Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kelegacy']I've made a list of games I want. Infamous doesn't qualify for this deal, correct? [/QUOTE]

My store has infamous for 29.99 used and it does qualify for this deal.

[quote name='scarclone']My store has infamous for 29.99 used and it does qualify for this deal.[/QUOTE]

Shit. I had them check if inFamous qualified the other day and they said NO.:bomb: I'm going to call them and see if the price may have dropped since the other day and if they have any copies.:D

EDIT: I just called and the woman on the phone told me it's STILL $34.99, so you got lucky scarclone. I wish I could get lucky and get that game for $5.:bomb:

Two stores I went to in Houston, Tx. Both did not have anything that interested me, and one store said they were not doing this deal lol. Oh well.

im debating if its worth the long drive to the closest HWV stores.. what's the general consensus so far from people who have checked out stores?

ive already amassed a lot of stuff that i wanted... but then there's always something out there that could be interesting that i dont have like dead space, resident evil, fallout 3, burnout paradise etc

man do i love stacks of games that i never have time to play apparently esp since MW2

[quote name='The SPism']im debating if its worth the long drive to the closest HWV stores.. what's the general consensus so far from people who have checked out stores?

ive already amassed a lot of stuff that i wanted... but then there's always something out there that could be interesting that i dont have like dead space, resident evil, fallout 3, burnout paradise etc

man do i love stacks of games that i never have time to play apparently esp since MW2[/QUOTE]

I know for me, I was one of the first to get to the store. The people there told me that they really don't get much in anymore at all. I mean I was able to get lucky and get most of what I wanted, but there were only single copies. There were very slim pickings. You might get lucky and find a game or two you want, who knows. Depends on what they are worth to you. Maybe try to call them before and ask.

[quote name='Fergywan']Yeah, we just don't talk about it, lol.[/QUOTE]

haha! what?! Thats all anyone talks about is the weather there...not much else...well or the Sioux!!! ;)

[quote name='The SPism']im debating if its worth the long drive to the closest HWV stores.. what's the general consensus so far from people who have checked out stores?

man do i love stacks of games that i never have time to play apparently esp since MW2[/QUOTE]

Depends on that a "long drive" is. People on this site has said a long drive is 10 miles before lol. To me, over an hour is not worth it.

Here is what you need to do before driving there.

1. Make sure the store is open
2. Make sure the store knows about the sale
3. Think of a few games you want and ask if they have them, they can look it up

I've driven 20 mins to a store, took a stack of games up to the register and then got a glazed look when I asked about the sale. I should've broken the rule and called first :)

Well, I posted that I was looking for Army of Two, Bioshock, etc on PS3.. never did I think that I would have a problem finding them, but they were nowhere in site! I managed to grab Fallout 3 on PS3 (two of them, both as gifts) and a copy of MLB 09. Nothing as far as 360 goes - I found a lot of Midnight Club LA, but left those for people who needed them.. same with Fallout on the 360. I would've loved to find Resistance 2 or MK vs. DC.

I tried to get Fallout 3 for PS3 as well (still set at 34.99), and had the lady behind the counter check the price. It came up at 34.99 still, she claimed. What gives? Are these not national price changes? I'm thinking of heading back tonight to see if I can get a different employee to check again. Makes me a bit angry, if she was lying; I wasn't able to find anything else of value, and that would be a wonderful game to pick up.

She was lying.

Went to a few HWVs this morning, they were ransacked minutes after opening. Its obvious the employees took anything of value and left the crap. When i walked into one of the HWV, some asian guy saw i was going to the used games where he was at, and got all worried and started taking the cases of everything of value before i could get there. It was rather pathetic to be honest. I dont know why i keep falling for the hwv trap since ive never gotten in on one of these deals in my entire life, but today was the last straw for me, not walking into another HWV unless i have what i want on hold for me.

On the bright side, i went to a blockbuster on the way home, and they had Disgaea 3 PS3 mint with original case and manual, not a scratch on the disc, for 9.99. Picked that up.

Pretty barren at my local HV. Did pick up the following:

Afro Samurai (Xbox 360)
Need for Speed - Carbon (Collector's Edition) Xbox 360
Disgaea (PS2) - Non greatest hits cover
Ace Combat 6 (Xbox 360)

Went to my local store and didn't find any ps3 games.If anyone can pick me up a copy of Fallout 3 for the PS3 let me know and we can work something out.

[quote name='scarclone']My store has infamous for 29.99 used and it does qualify for this deal.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. My store probably doesn't have anything as they had nothing during Thanksgiving, but I will check anyway. Maybe I'll swing by K-Mart to see if they have Star Ocean Last Hope on clearance as well.

[quote name='shoe478']Depends on that a "long drive" is. People on this site has said a long drive is 10 miles before lol. To me, over an hour is not worth it.

Here is what you need to do before driving there.

1. Make sure the store is open
2. Make sure the store knows about the sale
3. Think of a few games you want and ask if they have them, they can look it up

I've driven 20 mins to a store, took a stack of games up to the register and then got a glazed look when I asked about the sale. I should've broken the rule and called first :)[/QUOTE]

nah i know what you mean but its really not a close drive prob like 30-40 min but in that area theres a few locations not far from each other

it was worth it during the first sale cause i stocked up on so much good stuff esp since ive only had my 360 for a year and great prices for $5.. but now i feel like ive caught up a bit on things i was interested in and the stores seem more cleaned out

even something like fallout 3 for $5 i'm not sure is a deal with $50 of dlc you can nab with the goty edition which will prob drop in price by the time i ever get to play it

i appreciate the feedback tho

Took the long haul to multiple HWV today. Found out that my favorite store in the San Antonio area closed down sometime recently which really stinks because it had the best selection of used games. Anyway, I went to two other stores and managed to come away with the following:

Fallout 3 for both PS3 and Xbox 360 (one of which will be a gift)
Resistance 2 for PS3

Not the best haul but certainly worth the time it took to get to all the stores. Most other titles weren't worth it. I was looking for games close to $29.99 that included the original case. Resistance 2 has the original case and manual complete while Fallout 3 just has the case but no manual.

[quote name='blitz6speed']Went to a few HWVs this morning, they were ransacked minutes after opening. Its obvious the employees took anything of value and left the crap. When i walked into one of the HWV, some asian guy saw i was going to the used games where he was at, and got all worried and started taking the cases of everything of value before i could get there. It was rather pathetic to be honest. I dont know why i keep falling for the hwv trap since ive never gotten in on one of these deals in my entire life, but today was the last straw for me, not walking into another HWV unless i have what i want on hold for me.

On the bright side, i went to a blockbuster on the way home, and they had Disgaea 3 PS3 mint with original case and manual, not a scratch on the disc, for 9.99. Picked that up.[/QUOTE]

But what time did you make it to the HWV stores at? If they opened at 11 am and you got there at 11:30, then you need to be faster next time.

That's the plain and simple truth of it. You need to be faster than the competition and you need to be pushy as hell to some extent(like I was in pretty much demanding the complete copies of FO3 and R2 today that were 'on hold').

fuck that holding shit for customers. If you can't get yer ass to the store at opening, you don't deserve to find any games.:razz:

As of two hours ago, there was one copy of Fallout 3 PS3 left at the Elm-Eugene HWV in Greensboro, NC, but the employee on duty at the time was convinced (as far as he felt like investigating, which wasn't far) that there is no sale. I didn't feel like arguing with him, so I left it.

Outside of that, both Greensboro stores are completely empty.

Got a bunch of stuff at my second store including Call of Duty 360 and Fallout 3 PS3. Very nice people working, they were incredibly helpful.

Should i assume my local HV is dead? Phone is disconnected, and the doors had the signs that read about the locks being changed? I visited a week ago and got there early, so I didn't get to go in- and the drive is about 20 minutes away.

[quote name='bgame2']Got a bunch of stuff at my second store including Call of Duty 360 and Fallout 3 PS3. Very nice people working, they were incredibly helpful.[/QUOTE]

That's how the woman was this morning with me, though my one buddy said when he got there to pick up his held games she said she thought I was the kind of guy who would report her for holding stuff for customers. That makes two instances of people thinking I was gonna report them this week.:roll:

I came close with the snippy bitch at the post office on Monday or so, since I'd kill for a PO job and she was bitchin' bout being stuck there till 7 pm due to holiday hours.:roll:

After she let me grab FO3 and R2(the two I was mainly after today)I didn't really care what she was holding for who. Besides which, the leftover held games were all disc only with HWV coverart and black case shit.

[quote name='Coper3000']Should i assume my local HV is dead? Phone is disconnected, and the doors had the signs that read about the locks being changed? I visited a week ago and got there early, so I didn't get to go in- and the drive is about 20 minutes away.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I'd say its dead... :lol:

Does anyone know if they have a set day for rental conversions? I thought it used to be Sundays? Can't really recall though.

Any chance of there being a standard day for them receiving shipments of used games from other stores? I'm guessing no, but we do have some HWV employees here who are in the know. ;)

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Haha, I'd say its dead... :lol:

Does anyone know if they have a set day for rental conversions? I thought it used to be Sundays? Can't really recall though.

Any chance of there being a standard day for them receiving shipments of used games from other stores? I'm guessing no, but we do have some HWV employees here who are in the know. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha I'm sure it's closed, but the gamer in me really needs to know for sure, haha.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I came close with the snippy bitch at the post office on Monday or so, since I'd kill for a PO job and she was bitchin' bout being stuck there till 7 pm due to holiday hours.:roll:
The grass is always greener... With the unemployment rate what it is, anyone with a job should be thankful!

Any chance of there being a standard day for them receiving shipments of used games from other stores? I'm guessing no, but we do have some HWV employees here who are in the know. ;)[/QUOTE]

Both stores I went to today had a glut of current gen stuff sitting on the rental shelves and I really wish they would get the order to convert some stuff, since I'd go back in a second if I could get some more complete/mint ex rentals.

I even asked the manager last night if he would be doing any conversions and he said no.:bomb:

But knowing my luck they'd only have the HWV coverart, no manual and even the PS3 games would look like someone gave 'em to their baby for a teething ring.:roll:

No set day for games. Movies are every Sunday, but games are depending on the amount of rental in stock. My particular store had a game rental drop in March...and the next one wasn't until this past week! So that gives you an idea of how random it is.

Also..no usual idea of when they ship more games either. We do get new games late afternoon on Fridays so sometimes other games may or may not come in then.

Just got back from the Keystone location and picked up Terminator and Sonic Unleashed for the PS3, mint.

They had a ton of PS3 games that were just transferred from the closing GameCrazys in the area. Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Elders Scrolls, and more. No Wii games, and just a few 360 titles. Only notables were SFIV and Midnight Club. They had Resistance 2, but rang up as $34.99, oh well.

Did I happen to see a fellow CAGer there this morning?

[quote name='UberSwiss']Just got back from the Keystone location and picked up Terminator and Sonic Unleashed for the PS3, mint.

They had a ton of PS3 games that were just transferred from the closing GameCrazys in the area. Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, Elders Scrolls, and more. No Wii games, and just a few 360 titles. Only notables were SFIV and Midnight Club. They had Resistance 2, but rang up as $34.99, oh well.

Did I happen to see a fellow CAGer there this morning?[/QUOTE]

Keystone as in Pennsylvania?:D If so, what part of PA? I'm closer to the NJ border here.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But what time did you make it to the HWV stores at? If they opened at 11 am and you got there at 11:30, then you need to be faster next time.

That's the plain and simple truth of it. You need to be faster than the competition and you need to be pushy as hell to some extent(like I was in pretty much demanding the complete copies of FO3 and R2 today that were 'on hold').

fuck that holding shit for customers. If you can't get yer ass to the store at opening, you don't deserve to find any games.:razz:[/QUOTE]

I was there minutes after they opened, 11:07. Also, i dont think i have it in me to become as much of a prick as you. I will have to settle with paying a little more and not be known as a walking bag of turd. Oh well.

I'm just about done with HWV as well. On Black Friday I called to see if the sale was on and the employee told me it wasn't. I ended up going anyway and the sale was on, but she refused to ring up a couple of games that were mismarked. She outright lied and said they just replaced all the prices on the games when I know for a fact that somewhere near half of the games are mismarked.

Anyway, I went today and both (different) employees claimed the sale wasn't going on and said they had already checked the marketing guide. I'll probably stop by one last time tomorrow but I have a feeling the sale will magically be on.

Decided to give it a call because the closest HWV is about 1 hour away. The lady called and said they weren't doing the deal and I insisted to tell her the coupon code, but she wouldn't listen. :cry:

[quote name='schnitzelg']I'm just about done with HWV as well. On Black Friday I called to see if the sale was on and the employee told me it wasn't. I ended up going anyway and the sale was on, but she refused to ring up a couple of games that were mismarked. She outright lied and said they just replaced all the prices on the games when I know for a fact that somewhere near half of the games are mismarked.

Anyway, I went today and both (different) employees claimed the sale wasn't going on and said they had already checked the marketing guide. I'll probably stop by one last time tomorrow but I have a feeling the sale will magically be on.[/QUOTE]

I love when that happens. That's what was always happening at Kmart around here. The employees would swear up and down that they marked every clearance game, yet I would find 3-5 games which obviously were not marked right since they came up a clearance price.:D

Chances are what happened in your case is either they're both ignorant of current sales or they're waiting till their friends get into the store to buy up all of the good stuff to declare the sale is going on.:roll:

I picked up

GTA 4
Virtua Fighter 5
GRID
Ridge Racer 7
Mirrors Edge

and for the kids
Spiderman 3
Incredible Hulk
Ratchet and Clank Future Tools (prob me too)

All for PS3

I checked 3 stores and only the first one had ps3 games that werent old sports games. They also had plenty Midnight Club LA and Fallout 3, but I already have those. These were at a Movie Gallery too if that matters. They had 2 copies of Uncharted, but they rang up 34.99. I might have to check back next week on those.

Major props to super_dawn for the info on this sale. I also intended to check Target to see if Ghostbusters dropped in clearance price but found it at HWV instead.

Got all these for the 360:

Up
Lego Batman
Afro Samurai
Velvet Assassin
Ghostbusters
Fallout 3
Wheelman

Just went to the only one in my area, pretty slim pickings. A few sports games for the PS3 completely no DS games. I did pick up Fallout 3 for 360 and Super Paper Mario for Wii. So it wasnt a completely wasted trip.

this sale makes me wish i held off on buying some games.. i still have a sealed copy of afro from target from earlier this year i paid 15 for at the time.. and i paid 20 each for ghostbusters + prototype at gamecrazy just a month or 2 ago

that would of scored me 11 games instead of 3 =(

Sadly they didn't have any Fallout 3 :360: so I just got it for :ps3:. I had hoped Prototype :ps3: would qualify for the sale but it was still ringing up as $39.99.

I asked the cashier if they were getting anymore stock in and she said maybe... She explained how her manager had called GC to get some games transferred over, but that GC was being stingy with their games. So I hope that the HWV manager is successful in getting some more stock in, or this sale will be dead to me.

There was literally about 20 games (crappy ones at that) left for :ps3::wii::360:.

Was about to get Indigo Prophecy for :ps2: but I wasn't sure if I should. Does anybody know if it's a good game or not? I don't trust reviews... ever since they gave Perfect Dark Zero a 8/10:p

[quote name='Sway']Major props to super_dawn for the info on this sale. I also intended to check Target to see if Ghostbusters dropped in clearance price but found it at HWV instead.

Got all these for the 360:

Up
Lego Batman
Afro Samurai
Velvet Assassin
Ghostbusters
Fallout 3
Wheelman[/QUOTE]

good pickup bro. afro samurai? only game that i dont have on that list. not a samuel l. jackson fan..

super_dawn does Call of Duty: World at War for Wii qualify for this deal? That store manager wouldn't scan it for me and says it does not qualify...If this sale lasts longer i hope i can get that ;-)

I have called 3 hollywood Videos in San Diego and they all say all they are selling is what was left over from Game Crazy for 80% off.

[quote name='mrman1980']super_dawn does Call of Duty: World at War for Wii qualify for this deal? That store manager wouldn't scan it for me and says it does not qualify...If this sale lasts longer i hope i can get that ;-)[/QUOTE]

I won't be in again till Sunday to do any price checking... They do not necessarily need to scan something to know how much it really is. As long as you noticed the mgr typing/looking it up in the computer, then they would know without having to scan the product. It's easier AND we get docked pts when we have to ring stuff up and delete (F10 for us).

I picked up :360: Left 4 Dead. Also, Vegas CAG'ers, The Durango store is closed (Lease sign is up). However, the Buffalo store has a couple good titles left.
Note: Make sure you ask the employee about other games in the drawers because that's where L4D was (not on the shelf).

Jackpot! Got COD:MW, Skate, and Saints Row 2 for XBOX, RE5 for PS3. Was there when the store opened and the counter guy said "I knew that COD:MW would be the first one to go."

Great day for CAG'ing!

Well again work got in the way, lol . Any way nothing at both stores in my area. If anyone by any chance got an extra copy of call of duty 4 and resident evil 5 for xbox 360 let me know, Thanks

bread's done
Back