Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

Someone put up a disc only of Prototype.
So i have spare points and wanna play to get ready for 2.
He lets the trade time out or cancels it. Hooray.

I still enjoy using Goozex, but activity has certainly decreased back from when I first joined.

I used to game primarily on DS, but now it's Steam. The good thing about that is I can get a zillion games for $50 during the summer and winter sales. Digital distribution killed the radio? Er, I mean, Goozex?

Damn it, man! Another cancelled trade today! At least the seller was honest about the condition of the game (scratches, game freezes), but he could have tested it prior to accepting the trade and marking it "in the mail". I suppose I can forgive him/her this time, since they are a new user.

do you guys think 7 days left is too soon to mark a negative for not receiving a game if the guy never marked it as shipped and won't reply to my pm from 3 days ago?

[quote name='mightymek']do you guys think 7 days left is too soon to mark a negative for not receiving a game if the guy never marked it as shipped and won't reply to my pm from 3 days ago?[/QUOTE]

I always wait until I get the email from goozex asking me if I got the game before i give a negative.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I'm down to 1000 points and 2 trade credits. I'm almost out! :) Now If I get my 2 requests I have in the next month or so I'll be happy.[/QUOTE]

im down to around 13600 after having close to 24000 pts early 2010...

lack of DS/PSP games really hurts me from trading in 4 games im sitting on right now that could fetch me 2800 pts.. if i knew i would get higher games i would trade them but no reason to trade them when no1 even list anything anymore handheld

RANK 94 on some VITA games

[quote name='GizmoGC']What, you mean ZERO Vita games and 1 $10 3DS Game isn't enough?

The site is dead. Stick a fork in it.[/QUOTE]

someone had to pull their stock the last few days

DS/PSP games went from 149 down to 77

now its offically over..

glad i got some good stuff in the last 6 months before it finally flopped does suck in a way having 14k points though (then again could of had 22K)

last 3 months grabbed)

March 26, 2012
Points spent for the purchase of Married...With Children - The Complete Second Season (3-DVD Set)
Points spent for the purchase of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2-400
Points spent for the purchase of Code Monkeys: Season 1 (2-Disc Set)-100
Points spent for the purchase of Jewel Master Egypt-100
Points spent for the purchase of LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game-400
Points spent for the purchase of Texas Hold 'Em Poker Pack-100
Points spent for the purchase of Cooking Mama-100
Points spent for the purchase of Sonic Rivals 2 ---250
Points spent for the purchase of LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars-450
Points spent for the purchase of Power Play Tennis-100
Points spent for the purchase of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn-500
Points spent for the purchase of Zoo Quest-100
Points spent for the purchase of Luminous Arc 2-500
Points spent for the purchase of Professor Layton and the Last Specter-950
Points spent for the purchase of Pokemon Black Version-900

[quote name='slidecage']im down to around 13600 after having close to 24000 pts early 2010...

[/QUOTE]

Holy shit... that's still a lot of points.

Part of me wishes the site was still strong though. I am coming up on some many rarities and hard to find games... but I know when it's over. I've already written off my 2850 points and 5 tokens.

For those of you who've received broken games, how were your trades resolved? I got one that's unplayable, but (of course) the seller claims that it wasn't broken when it was shipped. The disc was firmly enclosed in the case, no other damage to the case nor envelope, but the outer ring of the disc has a crack in it.

First time I've received a broken one, so I'm just wondering what to expect next. Thanks.

[quote name='shieryda']For those of you who've received broken games, how were your trades resolved? I got one that's unplayable, but (of course) the seller claims that it wasn't broken when it was shipped. The disc was firmly enclosed in the case, no other damage to the case nor envelope, but the outer ring of the disc has a crack in it.

First time I've received a broken one, so I'm just wondering what to expect next. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

i got wrestlemania 20 disc set where the dude forgot to put one disc in and got a full refund ... goozex doesnt care about the seller just the buyer

Ive sent out at least 6 games in the last three days. I think its still alive. Ive been making a habbit to bring my trades back. If we dont want it to die. Trade more. Its simple as that.

I just got matched to send the original Call of Duty. Things don't look particularly good but I'll still send games that are requested. Bailing just helps to end things quicker.

[quote name='slidecage']someone had to pull their stock the last few days

DS/PSP games went from 149 down to 77

now its offically over..

glad i got some good stuff in the last 6 months before it finally flopped does suck in a way having 14k points though (then again could of had 22K)

last 3 months grabbed)

March 26, 2012
Points spent for the purchase of Married...With Children - The Complete Second Season (3-DVD Set)
Points spent for the purchase of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2-400
Points spent for the purchase of Code Monkeys: Season 1 (2-Disc Set)-100
Points spent for the purchase of Jewel Master Egypt-100
Points spent for the purchase of LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game-400
Points spent for the purchase of Texas Hold 'Em Poker Pack-100
Points spent for the purchase of Cooking Mama-100
Points spent for the purchase of Sonic Rivals 2 ---250
Points spent for the purchase of LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars-450
Points spent for the purchase of Power Play Tennis-100
Points spent for the purchase of Golden Sun: Dark Dawn-500
Points spent for the purchase of Zoo Quest-100
Points spent for the purchase of Luminous Arc 2-500
Points spent for the purchase of Professor Layton and the Last Specter-950
Points spent for the purchase of Pokemon Black Version-900[/QUOTE]

Wow, went down that much?

The only games available seem to me sport games. Yay...

I've sent 3 things out last week and will be sending more out this week.

About 4500 points in but not really worried since trade numbers have remained relatively the same (actually a little better this week) for the past few months.

It's not goozex from a couple years ago but this site is far from dead.

Hopefully new management later next month will bring some improvements to help the site grow.

Goozex is still a much better option than gamestop.

disc only Suikoden is currently available for 1000pts. Not bad for a "failing" site. If you've got a glut of points to get rid of, I'd just on that.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I hope none of you guys have medical degrees. Your definition of "dead" is somewhat ambiguous.[/QUOTE]

They could always call it a Zombie site :)

[quote name='antlp89']Hopefully new management later next month will bring some improvements to help the site grow.

[/QUOTE]

I kinda think new management will make things worse. Goozex isn't your typical business...

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I hope none of you guys have medical degrees. Your definition of "dead" is somewhat ambiguous.[/QUOTE]

They have Miracle Max on speed dial.

[quote name='antlp89']There's games on goozex that cost 5000 points? :hot:[/QUOTE]

should of said 50 bucks for a game for 25 or something like that lOL

It's odd. I started getting worried about Goozex lately reading what people are saying about the sale and all that, so I activated some games to bring my points down, and got matched very quickly, for newer games (Goldeneye Reloaded and Rayman Origins). I wish we had more information on what will happen with the sale. I still love Goozex, I just don't want to be out money if they fold or something, whether virtual or not, it still stemmed from real money I spent at one time.

I've just been sitting on my 4000+ points for a while. Got a game or two in jan-feb. I bought Alice on ps3 for $10 to flip on goozex but now I may just keep it. I've received a lot of games since joining. I flipped on all my on holds just to burn throufh my 3 tokens. :(

I still use Goozex to flip dvd and dvd box sets that I buy when they are on sale for like $10 or $15.
Can't really sell them and make your money back so to Goozex they go.

Just finishing up S6 of Supernatural and of to Goozex it goes.

I think the core Goozex crowd is still around, and we sure don't want the site to die.

Just got a dvd of The Rescuers Down Under. Yeah, yeah, mock it. But seriously, I've been first in line to get that game since the day they started DVD trading. And I just got it.

I'm happy. :)

[quote name='adriley313']I still use Goozex to flip dvd and dvd box sets that I buy when they are on sale for like $10 or $15.
Can't really sell them and make your money back so to Goozex they go.

Just finishing up S6 of Supernatural and of to Goozex it goes.[/QUOTE]

could of SOLD IT to me instead

I have 6900 points, and haven't received a game in over 6 months. Just waiting in the queues for several games - 10 or 11. Seems like I haven't really moved up in line at all either.

[quote name='mrwogs2']I have 6900 points, and haven't received a game in over 6 months. Just waiting in the queues for several games - 10 or 11. Seems like I haven't really moved up in line at all either.[/QUOTE]

It's because Goozex is dead.

Some people are fooling themselves into thinking it's still good. Yeah, a good place to get 2006 Madden!

Let me guess what that troll just said since I have him on ignore.

"Goozex is dead ad nauseam blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...:puke:."

For someone who hates Goozex so much and wants it to end he sure spends a lot of time in the Goozex thread. What a half-wit.

80 :ps3: gamez "Avaliable Now" on goozex. Probably 1/3-1/2 of them are sports games. Another 10% are PSN titles that you can't really "trade".

Oh well....

[quote name='neocisco']Let me guess what that troll just said since I have him on ignore.

"Goozex is dead ad nauseam blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...:puke:."

For someone who hates Goozex so much and wants it to end he sure spends a lot of time in the Goozex thread. What a half-wit.[/QUOTE]

....and yet, I'm 100% correct. Shame you still think Goozex is "great". Most people bailed.

[quote name='eldergamer']80 :ps3: gamez "Avaliable Now" on goozex. Probably 1/3-1/2 of them are sports games. Another 10% are PSN titles that you can't really "trade".

Oh well....[/QUOTE]

Wii is pretty much shovel ware and Wiiware titles.

[quote name='GizmoGC']....and yet, I'm 100% correct. Shame you still think Goozex is "great". Most people bailed.[/QUOTE]

If you've already bailed, get the fuck out of this thread and let the rest of us enjoy it for what it is.

On topic: I've got about 1500 points left, but most of my games are on hold until I get through some of my backlog. I've got so many sealed games waiting to play it's ridiculous :lol:

[quote name='PR Mega X']If you've already bailed, get the fuck out of this thread and let the rest of us enjoy it for what it is.[/QUOTE]

Was he responding to me? If so, I like how he put "great" in quotes even though I didn't use that term at all. I'm enjoying the irony of him desperately trying to be relevant in a thread that he allegedly has no use for (except to regurgitate the same old crap). He's so self-deluded that he thinks we all believe that Goozex is butterflies and lollipops. Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would read the posts and realize that nearly everyone hear knows that Goozex is not what it used to be. The difference being that those who are still here are willing to stick with it a while longer to see what happens. He's a sad little troll who just can't wait for Goozex to fail so he can say "I told you so, I told you so!". What a sad, pathetic life he must live.

I wish they would let you buy down your position. Maybe every 100 points you can go down one. It would be a way to get people spending points and those who really want a game will spend them.

It's funny how mad you guys get. Goozex is practically dead. Others have been warning you for months. Don't get mad at me because I was right.

But call me a troll. It's cool. I take no offense. Did you grab a copy of Madden 2007 yet? Finally a new game available at Going...going...Gonezex.

[quote name='neocisco']Was he responding to me? [/QUOTE]

Yes sir, he was.

[quote name='GizmoGC']But call me a troll. [/QUOTE]

With pleasure! You're a fucking troll! We know what's going on, we don't need you for anything. But do what you've gotta do -- you are old news, so I'm blocking you in favor of relevant conversation.

Ya know. If you want a new game. Go buy it. Goozex is not my stop for new games. It's a trading site. Yes you will have copies of madden 2007. GameStop has 500 of them. I'd rather pay two bucks and send a game to another gamer instead of getting .75 for a game at GameStop. I hate that place with a passion. Goozex is the next best option. I try trading here but everyone's to worried about scams. So goozex is the best
Option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many people don't really grasp the concept of supply and demand and were unrealistically expecting to get AAA new releases as soon as they were released. When that didn't happen they left in a huff without taking the time to realize where the strength of a concept that's used on Goozex lies. The execution of that concept on the part of the owners has left a lot to be desired but overall there have been more positives than negatives to be had. I've been able to trade away dozens of games that would have only gotten pennies (literally) at GS, assuming they would have even taken them in the first place. I sent out 2 games just yesterday that were requested from me. Even if Goozex shuts down tomorrow and the few points and tokens I still have are gone I've benefited so much over the last several years that it can't really be considered a loss. I don't know of a better trading option (particularly for older games) than Goozex so the idea that people actually want it to shut down is just asinine. Intelligent, reasonable people would want the site to improve, not to go away.

^ I'm in the same boat. Well said. I've played so much more. Stuff I would never have bought. I'm on a one income with two kids. Goozex has allowed me to feed my game adaction without going broke. I have about twenty games in the backlog because of the site. I allways have something to play. It only costs me 2-3 dollars every now and again. I recycle my envolpes that are sent to me as well. I never give gamestop my money and I wish more people would do the same. They are a terrible company and they drove me to goozex. I haven't looked back since.

[quote name='neocisco']Many people don't really grasp the concept of supply and demand and were unrealistically expecting to get AAA new releases as soon as they were released. When that didn't happen they left in a huff without taking the time to realize where the strength of a concept that's used on Goozex lies. The execution of that concept on the part of the owners has left a lot to be desired but overall there have been more positives than negatives to be had. I've been able to trade away dozens of games that would have only gotten pennies (literally) at GS, assuming they would have even taken them in the first place. I sent out 2 games just yesterday that were requested from me. Even if Goozex shuts down tomorrow and the few points and tokens I still have are gone I've benefited so much over the last several years that it can't really be considered a loss. I don't know of a better trading option (particularly for older games) than Goozex so the idea that people actually want it to shut down is just asinine. Intelligent, reasonable people would want the site to improve, not to go away.[/QUOTE]

I'd be pissed to if I sent out a brand new game to someone and had to wait months for a "new" (3+ months old) game in return. Better off trading it into Gamestop for $35 and waiting for the game to price drop 3+ months later. Probably even get a better deal and it would be local. No need to worry about rental artwork, scratches etc. that goozex allows because they suck balls. I got a RENTLA DVD covered in stickers and scratches everywhere and Goozex is 100% fine with that.

Remember everyone, if you don't do it the Gizmo way, you're doing it wrong.

I always love how people always try to be down on something else, if it doesn't work for them. I've received over 400 games on goozex. Games I would have never bought. Some games I'm glad I didn't buy. But I guess that doesn't mean shit cause "the site is dying". I've received a lot of said games too in the time frame that gizmo has been boasting about the site dying as well. But you know, I'm wrong cause I'm not doing it his way.

So basically, fuck off, you really are a troll, you're loving the attention we are giving you, and making you post more. You can call us mad all you want to, but I'd rather be mad at a troll than being a pathetic fuck that only seems to want to post in this thread to get off.

bread's done
Back