Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
went back to movie gallery,

picked up:

PS3 Dynasty Warriors 6
Need For speed Most Wanted PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour 360
:hot: MINT AND COMPLETE Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes GC

[quote name='exileinoblivion']My HWV has Fallout 3 for both systems but it's still marked 49.99[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter what the tag says. You should have them scan the game for you.

[quote name='Armor42']I got lucky!

360:
GTA Episodes from Liberty City (epic win)
Fight Night Round 4
Call of Juarez BIB
Call of Duty 4 GOTY Edition
Big Game Hunter 2010
Fallout 3
Brothers in Arms HH
FEAR 2
Bionic Commando
Devil May Cry 4
Ghost Recon AW2
Army of Two

Wii:
Metroid Prime 3
Zelda TP[/QUOTE]

WOW! Where was this, and do they still have a good selection? Only game worth getting at mine was a Fallout 3... don't get me wrong I'm pumped... but I sure would've rather given them a lot more money!

[quote name='*Deathblade2']went back to movie gallery,

picked up:

PS3 Dynasty Warriors 6
Need For speed Most Wanted PS3
Guitar Hero World Tour 360
:hot: MINT AND COMPLETE Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes GC[/QUOTE]

Went to the only other movie gallery, and picked up a disk only Mario Kart Double Dash, and Xbox Futurama....the futurama was in one of their "sunkissed" boxes. They really need to invest in some kinda window treatment for their stores. I have never seen so many sun faded boxes in my life....

[quote name='exileinoblivion']My HWV has Fallout 3 for both systems but it's still marked 49.99[/QUOTE]

[quote name='emg28']It doesn't matter what the tag says. You should have them scan the game for you.[/QUOTE]

same thing happened with, i was trying to get fallout 3 and she said 34.99

i have a reason why this might happened, she wanted the game for herself and realised it came up 4.99 and lied to my face

i already got falllout 3 at another store for 4.99, so i know for a fact that its 4.99, but im not going to throw a fit

My Hollywood did the $49.99 price tag thing too. I just simply asked them, and the cashier said it was $29.99 then down to $4.99. What a freaking deal! Even though I had already put over 100 hours into it after all the expansions, for $5, I'm sure I will get back to it again.

360:
Fight Night Round 4
Call of Juarez BIB
Big Game Hunter 2010
Fallout 3
Brothers in Arms HH
FEAR 2
Bionic Commando
Devil May Cry 4
Ghost Recon AW2
Army of Two

Wii:
Metroid Prime 3
Zelda TP[/QUOTE]

lol, i hate you.

congrats though. still waiting for GTA to come down..

360:
Fight Night Round 4
Call of Juarez BIB
Big Game Hunter 2010
Fallout 3
Brothers in Arms HH
FEAR 2
Bionic Commando
Devil May Cry 4
Ghost Recon AW2
Army of Two

Wii:
Metroid Prime 3
Zelda TP[/QUOTE]

nice!, does anyone know how/when they get new "used" games in to sell?, meaning when they get new "used" stock in???

Picked up Red Faction 360 x 2 and Fallout 3 360 and they were all marked 34.99. The guy rang it up and was shocked they qualified. Nothing else worth mentioning though.

I bought fallout 3 and prototype for 4.99 and then I went to another store and they had both one said 19.99 and the other 34.99. when I went to buy prototype the cashier said that it wasn't part of the sale. it was marked 19.99!!! so she said she wouldn't sell it to me. the fallout she said rang up 34.99. like I said I bought both previously at another store for 4.99. I think this is crap. I was buying presents this time around and I got screwed.

[quote name='aleraiders']nice!, does anyone know how/when they get new "used" games in to sell?, meaning when they get new "used" stock in???[/QUOTE]

They get in new used stock when either A) people trade stuff to them(which happens very rarely since they don't advertise they take trade-ins too often) OR B) when a manager of a HWV/MG asks for and receives a restock from a nearby Gamecrazy.

Of course, since the TIV's of the games eligible for the sale plummet during the sale I wouldn't expect anyone to trade in any of them during that timeframe.

[quote name='reapersaurus']
super_dawn -
I've had the cashiers check the price on GH: Metallica for both XBox and Wii at 2 different stores, and it comes up as $34.99 (so no dice for this sale).[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll go ahead and take it off the list.

[quote name='namdor_07']I bought fallout 3 and prototype for 4.99 and then I went to another store and they had both one said 19.99 and the other 34.99. when I went to buy prototype the cashier said that it wasn't part of the sale. it was marked 19.99!!! so she said she wouldn't sell it to me. the fallout she said rang up 34.99. like I said I bought both previously at another store for 4.99. I think this is crap. I was buying presents this time around and I got screwed.[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing about Prototype...I know because it happened at my store too...it was stickered 19.99 but in the computer it shows it for 34.99! It seems some other people have mentioned this too. Now for those who "got" Prototype...the mgr on duty probably manually priced it down because it was marked wrong. I do this all the time and never even say anything to the customer. I think most will do this, but if they are newer employees or whatever the situation they might not.

...Fallout 3 on the other hand, sorry, she didn't give it to you. It does qualify...unless it as a Movie Gallery cause it seems some of the games qualifying for HWV do not for MG.

Gonna check today, even if it might have already been raided.

I was there the first day of the last one and managed to get Saints Row 2/Star Wars: FU/Mercenaries 2/Destroy All Humans/SF IV.

Hoping to get at least a couple on this but not keeping my hopes up.

[quote name='cagfansub']Is Hollywood Video and Game Crazy the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Its tricky.

Hollywood Video is like Blockbuster and Game Crazy is like Game Stop.
Both are owned by the same company and are side by side most of the time.

[quote name='aleraiders']nice!, does anyone know how/when they get new "used" games in to sell?, meaning when they get new "used" stock in???[/QUOTE]

Yes.

They rent games. So when the game becomes less popular they wind up selling it.

[quote name='super_dawn']Thanks! I'll go ahead and take it off the list.

Here's the thing about Prototype...I know because it happened at my store too...it was stickered 19.99 but in the computer it shows it for 34.99! It seems some other people have mentioned this too. Now for those who "got" Prototype...the mgr on duty probably manually priced it down because it was marked wrong. I do this all the time and never even say anything to the customer. I think most will do this, but if they are newer employees or whatever the situation they might not.

...Fallout 3 on the other hand, sorry, she didn't give it to you. It does qualify...unless it as a Movie Gallery cause it seems some of the games qualifying for HWV do not for MG.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking that the only reason I got Prototype :360: for $5 was because it was 1) in a generic case and b) did not include the manual. What I found weird was that when I usually get a game with a generic case it at least has the front art work from said game, but when I bought prototype it didn't even have that. It just said Prototype Xbox 360 in Times New Roman or some related microsoft word font.

[quote name='david12795']Will they restock?[/QUOTE]

Why not just ask the employee working at HWV. I've had to ask a couple times at HWV but they seem to be having a hard time getting games from GC.

Had my Movie Gallery check several titles for the PS3 and none of them qualified including Motorstorm:pacific Rift, COD 4:MW, COD 4: GOTY and Fallout 3. Fallout 3 really surprised me since a lot of other CAG's have been getting it, but I was more interested in eventually getting the GOTY later on anyway. Prototype for the 360 was also ringing up at 34.99 as well. I'll probably check in on the sale later on when their systems (hopefully) drop more games to 29.99 and less.

Dawn, you probably want to move MotorStorm: Arctic Edge from the PS3 to the PSP.

[quote name='Tyga24']Had my Movie Gallery check several titles for the PS3 and none of them qualified including Motorstorm:pacific Rift, COD 4:MW, COD 4: GOTY and Fallout 3. Fallout 3 really surprised me since a lot of other CAG's have been getting it, but I was more interested in eventually getting the GOTY later on anyway. Prototype for the 360 was also ringing up at 34.99 as well. I'll probably check in on the sale later on when their systems (hopefully) drop more games to 29.99 and less.

Dawn, you probably want to move MotorStorm: Arctic Edge from the PS3 to the PSP.[/QUOTE]
Don't be surprised, what's written in the OP was HWV prices not Movie Gallery's.

Man, I reallyyyyyyyy wish my local Hollywood video was actually a real Hollywood video. They just use the name because we don't have any in VT, but they are no way affiliated with them :(

My Hollywood Video and Game Crazy suck. Hollywood doesn't sell anything used, and Game Crazy has wicked high prices. All the games mentioned in the list were at least $10 higher than mentioned. Sucks for me

[quote name='super_dawn']
Here's the thing about Prototype...I know because it happened at my store too...it was stickered 19.99 but in the computer it shows it for 34.99! It seems some other people have mentioned this too. Now for those who "got" Prototype...the mgr on duty probably manually priced it down because it was marked wrong. I do this all the time and never even say anything to the customer. I think most will do this, but if they are newer employees or whatever the situation they might not. [/QUOTE]

On Prototype, to further confuse things, it actually did qualify during the last sale (2 weeks ago). It must have gone back up in the mean time. That's why so many are now mistagged at $19.99.

[quote name='io']On Prototype, to further confuse things, it actually did qualify during the last sale (2 weeks ago). It must have gone back up in the mean time. That's why so many are now mistagged at $19.99.[/QUOTE]

I think I remember Scorch reporting that it was on sale at that point at Gamecrazy for cheaper and that's why some were getting it then. But it has gone back up since then unfortunately.

Here's the thread, it was the 360 version ONLY that went to $20 new and $18 used: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240243&highlight=gamecrazy+prototype

It was actually BEFORE the last $5 sale that this $20/$18 pricing happened, so some of these employees obviously aren't restickering stuff properly, huh?:D

[quote name='lamuh13']Crap.
HWV near my house is not doing the sale.
Spring, TX.

May be I should check back next week.[/QUOTE]

Most of the ones in Houston shut down, and I went into one in Missouri City, Tx and the cashier gave me a weird look when I mentioned $5 ps3 games

Nothing but old 360/ps2 games there anyway mostly madden 06, harry potter ps2 games, and other crap

[quote name='io']On Prototype, to further confuse things, it actually did qualify during the last sale (2 weeks ago). It must have gone back up in the mean time. That's why so many are now mistagged at $19.99.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. That makes sense.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

It was actually BEFORE the last $5 sale that this $20/$18 pricing happened, so some of these employees obviously aren't restickering stuff properly, huh?:D[/QUOTE]

That would be me! haha...I hate restickering things. Out of all the jobs to do at hwv it is my least favorite. When I do the pv movie pulls on sundays...I'll scan, print the labels, and leave the stickering to someone else. lol I'd rather do something else. ...the movies will get updated stickers more so than the games anyway.

[quote name='cagfansub']Is Hollywood Video and Game Crazy the same thing?[/QUOTE]

yes they are part of the same company, stand alone HMV are USUALLY the ones with these type of sales, cant go to a HMV with a GC and ask for games cuz they'll tell u "go next door to game crazy"

[quote name='chickenbutt']Is the 4.99 sale at the Hollywood Videos that use to have a Game Crazy next door?[/QUOTE]
You should go back and count how many times this question has been asked. I bet you would find the answer in there as well.

I got :360: Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition and :360: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood both in mint condition at the Whitman, MA HWV.

[quote name='ackbar7']You should go back and count how many times this question has been asked. I bet you would find the answer in there as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh sorry. I'll go check.

Picked up quite a few good games. I live in Kent, WA and I got Resistance 2, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP), GTA: Vice City Stories (PSP) all for $5. I also checked out the one in Fairwood, WA and they had a couple of Fallout 3's for the PS3, just giving you guys a heads up.

I picked up The Bigs 2 and Bioshock (both mint and complete) at the Pearland,TX location today

I passed on a few other halfway decent titles and didn't really have time to look through everything, but I am definitely happy to grab those two titles for $5 a piece!

Okay went by the one in Memphis , TN and picked up lots of goodies :
xbox 360 :
Fallout 3 ( 3 copies )
Red Faction ( 2 Copies )
God Father II ( 2 copies )
2K sports NHL2K10 ( 1 copy ) ( on box it said 44.95 , but store manager was happy to give it to me for 5 )

PS3:
Fallout 3 ( 1 copy )
Genji ( 1 copy , game is that much anways )
God father II ( 1 copy )
Red Faction ( 2 copy ) ; )

I hope you all get great deals like me and many others have , Happy Cheap ass shopping

Unfortunately caggers had picked most clean already, feared that since it's been a couple days since the sale stared.

But still managed to pick from the scraps

360 - Prince of Persia
360 - Ninja Blade
360 - Eternal Sonata
360 - WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009
NGC - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

[quote name='chickenbutt']Is the 4.99 sale at the Hollywood Videos that use to have a Game Crazy next door?[/QUOTE]
Just in case you couldn't find the answer, or for the next person who comes along wondering the same thing, I think the best answer is ymmv. My local store, and I remember reading the same account from others in this thread, is not participating because they still don't have any former rentals converted to used games for sale. The only games they do have are leftover from the closed GC and are 80% off. So you're in luck if you're looking for Lego Indy or Kung Fu Panda on the 360.

Bad experience today, wanted to pick up some used PSP games inside the glass case, employee at the store couldn't find the key and after 10mins of trying, gave up and apologized (asked me to come back another day), so I left without the games I wanted. Hopefully they are still there when I go back next week...

Spoke with the manager about pulling game rentals. He said his boss had let him do so, but after asking about making them available for the 4.99 sale (since this kind of sale is rental and not PV), he told me to make a list of games i'd like to purchase, and then he'd call his boss to see if it's cool.

Can't wait. I hope i'll at least get a few of the games I listed.

[quote name='Gertle627'] The only games they do have are leftover from the closed GC and are 80% off. So you're in luck if you're looking for Lego Indy or Kung Fu Panda on the 360.[/QUOTE]
I was able to get MLB 08: The Show, Fight Night 3 (360), Guitar Hero 2 (360), and Fantastic Four: ROTSS (Wii) for $8. At the store I was at it seemed like if someone wanted to dedicate, I don't know 6 hours or so, to go through the 5 or 6 racks full of games (mostly PS2 and 360 many just in sleeves) one could probably have found some hidden jems. Tough to say though, there were just so many games. Didn't have time, and it was relatively far out of my way. This was in Redmond, WA if anyone wants to invest the time, or if anyone just can't say no to a game at under $3.

i got the following to day
resistance 2
rock band 2 x2
saints row 2
cod my goty
transformers revenge of fallen
mx vs atv unleashed
nascar 09
fallout 3
50 cent blood on the sand

cool thing was they only had a couple games on shelf, the the chick said wait i have this drawer of recent trades, thats were i really racked up

picked up sf iv on 360 mint then picked up 6 other 360 games and traded those in at eb as they had trade 4 get $20 extra trade in and got nearly $60 in credit to pick up RE5, oblivion goty, and gears of war 3 limited edition all for 360 - needless to say $38 got me 4 great games - too bad the games I traded in were mostly not mint except for saints row 2 and midnight club but not really interested in those - however, for those who don't care about mint - tons of options at the one I went to

Hollywood Video can be real buttholes sometimes. At first I went to a local Hollywood Video asked if they were doing the 4.99 sale, they said she didn't hear anything about it and said the used games were 3 for $15, then she looked in her MG mag and saw the sale was on. Tried to check out there and since I am a powerplay member the coupon wouldn't work right, it only took off the 10% and wouldn't do the 4.99. So they proceeded to call corporate, I probably stood there 10 or more minutes but finally got it to work. They had to ring it up as store cash and not use your powerplay membership. Then I went to another Hollywood Video in a different county which was apparently an outlet store, ran into some MAJOR problems there. I walked over to the games picked up what I wanted and then asked if they were doing the 4.99 sale and she called her manager and she said they weren't allowed to do it. I went back when the manager got there so I could talk to her about it. I complained for I don't know how many minutes, she tried to show me the sale ended already a month ago in a old MG promotion book. I told her I had already saw the new promotion book and the sale was going on. She got pissed because I knew what I was talking about and she had to give the games to me for 4.99 each.

bread's done
Back