Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much selection this time but I picked up Fallout 3 for 360. They had a few more too. The cashier didn't know about the sale so she called her boss and was told to scan a barcode for the sale. It worked and now this sale was somewhat successful for me.

[quote name='lude21']Thx for the heads up, picked up-

Halo 3
Fallout 3 (360)
Fallout 3 (PS3)
Resistance 2
Skate 2 (360)
Mario party 5
NCAA football 10 (ps2)
Guitar hero metallica (ps2)
Rogue Galaxy[/QUOTE]

I was there right at opening at the DC store today. Luckily, the girl working let us in about 10 minutes early.

LOL I thought I snagged copies of Resistance 2 and Fallout 3 for PS3 that the clerk had put aside at the DC store for you. She said she was 'holding them for someone who said they'd be there at opening'.:roll: Actually, there was a big stack of games on 'hold' for other people too, including a HWV coverart Resistance 2 that some stupid bitch was buying for her 10 year old.:roll: What's the sense of having the ESRB ratings when stupid parents buy their brats M rated titles?

By the time I got to the Keyser store you had already hit there.:lol:

They still have a ton of disc only copies of Oblivion, DMC 4, GTA IV, Motorstorm and some other shit for PS3 at the DC store, but nothing I'd want.

I only ended up picking up:

Fallout 3(mint and complete:D)
Resistance 2(mint and complete:D)

Other than that I was looking for a copy of Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone for Xbox, but they didn't have that.

[quote name='Giordano86'] Did I misread? Is it Game Crazy or HWV that's doing this sale?[/QUOTE]

Yup you misread, its HWV w/o a game crazy attached.

[quote name='sukru']Is there a way to find out which HWV stores does not have GameCrazy?[/QUOTE]

Use the store locator to find out where HWV are, and then do the same for game crazy. Once you find ones that don't GC attached, is a good starting point. If the store is shutting down, they will not have the deal, and just have an everythign in the store is on sale... sale.

[quote name='Gbear09']Use the store locator to find out where HWV are, and then do the same for game crazy. Once you find ones that don't GC attached, is a good starting point. If the store is shutting down, they will not have the deal, and just have an everythign in the store is on sale... sale.[/QUOTE]

The store locator results are promising, but when I do a local search at Bing, the maps are the same. I'll just assume Bing is wrong, and try one of the nearer stores. Hope it works...

Usually I would NEVER suggest calling a store to find out if they're running a sale, but with the amount of stories of 'zomg my HWV store I scored at closed without notice' I'd definitely CALL to make sure they're open first.

Once you find out they're open, make sure they're a HWV with Gamezone section in it and not a full Gamecrazy, as those stores are NOT RUNNING THE SALE.

Once you do that, you should be good to go.

Good luck.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was there right at opening at the DC store today. Luckily, the girl working let us in about 10 minutes early.

LOL I thought I snagged copies of Resistance 2 and Fallout 3 for PS3 that the clerk had put aside at the DC store for you. She said she was 'holding them for someone who said they'd be there at opening'.:roll: Actually, there was a big stack of games on 'hold' for other people too, including a HWV coverart Resistance 2 that some stupid bitch was buying for her 10 year old.:roll: What's the sense of having the ESRB ratings when stupid parents buy their brats M rated titles?

By the time I got to the Keyser store you had already hit there.:lol:

They still have a ton of disc only copies of Oblivion, DMC 4, GTA IV, Motorstorm and some other shit for PS3 at the DC store, but nothing I'd want.

I only ended up picking up:

Fallout 3(mint and complete:D)
Resistance 2(mint and complete:D)

Other than that I was looking for a copy of Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone for Xbox, but they didn't have that.[/QUOTE]

LOL, as soon as i walked in she said she had to sell the complete fallout copy cuz some guy (you) insisted on having it. It's cool, she gave me an original case and booklet anyway
:) She wanted me to tell you that R2 u got was actually an extra one i had held for you, so it worked out in the end. She also said not to get her in trouble for holding games for me cuz she said you seem like that kind of person. LMAO

Did u happen to see "dickbag" there? As i was walking out he had 3 bags of stuff, although it couldnt of been good stuff cuz i saw everything they had yesterday, lol...he's an idiot...Ya i know i flip games here and there, but that dude is the definition of a hoarder/flipper.

Scored:

Call of Juarez 2
Red Faction
Resistance 2
NBA Live 09
Command & Conquer Tiberian Wars
Lego Star Wars TCS (DS)
and one other I don't recall

Left several copies of Fallout for both systems at the Snow Road location in Cleveland. I was the third one there just after opening, the folks ahead of me got 10+ games each. I'd of been there right at open if Google Maps didn't send me off in the wrong direction.

heading down there when they open in 48 minutes. I hope no one is there - I would hate to have to get in a sumo fight over Resistance 2 and Fallout 3.

[quote name='lude21']LOL, as soon as i walked in she said she had to sell the complete fallout copy cuz some guy (you) insisted on having it. It's cool, she gave me an original case and booklet anyway
:) She wanted me to tell you that R2 u got was actually an extra one i had held for you, so it worked out in the end. She also said not to get her in trouble for holding games for me cuz she said you seem like that kind of person. LMAO

Did u happen to see "dickbag" there? As i was walking out he had 3 bags of stuff, although it couldnt of been good stuff cuz i saw everything they had yesterday, lol...he's an idiot...Ya i know i flip games here and there, but that dude is the definition of a hoarder/flipper.[/QUOTE]

You mean our buddy Jerry? Nah. I didn't see him. So I wonder what gave that girl the idea that I was gonna 'rat her out' for holding games.

I mean, personally I think it's bullshit. That's why I was there at opening, so I could get the copies of Fallout 3 and Resistance 2 and have both of the complete copies.

To me, if people want to buy stuff during the sale, GET TO THE fuckin' STORE and don't expect the employees to hold shit for you!?!?!?!

Checked out my closest store and they maybe had 20 total PS3/360/Wii games - so zero luck there. One of the employees said they may be getting in some more games in the next few days but who knows.

I just stopped by my local HW and they had 2 copies of Fallout 3 for PS3 and 2 more for the 360 so grabbed them and super paper mario for the wii went up to the counter and clerk couldnt find the coupon so he called his manager and she said the sale starts tomorrow even after i pointed out that the sign any used game 29.99 for $5 was already out. But he was nice enough to hold them for me until tomorrow. so its all good. Hopefully they will put out some rentals tomorrow.

[quote name='myl0r']if anyone gets an extra :360:GTA4, I'd give them $10 paypal for it. That should cover cost+shipping+bit extra
pm me![/QUOTE]
What about gas, and bubble mailer. Whoever goes for this is not looking at much "extra"

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean our buddy Jerry? Nah. I didn't see him. So I wonder what gave that girl the idea that I was gonna 'rat her out' for holding games.

I mean, personally I think it's bullshit. That's why I was there at opening, so I could get the copies of Fallout 3 and Resistance 2 and have both of the complete copies.

To me, if people want to buy stuff during the sale, GET TO THE fuckin' STORE and don't expect the employees to hold shit for you!?!?!?![/QUOTE]

She told me yesterday to be there by closing, i got there at 11:30 cuz i hit the other one first, since i knew my games would be on hold. In the end, my plan worked and i got what i wanted. And no, it wasnt "jerry"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='myl0r']if anyone gets an extra :360:GTA4, I'd give them $10 paypal for it. That should cover cost+shipping+bit extra
pm me![/QUOTE]

I didn't really check the 360 section beyond more recent titles, but if I go back to the HWV I hit today I'll look for mint/complete copies, though I don't do Paypal.:razz:

Halo Wars applies to the sale and is not listed. My store had two copies. Only bought one, should of bought both. TIV is $14 at GameStop.

[quote name='ackbar7']What about gas, and bubble mailer. Whoever goes for this is not looking at much "extra"[/QUOTE]
figured people were already going to HWV, so it wasn't a trip out of their way
as for bubble mailers, before I bought in bulk, I could usually ship a game for about $3-3.50 when I bought a bubble mailer.
It may not be a whole lot extra, but I only have $10 in my paypal account.

Figured I'd put that here incase someone saw and wanted to help me out.
Obviously you don't, so thanks for your post

For you Northern Nevada folks...

Just got back from the Sparks/Prater location and they didn't have much, but I grabbed the one copy of Super Paper Mario :)

Only other good ones I saw were Saints Row 2 and Midnight Club. They had a bunch of copies of Golden Axe as well as old sports games.

I was tempted for Feel the Magic on the DS, but I held back lol.

[quote name='WhiteCastleRun']Oh, and I think I heard the employee tell someone on the phone that the deal wasn't going on, but got a call later from her manager about it and she looked through the books, found the barcode for the sale, and put the signs up.[/QUOTE]

and

[quote name='Crass']Not much selection this time but I picked up Fallout 3 for 360. They had a few more too. The cashier didn't know about the sale so she called her boss and was told to scan a barcode for the sale. It worked and now this sale was somewhat successful for me.[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I mean! Since most of these HWV's are closing, they probably have a high turnover rate, which in turns mean that they have no clue on a lot of stuff. The market guide is usually a safe bet that employees can find (if there mgr puts it in a specific spot they know about), but the Intranet...not every employee knows to check it. It just irks me that some of these stores are so incompetent. *sigh*

[quote name='mogamer']I just came back from the Clinton Twp. store. There was no $4.99 sale going on. They did have a couple of tables worth of 80% off games from the GC that closed. I spent $12 on six Xbox and one X360 games. All in paper envelopes. So it wasn't a total loss. I'll check out the Royal Oak store on the way home. But they didn't have much in the way of qualifying current gen games last weekend when I was there. Most of the stuff that store has is last gen stuff $9.99 or less.[/QUOTE]

Great heads up for me because I must let my sister know! She lives in Clinton Twp. Thank you.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
To me, if people want to buy stuff during the sale, GET TO THE fuckin' STORE and don't expect the employees to hold shit for you!?!?!?![/QUOTE]

Totally agree! Employees I understand...but everyday customers...gotta atleast keep it fair.

My store was like a wasteland... I did score one mint copy of Fallout 3, but there really wasn't anything else. Thanks OP.

CAGers in NoVA, don't bother with this sale. The one on Rt 7 in Falls Church closed at the beginning of November, the one in Annandale on Little River Turnpike closed around Thanksgiving, the Arlington store's got basically NOTHING current-gen, and the Potomac Yards store has nothing but a few PS2 games.

And at least for the one in Arlington, I got there at the opening, so that wasn't even a hoarder's fault.

[quote name='King Royalty']how are you guys getting Fallout 3? when i went it was marked at $34.99 so i didnt bother picking it up.[/QUOTE]

copied from op: 5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

btw...yes YMMV. HWV's seem to be either closing or in the process of closing and have different sales.

I was able to pick up for the Xbox 360: Resident Evil 5, Juiced 2, Fear Files, Monopoly, Street Fighter IV, and Fallout 3. I also got Guitar Hero Smash Hits for PS2. My HW in Grand Forks, ND had a few copies of Fallout 3 left for Xbox 360 and PS3, but really nothing else worth mentioning. I was one of the first to get there. I tried Movie Gallery in the area, but had nothing there, and she claimed they were not doing the $5 sale.

[quote name='Fergywan']I was able to pick up for the Xbox 360: Resident Evil 5, Juiced 2, Fear Files, Monopoly, Street Fighter IV, and Fallout 3. I also got Guitar Hero Smash Hits for PS2. My HW in Grand Forks, ND had a few copies of Fallout 3 left for Xbox 360 and PS3, but really nothing else worth mentioning. I was one of the first to get there. I tried Movie Gallery in the area, but had nothing there, and she claimed they were not doing the $5 sale.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh... :D grand forks..my old hometown! Heard it was -10 w/o windchill today... one of my sisters still lives up there.

[quote name='King Royalty']how are you guys getting Fallout 3? when i went it was marked at $34.99 so i didnt bother picking it up.[/QUOTE]

Sticker prices can be wrong. It definitely helps to keep up with this thread to see what people are reporting that they picked up for $5, though some of these games may be ones that don't really qualify but people got them due to them being mismarked(Red Faction: Guerrilla for PS3:bomb:, which is still $5 too high for this sale).

picked up resistance 2, mlb 09, fallout ps3 cod:mw 360 today all maked at 34.99 but all rang up at 29.99. thanks so much for the heads up dawn!!

I checked out the HWV here in Cedar Rapids, IA about and hour and a half after they opened. There were no signs posted in the store for the sale like there were for black friday. There was a sign posted for buy 3 used under $15 for $15 though. There was nothing of interest to me though so I didn't even ask about the sale. The only thing that I was marginally interested in were a couple PS2 games. But not enough to interest me to bring home MORE games and the trouble that I might get into for that.

Both stores I went to were picked clean and I mean clean. I don't have a PS2 so didn't check there but even the Xbox stuff was down to a bunch of really sub-par offerings. What I did find were a couple mislabeled recent drops, and then wii games:

Xbox 360
Call of Duty 4

PS3
Fallout 3

Wii
DDR Hottest Party
Punch Out

Thanks to OP and everyone else for their updates. Key points:
-One store didn't know about the deal until I brought it up, just ask if they've received any electronic notice of the deal.
-If you can, it's good to go right as they open it will be a manager or shift supervisor with time on their hands being all kinds of helpful.
-As others have noted, you can trust the prices here (unless it's mislabeled too low). They just need to scan something and it will come up at the $29.99 or less price you think it is.

Good luck everyone.

I can't get by today due to prior commitments but I would love to find Professor Layton and DB, Star Wars: TCS tomorrow when I go. My store never seems to have DS titles but the clerks are always helpful and are aware of the sale.

[quote name='super_dawn']Ahhh... :D grand forks..my old hometown! Heard it was -10 w/o windchill today... one of my sisters still lives up there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we just don't talk about it, lol.

Just a heads up if anyone from Bowling Green, KY has thoughts of heading to our Hollywood Video.

They know nothing of this sale.

And there's very little of the current batch of newer titles that would probably interest most people. Mostly older 2K7 sports titles.

My store wouldn't give me the deal. They said it didn't exist. I think the woman is still mad at me from the last time I proved her wrong.. They didn't have any PS3 games anway.

I tried to get Fallout 3 for PS3 as well (still set at 34.99), and had the lady behind the counter check the price. It came up at 34.99 still, she claimed. What gives? Are these not national price changes? I'm thinking of heading back tonight to see if I can get a different employee to check again. Makes me a bit angry, if she was lying; I wasn't able to find anything else of value, and that would be a wonderful game to pick up.

Just got back from my neighborhood HW its kind of out in the boonies but they had a lot of everything and I mean everything I picked up
PS3
Terminator Salvation
Bioshock
Ski-Doo
Fallout 3 x 2
Mortal Kombat Vs Dc
Mirrors Edge
Resistance 2

Wii
Monsters Vs Aliens
Trauma Center Second Opinion
Da Blob
Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess

They had a lot of stuff that I could of easily flipped for cash but I am not a hoarder I leave the rest to any CAG that might live in the boonies as well

Not to many at my Movie Gallery (Hollywood Video, but in New Hampshire), mostly sports titles, but I did get Lego Batman for the 360.

mine only had devil may cry, stuntman and mlb2k9 for ps3... nothing good for me. had left for dead but i dont have an xbox

I don't have HW anymore in my area. If anyone can find SF4 (PS3) and Punch Out (Wii), I can trade with 1600 MS points. Thanks..

Garden City, MI - Checked it during lunch. only 2 copies of Street Fighter (360). Passed on them. Almost no 360/PS3 stock. Unless you are looking for Two Worlds or X-Blades. :(

bread's done
Back