Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of you people are so lucky! I had to work and couldn't check out the stores near me until this evening and there is NOTHING to get in SE Portland. Of course, I did get the "some guy came in 5 minutes ago and got a ton of stuff." So, thanks for that. Oh well... at least I got a copy of Saints Row 2 since it was still marked as $44.99 and, therefore, got left behind. Better than nothing I guess - even if it is the PS3 version.

[quote name='imacjenn']Some of you people are so lucky! I had to work and couldn't check out the stores near me until this evening and there is NOTHING to get in SE Portland. Of course, I did get the "some guy came in 5 minutes ago and got a ton of stuff." So, thanks for that. Oh well... at least I got a copy of Saints Row 3 since it was still marked as $44.99 and, therefore, got left behind. Better than nothing I guess, even if it is the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Saint's Row 3? Are you from the future?

Alright, just got back from a 2 hour drive to Dayton, NV. How on Earth Hollywood video's website claims it's 24 miles away is a mystery to me, but it was well worth it.

I picked up:
Xbox 360:
Eternal Sonata
Halo 3
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Guitar Hero: World Tour

PS3:
MGS4
Fallout 3

Wii:
Warioland: Shake It!

DS:
Yoshi's Touch and Go
Pokemon Pearl

Then picked up a bunch of PSP stuff for my gf:
Stewie Griffin Story
Lego Indiana Jones
Patapon
The Sims 2

GC:
Some Scooby Doo game

Combine that with the Super Paper Mario, Sonic Unleashed, and Terminator and I have plenty to keep me busy after my last exam tomorrow :)

If anyone was wondering, the Dayton store had quite a bit of stock left.

[quote name='wafflepacman']Does anyone know if the HWV stores restock their used game collections? As in, they have more games in the back or anything?[/QUOTE]

No, they don't hold games back to put out later or anything like that. Most of the time they don't restock either, unless a store that closed had its stock shipped to the store that is still open. That's one of the few ways they would restock.

[quote name='UberSwiss']Alright, just got back from a 2 hour drive to Dayton, NV. How on Earth Hollywood video's website claims it's 24 miles away is a mystery to me, but it was well worth it.

I picked up:
Xbox 360:
Eternal Sonata
Halo 3
Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Guitar Hero: World Tour

PS3:
MGS4
Fallout 3

Wii:
Warioland: Shake It!

DS:
Yoshi's Touch and Go
Pokemon Pearl

Then picked up a bunch of PSP stuff for my gf:
Stewie Griffin Story
Lego Indiana Jones
Patapon
The Sims 2

GC:
Some Scooby Doo game

Combine that with the Super Paper Mario, Sonic Unleashed, and Terminator and I have plenty to keep me busy after my last exam tomorrow :)

If anyone was wondering, the Dayton store had quite a bit of stock left.[/QUOTE]

Halo 3, Fallout 3, MGS4 are all well worth $4.99, nice haul.

[quote name='aleraiders']ps, i know i took scribblenauts up to the counter, in the comMotion of getting 9 games and talking to the guy (real cool by the way), either i misplaced it or HE SNAGGED THE COPY FOR HIMSELF, as i was on the way home my wife went threw the game and she didnt see the game, we checked the reciept and it wasnt on there, I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED?????[/QUOTE]
Now it is possible that he snagged it, but he could have just lost it. None of the HWVs have much of an organization system for this stuff. At several stores I have been to they have to look through literally every game because everything is just thrown in together. In that situation 1 game is easy to get lost in the shuffle. Sucks though, I'd love to find Scribblenauts for $5.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Halo 3, Fallout 3, MGS4 are all well worth $4.99, nice haul.[/QUOTE]

What was even better was all the games, except for the Yoshi one, were in mint condition with the correct case, artwork, and manual. I've never had an experience like that buying used games, but I did drive to the middle of nowhere lol.

[quote name='wafflepacman']Does anyone know if the HWV stores restock their used game collections? As in, they have more games in the back or anything?[/QUOTE]

while the employee "misplaced/lost" (my scribblenauts i took to the counter, which im starting to think i got hustled for) was talking to me, about HOARDING games, yes he admitted it, i'll give him that, anyways, he told me that the used games they sell are games people trade in at HWV, and sometimes they just start selling extra copies of the games they rent, so it might be just dumb luck, and a miracle if u find a game ur looking for

and i thought i was smooth, got hustled for my scribblenauts!

[quote name='aleraiders']while the employee "misplaced/lost" (my scribblenauts i took to the counter, which im starting to think i got hustled for) was talking to me, about HOARDING games, yes he admitted it, i'll give him that, anyways, he told me that the used games they sell are games people trade in at HWV, and sometimes they just start selling extra copies of the games they rent, so it might be just dumb luck, and a miracle if u find a game ur looking for

and i thought i was smooth, got hustled for my scribblenauts![/QUOTE]

Scribblenauts just same out a little while ago, and if the guy really knows his games he knows he can make some bucks. Probably left it out on the shelf, but didn't want anyone to actually buy it.

Dead for me, two HWV-only left in my area and both are "outlets" and they said they can't sell the games as part of the deal or they will lose their jobs. I give up on HWV, this put the nail in their grave for me. Disappointing because every angle I took to try and get my credit cleared out for this sale has failed.

There are two basic games that you would think that every one of the stores would have too, PS3 Warkhawk and PS3 Resistence 1 -- it's not like those are huge titles at this point, I believe each was a release title. Oh well, I'll find a way to get them, but $5 was a great price if I could have managed.

Great person managing one of the MG's near me but it was still picked pretty clean from the last sale. After a little searching around the store I did manage to pick up:

MK vs. DC (360)
God of War: CoO (PSP)

There are PSP & DS games out there and it is worth noting in the OP, and Dawn you've done an excellent job keeping this thread up to date.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Scribblenauts just same out a little while ago, and if the guy really knows his games he knows he can make some bucks. Probably left it out on the shelf, but didn't want anyone to actually buy it.[/QUOTE]

yea he did seem to know what he was talking about, thats why im questioning his tactics he applies on his customers, just playing im not stressing over it (my wife is tho), but it was like getting stabbed in the back

[quote name='Bootcamperz']I was able to snag copies of SF4(360), Fallout 3(360), Mortal Kombat v.s. DC(360)
, and Resistance 2. The guy at my HWV was nice as hell but considering there is only two stores in IL left open the stock is pretty crappy. I took what was good. when do they usually have deals like this?[/QUOTE]

What IL store did you go to?

[quote name='*Deathblade2']300 games, thats a bit much...I dont think movie gallery would even HAVE 300 used games, not worthwhile ones anyways..while a dealer is a possibility, I honestly think the cashiers are screwing with people when they say stuff like that.

To see the sweet sweet disappointment of just missing the precious :drool: in someones eyes probably adds much needed entertainment to an otherwise boring 8 hour day.[/QUOTE]
I agree.

Well, I showed up at 10:15 am and the girl I know who works there asked "where were you? someone already was here and bought a bunch of games". She said he was waiting outside when they opened. But I guess he didn't buy much. I was still able to get all the stuff that just dropped in price: Fallout3, Valkyria Chronicles, Call of Juarez...picked up some high tiv wii games - the new scooby doo & teenage ninja turtles games both complete and mint as well as Sonic Black night. This time they also had good ps2 rentals for sale Madden 10, ncaa football 10, and GH: 5, smash hits, and world tour, a complete god war 2, and shadow of the collosus. The biggest suprise was when I opened up Halo 3...there was a 2 disc mint copy of Halo ODST in it! Nice... I don't have to open the sealed one I have sitting in the backlog stack. I'm getting spoiled by this store!

Anyone find a red faction guerilla they want to trade? preferably ps3

Does this deal work for any Hollywood Video or only HV's with a Gamecrazy?

I'm a bit confused as to what it means in the thread when it is stated Hollywood Video because from my experience, no Hollywood Video's have ever sold me games unless it was Gamecrazy...

[quote name='Enfuze']Does this deal work for any Hollywood Video or only HV's with a Gamecrazy?

I'm a bit confused as to what it means in the thread when it is stated Hollywood Video because from my experience, no Hollywood Video's have ever sold me games unless it was Gamecrazy...[/QUOTE]

well there are HMV stores that sells games new and used (without a GC), these deals do not work with a GC next to it (cuz they would just tell u "go buy it next door"), there are some that do but its rare

[quote name='Maskim']I got a few. Wii Music and De Blob for neighbor who's had a financial crisis and can't afford christmas presents for her kids.

[/QUOTE]

Good man (or woman)! Love to hear those kinds of things...not the crisis part though, of course.

Yeah I didn't know about this and went in today to see if they had MW2 PS3 back in and walked out with Zelda Twilight Princess for Gamecube for 5 BUCKS! I would have bought Resistance 2 but I was broke until I came home to my mail pile and in it my check!!!

So needless to say I will go back in there tomorrow and get Resistance 2 for PS3 and make a trip around other towns I guess. Do you guys know if Movie Gallery is doing the same thing? Because I used store locator in hollywoodvideo.com and it showed like three Movie Galleries near by. If so, there are about three not too far from here and I could in fact make a killing tomorrow.

I'll post back with more results.

[quote name='aleraiders']well there are HMV stores that sells games new and used (without a GC), these deals do not work with a GC next to it (cuz they would just tell u "go buy it next door"), there are some that do but its rare[/QUOTE]
Ah got it. Thanks! I'll give a few HV's some phone calls and see what I get.

[quote name='super_dawn']
Sounds like a version of a soon to be closing store. One of the locations I worked at about 3 years ago starting selling off their rentals even while still fully functional and renting things out. Us, employees, just thought it was something new they were offering...eh, no... six weeks later we were closed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response Dawn. If the store is in fact closing, do you know if they'll start liquidating merchandise at a certain % off like Blockbuster? There was some mention of closing stores selling stuff at 80% off in this thread. Or did your store just operate normally until it closed?

Hmm unlike the black friday, looks like this deal is gettin reported on SD, which would explain stores being picked over so well.

man i hate this, i went and the lady had no idea what the deal was about, she checked the computer and nothing came up and ended up calling a manager from another store and they said they were but it looks like they already had that deal going for a while cause there was absolutely nothing left other than 4 ps3 (sports) games and like 8 360 games.

Got a pretty good haul from around the OKC area.

PS3
Assassin's Creed
Resident Evil 5
Warhawk
Midnight Club: LA
GT5: Prologue
Resistance (The first one)

Wii:
NFS: Proshift

XBox
Jade Empire: Limited Edition

PS2
Siren

In all, I visited 3 Hollywood Videos and 2 Movie Gallery s. The MGs were bare, but each of the HWVs had a huge Xbox 360 selection. It was hard to find PS3 and Wii games at all the locations. One location did have about 6 PS3 SOCOMs.

FYI for everyone: If your HWV is converting to a HWV: Outlet, ALL games (including the rental section) are on sale, but only the MARKED USED games QUALIFY for the sale. I pretty much got the stares from an HWV employee when I brought 6 games out of the rental section thinking they were part of the sale. I wonder how the "outlet" store is going to work in the future. :roll:

The "outlet" stores sounds more like pre going out of business to me, but who knows HWV is a pretty crazy company.
I'm going out to the boonies tomorrow. Hoping to find stuff at a few that are a little more out of the way. No Call of Juarez, RE5, Sacred 2 or any DS games around here. This sale is too much fun, and usually costs me too much gas money.

[quote name='schnitzelg']Thanks for the response Dawn. If the store is in fact closing, do you know if they'll start liquidating merchandise at a certain % off like Blockbuster? There was some mention of closing stores selling stuff at 80% off in this thread. Or did your store just operate normally until it closed?[/QUOTE]

That store I mentioned (probably one of the first ones to close way back when) we just boxed everything up and sent out to other stores. No liquidation process. A year and half later at my next store...we went through a nice (as well as hellish!) 2 month liquidation process. However...in the past 6 months I have not heard of a single hwv having a liquidation sale nowadays. There have been about 6 stores around tampa and the surrounding areas that have closed with less than one week notice. Told to close the doors and begin shipping stuff back to corporate. :cry:

[quote name='4tygames']

FYI for everyone: If your HWV is converting to a HMV: Outlet, ALL games (including the rental section) are on sale, but only the MARKED USED games QUALIFY for the sale. I pretty much got the stares from an HWV employee when I brought 6 games out of the rental section thinking they were part of the sale. I wonder how the "outlet" store is going to work in the future. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information. I haven't heard of any stores like this (as I said above; most around me just outright close) and hope to find some further details about it, if I can, when next I go into work.

I was talking to some guys at the HW closest to me. They were pretty cleaned out but they told me one store was locked down due to rent issues (had a Game Crazy in it too) and that they have to call their DM every day at 6 to see if they will be open the next day.

This company is bailing stock to keep afloat, only thing we can do is reap the benefits.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']Sounds like every CAG has Saints Row 2 now. Nearly every post I've read included SR2.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't have it. I'd like to get it for the 360 but I'm going to have to settle for PS3 when Best Buy has it for free.

[quote name='WormFOODx']I was talking to some guys at the HW closest to me. They were pretty cleaned out but they told me one store was locked down due to rent issues (had a Game Crazy in it too) and that they have to call their DM every day at 6 to see if they will be open the next day.

This company is bailing stock to keep afloat, only thing we can do is reap the benefits.[/QUOTE]

Back in September I had to do this as well....what a pain! Magically we reopened and have surprisingly stayed open thus far....worst thing to happen to us because we used to be a very busy; profitable store...then no-one came back, afraid we'd close again. Good Job HWV!!! :applause:

I checked one of my local stores today. They weren't doing the 4.99 deal but we're doing a 80% off sale. But that doesn't really cover it either, in reality the sale was every single used game was either 2 or 3 dollars. I ended up getting 9 games for around 20 bucks. All 360 games. None were the greatest of games, the best was Devil May Cry 4, but still, I was driving home thinking a LOT of people paid 60 bucks each for these games at one point and I just get em for 2 bucks. Wow! haha

By the way, is there a Blockbuster thread here? I've searched for one but can't find it. They're having their holiday sale, all used games half off, starting tomorrow and was wondering if that's being posted about somewhere.

Is there a way to find out what movies are going to previously viewed when in HWV? They used to have that info on their website - I used it to figure out when I was going to do a previously viewed run... But now I can't find it. I saw they had already moved Tranformers:ROTF to the previously viewed section...

I'll have to wait until after work to swing by. I didn't realize the last one was going on til mid-day on Black Friday but the girl behind the counter said people walked out with stacks of games on Thanksgiving anyway.

[quote name='lethargic']
By the way, is there a Blockbuster thread here? I've searched for one but can't find it. They're having their holiday sale, all used games half off, starting tomorrow and was wondering if that's being posted about somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Is it starting Saturday? I thought they usually started stuff on Friday. I am probably wrong though.

[quote name='lethargic']

By the way, is there a Blockbuster thread here? I've searched for one but can't find it. They're having their holiday sale, all used games half off, starting tomorrow and was wondering if that's being posted about somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Keep looking - I can definitely guarantee that there is, in fact, a Blockbuster thread ;).

However, are you sure this isn't a franchise location and thus not applicable to most stores? Because we have Blockbuster employees who post in the Blocbuster thread and none of them have mentioned this and I've never heard of such a sale in 5+ years of shopping for games at Blockbuster (and you make it sound like an annual thing). The most they ever do at BBV is buy 1 get 1 free on games $14.99 and under and there isn't one of those going on now. Supposedly there's a friends and family sale event starting this weekend that gets you 30% off games, but only if you have a flyer given to you by a BBV employee - so that's kind of sucky.

The selection of used PS3 games for sale yesterday at the New Bern, NC HWV was laughable. But in a non-funny way. I think there were a total of 6 games, of which I think 2 qualified (Fallout 3 and The Darkness).

[quote name='io']Keep looking - I can definitely guarantee that there is, in fact, a Blockbuster thread ;).

However, are you sure this isn't a franchise location and thus not applicable to most stores? Because we have Blockbuster employees who post in the Blocbuster thread and none of them have mentioned this and I've never heard of such a sale in 5+ years of shopping for games at Blockbuster (and you make it sound like an annual thing). The most they ever do at BBV is buy 1 get 1 free on games $14.99 and under and there isn't one of those going on now. Supposedly there's a friends and family sale event starting this weekend that gets you 30% off games, but only if you have a flyer given to you by a BBV employee - so that's kind of sucky.[/QUOTE]

Really?! Here in Middle TN all of the BBV have had the 50% off used (games and movies) sale for every holiday, but it is usually on the weekend of the holiday. Maybe it is a district thing.

bread's done
Back