Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='slidecage']i had 3 games ready to go out but i moved that back to 1... did not make the cutoff where they gave everyone 2000 free points

before trades went live was like

8 3ds games and 10 vita games

now only 3 ds games and 3 vita games

I highly doubt i will send anything else out just like i thought people just used those 2000 free points to grab up the games and not listing anything in return .[/QUOTE]

Oh well, there will always be people like that. I didn't get the 2K points either but I am trying to rack up some points so I can fuel my request queues, and I just put up a slew of PS3 titles and I don't even have bites on half of them.

I have a good feeling about this new site, the owner seems hands-on and motivated.

[quote name='Vinny']I should try VG5 sometime. I signed up for 99gamers but having actually tried using it...[/QUOTE]

I got uneasy about 99Gamers for some reason, maybe because it the interface is a little too slick but also a little too corporate, like goozex.

I like VG5 because it has that honest homegrown feel. Like as in - the owner seems to care more about making a great trading site then just making a quick buck.

Just my completely subjective two cents.

I'm also going to transition most, if not all of my trading from goozex to VGFive.

I've been a goozex trader for almost 5 years and have over 1000 combined trades so I definitely got my money's worth out of the website.

However with new management under goozex and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any changes in the near future (hasn't been any change for the past 1-2 years) makes this decision a lot easier.

With VGFive trading underway as of Friday, I've already been matched for 4 games to be sent to me and a 5th pending trade. Granted, I did sign up with the site early and got good positions on multiple games, but it is nice to have a game trading website that is actually working as advertised. I will be sure to return the favor and send games out when I am matched with other users.

The thing I love most about VGFive is how community friendly the owner is (he was a goozex trader himself). There are forums which the site owner responds to questions and takes feedback. I think open communication with your trading community is one of the most important things in a trading website.

For example, one huge thing VGFive offers over goozex is that fact that you can list games as disk + case if you don't have the manual. With goozex you were forced to list anything without the manual as "disk only". It's something that was requested by the community for years on goozex with no response back. On VGFive the option was implemented on day 1.

Also: Goozex trade tokens cost $2 for new users. VGFive has trade tokens priced at $1 (less than that if you buy bigger bundles).

Really glad to see I have a website that could potentially be goozex 2.0. A couple years back goozex + CAG was the best combo for videogame deals out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='antlp89']I'm also going to transition most, if not all of my trading from goozex to VGFive.

I've been a goozex trader for almost 5 years and have over 1000 combined trades so I definitely got my money's worth out of the website.

However with new management under goozex and the fact that there doesn't seem to be any changes in the near future (hasn't been any change for the past 1-2 years) makes this decision a lot easier.

With VGFive trading underway as of Friday, I've already been matched for 4 games to be sent to me and a 5th pending trade. Granted, I did sign up with the site early and got good positions on multiple games, but it is nice to have a game trading website that is actually working as advertised. I will be sure to return the favor and send games out when I am matched with other users.

The thing I love most about VGFive is how community friendly the owner is (he was a goozex trader himself). There are forums which the site owner responds to questions and takes feedback. I think open communication with your trading community is one of the most important things in a trading website.

For example, one huge thing VGFive offers over goozex is that fact that you can list games as disk + case if you don't have the manual. With goozex you were forced to list anything without the manual as "disk only". It's something that was requested by the community for years on goozex with no response back. On VGFive the option was implemented on day 1.

Also: Goozex trade tokens cost $2 for new users. VGFive has trade tokens priced at $1 (less than that if you buy bigger bundles).

Really glad to see I have a website that could potentially be goozex 2.0. A couple years back goozex + CAG was the best combo for videogame deals out there.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's almost fun to be part of an active trading community. After Xmas, I have a feeling I'm going to be elbows deep in titles I got on the cheap.

Just joined vgfive. Pretty cool so far. I think the owner should sell points right now though. There is no points in the system. No points means I cant sell my stuff. stuff not moving is goozex. lol. Maybe only allow each account to buy 500-1000 points

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Just joined vgfive. Pretty cool so far. I think the owner should sell points right now though. There is no points in the system. No points means I cant sell my stuff. stuff not moving is goozex. lol. Maybe only allow each account to buy 500-1000 points[/QUOTE]

He gave away some points on black Friday but he stated that doesn't want to sell points regularly, I'm assuming it's to avoid point inflation/point bloat.

FWIW I put in 7 game offers and already got matched for 3, if you're just putting up older titles then I wouldn't expect those to move as fast...

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Joined VGFive as well, but really worried to get to invested in it only to lose a bunch of points, just like Goozex.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's going anywhere - the owner seems on top of it and the site is pretty nice - that's alot of effort to goto so I don't think he's going to let it flop anytime soon. You can see for yourself that there are many titles available - heck I still have games up for offer that haven't been snatched so I think now is a great time to start trading on the site.

Do we have a VGFive thread on CAG yet? I feel like we should have one, and move all the comments about that site from this thread. Just to clean it up.

vgfive and 99gamers the only options? They both look iffy to me. Anything that's been around for awhile? Only reason I trusted Goozex is because they had a sign up bonus so I was able to test it for free. If I have to pay without testing, I'd rather it be a site that has some experience.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']stuff not moving is goozex. lol.[/QUOTE]
After about six years, the name finally makes sense!

I'm officially at zero and zero now; sayonara mollassex!

[quote name='bob101910']vgfive and 99gamers the only options? They both look iffy to me. Anything that's been around for awhile? Only reason I trusted Goozex is because they had a sign up bonus so I was able to test it for free. If I have to pay without testing, I'd rather it be a site that has some experience.[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that.

I'm on VGFive and loving it. I already gotten my first point for sending out games and reserved some choice spots in the queues. Get in now before the queue for hot games gets too long.

Just on a lark, I went to look at my goozex history. Last thing I received was Uncharted 2. January, 2012.
Nothing since. Shipped some things out in March but nothing since then.

So the seller saw the "neutral" feedback I gave for getting the Xbox game postage due and accepted it. Interesting that the game doesn't show up in my signature even though I mentioned the game and case were in good condition.

Are VGFive and 99gamers better for old games or new games? I have some PS2 games that didn't sell during a lowball and I don't know where I should trade them in. I'm comfortable with 1800 points at Goozex, but I don't want to have too many points if traffic slows even more than it does now (currently at 620 trades) and I'm stuck.

Someone actually requested The Sum of All Fears-PC from me. It was only 100 points but I gladly sent it out considering that was probably the only way I could get anything at all for it.

I'm still hanging in there for now. I'll see how I feel and how trades are going once I get my points lower.

[quote name='neocisco']Someone actually requested The Sum of All Fears-PC from me. It was only 100 points but I gladly sent it out considering that was probably the only way I could get anything at all for it.

I'm still hanging in there for now. I'll see how I feel and how trades are going once I get my points lower.[/QUOTE]

That was an awesome game. I used to play it online so much and I competed in clan battles. I was #1 at 1v1 and my clan was #1, as well. That should tell you how much time I spent on that game. Man, those were some seriously fun times.

Had to leave a negative for a user that had 0 feedback. Sucks for him to start off on the wrong foot.

Also, trades have finally dipped to below 600. They are at 588 today.

Just got paired up with someone to send me then Alan Wake : Limited Edition.

Plzzzz don't come beat to hell and falling apart lol.

I'm honestly wondering how there's even 600 trades going on. I mean don't get why anyone would still be sending stuff out on Goozex.

I've still got 1,800 points and 3 tokens. I guess I'll have to count that as a loss. I've moved on to VGFive. I tried 99gamers, but not sure I like it.

I'm honestly wondering how there's even 600 trades going on.

Keep in mind that the number of trades go towards movies as well. In fact, I was matched for Star Wars Episode 3 (DVD in full package condition) on Saturday and the person already shipped it. I'm #3 in line for Episode 1.

I activated everything I had around Thanksgiving even if the game was overpriced just to get rid of my remaining points and tokens. Ended up getting 3 games since then which leaves me with 1 token and 300 points. If the site ends up shutting down at least I got my point total down as much as possible.

That 600 trade number is really sad. Does anyone recall what the peak trade number was? I remembered the 8-9000 range, but I'm not even sure any more.

Does anyone know the story of what actually happened with the site after the sale? I can't imagine the company that purchased it intended to just sit back and watch it die.

[quote name='Cage017']So the seller saw the "neutral" feedback I gave for getting the Xbox game postage due and accepted it. Interesting that the game doesn't show up in my signature even though I mentioned the game and case were in good condition.

Are VGFive and 99gamers better for old games or new games? I have some PS2 games that didn't sell during a lowball and I don't know where I should trade them in. I'm comfortable with 1800 points at Goozex, but I don't want to have too many points if traffic slows even more than it does now (currently at 620 trades) and I'm stuck.[/QUOTE]

VGFive has "requested" and "available now" searches that you can run without even being a member, you could use those to see if people want your stuff. I don't see the point of having points at Goozex because I can't use them - I know many others here are in the same boat...

Well, I was going to monitor VGFive and see how things went, but I won the first day of the 12 days of Christmas giveaway, and got 2000 points for free. Bought some tokens and quickly was matched for MW3 and Dance Central 2, while I could have gotten Blops 2 or Halo 4, I passed for cheaper games. MW3 came in the mail today, and I shipped out my first two games today, and matched for a 3rd that I will likely accept. Looks like VGFive is the way to go!

I had a goozex account for about three years with over 70 successful trades (all positive reviews too) and my account was closed by the administrators. I hadn't made a trade in about a year so maybe that's why? Anyway, I don't really care since the site has gone to hell, but some sort of warning or explanation would have been nice.

[quote name='myl0r']Well, I was going to monitor VGFive and see how things went, but I won the first day of the 12 days of Christmas giveaway, and got 2000 points for free. Bought some tokens and quickly was matched for MW3 and Dance Central 2, while I could have gotten Blops 2 or Halo 4, I passed for cheaper games. MW3 came in the mail today, and I shipped out my first two games today, and matched for a 3rd that I will likely accept. Looks like VGFive is the way to go![/QUOTE]

yea lets look at the new places

99 gamers found one game never shipped doubt i will even miss with this over priced site once my tokens are gone

VGfive

Sent out
MK for vita 1000 pts
De blob ps3 650 pts
WON 2000 PTS

Total points 3650

was matched and got today

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom psp limited ed

still have 3150 pts left but i still figure im out ahead since i never played those 2 games i sent in

[quote name='jr233270']I had a goozex account for about three years with over 70 successful trades (all positive reviews too) and my account was closed by the administrators. I hadn't made a trade in about a year so maybe that's why? Anyway, I don't really care since the site has gone to hell, but some sort of warning or explanation would have been nice.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that was a dick move by them... I agree they should have warned you. Did you have points/tokens that you lost?

Yeah, I got the email. We'll see, and I hope they sort their shit out. Also, I hope VGFive grows and thrives while sharing the same marketspace.

[quote name='dfg']Yeah, I got the email. We'll see, and I hope they sort their shit out. Also, I hope VGFive grows and thrives while sharing the same marketspace.[/QUOTE]

of the new places what i see happening

VGFIVE becomes the new goozex

Goozex will try to come back but will finally do the final belly up this summer what a waste of cash

99 gamers.... will sadly never get off the ground and will be gone before summer (hopefully not but how its set up i seen too many places like this fail big time in the first 3 to 6 months)

Anyone eles notice the insults to goozex fans/customers from the new owners. We are fiesty because you took something great that we helped build and let it go to shit. Even if it does come back I've taken my business to vgfive and its working great. 3 out and two in allready. Plus it's only 1.00 a trade not 2.00. Sorry goozex but your done.

Haha, well I'm glad they finally addressed the sale & management change. I understand that the circumstances caused them to be quiet until all the details where worked out, but I still feel that a billion dollar corporate merger and acquisition could have been done more expediently than this goozex sale was.

I'll be interested to see if they can turn it around. They have definitely dug themselves a pretty deep hole with the trade figures dropping to where they have, but they had the user base at one point, and if they can bring them back they might be able to turn things around.

I'm not holding my breath that it will improve.

I did get matched up for Halo 4 the other day (used an Early Access on it a while back), but it timed out naturally. :bomb:

I'm just pretty much resigned that the 4,000 points or whatever I have left are just wasted other than maybe eventually getting Halo 4 and knocking 1,000 off the balance.

I don't see what Goozex going to do about the "run on the bank" points problem they have.

Well I do - but ppl aren't going to like it.

The CEO seems like a good guy (who knows), all I know is that Goozex charges twice as much per trade then VGFive so they are going to have to be twice as good a site to get customers back. Good luck to them.

I doubt they'll recover but hope I'm wrong since I have like 6K points that I've been trying to spend. I even started requesting random Blu-Rays and older games but no one is trading anything. It really ducks because I recently traded in 2 newer games before seeing that the site had gone to hell. Those 2 people lucked out at my ignorance.

I'll have to check out that other trading site someone mentioned. I miss the good old Goozex days. :(

I left goozex mainly cause of all the cry baby bitching over there *cough* path *cough*. Clicking on that thread, its nice to see that the people still crusading to tell everyone how evil goozex is and how the site will never be the same are still there, wasting their times being trolls. The more things change the more they stay the same I suppose.

I'd love to see how they plan to deal with the flood of points and the lack of games.

They can try and get new users... but once old users expend their points, they'll leave and there will be new users with tons of points and no supply.

[quote name='dfg']Yeah, I got the email. We'll see, and I hope they sort their shit out. Also, I hope VGFive grows and thrives while sharing the same marketspace.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea about VGFive, thanks

Just got in my Alan Wake limited collectors edition from a trader on goozex. Its absolutely mint and it looks like its never been played, even the dlc code card is unused. Super impressed.

Cost 1050 points but i think its worth it.

Sitting on 9 trade tokens and 4350 points. Hope I can get the rest of my points used up on more good stuff.

Just when I thought the final nail was in the coffin, I get matched for Mortal Kombat, Persona 4, and Tomb Raider Anniversary. Here's hoping the new owners can bring it back or VGfive can make it happen on their end.

No trade tokens needed until January 6:

All Goozex members can trade for FREE during the Holidays! In fact, Goozex is running a "free trades" promotion from December 22, 2012 through January 6, 2013. This means that Goozex waives the $1.99 trade token for all trades, games and movies, for any point value.
All trades matched and accepted within the promotion period are eligible for a free trade. Buyers are not required to pay a trade token during the promotion. You still need points to request products, and you can earn points by trading your own items on Goozex. Members also pay for their own shipping, although you can buy a shipping label directly from Goozex, making trading extremely easy.

So, what are you waiting for? Happy trading and Happy Holidays to all!

Sounds like a good time to try to dump your points if you're trying to cash out.

Of course, that would mean there need to be games available to actually trade for.

bread's done
Back