchers? $20 is what I'd spend on either game, but not if they're not gonna show up without the voucher.

[quote name='hamberger']In consideration for such games as Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm, what are the odds they'll show up with the online access vouchers? $20 is what I'd spend on either game, but not if they're not gonna show up without the voucher.[/QUOTE]

I think you have one to many negatives in there. If I followed it correctly thats a triple negative not a double meaning you really want the game without the vouchers.

50/50 shot though about the voucher, because these are fulfilled by individual stores it depends on how that store does things with their passes.

[quote name='XT14']alright, sorry for the Tuesday updates instead of Monday again...long work shifts...anyway...to answer a few question above...as always check the OP PLEASE before asking redundant questions....that's why some people are ignoring questions such as "why doesn't this price match what you tell me online"

as far as updates are concerned there were a few additions on the front just added....stores are also considered to be sold out of a few others (skate 3, just cause 2 for the 360, and mafia 2, nfs: hot pursuti for the ps3)

good luck everyone and thanks for checking the post again....time to get back to e3 and hope nintendo has a more interesting showing than the other 2 :/[/QUOTE]
Checked the OP but I couldn't see the forrest for the trees.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I think you have one to many negatives in there. If I followed it correctly thats a triple negative not a double meaning you really want the game without the vouchers.[/QUOTE]

Can you please give me a grammar lesson and point out exactly where each and every error I made was?

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I think you have one to many negatives in there. If I followed it correctly thats a triple negative not a double meaning you really want the game without the vouchers.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='hamberger']Can you please give me a grammar lesson and point out exactly where each and every error I made was?[/QUOTE][quote name='hamberger']In consideration for such games as Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm, what are the odds they'll show up with the online access vouchers? $20 is what I'd spend on either game, but not if they're not gonna show up without the voucher.[/QUOTE]

There you go... In red.

[quote name='mr rico college']And I don't an ysee the games mentioned in the OP, can we close this thread please.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping you're just kidding. But if not...

While I applaud you for actually looking at the OP, maybe you should actually read it a little more. It explains right there why there may be trouble finding some of the stuff.

I post deals typically every Monday or Tuesday. These are for the B&M stores but *USUALLY* are matched online as well.
Online titles update on Wednesday Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

haha well I think we know what hamberger was getting at. Basically yes...vouchers being in there is kind of hit and miss....if you're lucky enough to have a B&M store locally you will have the best luck.

Also please I repeat if you are able to take the time to post a comment....you are able to read the OP....there is a FAQs section...and the reason I post things in bold at the top is because I figured they would be the easiest to spot....

I am up for suggestions though if there would be something that would improve this thread... NeuralFizz I have to admit your comment did make me laugh....perhaps i'm just making things difficult to find...by hiding them in plain site...hmmm

[quote name='XT14']haha well I think we know what hamberger was getting at. Basically yes...vouchers being in there is kind of hit and miss....if you're lucky enough to have a B&M store locally you will have the best luck.

Also please I repeat if you are able to take the time to post a comment....you are able to read the OP....there is a FAQs section...and the reason I post things in bold at the top is because I figured they would be the easiest to spot....

I am up for suggestions though if there would be something that would improve this thread... NeuralFizz I have to admit your comment did make me laugh....perhaps i'm just making things difficult to find...by hiding them in plain site...hmmm[/QUOTE]

I think that the thread is great the way it is... Now if only we could get your hours slimmed down so you can make it on Mondays to post any updates ;) But seriously, keep up the good work... This probably one of my personal top 5 favorite deal threads.

[quote name='XT14']haha well I think we know what hamberger was getting at. Basically yes...vouchers being in there is kind of hit and miss....if you're lucky enough to have a B&M store locally you will have the best luck.

I am up for suggestions though if there would be something that would improve this thread... NeuralFizz I have to admit your comment did make me laugh....perhaps i'm just making things difficult to find...by hiding them in plain site...hmmm[/QUOTE]
Heh, I know it makes me look retarded but I literally read the OP twice trying to find it. I guess posting at work made me overlook it. I wouldn't change it though.

[quote name='comeon83']i thought the price would update wednesday[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 2 is now showing up as avalable at $19.99 for X360

[quote name='Be3fJerky']What is this Groupon code everyone's talking about?[/QUOTE]

There was a deal for Familyvideo on Groupon a while back. $10 for a $20 gift card.

Very proud of myself for holding out on this groupon until nearly the last week and scoring a copy of Dead Space 2. My plan from so many moons ago has finally come to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back