Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh and p.s. for anyone interested in getting the dragon age II that's on the list...i can almost guarantee that you will not get a used copy of the signature edition of the game....I know my store didn't get any of those copies...unless someone else's store wants to chime in that they did?

we usually get limited edition copies if they are considered first run (crysis 2/ nfs: hp2) but not sure how this one got stuck in there....haha

[quote name='AEJustin1']here's hoping for Fight Night to drop to $20 this week :) please, please, please! lol[/QUOTE]

I'd definitely be in for Fight Night at $20.

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']Does Family Video ever sale used PSP games?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Until we started carrying DS games they swore there wouldn't be any handheld games being rented in the store. It shows how soft PSP sales are that I get asked maybe once a month at my store about it.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Is there any chance I could find the PS3 edition (Dead Space 2) for $20?[/QUOTE]

Highly doubt it. Stores don't get a whole lot of copies of PS3 games so the odds of one going up for sale would be unlikely. Could happen but I wouldn't gamble on it happening anytime soon.

[quote name='XT14']oh and p.s. for anyone interested in getting the dragon age II that's on the list...i can almost guarantee that you will not get a used copy of the signature edition of the game....I know my store didn't get any of those copies...unless someone else's store wants to chime in that they did?

we usually get limited edition copies if they are considered first run (crysis 2/ nfs: hp2) but not sure how this one got stuck in there....haha[/QUOTE]

I know my store just got the regular edition of Dragon Age 2. Was hoping we would get the signature edition so I could sell my preorder and buy one from the store used later on but kept it just for the shiny disc.

sorry everyone, nothing this week. With all the new games coming out this week, i'm surprised they didn't have any to sell off to make room, perhaps next week...cya then!

[quote name='XT14']sorry everyone, nothing this week. With all the new games coming out this week, i'm surprised they didn't have any to sell off to make room, perhaps next week...cya then![/QUOTE]

Of course there will be some good price drops next week since the groupon codes expire Wednesday.

to respond to a few people above...yeah we don't carry psp games...but every once and again family video buys out a stores wares (if a blockbuster or hollywood video goes out for instance) so I have seen a few stores in my area with rogue psp titles in the for sale bins which is funny....

also i doubt corporate even payed attention to the groupon after they signed the deal to have it....so even though it seems that they'd have no good deals right before it expires, i seriously doubt there was any thought to it..lol

and lastly AC: brotherhood to 9.95..yah...crazy talk for now! come again after summer for that!

went to my local store to get a copy of NCAA Football 11 but they didn't have any for sale. They have 2 copies for rent and both were checked out at the time. Looks like I'll be ordering online.

got bulletstorm for $20 the disc is brand new i wonder if any1 even rented it hahah. this thread is legit keep up the good work XT14 your the man

Once again go to my local FV only to find that they have the games higher than this thread says they should be and they know nothing of the price drops.

This has happened at least 10x. I am done with store for good.

[quote name='mrg']Once again go to my local FV only to find that they have the games higher than this thread says they should be and they know nothing of the price drops.

This has happened at least 10x. I am done with store for good.[/QUOTE]
Of course they don't 'know' about the price drops. I'd be pretty surprised if you had some gamer working behind the counter that was on the up-and-up. There's a couple of those types in this thread and surely there can't be too many out there in the Family Video chain. I can't walk into Kmart or Best Buy or anywhere and say "So, what games dropped in price today?" Of course they won't 'know.'

The question is did you ask them to check the master games list? If you didn't, then it was you who wasted 10+ trips out there.

Wow... Mario Sports Mix seems like a good deal. I will definitely have to check that out. There's a store near me but I have never even stepped foot in it.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Of course they don't 'know' about the price drops. I'd be pretty surprised if you had some gamer working behind the counter that was on the up-and-up. There's a couple of those types in this thread and surely there can't be too many out there in the Family Video chain. I can't walk into Kmart or Best Buy or anywhere and say "So, what games dropped in price today?" Of course they won't 'know.'

The question is did you ask them to check the master games list? If you didn't, then it was you who wasted 10+ trips out there.[/QUOTE]

Both ends are correct to a point. Prices should be correct at the store he goes into. It's frustrating when people just don't pay attention to their job. I had to argue with a lady in walmart today how Zelda on the 3DS comes out today (Sunday) she said new games don't come out until Tuesday. After arguing for a second on how first party nintendo games come out on sunday's typically I decided I might as well just been speaking to the wind. It isn't hard to keep games updated every week, i'm not sure why some stores have issues with it (please use the contact form if so)

On the flip side if you do check my thread, you should know that like the others said. If you want the deal, you may need to put a couple minutes work into it and just ask about the main Used Game Sales List. Be a Cheap Ass and save your money. Don't spend it in gas going back and forth expecting people who haven't posted something correctly in the past to magically have changed their act with no feedback or anything.

Good luck all and hopefully will have some new things to post this week!

If anyone has any problems and they give you a line of not knowing where to look or their not sure tell them you can walk them through it.
Start, Internet, Ecommerce. Then at the top of the ecommerce page click the printables tab. Go all the way to the bottom under the game info you will see a used game master sell list.

I know the only time there has ever been an issue at my store it was because a new employee just didn't know where to find the list while I was on vacation.

As a side note if you have problems with your stores call and talk to the store manager. 9 out of 10 times if you call Monday in the morning after they open the manager will be there because we have to do our weekend paperwork. If you don't bring it to their attention it can only be assumed that their doing just fine. I would want a customer to tell me if I had a part timer that was an ass when I wasn't around no matter how much I might like them personally.

Haven't ordered from here in a while so It surprised to me to see they still had stickers around the disc ring for each game. Should I remove them or will leaving them on have no negative effect?

leaving them on will have no negative effect as it doesn't cover the entire disc like in the old days. taking them off though without using something to clean the resedue off could cause some problems in your player.

XT14,
I went and reread the OP and your FAQs again to make sure I am remembering everything correct for whenever the next time I go in is.
In the section where you talk about the selling of the ROGO copies down to one and select the last copy of select titles, does the master games list outline every game and say whether it is to be sold out of or not?

I ask because a couple weeks ago or months ago when I was in once, I was on the prowl for the ROGO games. There was one I really wanted, so I asked about it and the cashier said that if there was only one, then they couldn't sell it. Now, maybe he could have checked on those prior because there were some that he wanted or something, so he could have known off the top of his head. Would every game have guidance? I know you said that if there is a 5* and it's renting well, they don't have to sell any, but outside of that, is any part of it up to the manager at all?

I can't remember if it was Dynasty Warriors Gundam or some other game that mrright checked on a while ago and said there were none in his area. But using DW: Gundam as an example: If I took DW: Gundam up to the register and it was the only copy and had a ROGO sticker on it and no price sticker, is that specific game going to be on the master games list or some other list for them to check? And if it is on the list, will it designate how many copies they should sell down to or out of? If it does somehow say that they are authorized to sell the last copy of this game, is there any excuse why they could still say it's not for sale? And with a game not as old and with more than one copy, NFS: Hot Pursuit for another example: If there are 8 copies of this game and none are for sale, but the list says sell down to 3, then do they have to sell the other 5 copies or can they just say "Yeah, we don't have any for sale. They're all rentals."
Quite a few pages back, at least in April, mrright was saying that there are very few restrictions in place to prevent them from selling a game and most managers should want to sell something.

Sorry for the long post and asking the same questions multiple times, but I really try to be polite with anyone I come across in public and I don't want to come off like an ass when I start asking them to check their list and stuff. I want to phrase my questions right and everything. I don't want to be rude to them.

Question for those who have both Marvel vs. Capcom and Mortal Kombat on Xbox 360:

How does the lag compare between the two games?

I hear Marvel has a lot of lag. I own Mortal Kombat and the lag in it was bad for a while, but the patch this week improved the lag tremendously.

[quote name='wEEman33']Question for those who have both Marvel vs. Capcom and Mortal Kombat on Xbox 360:

How does the lag compare between the two games?

I hear Marvel has a lot of lag. I own Mortal Kombat and the lag in it was bad for a while, but the patch this week improved the lag tremendously.[/QUOTE]

I have Marvel on 360 and I've hardly ever experienced lag. The only time I did was when I was playing against someone who was downloading torrents at the same time and even then, it wasn't game breaking.

Gonna wait a bit on Socom. $20 seems like a trigger pulled on that.

Also, still a lot of $10 stuff at my local store. Might go back on Sunday to kill some dough.

okay to answer the above question from a few posts ago (not going to requote it) there was a list of games posted not too long ago of ROGO games that we were able to sell even the last copy of. I know the list isn't on the Master Game sales list and won't be able to be quickly accessed by most employees unfortunately. There weren't many gems on there anyway if any. Everything was mostly sports games from past that have no reason to stick around so we can get rid of them. Every ROGO game though that has more than one copy will be for sale though...no restrictions.

To answer the second question in there. Although they have recently added to the sale list a little title that says *if a game is renting really well you may want to price less for sale compared to what the list says* it shouldn't really apply to most things unlesss I put the note above. So yes if there were 8 copies of NFS: Hot Pursuit for sale, unless all 8 were constantly rented out they should all be priced down to 3. So although there is that little script that says *technically* we don't have to sell this item....there should be no reason why a store should not have it for sale or not want to sell it unless it is purely for reasons of laziness.

[quote name='Jeff Stephen']Anyone care to comment on the condition of used games? First time buyer here.[/QUOTE]I ordered Dead Space 2 about 2 weeks ago. (Came with manual) It's a 2 disc game and disc 2 had been shipped ruined by a dreaded ring of death scratch. (someone moved an xbox while disc was spinning) I emailed the same day and they promptly sent a replacement envelope to send it back, but before I got a chance to ship it back they already sent me another copy which was great condition and not only included the manual but the online pass code (you need this to play online, can be bought separately online) and dragon age 2 armor code vouchers!

I have ordered from them before and this is the first time I've had an issue. But it was quickly resolved and I came out better after it. So thumbs up.

The last time I bought something from Family Video was EA MMA and it was complete with manual and an unused online pass.

Hey guys this is my first time buying from Family Video also. How is the condition of the cases for the games? Do they rent them out as well as the manuals?

the cases are usually in really great condition as they sit at the store. I just ordered NCAA Football 11 (360) and Jackass 3 (dvd) last night/this morning on the website since none of the stores here have any for sale :/

Last edited by a moderator:
just ordered Dead Space 2. I wanted to order Assassin's Creed Brotherhood as well but couldn't find it on the used games list anymore..those two games for 40 bucks and some change would've been quite the steal.

i've ordered several games from them. overall very happy. discs in very good condition as well as the cases. manuals are a 50/50 chance. Look forward to many more dvd/game purchases.

I can vouch for Family Video as well. Great store, and they resurface or just buff?? the games when you buy them at checkout.

Great place to pick up DVDs too. I found Animatrix and some other stuff 2 for $4.

I picked up Nier for I think $9.97 at the Champlin,MN store today. It didn't have the manual, but it had the Square Enix code which I haven't checked to see if it works yet. I'll do it later when I have more time.
which reminds me, I have to register those still

I also bought a Persona 3 at the Menomonie, WI store for $5 (no manual), and flipped it on ebay for $10.

I hope Family Video doesn't close. The closest one to my parents house is 22.7 miles, and the one closest to my house is 15 miles. Too far to drive to rent stuff, but perfect if you're buying stuff.

[quote name='2DMention']I also bought a Persona 3 at the Menomonie, WI store for $5 (no manual), and flipped it on ebay for $10. [/QUOTE]
Awwww....lucky.
My copy of Persona 3 got jacked by someone when I was in Korea and I still haven't been able to replace it. I have the artbook and case sitting on my PS2 shelf, but it's empty.

:cry: I didn't even manage to put an hour into the game before someone asked if they could 'borrow' it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back