Official Goozex Thread - Goozex is Hiring!

[quote name='shieryda']Here's my issue:

My 900 point game was supposed to have been confirmed shipped by August 18. I never received a shipping confirmation and contacted the the seller twice with no response. My Goozex e-mail (the one informing me about leaving feedback before the transaction is closed, 4 days left before feedback is automatically left) arrived early Sunday morning, and I promptly left a negative.

The seller disputed the feedback last night, with a message stating that he was recovering from surgery and forgot to mail out the game prior to his surgery. Also, he stated that the game was mailed out August 26 with a confirmation number.

I'm kinda bummed that I'm being charged 900 points for a game that I haven't received, and have left negative feedback. Is there any way that Goozex would credit my account for the difference (150 points) for my troubles, or am I stuck waiting for my game even longer now and having to pay the higher point value?

This is only about the 3rd bad transaction I've had, so I'm not very familiar with how the whole negative feedback thing works.[/QUOTE]

i got a DVD 20 disc set with a disc missing and i had to still pay the entire price

When is the last time you guys have got a tip?

I've been sending out some brand new games from my backlog and haven't seen a tip yet. The last one I got probably dates back to 2008 or 2009. Absurd, b/c I used to get them every single time a mint game or sealed game went out.

I put Call of Duty: Finest Hour (PS2 used) on Goozex and it was accepted for trade. I sent the game out with case, disc, and booklet and received a negative feedback. He said the game would not play on his Playstation 2. He sent the game back and whaddya know, the game played just fine. It was then that he admitted his system was old and would not play some games followed by a "better luck next time" attitude towards a future trade During the week, I contacted Goozex about my experience and had the feedback reversed (no refunds but whatever I didn't want to come off as a jackass and it was the only bad experience I had on Goozex).

Fast forward a few months later and another person wanted the game. I mailed the game, it arrived at the guy's home, and to my surprise I receive a 50 point tip. So yeah, tipping is extremely rare and can happen at any time. I've only had it happen 2-3 times ever and game a tip once or twice when the condition I asked (say disc and manual) was more like a complete set.

I've received tips twice in the past 6 weeks. I included the guides for those games when I sent them and both people were very pleased.

[quote name='dfg']I believe that Goozex prioritizes a completed transaction over the satisfaction of either party, so if the seller can prove that the game got to you, it'll stand as normal (original points, positive, etc.) If the seller can't prove it got there, then you'll get your points back, and you'll just be out the time and sanity.
I could be wrong, though. You might try pushing your case that you should pay the lower point cost because of the time involved, but they might say that it was your transaction that made the value go down (which is happening more rapidly these days).[/QUOTE]

I could at least leave a neutral, though, right?

[quote name='shieryda']I could at least leave a neutral, though, right?[/QUOTE]

If it doesn't fall into one of the listed neutral categories/reasons, it'll probably get overturned.

I had a damn good experience a couple of weeks ago.

I was first in line to get Trials HD/LIMBO/Splosion Man Triple Pack. The guy confirms it shipped within a couple of days, but before it even gets to me, I get a message saying that he sent me the wrong game and sent my game to another guy. I ended up getting Street Fighter II Alpha disc only. We message back and forth and decide that both of us just send our game back to him and he'll fix it. He was extremely sorry and grateful that I was kind and understanding of his mistake. I wasn't really in a hurry to play the game and he was genuinely sorry.

I ended up just letting the system do the feedback because the time ran out before I had received the game. I trusted the guy enough to let it go to positive feedback. The game finally gets to me and with it is an envelope with an apology letter and $10 to cover the shipping back to him and for the inconvenience. At this point, I was extremely grateful and taken aback. Not only that, but the game itself was sealed so I got a 48 hour XBL trial and 160 MSP out of it. I actually wanted to give a tip at this point, but the feedback timed out. I emailed Goozex feedback and was told that I couldn't change the feedback or add a tip of any kind after it had timed out.

I messaged the guy to show my thanks, but yeah, there are some good people on Goozex.

Ive had pretty good experiences on Goozex
My only big problem is when i requested Pokemon Blue with manaul to complete my copy and he sends me a printed manual. i almost flipped out.

But my most complete is ppl wait for forever to send and leave feedback. I make sure everything is flawless before i send it. If its iffy to be to GameStop it goes.

I actually got matched up with a CAG (G-Nitro) for DJ Hero.
Picked it up and didnt like it. So off to Goozex

SO i got matched twice and i asked both ppl did they want the box as there was no way in hell i was shipping the box. Mind you was listed as cart only but i was gonna send the turntable. The first 2 ppl threatned to leave negative feedback if they didnt get the box. KInda rude. But then i got matched to G-Nitro and remembered him from CAG. Sent it off and he tipped me.

So you do have the good with the bad.

[quote name='Tsel'] I get a message saying that he sent me the wrong game and sent my game to another guy. [/QUOTE]

I know one day I'm gonna do this, because I pack at home and then print elsewhere. Glad to hear the guy made it right.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Just got sent the PC Gold Edition for Rise of Nations... is it supposed to be the UK version in some blue box with a grey/black and white disc? for some reason I was expecting a US version. I had requested:

http://www.goozex.com/trading/games/12633-Rise_of_Nations_Gold_Edition-PC_Games

and the cover looks nothing like that either?[/QUOTE]

You should never receive imports from people unless they contact you beforehand and let you know. I would give negative feedback

That EA Sports MMA at target for $4.97 is worth 550 points on goozex. seems like a good flip.

I've got plenty of points but no one's offering the games I want.
I've wanted Dynasty Warrirors gundam 3 since it came out 2 months ago. I'm 13th in line and the game hasn't been traded one time. There are also no copies avaliable for trading. might as well break down and buy it.

[quote name='eldergamer']That EA Sports MMA at target for $4.97 is worth 550 points on goozex. seems like a good flip.

I've got plenty of points but no one's offering the games I want.
I've wanted Dynasty Warrirors gundam 3 since it came out 2 months ago. I'm 13th in line and the game hasn't been traded one time. There are also no copies avaliable for trading. might as well break down and buy it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah there are several different trading categories games fall into, such as titles you know are gonna trade frequently, ones where the queue seems to never move, special editions that arrive out of the blue, and my least favorite, the ones that are still high point value when they go on sale on Steam and you forget to take them off your request list.

Just so you know, EA MMA doesn't seem to be moving. I bought it at Target for $5 with the intention of flipping it on Goozex. It's been sitting there for a week now.

this is a damn good time to earn 1k by flipping some dead space 2s to goosex along with AC brotherhood which are both $20 at BBV

Well, now I really think that Goozex needs to update their feedback policy. Just because a seller sends out a complete game that works, albeit 8 days after they first said they'd ship it and after no response from 2 inquiry e-mails, does not mean that the seller should receive a positive for the transaction.

This should be a neutral feedback, at best. I left a negative, and Goozex fucking over-ruled it and gave a positive.

[quote name='shieryda']Well, now I really think that Goozex needs to update their feedback policy. Just because a seller sends out a complete game that works, albeit 8 days after they first said they'd ship it and after no response from 2 inquiry e-mails, does not mean that the seller should receive a positive for the transaction.

This should be a neutral feedback, at best. I left a negative, and Goozex fucking over-ruled it and gave a positive.[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of surprised you're upset about waiting 8 days for shipping when you have to wait 6-9 months for any games to become available in the first place.

[quote name='QiG']I'm kind of surprised you're upset about waiting 8 days for shipping when you have to wait 6-9 months for any games to become available in the first place.[/QUOTE]

winner

[quote name='shieryda']Well, now I really think that Goozex needs to update their feedback policy. Just because a seller sends out a complete game that works, albeit 8 days after they first said they'd ship it and after no response from 2 inquiry e-mails, does not mean that the seller should receive a positive for the transaction.

This should be a neutral feedback, at best. I left a negative, and Goozex fucking over-ruled it and gave a positive.[/QUOTE]

Of course they overturned it. You want your points and trade credit back as well as keep the game just because it was shipped a little late? That's feedback abuse.
The seller has 15-17 days to get it to you for domestic shipments. If you get it within that time it's a positive. Goozex already has the feedback guidelines laid out, if you don't like it, then don't use the service.

I never said that I wanted my credit and points back, plus keep the game. Come on, now. That's just ridiculous. I was pissed because I finally got matched for the game, had a "ship by" date, and it was not properly communicated to me when/if it was shipped.

[quote name='shieryda']I never said that I wanted my credit and points back, plus keep the game. Come on, now. That's just ridiculous. I was pissed because I finally got matched for the game, had a "ship by" date, and it was not properly communicated to me when/if it was shipped.[/QUOTE]

I've had this happen and it's a pain, but what to do when the game finally does arrive and it's in good shape?

That's what the Comment section is for - "Arrived in great shape, but was shipped 8 days later than confirmed" (or something to that effect).

No, it's not much - and yes, it should have been shipped when it was confirmed shipped - but aside from nit-picking on condition and rewarding a +5 feedback instead of a +10, you should just be pretty happy getting the game at all.

I'm only now seeing FEAR 3 and Dungeon Siege III sent my way, no movement on Catherine or El Shaddai, Green Lantern and Transformers Dark of the Moon have both stalled recently, no trades on Record of Agarest War Zero, etc. I'm always glad something is on the way, when it eventually gets there.

Late? That sucks. But spending $60 on release day sucks more, no?

I just got matched for Brink(360) and My Sims Racing (DS)
i hate when i forget to take a game off my list and b4 i know it the person has shipped. oh well

recently been flipping Target clearance for points and been doing pretty good so far.
racking up points and buying stuff from GS hoping i get a complete copy and then flipping it if i dont

That happens to me a lot. I'll see that I'm down some points and a token, go look and realize I don't really want that game anymore.

I just got matched for Gears of War 2 earlier tonight.

do you get your points if you use Delivery confirm yet the post office is too lazy to track it

Expected Delivery Date: August 29, 2011
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was accepted at 2:50 pm on August 25, 2011 in Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

i dropped it off on the 25th and that is the last tracking

[quote name='slidecage']do you get your points if you use Delivery confirm yet the post office is too lazy to track it

Expected Delivery Date: August 29, 2011
Class: First-Class Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was accepted at 2:50 pm on August 25, 2011 in Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

i dropped it off on the 25th and that is the last tracking[/QUOTE]

It isn't package tracking, it is delivery confirmation. All it is supposed to do is let you know when it is delivered.

[quote name='Porksta']It isn't package tracking, it is delivery confirmation. All it is supposed to do is let you know when it is delivered.[/QUOTE]

well the last scan says i dropped it off... so its the post office problem if they lost it

Delivery confirmation usually but not always updates several times before delivery. Could just be one of those times.

Like I predicted in shieryda's case, the ruling was to positive; the Goozex feedback system is much less subjective than other major transaction sites—if it gets there, it's usually in favor of the seller. One good thing, as stated above, is that you can give specifics in the comments. On the other hand, you can only decline a trade if you're the seller, not as buyer.

[quote name='shieryda']I never said that I wanted my credit and points back, plus keep the game. Come on, now. That's just ridiculous. I was pissed because I finally got matched for the game, had a "ship by" date, and it was not properly communicated to me when/if it was shipped.[/QUOTE]
That's what negative feedback is. The seller loses the game and points. The buyer keeps the game, and gets their points and credit back. Don't think of it as having a positive experience or a negative experience. Goozex considers getting the game as a positive. Shipping time has no basis in the feedback system; that's how it's set up.

The only problem I have with the feedback system is there's little punishment to sellers who are given neutral feedback. Sellers can get away with listing full package items, and only shipping the disc.

Got a game today that was advertised as complete, but was missing the manual. The seller also took 7 days to ship instead of 3 and has only 6 trades sent with 2 being negative and few others not being in the advertised condition. He claims he only sent it that way because that's how he got it from another Gooez member (even though the game is not in his trades received list) and because Goozex doesn't offer case and disc.

Anyway, I left him a neutral and he is throwing a fit saying that the game works and that I should leave him the lower positive. Am I right to leave him a neutral?

Absolutely. It clearly states that complete means that every single thing the game came with is required. Case, artwork, manual, inserts. The whole shebang. You would be in the right even if you gave him a negative.

[quote name='Tsel']Absolutely. It clearly states that complete means that every single thing the game came with is required. Case, artwork, manual, inserts. The whole shebang. You would be in the right even if you gave him a negative.[/QUOTE]

He said he'd Paypal me money to get a manual. What do you guys think is fair? $3?

[quote name='Tsel']Absolutely. It clearly states that complete means that every single thing the game came with is required. Case, artwork, manual, inserts. The whole shebang. You would be in the right even if you gave him a negative.[/QUOTE]

No he wouldn't. You can give a Negative for the wrong or broken game but not for "less than advertised".

I received The Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole from Goozex. It was supposed to be Blu-Ray + DVD, but the seller sent me the version with just the blu-ray.

I left a negative, saying I got the wrong product. The seller responded and asked that I send the product back, then he'll refund me 100 points for shipping.

My question is: Can he do that? I didn't know you could refund points in that way, in addition to the points from the trade.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I received The Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole from Goozex. It was supposed to be Blu-Ray + DVD, but the seller sent me the version with just the blu-ray.

I left a negative, saying I got the wrong product. The seller responded and asked that I send the product back, then he'll refund me 100 points for shipping.

My question is: Can he do that? I didn't know you could refund points in that way, in addition to the points from the trade.[/QUOTE]

You can both request that the G-team refund the points, but there's no option for either buyer or seller to do it automatically.

[quote name='dfg']You can both request that the G-team refund the points, but there's no option for either buyer or seller to do it automatically.[/QUOTE]

So I would send the game back to him and then "escalate to Goozex?"

I would escalate first, to let them know what your plan is. I think both of you have to hit the escalate button to get the G-team's attention, but I'm not entirely certain. You might wanna flag down a forum moderator cuz they can get that attention faster.

[quote name='utopianmachine']The death of this thread is sorta indicative of the dwindling activity on Goozex.[/QUOTE]

I've been getting matched more than ever.

I been outta tokens for a couple of months, but I'm still getting matches as a seller. Seems people come to this thread more for CS or complaint-style issues.

[quote name='utopianmachine']The death of this thread is sorta indicative of the dwindling activity on Goozex.[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that. I cannot get a match to save life. Times like this, I wish there was a way to cash out points! I don't want to get a game/movie just to get it.

There should be some sort of email confirmation if a game has adjusted it's price. I don't want to keep checking Goozex every week to see if the game has dropped 50 points so I can afford it.

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']There should be some sort of email confirmation if a game has adjusted it's price. I don't want to keep checking Goozex every week to see if the game has dropped 50 points so I can afford it.[/QUOTE]

I get an email every week from Goozex letting me know what games in my queue has changed point value.

I have 16 games active right now, and only 5 tokens. Some of the games are freaking taking forever to trade. Shadows of the Damned, Kinect Sports, Gunstringer, Rage. You'd think these would be trading quicker.

[quote name='dfg']I been outta tokens for a couple of months, but I'm still getting matches as a seller. Seems people come to this thread more for CS or complaint-style issues.[/QUOTE]

This is my situation. I haven't bothered to refill my tokens for a few months now, but I'm still getting emails letting me know I have matches.

bread's done
Back