Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

This is now three bad trades in a row. I'm just about ready to give up on Goozex.

I requested two games on the 12th. One was shipped on the 13th and the other on the 14th. Saturday rolls around (the 16th) and I get the game that was sent out on the 14th. It came from the other side of the country in two days. Meanwhile, the game that was supposedly shipped on the 13th still isn't here, and it was only coming from a state away.

So, I message the seller letting him know that I haven't received the game yet, which is why my feedback hasn't been submitted. He shoots me a message back saying "I'm sorry, I have not shipped the game out yet, I'll get it sent out tomorrow".

Are you fucking serious?

Dude, you have to be more patient. You need to give people more time than that. When you got one package doesn't mean anything for the other.

[quote name='icedrake523']Dude, you have to be more patient. You need to give people more time than that. When you got one package doesn't mean anything for the other.[/QUOTE]

He said he shipped it on the 13th. That was a week ago. Like I said, I messaged him, and he now says that he hasnt shipped it and will get it out tomorrow. He lied and confirmed shipped when he hadnt done so.

Also, when you trade an item, Goozex gives you the option to ship the next day, or in within the next three days, not sometime in the next week or two.

I have no problems being patient, I do however take issue with being lied to.

[quote name='icedrake523']Yeah, it sucks but you never know if there's a legitimate reason for it.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. I read the guys feedback and he has numerous comments posted about him pulling this crap. Some people said it took them upwards of a month to get their game, and even when it did arrive, it wasn't complete.

Really gives me a ton of confidence.

Goozex definitely needs to change that part. Points shouldn't be received until a DC # is confirmed. Otherwise, many people will say they've shipped the game just to get the points into their account and then wait several days to send until they feel like going to the post office.

[quote name='neocisco']Goozex definitely needs to change that part. Points shouldn't be received until a DC # is confirmed. Otherwise, many people will say they've shipped the game just to get the points into their account and then wait several days to send until they feel like going to the post office.[/QUOTE]

Goozex doesn't require a DC#, so that will never happen. DC#'s are expensive if you're shipping from Canada, and sometimes it'll cost more than the game is worth.

I would be extremely angry if Goozex required delivery confirmation (DC). While DC can save your butt, I've done a ton of trades and only used DC a few times. No need to constantly pay extra for a service that is not needed.

I personally always use DC since it is discounted quite a bit when i use paypal shipping...i usually spend $1.73 to $2.39 or so for a game/movie shipped in a padded envelope...

[quote name='Jedi1979']I personally always use DC since it is discounted quite a bit when i use paypal shipping...i usually spend $1.73 to $2.39 or so for a game/movie shipped in a padded envelope...[/QUOTE]

Same here I love paypal shipping. And the .19 cent delivery confirmation rocks! I have almost 50 trades on Goozex I personally love that site since I have been ripped off on several others and have yet to be ripped off on Goozex.

I guess if you're on the receiving end of the trade it makes it hard to do anything

As a "seller" I almost always check their previous feedback, I also check to see how long they've with the site

Requiring DC would hurt Goozex a lot, I think a lot of users would leave.

Why spend $3 to ship a 100-200 pt game?

I only use D/c when the game is 500 pts or more

I always use DC. Even if the game is only like 150 or 200 points, I just like to be covered. I'd rather make less on a game than be totally screwed and just straight up lose the game if someone feels like being a jackass.

[quote name='kube00']Why spend $3 to ship a 100-200 pt game?[/QUOTE]

Because $3 for 100 points is still significantly better than you could get in credit at GS.

Yeah. I traded some 100 point games I had absolutely no interest in ever playing again. I rather get rid of them all and use the points to get a 300-400 point game that I do want.

ok, i was sent a game from a seller, and he confirmed shipped and the game still has not arrived. he does not want negative feedback, nor do i want to give him negative feedback because he has good feedback so im sure he sent the game, and he has been communicating with me so i dont really want to leave him negative feedback if i dont have to. so we agreed to just cancel. but neither one of us have this option available any more since its been confirmed shipped. also there is only 4 days left so any help is appreciated. is there a way to cancel the trade still?

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']ok, i was sent a game from a seller, and he confirmed shipped and the game still has not arrived. he does not want negative feedback, nor do i want to give him negative feedback because he has good feedback so im sure he sent the game, and he has been communicating with me so i dont really want to leave him negative feedback if i dont have to. so we agreed to just cancel. but neither one of us have this option available any more since its been confirmed shipped. also there is only 4 days left so any help is appreciated. is there a way to cancel the trade still?[/QUOTE]

You should probably talk to Goozex customer service.

just did my first trade as a seller. took only 1 day for shipping and haven't gotten feedback yet.

how long should i wait before i PM the buyer asking for feedback? it's been 2 or 3 days and the game was "like new".

Did you get a tracking number? Wait until a couple days until after it says it's been delivered and just ask "Hey, the tracking says you received it. Just wanted to check if you got it"

yeah i have a DC number and it says it arrived on saturday.

i just assumed since goozex revolves around feedback people would be more quick on leaving it.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']just did my first trade as a seller. took only 1 day for shipping and haven't gotten feedback yet.

how long should i wait before i PM the buyer asking for feedback? it's been 2 or 3 days and the game was "like new".[/QUOTE]

Uhhh you do realize people may be busy and can't check the game/movie right away don't you? Plus the weekend just ended, so you can't expect everyone to be able to test the item and provide feedback right that second. That's one of the reasons why they make the trade window as long as they do.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']ok, i was sent a game from a seller, and he confirmed shipped and the game still has not arrived. he does not want negative feedback, nor do i want to give him negative feedback because he has good feedback so im sure he sent the game, and he has been communicating with me so i dont really want to leave him negative feedback if i dont have to. so we agreed to just cancel. but neither one of us have this option available any more since its been confirmed shipped. also there is only 4 days left so any help is appreciated. is there a way to cancel the trade still?[/QUOTE]

Leave negative feedback, have the seller dispute. There then should be a "cancel trade" button in the dispute center, the seller then should click that. He won't get his points back, unless he had DC.

[quote name='Ocajavati']Is the promotion where you get 100 free points after the first positive trade still active?

Just curious.[/QUOTE]

You get trade tokens when your referral completes their first trade.

Between February 1 – 14 you can buy select gift cards for 50% off their regular value. And yes, you can make a gift to a friend, or buy one to reload your own account!
It’s a great way to reload and boost your accounts. 2010 is shaping up to be a great year to grab games and movies to add to your home libraries. You already save loads of cash using Goozex, and now you’ll be getting even more bang for your buck. 2010 is the year to save and play more!
Goozex Gift Cards on Sale:
Gift card: 1000 Goozex points + 5 trade tokens: $55 Now $27.50
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points + 5 trade tokens: $105 Now $52.50
Gift card: 3500 Goozex points + 10 trade tokens: $185 Now $92.50
Gift card: 5000 Goozex points + 20 trade tokens: $270 Now $135.00
Gift card: 2000 Goozex points: $100 Now $50.00

I'm heavily considering the 1000 point/5 token bundle. One could essentially get a brad new game for half off.

[quote name='slidecage']too bad there wasnt just a Token half off sale[/QUOTE]

I still have 16 tokens from last year's sale (I bought 30).:D

Not related to Goozex but I'm more likely to get an answer. I sold Punch Out on eBay, printed my label, and put it in the mailbox on Wednesday. The tracking hasn't been updated at all. Not even that it's been scanned by the post office. Is this common? Because everything I've sent has been scanned?

Unfortunately I didn't buy insurance (yeah, probably a mistake) since I've yet to have a problem with shipping anything with printing labels off Paypal.

Whenever I ship an item with tracking, it takes like two or three days after I mail it for the site to update. If anything, you could always contact USPS.

I recently started a Goozex account and am currently in process on my first trade request. The Goozex site reports the seller status: Committed to ship by February 02, 2010. Does that mean the seller just accepted the trade but hasn't shipped it out yet? Does it give you a different status if the seller confirms a shipment?

[quote name='SiliconAvatar']I recently started a Goozex account and am currently in process on my first trade request. The Goozex site reports the seller status: Committed to ship by February 02, 2010. Does that mean the seller just accepted the trade but hasn't shipped it out yet? Does it give you a different status if the seller confirms a shipment?[/QUOTE]

If he confirmed shipped then it would say Confirmed shipped on February xx, 2010.

I would send him a message asking if he had a chance to ship yet, and make sure you don't let the system close the trade or it will give him positive automatically. I would guess you have a week or so before it does that, it should say how many days.

This is kind of related to goozex, I want to know how do you ship with pay pal. It seems like you guys pay less for shipping with DC # from pay pay than the rates you get from goozex directly with DC#. I have a paypal account but I never have used it to create shipping labels with DC#'s. Any help will be appreciated.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']This is kind of related to goozex, I want to know how do you ship with pay pal. It seems like you guys pay less for shipping with DC # from pay pay than the rates you get from goozex directly with DC#. I have a paypal account but I never have used it to create shipping labels with DC#'s. Any help will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

About 60 cents cheaper:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now&info

hmmm.. I had a game committed to ship by feb. 2 - didn't ship til yesterday... the site says it closes in a few days... so if I do not negative before it closes it automatically gives him a positive?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']hmmm.. I had a game committed to ship by feb. 2 - didn't ship til yesterday... the site says it closes in a few days... so if I do not negative before it closes it automatically gives him a positive?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Did the seller provide tracking or d/c?

[quote name='shieryda']Yes. Did the seller provide tracking or d/c?[/QUOTE]

No, and he hasn't traded anything since joining in january.

He was committed to ship by feb. 2 - did not do so until feb. 9 - the only seller not to provide tracking... and I have 6 days to report feed back...

should I wait until I have 1 day left and then post negative if I haven't received it?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']No, and he hasn't traded anything since joining in january.

He was committed to ship by feb. 2 - did not do so until feb. 9 - the only seller not to provide tracking... and I have 6 days to report feed back...

should I wait until I have 1 day left and then post negative if I haven't received it?[/QUOTE]

I would contact the seller first (through Goozex, of course, and not just an e-mail from your Gmail/Yahoo account). Then on the last day, leave negative if you haven't received your game.

People, this is why you should always use delivery confirmation!:D

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']No, and he hasn't traded anything since joining in january.

should I wait until I have 1 day left and then post negative if I haven't received it?[/QUOTE]

I actually ran into this exact same problem a couple weeks ago.

3 days before they automatically left feedback and no tracking info to be found, I just put in my negative feedback for the time being. The seller immediately messaged me the next day and explained the situation, blah blah blah, about 2-3 days later the game finally arrived and I just changed the negative to a positive since you have time to change the feedback once the seller tries to dispute the feedback and fix the situation.

Just leave the feedback for now and leave in note will update feedback when game arrives. That seems to be what most people are doing nowadays when they leave a negative feedback first before the deadline is up. It's not your fault, and its not set in stone, so it could always be fixed.

The negative feedback doesn't even show up on their account if the seller disputes it, so its not like its tarnishing their record right away anyways, unless they straight up didn't or won't ship it, which in that case, they deserve it.

Best of luck.

Joined a while ago, but I just started using this site today. got the 1000 points+5 token deal. RE5+Burnout Paradise+DOA4 for $27.50 ain't bad. I hope the games come in good condition.

do I get feedback for the transaction too? any tips for a new user?

No, you just leave feedback for the seller. It's not like eBay where the buyer also receives feedback.

My advice would be to use the Paypal shipping labels (you can get a link to it on the first post), save all your bubble mailers to use yourself, and don't trade a game less than 200 points unless you really hate it.

Quick question, does Goozex regularly have sales on points like this? I'm short on cash this month, so it's either Heavy Rain, or get some points half off. I just wanted to see if they'll likely do this again in the next few months.

I don't believe it happens often. While I don't have a great deal of interest in Heavy Rain, I'd still recommend getting the points even if I did. Unless you have a burning desire to play Heavy Rain right now, there's no point in getting it right away; Amazon isn't even offering a $10 credit. I'd get the points and wait for a sale on Heavy Rain.

you know either goozex doesnt have anything you want or you got a massive backlog when you got 120 tokens on Sept 18 2009 and come FEB 18 (5 months later) your still sitting on 117 of them LOL

[quote name='slidecage']you know either goozex doesnt have anything you want or you got a massive backlog when you got 120 tokens on Sept 18 2009 and come FEB 18 (5 months later) your still sitting on 117 of them LOL[/QUOTE]

:shock:

I've used roughly half of the 30 credits that I bought a year ago. Too many games to play!!!

I signed up for an account on Sunday to take advantage of the points sale going on, but when I updated my home address they put my account on hold, stating there was an account with the same address all ready on file. I sent them an email explaining I live in a condo complex and we all share the same street address hoping this would resolve the issue but I still haven't received a response. Has anyone experienced a long turnaround time with their customer service? This isn't a great first impression considering I just dumped 50 bucks on these guys. Argh, this is frustrating, should I just be a little more patient? Thanks in advance guys!

bread's done
Back