Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

Is it possible for management or a Goozex employee to insert themselves to the front of a game queue? After being first in line for a certain PS3 game with nobody active, on hold, or restricted ahead of me, I suddenly got bumped to second in line sometime this week. Sucks that I ended up using an Early Access for this game since it barely even trades and now I have to deal with a possible Goozex employee line cutter.

[quote name='bawlsack']Is it possible for management or a Goozex employee to insert themselves to the front of a game queue? After being first in line for a certain PS3 game with nobody active, on hold, or restricted ahead of me, I suddenly got bumped to second in line sometime this week. Sucks that I ended up using an Early Access for this game since it barely even trades and now I have to deal with a possible Goozex employee line cutter.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful.

More likely a restricted or on-hold request in front of you was re-enabled.

If it is an employee (and there are only 2 known at this point after the change in ownership), total dick move. But I seriously doubt it.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a new e-mail or announcement about the site since the free token promotion ended. I guess they are still busy working on resolving feedback issues when they aren't tweaking message board posts.

Meanwhile, I got my first request for the new year - 24: The Game (PS2). I'm actually giving this to a friend. Now the seller just needs to confirm shipping.

Got my two DVDs in the mail today. Both were in excellent condition. That's it for me and Goozex since I've now drained my points to 0 and only have 1 trade token left (that I didn't pay for). Overall I suppose I came out ahead in terms of what I paid for what I traded in and then received via trade. But I hadn't managed to receive a game I wanted in years, so it was more than time to part ways.

I thought I'd like 99gamers. I looked it over. I don't like the users set their own coin rates. Everybody "marks up" their condition to get more coins. It's great for sellers but as buyers your paying more coin to get a game making your trades less value. I really recommend vgfive. If you guys haven't tried it yet swing over. It's the new gooz.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I thought I'd like 99gamers. I looked it over. I don't like the users set their own coin rates. Everybody "marks up" their condition to get more coins. It's great for sellers but as buyers your paying more coin to get a game making your trades less value. I really recommend vgfive. If you guys haven't tried it yet swing over. It's the new gooz.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I didn't bother... I do like the idea of some freedom in setting your price but 99gamers has no limits.

Basically, I think you should be able to change the price a bit (maybe +/- 20%) for certain reasons. For example, if you have a new game then you should be able to mark it up a bit. Or if your game has the box and manual, but they're a bit mess up, you should be able to mark it down.

But as you said, all everyone does on 99gamers is jack up the prices of their games.

VGFive is the new Goozex for sure.

Goozex is even more messed up now. I heard a few people that spoke up now have to have mod approval before any of their posts can be put up. While that's going on, the sites biggest brown noser doesn't even get a slap on the wrist and can insult people freely.

He's just like a spam bot and continues to make obnoxious tags on each of his posts. I'm so sick of seeing "The Dino is Rising!"

I swear I think he works for Goozex. He doesn't act like a normal poster or a fanboy.

[quote name='Vinny']But as you said, all everyone does on 99gamers is jack up the prices of their games.[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on the games... there is a radical variance in "value" between 99Gamers and VGFive. Games generally seem far -cheaper- on 99Gamers to me, whereas VGFive seems to often have far more inflated values for titles.

To be fair, though, I only trade in Wii/Wii U/DS/3DS titles. I have no idea what the 360/PS3 market is like.

I will say that I'm still unsure as to whether VGFive or 99Gamers will be better in the long run... I really like that 99Gamers is more "immediate buying" and allows sellers to set their own prices, as that would seem to help prevent the endless lines/price stagnation that hit Goozex. On the other hand, many people seem to -prefer- the Goozex/VGFive system of set prices and wait lists, and if more games end up there it really doesn't matter.

At the moment, I'm crosslisting most items.

Price caps are gone with today's points change. No commentary from the management saying what, if anything, is the new high level mark.

Some items are up to 1300 points. (about 135)

EDIT: New caps are 2000 and 2400.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the fuck?! Well, I guess that's one way to clear out points from your account (provided you actually get matched for something).

Many of my requests increased by 100 points each.

[quote name='shieryda']What the fuck?! Well, I guess that's one way to clear out points from your account (provided you actually get matched for something).

Many of my requests increased by 100 points each.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the points change email basically showed all of my requests going up... some of them are justified, but most of them are not because they're being requested by people who are trying to cash out. I guess that's a good way of sucking up points: just inflate all the prices.

But it seems like it's a pretty unpopular idea, based on the forum response.

EDIT* Wow, the first 100 items organization by position in queue jumped from ~87,000 points to 106,000.

[quote name='devyanks90']Price caps are gone with today's points change. No commentary from the management saying what, if anything, is the new high level mark.

Some items are up to 1300 points. (about 135)

EDIT: New caps are 2000 and 2400.[/QUOTE]

can jack up items to 5000 each wont help if noone list shit

[quote name='slidecage']can jack up items to 5000 each wont help if noone list shit[/QUOTE]

and anyone paying attention probably won't list anything new for the 9 weeks it'll take to reach the new caps

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Isn't the cap at vgfive 2000?[/QUOTE]

only for new releases, and that automatically starts dropping to 1000 after a set period of time.

New owner planned this out nicely. Have nearly a month of free trading to spur lower point items changing hands and then cut their value in half.

Of the 28 games that were listed in my email, 18 of them had point increases. I don't know how to feel about this; ironically, I have 28 requests on hold out of 143 total requests. It is weird to see some items over 1,000 points though.

Did you guys hear about the contest? The person with the most trades wins a PS3, runner-up wins an Xbox wheel, and third place wins a Wii U game of their choosing. I'd rather win the Wii U game personally.

[quote name='Cage017']Did you guys hear about the contest? The person with the most trades wins a PS3, runner-up wins an Xbox wheel, and third place wins a Wii U game of their choosing. I'd rather win the Wii U game personally.[/QUOTE]

First place has a 18 game lead on everyone else. The race for 2nd and 3rd is in the low 20's.

[quote name='devyanks90']and anyone paying attention probably won't list anything new for the 9 weeks it'll take to reach the new caps[/QUOTE]

Good thing only new users send recent games.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']Good thing only new users send recent games.[/QUOTE]

And people who leave, don't pay attention and get lured back by free trades months later (how I cashed out)

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']VGFive is the new Goozex for sure.

Goozex is even more messed up now. I heard a few people that spoke up now have to have mod approval before any of their posts can be put up. While that's going on, the sites biggest brown noser doesn't even get a slap on the wrist and can insult people freely.

He's just like a spam bot and continues to make obnoxious tags on each of his posts. I'm so sick of seeing "The Dino is Rising!"

I swear I think he works for Goozex. He doesn't act like a normal poster or a fanboy.[/QUOTE]

I cashed out of Goozex by grabbing a few older sports games which went straight to goodwill. I recently signed up at vgfive, and am liking what I'm seeing so far. If you look at the "available" games, there are actually games that you would want to play. I have a few older AAA titles (ME3, RDR, Uncharted) listed as active offers and I am actually in a queue to send them out. You won't find that on Goozex these days.

Don't know why it took me this long to notice this:

Unbeatable price: only $1.99 per trade

VGFive has proven that the price is beatable...

I just wish I could get a couple matches. The last 2 point increases have really inflated the cost of several games on my active request list.

Did the lowest trades ever reach below 600? I'll bet it will by the end of February...

It definitely did before the free tokens promotion.

I noticed that Goozex is also having a weekly giveaway. One trade and you get entered for the prize; the more trades you send out, the more entries you receive. This week the winner will receive a copy of Assassin's Creed 3 (360).

WOW i guess points did go up... lost 900 pts and thinking

what is werid it shows i was matched and item shipped but shows im 33 in line >>

FINALLY GOT MATCH WITH A GREAT GAME

go into my account

matched with

Mario cart for the DS for 900 FREAKING POINTS

i just flip it to vg to get something i want for 500 pts

rather have something then nothing still have 7700 pts down from 13,000 at xmas

can tell you i will never ship another game to goozex im long done with them

Realizing how bad this service is. Managed to get a free game 3 years ago when things were running smoothly, just didn't have the money to invest. Now that I do I've sent in 2 games to get 1000 points and have had a full request queue for about 2 weeks now. If anyone wants to help me speed this up please do. If the other peoples' requests are restricted, would I receive the item before them? Cause I REALLY want Looney Tunes Racing.
HoaGNwy.png

cD23to3.png

got matched for

Growlanser: Generations -- Deluxe Edition They will never ship it though

July 30, 2012

POSITIVE
May 29, 2012

May 29, 2012

May 23, 2012

dude has not been active in 6 months so NOPE wont send

Was matched for Sleeping Dogs last week and got it in the mail 3 days later...so Goozex may be on life support, but it seems to have a few breaths left...

[quote name='Cage017']My first match of the year and it times out. They even reached "commited to ship" status and never did.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I ended up leaving negative feedback, which he didn't even argue with. Pretty annoying.

Token prices will be cut in half next week to 99 cents or 50 cents (feedback above 500) BUT, and this is a big but, all items costing more than 800 points will cost multiple tokens

Trade Cost:
1 token for items of point value 800 but 1600 but

bread's done
Back