OFFICIAL HALO 2 TOPIC

IF there's one thing that Halo 2 has taught me, it's that I hate structures in space or structures created by aliens. They're so damn monotonous and so unfun to play through. Same thing over and over. Oddly though, I enjoy the MP maps.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']IF there's one thing that Halo 2 has taught me, it's that I hate structures in space or structures created by aliens. They're so damn monotonous and so unfun to play through. Same thing over and over. Oddly though, I enjoy the MP maps.[/quote]

seriously, i havent finished the campaign yet but that level where you open the pillar and drop down to the next level 50 times was killing me. the whole section in the library or whatever you called it in the halo1 drove me nuts too so freaking repetitive.

I understand why people hate the repetitive nature of the Halo levels, but has anyone ever looked at our architecture? I mean when I was in high school you could have gotten lost in the corridors because they all look the same. Odds are it'd be like that on a space ship as well.

[quote name='diggityjones']
Bungie hyped this game as the invasion of earth (never really happened). Bungie also said there would be no sequel (bullsh*t)[/quote]
Its possible that they planned more levels and planned Halo 2 to be the last Halo game, but they didn't have time to finish it, so they have to make another to finish the story.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']I understand why people hate the repetitive nature of the Halo levels, but has anyone ever looked at our architecture? I mean when I was in high school you could have gotten lost in the corridors because they all look the same. Odds are it'd be like that on a space ship as well.[/quote]
I understand that, but you've got to have a little more creativity and understand that this is a game. Try to make it a little more varied. Who in their right mind thought dropping through a hole for half a minute or so that twists and turns would be fun? And the Flood has to be the most annoying thing I've ever played against. Ick. Good thing MP is so good. I'll try to force my way through the rest of the Campaign, but what a pain that's proving to be.

[quote name='SteveMcQ'][quote name='evilpenguin9000']I understand why people hate the repetitive nature of the Halo levels, but has anyone ever looked at our architecture? I mean when I was in high school you could have gotten lost in the corridors because they all look the same. Odds are it'd be like that on a space ship as well.[/quote]
I understand that, but you've got to have a little more creativity and understand that this is a game. Try to make it a little more varied. Who in their right mind thought dropping through a hole for half a minute or so that twists and turns would be fun? And the Flood has to be the most annoying thing I've ever played against. Ick. Good thing MP is so good. I'll try to force my way through the rest of the Campaign, but what a pain that's proving to be.[/quote]

I recommend only playing the SP in co-op mode. It is far less annoying when you can make fun of it with someone as you play through.

Calling all CAGs out there. How many of you think Halo 2 online could be so much better? Bungie.net has promised to listen to our requests and take them for consideration.

I happen to think the Team Skirmish online could rock. Bungie currently has the variants set to generally favor Capture the Flag (CTF) which I discovered after doing a little research.

If you go to Bungie.net, you will see a forum section. I have posted a Poll on the site that I want you guys to check out. Its a letter to Bungie. I want the fans of the game to log on and pick their favorite Multi-player type of game (ie: Team Slayer, Bomb Assault, CTF, King of the Hill, etc.)

Log on and let Bungie hear the voice of CAG. Let's see if we can't get everyone voting who plays (& loves) Halo 2. Just think, we could actually get them to create a patch that chages the variants so we could play a few of the other styles.

So go to the Forums section and click on the OPTIMATCH board. My username is Scarface 116. You'll see the Poll Question that asks what your favorite type of mulit-player Team game is online.

Vote whatever you want but give it a shot. Maybe Bungie will get up and fix the problems. Thanks for reading.

[quote name='diggityjones']Calling all CAGs out there. How many of you think Halo 2 online could be so much better? Bungie.net has promised to listen to our requests and take them for consideration.

I happen to think the Team Skirmish online could rock. Bungie currently has the variants set to generally favor Capture the Flag (CTF) which I discovered after doing a little research.

If you go to Bungie.net, you will see a forum section. I have posted a Poll on the site that I want you guys to check out. Its a letter to Bungie. I want the fans of the game to log on and pick their favorite Multi-player type of game (ie: Team Slayer, Bomb Assault, CTF, King of the Hill, etc.)

Log on and let Bungie hear the voice of CAG. Let's see if we can't get everyone voting who plays (& loves) Halo 2. Just think, we could actually get them to create a patch that chages the variants so we could play a few of the other styles.

So go to the Forums section and click on the OPTIMATCH board. My username is Scarface 116. You'll see the Poll Question that asks what your favorite type of mulit-player Team game is online.

Vote whatever you want but give it a shot. Maybe Bungie will get up and fix the problems. Thanks for reading.[/quote]

No more Zanzibar! *clap clap clapclapclap* No more Headlong *clap clap clapclapclap*

Well, at the start of the Metropolis campaign, I love to destroy the tollway booths on the bridge with the Scorpion Tank. Too bad, you can't completely destroy the booths...:wink:

Everyone...Bungie is going to add new playlists to Optimatch. For those of you that posted, thanks. Bungie is going to be offering a Team Slayer playlists for those of us that like to Slay.

There will also be additions to the current playlists and a more open Rumble Pit. Both Major Clanmatch and Big Team Battle will be expanding.

If you'd like to check out the details, go to Bungie.net Forums (Optimatch). Its in a sticky at the top of the page.

See you online.

I must be weird when it comes to this game, most the problems people have didn't bug me.

*Spoilers*

I didn't mind battling the Flood, thought it was less redundant than the first game, I just jumped over them. :) That's my biggest problem with the game, I just jumped away from everyone in the last three levels. The first Halo had more intense battles I think, they got tiresome sometimes, but at least you felt threatened.

The ending didn't bother me either. The main part of this game, running off the Covenant and destroying the second Halo, were accomplished. I felt like seeing the dude from Little Shop of Horrors and knowing that there were a lot more Halos out there was good enough. We know they're gonna make this franchise for awhile so I don't care about the ending being good until the last one.

*End Spoilers*

[No more Zanzibar! *clap clap clapclapclap* No more Headlong *clap clap clapclapclap*

Damn those are the best two maps. Though Zanzibar is really only good for one flag and Headlong is best when you have a group of 16 and no time limit. Waterworks is probably the best for big CTF games.

Yesterday I bought a Fast CAT5e networking cable (350 MHZ) for a Halo 2 LAN party. Will it work for system link? I want to know before I open it.
Also, if Im only going to have 2 Xboxs I can link them together directly, without a hub or anything right?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']
[No more Zanzibar! *clap clap clapclapclap* No more Headlong *clap clap clapclapclap*

Damn those are the best two maps. Though Zanzibar is really only good for one flag and Headlong is best when you have a group of 16 and no time limit. Waterworks is probably the best for big CTF games.[/quote]

It's not a matter of Zanzibar or Headlong being bad maps, but DAMN that's all the playlist ever gives me! I once did 1 Flag CTF in Headlong three straight games, to Zanzibar for another 1 Flag CTF, then back to Headlong for Assault. There ARE more maps for chrissakes!

The randomness of maps is weird, I think its based on rank or something. I hardly ever get Zanzibar except a few times back to back. Headlong I get in Big Team Battle, but not Skirmish. What is rare for me is Slayer. I played my first Team Skirmish Slayer today, I've missed it every other time and I've done quite a few Skirmish games.

Personally, I get sick of Lockout for Rumble Pit and I hate any game on Midship.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']The randomness of maps is weird, I think its based on rank or something. I hardly ever get Zanzibar except a few times back to back. Headlong I get in Big Team Battle, but not Skirmish. What is rare for me is Slayer. I played my first Team Skirmish Slayer today, I've missed it every other time and I've done quite a few Skirmish games.

Personally, I get sick of Lockout for Rumble Pit and I hate any game on Midship.[/quote]

The one I get most often on Midship is Two-Flag CTF with shotguns. The only reason that doesn't bother me as much as it should is that I generally win in a rout in those games. Shotgun-only and Rockets-only games suck it hard.

I've only gotten Team Slayer in Skirmish two or three times out of fourty matches. Thankfully they are adding a Team Slayer Playlist soon... hopefully they leave the Rockets-only and Sword-and-grenade options out. Those games are so lame it hurts.

I played a whole lot of Team Slayer last night in Team Skirmish and Minor Clan Match. It was great. Seems like things are getting a little better. Every Big Team Battle has a ton of douchebags on it though. We also played about 10 matches with teams speaking other languages (french, spanish, & German). I think that is very cool to be playing all different types of folks.

I also found a group of older guys around my age to hook up for a party. One of the guys worked at Bungie (or so his teammate said). He was crazy good and set up a killer match)

Keep shooting

I have translated that letter in "Conversations of the Universe"

**SPOILERS**

To Thine Own Eyes, Prophet of Mercy

Dearest Brother,

I hope this finds you well. My sorrow
and anger precede me with regard to the
atrocity and heresy at Halo. We shall avenge
this destruction with some of our own.
Work proceeds apace (ahead read it wrong sorry) on our battle plan. The
Sangheili will do what is asked of them, and
the Jiralhanae will show the humans what our
strength looks like at close quarters.

But this message concerns neither the
planning nor the discovery of the human
homeworld. Rather I question Brother Regret's
sympathy for this great purpose.

I am aware of his tenacity and ambition,
but I beleive his youth and feckless reacting
may prove to be great risks to the perfection
of this undertaking. You have noted his
rashness in the past, and yet neither of us
has acted.

I suggest that we continue as planned, but
we would both do well to play mind to Brother
Regret, and provide wisdom and guidance
as needed. This matter is too important to
be left to inexperienced hands. Piety is no
substitute for wisdom.

Perhaps I worr too much, you know that
I embrace caution but we cannot have
inexperience or arrogance at this great
journey.

Be pure, be upright, and never rest

By my own hand
Prophet of Truth

**end spoilers**

that was too much work for too little profit. oh well. it was fun to do. reminded me of the Cryptonomicon.

My gripe with Halo 2 has to do with the players online. Why are there so many idiots who insist on sniping in Oddball in Rumble Pit? I understand it's not everyone's favorite game type, but for some jerk to set up camp and snipe or grab the Banshee and go on killing sprees without trying to get the ball is ridiculous especially when other people are trying to improve their rankings.

[quote name='MrBadExample']My gripe with Halo 2 has to do with the players online. Why are there so many idiots who insist on sniping in Oddball in Rumble Pit? I understand it's not everyone's favorite game type, but for some jerk to set up camp and snipe or grab the Banshee and go on killing sprees without trying to get the ball is ridiculous especially when other people are trying to improve their rankings.[/quote]

In my opinion there should be no vehicles in a Rumble Pit match -- I'm looking at you, Ascention.

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='MrBadExample']My gripe with Halo 2 has to do with the players online. Why are there so many idiots who insist on sniping in Oddball in Rumble Pit? I understand it's not everyone's favorite game type, but for some jerk to set up camp and snipe or grab the Banshee and go on killing sprees without trying to get the ball is ridiculous especially when other people are trying to improve their rankings.[/quote]

In my opinion there should be no vehicles in a Rumble Pit match -- I'm looking at you, Ascention.[/quote]

I agree with that wholeheartedly.

Is everyone still happy with Halo 2? This board got awful quiet for all the hype just a few weeks ago.

I still think the game is very tight. Fine tuning my online skills because its all about the multi-player.

I've noticed that the higher your rank gets the better the matches get. Less annoying kids. Less people who can't play on a team.

Played a few Big Team Battles last night that worked like a well oiled machine. I defintely felt the potential for Halo 2 then.

If only some of the team minded indivduals could start playing more often.

Yeah but skills from level 10 and up are such a jump its kinda scary, i was dominating up until i started playing 12's and 13's and then I was learning again. I also play real late at night on the weekends because thats when alot of serious gamers are on.

[quote name='ZeroSupporT']Yeah but skills from level 10 and up are such a jump its kinda scary, i was dominating up until i started playing 12's and 13's and then I was learning again. I also play real late at night on the weekends because thats when alot of serious gamers are on.[/quote]

That's definitely true about the late nights. Those games are tougher. I've been trying to advance a bit and so I've been playing in the afternoon against the kiddies. I finally got up to level 9.

The rumble training list is cool. I can get a couple of my friends and shoot the hell out of each other and everyone else. Nice move.

New Team Slayer is awesome. Great for people that just like shooting other spartans/elites.

[quote name='Gauss']New Team Slayer is awesome. Great for people that just like shooting other spartans/elites.[/quote]

That link is dead that you posted on page 12. I'm really curious how to do a few of these tricks.

Do you still have that link?

Just wanted to make a quick apology to everyone who was playing the Coag CTF clan match earlier. I had to jump out of the game to handle something right after I capped a flag. I tried to tell everyone that I was leaving, but I didn't see that my mic was muted until after I had left. I just didn't want anyone to think that I was leaving you guys high and dry without a reason. The stats for the game aren't up yet, so I don't know if we won or not. I'm really sorry if we lost. It wasn't my intention to leave you guys short a player.

EDIT: dammit, I thought this was the clan topic.

Did you guys read the great news?

[quote name='Bungie Employee']What are you going to do about modem and router exploit cheaters?

Cheaters Beware

As some of you are already aware, there are a number of players online (on all types of online games) who use a little-known modem exploit to cheat during games. Players who have experienced the nasty end of this will have seen mysterious things happen to say a flag or bomb while they've been dumped to the blue waiting screen, while Halo 2 attempts to reconnect. Or reappear and find that they've been killed by the person now mysteriously in the lead by five or six kills. Well, these cheaters are in specific violation of a number of terms of use for Xbox Live and they will now be banned for proven offenses.

That means they will lose access to their Xbox Live account in its entirety. We urge players to continue to use the in-game feedback system for players they genuinely believe to be cheating, but the more specific, accurate game data is tracked easily and comprehensively on Xbox Live servers. We know who is cheating. They will be dealt with. The cheaters know they are cheating and there is no way to do this accidentally. They should consider this a warning. Quit doing it or lose your Xbox Live account.

Oh, and I would LOVE to hear a justification for that exploit from one of the cheaters. Seriously, since by the very nature of the act, the Cheat isn't actually winning anything other than a bag of hate.[/quote]

This is great because This happened to me during a team slayer match. We would kick their ass and it would go blue screen. We come back and they have 3 more kills than us. We get ahead of them again and the same thing happened. They did it a total of 9 times! I was so pissed.

If it was mentioned earlier in this thread, i apologize but this thread is too massive to go through.

Everybody knows by know when you beat the game on legendary (possibly heroic) you get the "comming Feb 9th" text at the end. While the rumors are flying around......a possible theroy

could bunige have a last level for download ? (an addition like the hurricane pack for Ninga gaiden) everybody knows the game ends suddenly... so could it be a possibilty? I think its possibe due to the date feb 9th... consider the release date of halo 2 .. nov 9th. If players started thier xbox live trial then it would expire before Feb 9th. So could this be a marketing ploy for players to buy xbox live. Imagine how many started using live just cause of halo 2.

who knows really.... but just a thought..... could be all bullshit...just gotta wait and see on feb 9th.

[quote name='rajchakrabarti']If it was mentioned earlier in this thread, i apologize but this thread is too massive to go through.

Everybody knows by know when you beat the game on legendary (possibly heroic) you get the "comming Feb 9th" text at the end. While the rumors are flying around......a possible theroy

could bunige have a last level for download ? (an addition like the hurricane pack for Ninga gaiden) everybody knows the game ends suddenly... so could it be a possibilty? I think its possibe due to the date feb 9th... consider the release date of halo 2 .. nov 9th. If players started thier xbox live trial then it would expire before Feb 9th. So could this be a marketing ploy for players to buy xbox live. Imagine how many started using live just cause of halo 2.

who knows really.... but just a thought..... could be all bullshit...just gotta wait and see on feb 9th.[/quote]

The Feb. 9th thing doesn't exist. Beat the game on legendary your self to see. Also bungie.net said its not in the game.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']I'm on now....but I have a new XBL account. I'm not "NarnianCrusader" please update me....I'm no longer "Harmakhet".[/quote]

Did you mean to put this in the clan thread?

[quote name='me2evil13']does any one know what bungie or xbox live is going to do about people leaving games?[/quote]

bungie probably doesn't do anything

I hate when people leave but I would rather see the cheaters banned

everytime you play halo 2 and someone uses standby you should remember the name and then post it here and we can make a list. People leaving and cheating make halo 2 suck and not even fun

[quote name='scuba'][quote name='me2evil13']does any one know what bungie or xbox live is going to do about people leaving games?[/quote]

bungie probably doesn't do anything

I hate when people leave but I would rather see the cheaters banned

everytime you play halo 2 and someone uses standby you should remember the name and then post it here and we can make a list. People leaving and cheating make halo 2 suck and not even fun[/quote]

what's standby?

[quote name='gaelan']what's standby?[/quote]

It refers to the standby feature on a modem. Basically it equates to everyone on the other side of the modem experiencing debilitating lag, while the cheaters employing the standby experience no lag at all and can run free around the map while your connection tries to play catch-up.

[quote name='"Ledhed"'][quote name='"gaelan"']what's standby?[/quote]

It refers to the standby feature on a modem. Basically it equates to everyone on the other side of the modem experiencing debilitating lag, while the cheaters employing the standby experience no lag at all and can run free around the map while your connection tries to play catch-up.[/quote]

i have wondered about that. I know that some people cheated that way i just didnt know that they were doing ti on purpose...........bastards

One positive thing that happened to me when people leave the game occurred yesterday. There wasn't one member of the CAG clan online and I got tired of Rumble Pit, so I decided to try some Team Slayer with random people. A couple of minutes into the match all three other people on my team quit, so it was me against 4 on Ivory Tower. It wasn't really any fun since they had the sword, rocket, sniper, and shotty so even when I could take a couple down there was always someone there to finish me off. But I figured if I just played it out at least my ranking wouldn't be lowered from quitting.

Well looking at my games list on bungie.net afterward, that game is not there! Only the team slayer before that one, and the rumble pits I played following it (since I was pissed and not going to play a random team game again) are there. So it seems that in some cases bungie is "protecting" the levels of those screwed over from quitters.

bread's done
Back