Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='icedrake523']Prototype on PS3 went down from 650 to 600. Should I bite on it? It was 600 the week before. I have 2150 points and 10 tokens.[/QUOTE]

If you've played Infamous, don't bother. Prototype is Infamous' ugly brother.

Anyone know if the Gamefly promotion is still going? I signed up a few days ago and have not yet received any emails with a gift card code. Will the email come from goozex or gamefly?

At what time in the morning can new releases be requested (EST)? I already have FF13 and BFBC2 preordered, but I'm going to try and get Pokemon/GoW3 off Goozex.

Does Goozex take potential scammers seriously? I contacted them about a group of possibly fake accounts (newly registered, sending out high value items, many users connected to each other in trades, with 1 disabled account already) and they haven't responded.

Very cool news. The only thing that makes me hesitant to get some is the conditions they could be in. I like to have everything in really good condition.

[quote name='mistymayem']Retro gaming has come to Goozex!
Includes:

• Nintendo NES
  • Super Nintendo
  • Nintendo 64
  • Game Boy
  • Game Boy Color
  • Sega Genesis
  • Sega CD
  • Atart 2600
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/59471.aspx#314255[/QUOTE]

This is awesome. I was just thinking the other day that they really should have these available ('bout time). Strange that they include Atari 2600 and leave off Sega Saturn and Sega Master System though. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Droogs']I still never received my blu ray from the movie promotion they were doing :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I did. Are you sure you traded 10 movies between the qualified dates? From the top of my head I believe it started around mid-November to the end of January. You needed 10 trades between those dates, anything before that doesn't count.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I did. Are you sure you traded 10 movies between the qualified dates? From the top of my head I believe it started around mid-November to the end of January. You needed 10 trades between those dates, anything before that doesn't count.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure. I even got the email saying that I qualified and that I needed to respond with the title I wanted.

Anyone wanting to get retro games, be careful b/c the save battery may be dead. It's especially the case with Pokemon Silver/Gold/Crystal (they had an internal clock which drained the battery faster than other games. Many are dead today).

some of the point values on retro games are kinda terrible :/
why is the genesis earthworm jim 2 worth 350 points while the snes copy of EWJ 2 is 100 lol

but this is actually a good way to get rid of retro games i have gathering dust
haha i think people are requesting that LJN spider man and x-men game i have and Simpsons barts nightmare. time to ship those out

Figured I would try Goozex out and trade some of the games that I will never play again or never will play. I shipped out Zelda: Twilight Princess for the Wii for 600 points, Army of Two for 200 points and D&D Heroes for 100. I never liked Twilight Princess and haven't played it in probably two years. I beat Army of Two but have no interest in playing anymore and the online community is dead for it. I bought D&D Heroes thinking it would be as fun as the hack and slash Baldur's Gate games but I never could get past the first level before I would turn it off.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Isn't there another Goozex sale coming up? I'm running low on tokens. Heh. Retro gaming drained me.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it, I just had to cash in like 5k worth of games to keep up with all the Retro games I just added. Not to mention it's the first time my Request trade slots have ever been full.

I am glad though I saw the announcement pretty early and got 1st or 2nd in line for almost all the old NES/SNES games I wanted.

I'm so happy that retro games are now available on Goozex. I have some duplicate NES and Sega Genesis games I need to get rid of to clear some space at my place.

I just wish Goozex offered games for Sega Saturn and Sega Master System. I can never find those at my local thrift stores regularly=P

Oooh, I'm all about Genesis. I've been getting some buku full package goodness lately -- just got Ahh! Real Monsters this morning. Oh so sweet.

I received the following so far:

SNES Gradius 3:really good condition
N64 Snowboard Kids: writing on cart, but label in pretty good condition
NES Mega Man 3: like new condition with dust cover
NES Ninja Gaiden: label in good condition, but back of cartridge has deep scratches =( it came with a dust cover though.
SNES Super Bonk: label in good condition
SNES Super Ninja Boy: label in pretty good condition

I've been lucky. Hopefully, people don't send out trashed retro games. That would be so wrong!

Have any of you gotten any Blu-Rays from Goozex? If so, what kind of condition were they in (disc and case)? I'm considering burning off some points on some and want to know how it might go.

[quote name='neocisco']Have any of you gotten any Blu-Rays from Goozex? If so, what kind of condition were they in (disc and case)? I'm considering burning off some points on some and want to know how it might go.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the seller but just request it as a full package and you will be fine.

questions for anyone who's gotten collectors editions from goozex:

do the collectors edition usually come with all of the contents? are they usually in good condition? im looking mostly at the oblivion collectors edition.

thnx

Full package is exactly what it says it is. Do some Goozex research. It means EVERYTHING. There's a feedback option in case the condition is less than specified. All of these could be answered from the Goozex home page. Have you pulled it up yet? :p

well to be fair, it doesn't necessarily mean EVERYTHING
one time use download codes are not necessary(such as Gears of War 2 GOTY code, or RE5 Gold code). But as far as figures/bonus discs/steelbooks/etc., yes, FP should include those

Erm, RE5 Gold is dependent on the code. No code = no full package trade. They had that discussion on the forums. Full package means everything it came with AT RETAIL. Period.

thanks jaysapathy, I had been on goozex about a year or so ago, and yeah I didn't really bother to read up on all the new rules and stuff yet, probably should've done that first, but thanks for the help anyways :) ...so basically tho, you'd say it's safe to order collectors editions? I'm still unsure... (I can see a really beat up Oblivion CE showing up at my door looking for refuge >_

[quote name='jaysapathy']Erm, RE5 Gold is dependent on the code. No code = no full package trade. They had that discussion on the forums. Full package means everything it came with AT RETAIL. Period.[/QUOTE]

not true. look at gears 2 GOTY, it says this

Notice to Traders: The bonus DLC is not required for trading of this game as specified in the "Trading Requirements & Shipping Options" section of the Shipping page of the FAQ.

i dont think redeemable codes are needed to trade the game. could be wrong but if you dont need it for gears 2 goty, why do you need it for anything else

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']

and that was going to be my next question, I have a Gears 2 GOTY edition with all contents, Flashback map pack, etc. nothing has even really been touched after I used the All Fronts code or w.e, so you're saying this should be listed as just a standard/regular edition? I suppose that makes sense to me though, because what makes these GOTY and Gold, etc. editions is the bonus DLC, without it they're just standard editions in pretty packaging (cod4goty).[/QUOTE]

you can trade it according to goozex.

Does anyone from Goozex read this forum? I received a message from Goozex last week saying my account had been put on hold. Since I had never received negative feedback during my 2 years using the site and I had not been active in many trades recently I was at a loss as to what was going on. I figured it might have been because I had some offers timeout recently as I re-organized my collection to determine what I was still willing to trade.

So I responded to [email protected] with the required info asking them to reactivate my account and they replied back that my account was frozen due to "suspicious trading activity" and that "Illegitimate trades violate the Goozex Terms of Use and are not tolerated. We cannot reactivate your account until we have a complete understanding of this activity."

Now I'm really confused as I have never had an issue with trading/selling on goozex or any of the other sites I use (CAG, ebay, GameTZ, etc). I responded to this email last week and attempted to follow up again today but have not heard anything back.

Hsa anyone here run into something like this? Anyone I can contact from Goozex on here or direct? This feels like a bad April fools joke and I'm just left to wonder what the hell is going on.

Sorry if this has been posted already in the thread. But the thread topics vary and checking 24 pages for my answer feels like a needle in a haystack scenario.

Anyway here goes: What is everyone's experience with Goozex? I've signed up for an account but it doesn't feel like it is worth the effort. Most of the trade ins I see would roughly equate to similar deals I could get through Amazon. Plus with Amazon I get the customer support and FS. I guess my real question is what makes people use Goozex over something else? Is it for the retro games and you stick to other venues for new titles?

Thanks in advance.

DLC codes/Digital Movie Download codes are expected to be used, after all it is a USED game/movie trading site. If you do receive a working DLC/Digital Download code think of it as a bonus.

Now for the reason I use Goozex apart from other B&M/Online sites is because the only time I spend any REAL money is when I have to mail a game out or when I want to buy some more trade tokens. I would rather spend points that have no real world value vs. real money.

Huge difference between the DLC and content that actually makes that game "what it is." For instance, if you buy a copy of RE5 Gold Edition, you're getting the regular RE5 disc plus a code for the addendums (technically DLC, but it's what makes the game gold). Without it, you could simply trade the original RE5 disc with a sticker. There was a huge argument in the Goozex forums about this, and the general rule of thumb has become if you don't have the DLC code and that's what made it Edition X, then it's not a complete package.

Jay

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']not true. look at gears 2 GOTY, it says this

Notice to Traders: The bonus DLC is not required for trading of this game as specified in the "Trading Requirements & Shipping Options" section of the Shipping page of the FAQ.

i dont think redeemable codes are needed to trade the game. could be wrong but if you dont need it for gears 2 goty, why do you need it for anything else

you can trade it according to goozex.[/QUOTE]

Hey GLOCK, your issue sounds like it should be communicated with a live person. But, I can't seem to find a customer service phone number for you.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Does anyone from Goozex read this forum? I received a message from Goozex last week saying my account had been put on hold. Since I had never received negative feedback during my 2 years using the site and I had not been active in many trades recently I was at a loss as to what was going on. I figured it might have been because I had some offers timeout recently as I re-organized my collection to determine what I was still willing to trade.

So I responded to [email protected] with the required info asking them to reactivate my account and they replied back that my account was frozen due to "suspicious trading activity" and that "Illegitimate trades violate the Goozex Terms of Use and are not tolerated. We cannot reactivate your account until we have a complete understanding of this activity."

Now I'm really confused as I have never had an issue with trading/selling on goozex or any of the other sites I use (CAG, ebay, GameTZ, etc). I responded to this email last week and attempted to follow up again today but have not heard anything back.

Hsa anyone here run into something like this? Anyone I can contact from Goozex on here or direct? This feels like a bad April fools joke and I'm just left to wonder what the hell is going on.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shieryda']Hey GLOCK, your issue sounds like it should be communicated with a live person. But, I can't seem to find a customer service phone number for you.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was actually just about to come in here and post an update on things.

I emailed customer service again last Tuesday in an attempt to try to get my account re-activated. They responded to me the next day and said that they "made a one-time exception and reactivated my account". They did not give me any additional information.

I have to say that while I am happy to have my account back, I'm not too pleased with this entire situation. For now I have just decided to put all my offers on hold and use up the points I have. I am not sure that I will continue to use Goozex much in the future once I blow through my current points. I don't really feel good about stockpiling points and using a service if they are going to flake out and threaten to ban me for no reason whatsoever.

If you or anyone else does have a phone number where I could talk to a live person, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I will just send another message to their customer support email and try to get some answers.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Huge difference between the DLC and content that actually makes that game "what it is." For instance, if you buy a copy of RE5 Gold Edition, you're getting the regular RE5 disc plus a code for the addendums (technically DLC, but it's what makes the game gold). Without it, you could simply trade the original RE5 disc with a sticker. There was a huge argument in the Goozex forums about this, and the general rule of thumb has become if you don't have the DLC code and that's what made it Edition X, then it's not a complete package.

Jay[/QUOTE]

I still am a bit unsure about all of this...

If I have Gears 2 GOTY with the slipcover, plus a DLC code for the Flashback Mappack, but the All Fronts code is used, I should just list it as standard edition?

and if I have Halo Wars Limited Edition with everything but the codes are used, that shouldn't be listed as limited/collectors edition?

would I get in trouble for listing them both as full package? (

Here's the thing:

The "Gold Edition" of RE5 is the standard RE5 disc plus a code to get all the extras. That code is what makes it "Gold Edition". Without it, it's the regular edition of RE5 with a neat cover. Thusly, you could not list the Gold Edition if the code had been used or it doesn't have it. Bonus DLC codes are just that -- a bonus. Your Gears 2 GOTY example, assuming those aren't the _REASON_ it's GOTY, should list fine as a full package.

Full package is everything that came with retail, sans DLC codes -- however, if the DLC is what makes it "Edition X," then yes, it needs to have the DLC. Otherwise, it's just the same version of the other game. Hope this helps.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I still am a bit unsure about all of this...

If I have Gears 2 GOTY with the slipcover, plus a DLC code for the Flashback Mappack, but the All Fronts code is used, I should just list it as standard edition?

and if I have Halo Wars Limited Edition with everything but the codes are used, that shouldn't be listed as limited/collectors edition?

would I get in trouble for listing them both as full package? (

[quote name='jaysapathy']Here's the thing:

The "Gold Edition" of RE5 is the standard RE5 disc plus a code to get all the extras. That code is what makes it "Gold Edition". Without it, it's the regular edition of RE5 with a neat cover. Thusly, you could not list the Gold Edition if the code had been used or it doesn't have it. Bonus DLC codes are just that -- a bonus. Your Gears 2 GOTY example, assuming those aren't the _REASON_ it's GOTY, should list fine as a full package.

Full package is everything that came with retail, sans DLC codes -- however, if the DLC is what makes it "Edition X," then yes, it needs to have the DLC. Otherwise, it's just the same version of the other game. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Trading Requirements & Shipping Options
Original Content: The content that was present at the time of original purchase (not at the time of resale). This includes any/all of the following that apply to that specific title (verify with UPC), and more:
  • Discs/Cartridge
  • Manuals
  • Case
  • Inserts
  • Information Sleeves
  • Figurines
  • Trading Cards
  • Collector's Items
  • Bonus Physical Content (Non-Digital)

Got matched with a user and it turned out to be a scam. 1st in line for it but I don't have the credits and token to get it. XD

This would not apply in the case of RE5, because the code is what makes it the Gold edition. See the forums for more info on this.. There was a HUGE thread about it.

Jay

[quote name='Duddy07']Trading Requirements & Shipping Options
Original Content: The content that was present at the time of original purchase (not at the time of resale). This includes any/all of the following that apply to that specific title (verify with UPC), and more:
  • Discs/Cartridge
  • Manuals
  • Case
  • Inserts
  • Information Sleeves
  • Figurines
  • Trading Cards
  • Collector's Items
  • Bonus Physical Content (Non-Digital)
[/QUOTE]

Jay, I would love to see this thread about it. The only HUGE thread about unused DLC was with the Gears of War 2 Game of the Year edition thread. It posted that Full Package required at first that all DLC for GoW2 GotY Edition to include unused DLC, but that was quickly overturned.
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/50862.aspx?PageIndex=8

Here is the GoW 2 GotY Edition info page.
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/itemdetail.asp?item=221966&tab=T

RE5 Gold DOES NOT need a unused DLC code to be included. There is another difference between the original version and the Gold Edition. The Gold Edition has a slip cover, the original does not. If the slip cover is not included then it is a Neutral (Requested Full Package but received Disc + Manual).

bread's done
Back