Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

I just went through and requested a bunch of DVDs that were available. They need to come up with incentive for people to offer to turn things around.

Trades were down to 588 yesterday or the day before, now they're up to 698.

I still haven't gotten anything I actually want since February. I got a game in October, but that was in attempts to cash out.

[quote name='Vinny']Trades were down to 588 yesterday or the day before, now they're up to 698.

I still haven't gotten anything I actually want since February. I got a game in October, but that was in attempts to cash out.[/QUOTE]

trade spike due to people with points but no tokens who long since abandoned ship? Possible.

They spiked like this before, when the loyal members decided to send out a lot of stuff... but then they fell.

We'll see what happens this time.

Trades are up to 970, roughly a 50% increase in less than 48 hours. However, in a week or two they'll probably fall by about the same amount.

Trades are up to 1100+ but there's still nothing available besides old sports games and crap titles. So I'm guessing people are just cashing out.

I have had 900 points for well over a year now. I have yet to ever get anything from Goozex. How does this company stay in business with nothing but crap available?

[quote name='NJMane']I have had 900 points for well over a year now. I have yet to ever get anything from Goozex. How does this company stay in business with nothing but crap available?[/QUOTE]

Most of what trades is never listed as available, it's automatically matched to the first person in line. Good stuff trades all the time but you have to be at the front of the line for those games.

I think they must have purged a lot of accounts... I now have 25 items for which I'm first in line, and another 60 or so within the top 5. Of course, I still haven't been matched for anything.

[quote name='Tumbler360']Most of what trades is never listed as available, it's automatically matched to the first person in line. Good stuff trades all the time but you have to be at the front of the line for those games.[/QUOTE]

I had a bunch to stuff that I requested but never was matched. Most of the stuff I requested was already older to begin with (and now well over 2 years old). I usually request the complete package and think that could be part of the issue. Overall the service is terrible (in my opinion, of course). I requested a few cheap N64 and SNES games. Something is better than nothing at this point.

Got matched up for Halo 4 again and it's getting sent this time--from Best Buy. Guess some people are still trying to get points and buying new games on sale to get the 1,000 points cheap.

Trades are at 1691.

In my case, the only good thing from this increase is getting between first and third in line for most of the games I've requested.

Trades are over 2000 right now.

I have no idea what's actually being traded though... because I still haven't been matched for a single item with 290 active requests (old and new items).

[quote name='Vinny']Trades are over 2000 right now.

I have no idea what's actually being traded though... because I still haven't been matched for a single item with 290 active requests (old and new items).[/QUOTE]

I must be lucky. When I started at vgfive I opened up everything on goozex (maybe 40 items) and got matched for 5 including some good stuff like Mortal Kombat and Persona 4.

It's been 11 days since I've left my negative for a game not received. I'm about to leave another negative by Saturday for a 2nd game not received. Both games have been "sent" by traders with 0 feedback.

It's taking weeks for buyers to get their tokens and points back from negative transactions. Hoping the new owner(s) gets this shit under control.

Seller requested a trade cancellation less than 2 days before I can leave a negative. The reason: "disc stopped working". Really? You didn't think to test it out before buying the shipping label with delivery confirmation and confirming the game shipped?:roll:

[quote name='Vinny']Trades are over 2000 right now.

I have no idea what's actually being traded though... because I still haven't been matched for a single item with 290 active requests (old and new items).[/QUOTE]

DVD's

The only way I see goozex fixing it's economy is if the new owners buy back points from users by trading items into the system at high costs (ex. a promotion where goozex trades in new titles for 2-5 times the 1000 point mark to eat up points).

With this free token period and users "cashing out their points" and leaving the website, a smaller pool of users are going to be stuck with larger balances.

Eventually these users, who are trading many items into the system, will start to accrue large balances... which will slow their trading items into the site (why bother getting more points?)... which will decline trading even further. Less trading = more users cashing out = less trading...etc, etc.

They also need to drastically fix the point values of their items to reflect the actual market.

The "100 points = $5" doesn't mean much when you can buy a $10 game from a gamefly sale and flip it for 1000 points.

Like others have posted, so far VGFive has been a much more enjoyable experience for me and I am pleased with its growth. It would be nice to see goozex rebound but I really don't see that happening.

[quote name='shieryda']It's been 11 days since I've left my negative for a game not received. I'm about to leave another negative by Saturday for a 2nd game not received. Both games have been "sent" by traders with 0 feedback.

It's taking weeks for buyers to get their tokens and points back from negative transactions. Hoping the new owner(s) gets this shit under control.[/QUOTE]

Yup, phantom sellers (and subsequent locking up of points/tokens) are a thorn in my side, too. Gotta speed up recovery from this BS, and mandate validatation of new accounts, so jockeying for queue position stops.

There's a contingent of asshats making fake accounts and "trading" items to other folks, to improve their own queue positions. My only wish is they get scammed by someone else and equally locked up. Pricks.

I signed up but never got approved cause I didn't donate the five dollars. I hope this fake account stuff doesn't happen at vg five to.

I wonder if the 2000 trades at goozex are just inflated numbers from the new management team. Even with free trades I doubt the trades jumped from under 550 to to 2200.

I believe it's a legit number. There are dozens of games on my lists that have current trades going (some with multiple) that were previously not moving any at all. Plus those are just the ones I'm following.

[quote name='dfg']People aren't hesitating to pay whatever for whatever to spend down or cash out.[/QUOTE]

But someone is collecting those points. If this new influx of points drives trades, all the better, right? I know Goozex has been shitty lately but it has treated me well for so many years I want it back.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']But someone is collecting those points. If this new influx of points drives trades, all the better, right? I know Goozex has been shitty lately but it has treated me well for so many years I want it back.[/QUOTE]

But then things will likely just go back to the way they were before: people with a lot of points but a lack of supply of games they want. Then they will eventually get desperate and settle for crap that they don't want.

I enjoyed Goozex for a while too but I just don't see the site recovering unless the new owners inject some games into system to clear out some of the excess points and to balance out the lack of supply.

You have received a private message from TheGooz

Subject:
Re: Negative feedback - still waiting on refund
Hi Dana, I appreciate your patience while we get our new staff in place. We are aware of this issue and will be addressing it shortly.

Please bear with us a little longer, it will be taken care of I can assure you of that.

In the meantime please have a Happy New Year :)

Best

JP McCormick

[quote name='dfg']People aren't hesitating to pay whatever for whatever to spend down or cash out.[/QUOTE]

its true cause i blew 4000 pts on junk just to blow them this past week on DVDs and games i never wanted but rahter have trash in hand then 13K points just sitting there

I too cashed out 1400 points by requesting a few DVDs currently not on Blu-ray. Have received 5 so far and 9 are hopefully gonna come in soon.

Well there you go; s'what accounts for the trade counter multiplying. As far as the people getting points from those trades, yeah, I don't know what their motivation is. Personally, I've turned down the last few matches to send out because they weren't from my done pile, but from my keep-active-so-my-queue-position-gets-better-while-I-get-to-it-eventually pile. I'm also not eager to spend the cash on mailing stuff out right now for points that could vaporize. All that said, I still hope they can recover.

[quote name='shieryda']
Hi Dana, I appreciate your patience while we get our new staff in place. We are aware of this issue and will be addressing it shortly.

Please bear with us a little longer, it will be taken care of I can assure you of that.
[/QUOTE]

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

I cashed out my last 200 points on two movies I didn't really want (but was okay with owning). I'd rather have something than nothing and see those points go to waste. I still have one trade token but I didn't pay for it so that's not a huge loss, and if they don't deactivate my account then I can always jump back in one last time with that token if I trade something in, or if they (foolishly) allow points to be purchased again.

I'm thankful for the zero token period as I was actually able to get a clean 0 points, 0 tokens. :D

Even if the site does turn around for the better, because of VGFive, I don't know if I'll even need to come back. My experience with VGFive has been overwhelmingly positive and night and day compared to goozex.

Still nothing for me. I know I should cash out but my points were mostly from cheap games and I've more than made that back with what I received from Goozex during the good years. And 1500 isn't all that much. Hell, right now, I can get 1500 points for sending out 2 disc only games...

I'm 1st in line for so many great items, I'll just leave it in. Plus, I've got tons of DVDs (good movies, not crap) that I might send out since they're basically worthless.

Just throwing it out there, but next week Best Buy is bringing back their "Upgrade and Save" promotion. You bring in a DVD with its case (which they recycle) and you will get a $5 off coupon for any Blu Ray $9.99 and up. Seeing as how DVD's are 100 points on Goozex, it's an easy way to unload points and possibly profit.

Today is the last day with the no token trading. This should be a very interesting week at Goozex.

Seems like the new owners don't know what they're doing with the site. In the long run, the free trade period doesn't solve anything since they still have to deal with huge inflation. They also delete the posts of anyone who doesn't suck up to them, and they don't ban offensive users. They even made one of them a beta tester.

I'm glad VGfive exists and is thriving.

Goozex pissing me off!

During the free trade period, I put 3 games on request and now I can only get one game back because the period has ended. So now I have 900 points and no trade token. It took so damn long to match up just one game. This whole idea should of been at least a month.

The new owner also has been messing with people's private account settings. I can't change my AV and they constantly change visibility of other signatures.

bread's done
Back