Official Family Video Used Game Sales! (Thread no longer updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XT14

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread.

Sorry, but I am no longer going to be posting the latest updates here due to me not working with the company any longer and having a difficult time getting regular updates.

Shipping is 1.99 flat for entire transaction.

Links:
CURRENT COUPON CODE: none
FAQs:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ans: Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Ans: Sorry chances are it isn't for sale, we usually leave a few for rent..but doesn't hurt to ask an employee Just in Case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Ans: Although it's one company and prices *usually* match..there are times when they don't or might be sold out. Sorry

Do games come with manuals/box? Ans: All games come with original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? Ans: All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is very helpful also with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? Ans: No this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to it's last few copies of a game, it should be for sale. If they will not sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have continued problems with a store please check this link to help you out and help our company to improve. https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be for sale.
Listings with a (5*) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale, ask staff for assistance.

:360: :ps3:*NEWEST UPDATES as of 06/25* :wii: :ps2:

*Additions*
Xbox 360:
Prototype 2 29.95 (4)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE 29.95 (3)

PS3:
Prototype 2 29.95 (2)

*Price Drops*
Xbox 360:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (5)
SSX 19.95 (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken 19.95 (2)

PS3:
Battlefield 3 19.95 (2)

Other titles still for sale

360 :360:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5*)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (2)
Mass Effect 3 (3)
Ninja Gaiden 3 (2)
Prototype 2 (4)
Saints Row: The Third (5*)
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings EE (3)
UFC: Undisputed 3

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revelations (4)
Batman: Arkham City (5)
Battlefield 3 (5)
Darkness 2 (2)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2)
Gears of War 3 (5)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (2)
Halo: Anniversary (2)
Madden NFL 12 (4)
NCAA Football 12 (2)
Need for Speed: The Run (2)
Soul Calibur 5 (2)
SSX (2)
Street Fighter X Tekken (2)
Syndicate (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
Brink (2)
Bulletstorm (2)
Duke Nukem Forever (2)
FEAR 3 (3)
LA Noire (2)
MLB 2K11 (1)
Rage (2)
Red Faction-Amargeddon (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental 9.95 is (1)

All Titles Below $4.95
Halo 3: Multiplayer Map Pack *NOTE
Stores will be selling surplus copies of this disc from ODST (surplus meaning if the store has more copies of the map packs than there are ODST titles to go along with it due to damaged or unreturned items) You may want to ask stores for details as they may be priced in bargain bins outside of the game room as well

PS3 :ps3:
All Titles Below $29.95
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (5)
Prototype 2 (2)
Saints Row: The Third (3)

All Titles Below $19.95
Assassins Creed: Revalations (2)
Batman: Arkham City (2)
Battlefield 3 (2)
Madden NFL 12 (2)

All Titles Below $9.95
MLB 11: The Show (1)
Rage (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

Wii :wii:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 19.95 (2)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 19.95 (2)
Fortune Street 19.95 (2)
Just Dance 3 19.95 (3)

Just Dance 2 9.95 (2)
Just Dance: Summer Party 9.95 (2)
Any Rent 1 Get 1 Free Rental is 9.95 (1)

PS2 :ps2:
If store has 2+ Copies of Most Newer Games (Regular Rentals, YMMV) 7.95
All Remaining 5 Night MVG .99 Cent Rentals 2.95

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals for 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's quick and free.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright, well this week I just got to Japan and will be here at least a year... so don't have the contact at my store at the moment utnil I set up my internet/phone...so if I could get mrright4you4now to PM me or post the updates here...or anyone else from familyvideo. I will try to keep things updated here soon when everything gets taken care of....I might have to see if someone else can regularly update the thread if it becomes too much a hassel....so hope everything gets covered this week and will try to update soon!

[quote name='XT14']alright, well this week I just got to Japan and will be here at least a year... so don't have the contact at my store at the moment utnil I set up my internet/phone...so if I could get mrright4you4now to PM me or post the updates here...or anyone else from familyvideo. I will try to keep things updated here soon when everything gets taken care of....I might have to see if someone else can regularly update the thread if it becomes too much a hassel....so hope everything gets covered this week and will try to update soon![/QUOTE]

Thank you for the great work you have done and enjoy Japan my good sir.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Awwww....lucky.
My copy of Persona 3 got jacked by someone when I was in Korea and I still haven't been able to replace it. I have the artbook and case sitting on my PS2 shelf, but it's empty.

:cry: I didn't even manage to put an hour into the game before someone asked if they could 'borrow' it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I really lucked out on that one, but I kind of need the money, so I had to sell it on the bay.

Great game. Haven't played it on the PSP yet. Got a hellacious backlog right now....

Dropped by a Family Video store for the first time, picked up a black label copy of Disgaea: Hour of Darkness complete for $4.95. Disc is in mint condition. :bouncy:

So, since we haven't had an official update in a couple weeks, has anyone noticed price drops in stores? I'm hoping for NFS:HP and RDR:UN to finally drop to $9.95.

[quote name='TobesOfHades']So, since we haven't had an official update in a couple weeks, has anyone noticed price drops in stores? I'm hoping for NFS:HP and RDR:UN to finally drop to $9.95.[/QUOTE]

i will probably run by my store sometime this weekend. I will take a look as I really want to pick up NFS at $10...

:360: Green Lantern is 29.99

Most of the games with a "buy it" price have been pulled at my local FV and there are signs advertising a sale at the end of July, with games and movies as low as $2.. Hmmmm....

Stopped at a local store yesterday and the only 2 updates I notice was Fight Night Champion(360) was now $20 and Red Faction: Armageddon(360) was $30, which is new to the list

Thank you for this thread. Was waiting on a pizza that had a family dollar next door. So I decided to check ou used game prices. Low and behold my local family dollar rents 3d movies. Just what I wanted.

So, another week without an update from XT14. Will anyone else from FamilyVideo step up and take over, or will this thread wither and die?

The only other person that would know would be MrRight, but I haven't seen him post in awhile. Other than that... We just will have to survive the CAG way with users posting updates as they find them. You know, the way that this site works and has been successful for the past 9 years now.

As much as I would have loved to take over for you guys I am no longer with the company after 5 years. I did ask a couple other coworkers to post stuff on here but seeing as how it hasn't happened yet I guess none of them are going to be stepping up to the plate to fill in for XT or myself.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']As much as I would have loved to take over for you guys I am no longer with the company after 5 years. I did ask a couple other coworkers to post stuff on here but seeing as how it hasn't happened yet I guess none of them are going to be stepping up to the plate to fill in for XT or myself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for trying to get the info posted. And more importantly, I think I speak for the entire crew of people who follow this thread in saying that hopefully all works out for you employment-wise.

Stopped into the Family Video by my house today and the only drop I noticed was Homefront for $20. This is now up on the website and it also looks like Marvel vs Capcom 3 is back instock on the website as well.

Has anyone had any luck picking up unstickered PS2 games? There are a few I've been watching and it seems I missed out on a copy of Suikoden V already. Would like to find a way to convince them to let go of a few.

Have fun in Japan XT!

Saw Duke Nukem and LA Noire for $29.99 today, too.

Sadly, Crysis still holding at $29.99. C'mon! Drop already!

EDIT: Whoop. Mortal Kombat was $39.99, too.

noticed these prices today when I went into the store. All are for 360.

$29.95
L.A. Noire
Duke Nukem
Red Faction

$9.95

Medal of Honor

[quote name='strait edge follower'][quote name='Tsel']I'm surprised L.A. Noire dropped so quickly.[/QUOTE

I'm not, its flooding the used market fast so its value drops quickly[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean just at Family Video. I meant in general. This seemed like one of those games that would hold it's value for a while.

[quote name='Tsel'][quote name='strait edge follower']

I didn't mean just at Family Video. I meant in general. This seemed like one of those games that would hold it's value for a while.[/QUOTE]

Yea i thought so too but with the trend of games (3'rd party releases in particular) going on sale and getting cheaper faster then ever it doesnt surprise me that this is happening. Well its good for us !

[quote name='strait edge follower'][quote name='Tsel']

Yea i thought so too but with the trend of games (3'rd party releases in particular) going on sale and getting cheaper faster then ever it doesnt surprise me that this is happening. Well its good for us ![/QUOTE]

The truth is any game that lacks a great multi-player seems to drop faster than one that does. Once the game is over...especially such a story driven game like LAN people just lose interest in keeping it around to replay.

alright everyone...sorry for the long delay...i finally got internet here in Japan last week (took as everyone can see over 3 weeks to accomplish)....not sure what the deal is with the fast society here being so slow in some things...but at any rate...i will be updating things here again shortly as long as I can figure out a good system to get the updates stringing in on my end...sorry for the delay again....I will try to update things this week soon to make it more relevant....the next week I will be visiting tokyo for a week for vacation...but should be back to the grind after that....thanks to everyone who checked out the thread in the past and hopefully I haven't lost too many of you in my absense

[quote name='XT14']alright everyone...sorry for the long delay...i finally got internet here in Japan last week (took as everyone can see over 3 weeks to accomplish)....not sure what the deal is with the fast society here being so slow in some things...but at any rate...i will be updating things here again shortly as long as I can figure out a good system to get the updates stringing in on my end...sorry for the delay again....I will try to update things this week soon to make it more relevant....the next week I will be visiting tokyo for a week for vacation...but should be back to the grind after that....thanks to everyone who checked out the thread in the past and hopefully I haven't lost too many of you in my absense[/QUOTE]

Welcome back. I'm sure a lot of people are appreciative of your work in here.

Welcome Back YAY!!!

On a side note: I finally got around to playing the Crackdown 2 i purchased for the 1st time. Guess what? Damn disc wouldn't play past the opening video and wouldn't install. The shitty thing is, the disc didn't even look that bad.

Thank goodness i got some of that Scratch Out from BBV (I don't know why they call it that since it actually adds scratches to the disc). It works now so i'm good. I would recommend installing anything you get from them to be sure it works even if the disc looks good.

[quote name='sgr76']Welcome Back YAY!!!

On a side note: I finally got around to playing the Crackdown 2 i purchased for the 1st time. Guess what? Damn disc wouldn't play past the opening video and wouldn't install. The shitty thing is, the disc didn't even look that bad.

Thank goodness i got some of that Scratch Out from BBV (I don't know why they call it that since it actually adds scratches to the disc). It works now so i'm good. I would recommend installing anything you get from them to be sure it works even if the disc looks good.[/QUOTE]

I do this with any used games I buy, first thing. I wish the ps3 had the same type of option, though is pretty hard to scratch them blu-rays.

[quote name='sgr76']Welcome Back YAY!!!

Thank goodness i got some of that Scratch Out from BBV (I don't know why they call it that since it actually adds scratches to the disc). It works now so i'm good. I would recommend installing anything you get from them to be sure it works even if the disc looks good.[/QUOTE]

If anything like that ever happens run it under some warm water and wipe it off with a soft cloth. The machine that the stores use sometimes leaves residue on the disc and if that happens it won't load at all or will give you a problem like you said. It will usually look just fine but if you look at it really close in the sunlight it will look like there's a layer of film on it.

alright, updates are in, whole page has been updated to reflect pricing, sorry not sure which is the newest title to update in price...but will be back next time for that

[quote name='Tsel']Such a shame I paid full retail for New Vegas. 9.95 is a steal for that game.[/QUOTE]

yah and most stores should have the original slip cover for it too I would guess...mine did at least....but I also paid full retail for the game...well minus amazon credits at the time I think...but didn't touch it until 2 weeks ago or so....wish I would have waited..haha

Just picked up SOCOM 4 for $19.95 today.

Disc and case were in awesome shape and even came with an unused Socom PRO code. The code alone retails for $15 on the PSN store.

This is the best price I've seen so far for Shadows of The Damned. Been really wanting it and heard really great things, just dont know if I wanna spend $30 on any game right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back