Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread II - All Stores CLOSING!

super_dawn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Thank you for stopping by the Official CAG Hollywood Video Deals Thread!

"Thank you to Thekrakrabbit for originally starting the HWV Deals Thread and for passing the torch onto me."

(updated 5/4/10)

RECENT NEWS: MG/HWV files for Chap. 11 Bankruptcy for the 2nd time! ALL STORES CLOSING!

http://www.richmondbizsense.com/2010/05/03/movie-gallerys-closing-act/
http://www.globest.com/news/1653_1653/portland/184780-1.html
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/movie-gallery/movie-gallery-shutting-down-all-stores-19261
http://www.myce.com/news/hollywood-video-finally-closing-its-doors-29290/

Please search the store locator for stores in your area that will be closing! Thank you.
http://hollywoodvideo.com/storelocator.aspx

If you have a problem with anything related to Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery/Game Crazy,
call 1-8SpeakToUs (1-877-325-8687).

Most Asked Question...WHEN PRICES DROP?

All stores vary when prices will drop because it depends on how well the inventory is selling. If selling fairly well the store could possibly stay open longer, if not, the store may close down earlier preventing any further discounts from happening. From what I've noticed most price drops happen once a week (days vary) and then the last two weeks they drop much quicker...every 3 days or so. Hope this info helps!

CURRENT LIQUIDATION GAME SALE INFO

The first 800 HWV store closings have finished and all stores are beginning the process over again. You will need to check in with your area store periodically about current discounts because each store is different. Current Speculation is that all stores will be closed within 10 weeks...so by July.

I do not have a master list of prices unfortunately. Most stores have gone through and price stickered the older games. There is a possibility of the newer games being price stickered as well, but until then, you will have to inquire about the price with the employee. Most prices for the newer games in the computer range between $30-$50 and then take whatever their current discount is off that price.

ALL other Deals at HWV Closing stores:

These discounts below are taken from my store's last week of closing. Just to give anyone an idea as to how low your store may go.

80% off Used DVDs higher than $14.99
80% off Used Rental Blu-Ray (range from $2-$5!)
80% off all Used Games including transferred Game Vault games
80% off all New Games
80% off Novelties (Toys, posters, game guides, board games)
80% off New DVDs
80% off New Blu-Ray
80% off Candy, Snack, & Drinks
80% off Accessories
80% off Hardware

$1.99 each Used New Release Rentals
.99 cents Core Collection DVD rentals or 6 for $5
$1.98 Core Collection Blu-Ray rentals
$1.99 Used DVDs priced $14.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $12.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $9.99
.99 Used DVDs priced $5.99

Used Games listed Under $29.99 in computer (YMMV)

:360:
50 Cent Blood on the Sand
Ace Combat 6
Afro Samurai
Alone In the Dark
Army of Two
Assassin's Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Damnation
The Darkness
Dead Rising
Destroy All Humans Path of Furon
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fable II
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fight Night Round 4
Ghostbusters
Gears of War 2
GTA 4
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero World Tour
Halo 3
Halo Wars
HAWX
Infinite Undiscovery
The Last Remnant
L4D
Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga
Mirror's Edge
Mortal Kombat vs DC
Ninja Blade
Ninja Gaiden
Overlord
Phantasy Star Universe
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Resident Evil 5
Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
Saints Row 2
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection
Street Fighter 4
Tenchu Z
Terminator Salvation
Tetris Evolution
Timeshift
Tomb Raider Underworld
Too Human
Velvet Assassin
Vesperia
Vikings
Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed
Bad Company
Bigs 2
Bionic Commando
BioShock
Blitz the League II
Burnout Paradise
Call of Juarez
Chronicles of Riddick
Civilization Revolution
Clive Barker's Jericho
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dead Space
Destroy all Humans
Eternal Sonata
Fantastic 4 Rise of the Silver Surfer
Fallout 3
Far Cry II
Fuel
Ghostbusters
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Grid
GTA 4
GT5 Prologue
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf out of bounds
Lord of the Rings Conquest
Metal Gear Solid 4
Midnight Club: LA
MLB 09 The Show
Mortal Kombat V DC
Need For Speed Carbon
Need For Speed Underground
Overlord
Pure
Ratchet & Clank Tools of the Future
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Rock Band 2
Saints Row 2
Silent Hill Homecoming
Ski Doo Snowmobile Challenge
Sonic Unleashed
Soul Calibur 4
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Street Fighter IV
Timeshift
Trivia Pursuit
Uncharted
Up
Virtua Tennis 3
Wanted
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

:wii:

Alone In the Dark

Big Brain Academy
Big League Sports
Bigs 2
Boom Blox I & II
Carnival Games
Conduit
Deadly Creatures
Dead Rising Chop
De Blob
Donkey Kong Barrel
Elebits
Family Feud
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time
Food Network
Ghostbusters
Ghost Squad
Guitar Hero World Tour
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Indiana Jones (priced $12.99)
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Mario Strikers Charged
Mario Power Tennis
Metal Slug Anthology
Mini Ninjas
Monkey King (Already $4.99)
My Sims Kingdom
Need For Speed: Proshift
Overlord
Press Your Luck
Price is Right I & II
Punch Out
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Sonic Black Knight
Soul Calibur Legends
Spongebob Truth or Square
Star Wars Light Saber Duels
Stars Wars The Clone Wars
Stars Wars The Complete Saga
Super Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia
Up
WarHawk
Wario Land Shake It
WarioWare Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Zack & Wiki ($9.99)

:ds:
Advance Wars Days of Ruin
Animal Crossing Wild World
Call of Duty
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrrow
Digimon Wold Dawn
GTA China Town Wars
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 385/2 Days
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Lego Batman
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Mario Kart
New Super Mario Bros
Nintendogs Dalmation, Lab, etc
Phoenix Wright
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Pearl
Pokemon Platinum
Professsor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Scribblenauts
Rhythm Heaven
Yoshi's Island

:psp:

Class of Heroes
Dissidia-Final Fantasy
FiFa Soccer '10
God of War
Motor Storm Arctic Edge
Patapon
Resistance
Sims 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed

Hollywood Video Game Trading Info
- You must sign up for a Hollywood Video Rental account in order to take advantage of any trades
- You must sign up for a new Hollywood Video account at every store you wish to trade at (Each store is separate)
- Employees cannot access your trading/purchase history from store to store
- You may get a price quote print out before you decide to trade-in any games
- Trade-in credit can be placed onto your Hollywood Video account or onto a giftcard (Only in $5 increments)
- Trade-in credit can only be used on the account it is placed unless you take the giftcard option in which you may use it at any Hollywood Video/Game Crazy/Movie Gallery location

Any Forum Trades; please visit http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230651

Special Ordering Used or New Video Games

Beginning December 14th, ALL Hollywood Video stores will have the ability to place New & Used GAME Special Orders. Customers who cannot find games or accessories can place a Special Order and have it shipped from any Game Crazy/Game Zone store to their Hollywood Video for pick-up.

* Shipping Fee is $6.00 (Possibly per game if being shipped from different locations)
* Most Special Orders arrive within 7 days of ordering
* Outlet Stores do not participate in Special Orders, so YMMV on all stores.

Special Orders include:

Strategy Guides
New & Used Controllers
New & Used Games
New & Used cables, cords, and accessories
Toys & Figures

There is a list of product either on a waiting list or permanently out of stock; I may include this at a later point when I have more time. It's quite long.

Important notes (please read these before posting questions):

1) 99% of these deals will NOT work in a Game Crazy. They have their own deals; please refer to http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234882 These deals will also more than likely NOT work at a Hollywood Video with a Game Crazy attached! However, Movie Gallery may or may not have some of these same Game deals! "Movie Gallery bought Hollywood Video", hence the reason for some of the same sales at either HWV or MG.

2) Hollywood Video employees will need to scan a coupon code in order for any game to be discounted.

3) Hollywood Video's store hours vary from location to location, especially with all the store closings. Please call.

4) If you would like to contribute to any game deals, please when posting, include game, system, price, city and state.
For example:
Dragon Quest VIII, PS2, $4.99
Tampa, FL (Temple Terrace)

5) Hollywood Video's are mostly movie rental stores (games are not as important to them to keep up on), thus, always double check on sticker prices because 50% of the time they are probably stickered wrong. ;)

6) Do not trust the store locator at HollywoodVideo.com Google it and call first. That store might already be closed!

7) Hollywood Video does not do cash back if a game is damaged or you "already own it". Used games have a 90 day guarantee. You have a few options: swap for same title, swap for a different title if they do not have it, or using the disc buffer machine to try and fix the game. Hollywood Video also does disc buffing for personal items at a $1 per disc.

8) ALL sales are FINAL during the closing sale. Usually within the first few weeks of the sale if you do purchase something that does not work they MAY swap it for you. YMMV!!!

Previous HWV Thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235408

***I appreciate any and all comments/suggestions/adds to the OP! Either post here or even PM me if you'd like.
Thank you and I hope everyone finds some excellent deals!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']I finally went to my local HWV today and they were in the process of putting out all the Game Vault games for sale (new releases are still for rent and not for sale). It is 20% off used games of course. I was talking to the manager and he confirmed what I suspected - people are stupid and buy up tons of crap because it is "clearanced" or "liquidated" and they've sold a ton of games at the 20% off mark. The funny thing is I saw people with armfuls of games that were there before the sale started and at that time were B1G1 (for $14.99 and under). They didn't buy them then, but will buy them now at 20% off (and no B1G1 any more at this store). I have a hard time looking at any of the games for purchase when I was used to getting them for $4.99. Even if anything makes it to 50% off I'd be hesitant. And by the way people around here are behaving I doubt much will be around then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw the same when I went. The selection was horrible. No A list titles...not even B list titles. There was stuff like Golden Compass or overpriced games like Blue Dragon for $20 yet people were clearing out the rack. I might understand a bit at least if they were buying stuff like Gears of War or Uncharted...you know good stuff? By buying copies of Golden Compass cause you want to get a 'deal' was laughable.

They actually had a decent selection of $2.99-4.99 videos though.

[quote name='J7.']Any word on what the new game sale promo is at stores that are not closing? The previous promo ended yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know too, I might drop down tomorrow to check on it. Hopefully they are at 50% of sale. The one closest to me thats closing is supposed to start pulling the newer rentals to place them for sale today, but no word yet if the 20% of will still be the norm.

[quote name='rawrker']I'd like to know too, I might drop down tomorrow to check on it. Hopefully they are at 50% of sale. The one closest to me thats closing is supposed to start pulling the newer rentals to place them for sale today, but no word yet if the 20% of will still be the norm.[/QUOTE]

Unless the liquidators want to move quickly to sell out the stores they're in charge of, the percentages usually slowly creep up there. So don't be expecting to see 50-60% within a week or two of the store closing signs going up.

The one Blockbuster by here that was liquidated took about two to two and a half months to finally close, since the percentages were moving upward VERY slowly.

During the week they planned on closing the percentages for sealed/new games was still only 20-30% and the only thing they had left was the $80-90 Halo War CE and some other 'bundled' games that were about the same in price.

The only thing decent by the closing week at that store was the DVD's($1.99 each), but unfortunately much of the newer releases and many of the newer games were packed up to be shipped off to other stores.:roll:

I've gotten some good DVD deals at stores in the independent and foreign sections, cause people usually skip over those for new releases, but the game selection during the liquidations is terrible. Never found one thing, whereas with the $4.99 game sale I got plenty of good games. Stores staying open and having regular sales is far better than any deals to be had during these "sales".

[quote name='skinkrawl']I've gotten some good DVD deals at stores in the independent and foreign sections, cause people usually skip over those for new releases, but the game selection during the liquidations is terrible. Never found one thing, whereas with the $4.99 game sale I got plenty of good games. Stores staying open and having regular sales is far better than any deals to be had during these "sales".[/QUOTE]

Try telling that to the normal shnooks who see 'liquidation' and some piddily percentage off and think it's the greatest deal EVER.

With the way they pillage these closing stores of games/dvd's, you'd think they had never seen a discounted game/movie in their damned life.:roll:

today was lame...at first my store was selling absolutely every game at 30% off...which i didn't bit on cuz it was still too steep...then I went back today...it was only 20% off....and they had put the newer titles as off limits and only available to rent...LAME!

My local store was insane lots of idiots buying what ever they could at 20% off like it was a good deal or something. It was ridiculous what people were buying and at what price but as they say a fool and his money are soon parted. At this rate I have no hopes of there being anything left when the percentages are favorable. I did pickup Quantum of Solace ps3 for about 3.50 so my trip wasn't a total bust.

[quote name='josh62488']today was lame...at first my store was selling absolutely every game at 30% off...which i didn't bit on cuz it was still too steep...then I went back today...it was only 20% off....and they had put the newer titles as off limits and only available to rent...LAME![/QUOTE]

Read blisskr's post and you'll see why. They are selling a ton of crap at 20% so there's no reason to offer anything better as of yet.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Try telling that to the normal shnooks who see 'liquidation' and some piddily percentage off and think it's the greatest deal EVER.

With the way they pillage these closing stores of games/dvd's, you'd think they had never seen a discounted game/movie in their damned life.:roll:[/QUOTE]

True, the B-Dalton or Waldenbooks or whatever in the mall here just closed, it was crammed full with people in the final day buying crap for 30% off. I looked at a few books then bought them on Amazon later for much, much, cheaper.

[quote name='Optical']Any idea how much they sell Yakuza 2 for? I saw one at my store, but the line to checkout was half way the length of the store so I didn't bother.[/QUOTE]

no idea but I would easily pay 20$ shipped if anyone finds it. :bouncy:

[quote name='J7.']Any word on what the new game sale promo is at stores that are not closing? The previous promo ended yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I work at a movie gallery that will remain open and the new promo is buy 3 games for 15 dollars, that is valid on anything 7.99 and below, so actually a worse promo than the one that was going on.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Try telling that to the normal shnooks who see 'liquidation' and some piddily percentage off and think it's the greatest deal EVER.

With the way they pillage these closing stores of games/dvd's, you'd think they had never seen a discounted game/movie in their damned life.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that's why you see some furniture stores and other places that constantly have banners like "RETIREMENT SALE" just because it gets people into the store. I used to frequent this one record store that had a retirement banner hung the entire time I went, which was over the course of years. Stuff like that draws in the average Joe.

It also makes you realize that some of these chains could stay open if they promoted their sales/specials better.

[quote name='brownda1']I work at a movie gallery that will remain open and the new promo is buy 3 games for 15 dollars, that is valid on anything 7.99 and below, so actually a worse promo than the one that was going on.[/QUOTE]

Wow, there's a letdown.

[quote name='skinkrawl']Oh yeah, that's why you see some furniture stores and other places that constantly have banners like "RETIREMENT SALE" just because it gets people into the store. I used to frequent this one record store that had a retirement banner hung the entire time I went, which was over the course of years. Stuff like that draws in the average Joe.

It also makes you realize that some of these chains could stay open if they promoted their sales/specials better.[/QUOTE]
Like it's been mentioned in this thread several times. Bad management is the prime cause of companies going down. :cry:

Movie Gallery doesn't get it, but the liquidation companies sure do. ;)

The new promotion doesn't mean anything to me now. The closest store to me that's not closing is 10 miles away in an area that I never travel to. So after the closings are over, this company is pretty much dead to me.

[quote name='skinkrawl']Oh yeah, that's why you see some furniture stores and other places that constantly have banners like "RETIREMENT SALE" just because it gets people into the store. I used to frequent this one record store that had a retirement banner hung the entire time I went, which was over the course of years. Stuff like that draws in the average Joe.

It also makes you realize that some of these chains could stay open if they promoted their sales/specials better.[/QUOTE]

The one furniture store in my area was doing that constantly(having 'going out of business' sales)and they were still open after 15 years.

Then, when they actually did go out of business I think people were actually kind of shocked about it.:lol:

[quote name='josh62488']arent discount prices (% off) signage updated on sundays/ mondays[/QUOTE]

NOT every week during a going out of business sale, since if stuff is selling briskly then there's no reason for them to up the markdowns.

looks like the 3 HV in my town are all closing. Purchased Lego Batman (PS3) for less than $7, since it was 20% off the marked price of 7.99. Decent flip to GS where trade in value is $7, if combined with another game to get the $10 trade in bonus.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The one furniture store in my area was doing that constantly(having 'going out of business' sales)and they were still open after 15 years.

Then, when they actually did go out of business I think people were actually kind of shocked about it.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, furniture stores are always doing that. I guess you can't do it with a place like HWV since you're renting movies and games, due to the confusion it would cause, but you can at least advertise your sales better. During Black Friday when they had the $4.99 games, some employees didn't even know until I asked them. If they had signs up on the outside of their building announcing it, they'd do the kind of business they're doing now.

[quote name='labrat34']looks like the 3 HV in my town are all closing. Purchased Lego Batman (PS3) for less than $7, since it was 20% off the marked price of 7.99. Decent flip to GS where trade in value is $7, if combined with another game to get the $10 trade in bonus.[/QUOTE]

is this universal to all closing hollywoods?

I made the trek to one of the closing stores and...yeah... It's amazing how apeshit people go over 20% off of prices that aren't even competitive with other stores. $10 old DVDs was not a deal... I looked through them and A LOT of them you can find used on Amazon for

[quote name='brownda1']I work at a movie gallery that will remain open and the new promo is buy 3 games for 15 dollars, that is valid on anything 7.99 and below, so actually a worse promo than the one that was going on.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info.

[quote name='Toss']My local HWV hasn't paid its rent for 6 months, one of the workers told me. She said they were trying to negotiate a rent decrease. They may get shut down before they ever pay rent again.[/QUOTE]

HOLY CRAP, THAT'S WHAT HAPPEND TO OUR HWV

They said rent hadn't been paid for that store since Aug '09 and they closed Dec 26th, '09

I think Corporate planned this all along, regardless, shutting down all of these chains to profit for themselves. Bet they are all sitting on some nice "nest eggs" after the restructuring.

[quote name='Squall835']Are Blu-Rays being sold, or are they shipping them to the surviving stores?[/QUOTE]

I think most of the rentals are being sold, $14.99. Not so great.

My store is still doing blu-rays for $16.98, but core movies are down to 3 for $25, still not GREAT, but better. I did snag some decent game deals like Gears 2 for $16 and Infinite Undiscovery for $5 and Tales of Vesperia for $23. Granted they were all in the generic renter boxes, but I usually don't sell back games, so it's no biggie.

I'm sorry I haven't been around the past few days...been really busy. And I also have to make this quick too since I have a couple more busy days.

Thanks for letting me know! I haven't seen the new sale yet. Are u sure its for the 7.99 and below and not the 14.99 and below? It just seems weird that they wouldn't just cycle to the older sale they had a couple months ago. eh...idk.

[quote name='HCHecxz']HOLY CRAP, THAT'S WHAT HAPPEND TO OUR HWV

They said rent hadn't been paid for that store since Aug '09 and they closed Dec 26th, '09

I think Corporate planned this all along, regardless, shutting down all of these chains to profit for themselves. Bet they are all sitting on some nice "nest eggs" after the restructuring.[/QUOTE]

Ok. I'm a little tired...hope I'm explaining this right, but I believe hwv did do this on purpose because they'd try to hold out as long as possible without paying rent and before the landlords came to lock up...they'd have the employees ship out all product to corporate over 3 days... now that they've claimed bankruptcy I think they have some sort of protection for breaking their lease. Atleast this is what I and my current mgr discussed because his store did this and he knew for a fact their lease was not up for another 3 years.

[quote name='agentorange14']My store has signs on every shelf of new release rentals that says 5 day rentals $2.99. Turns out this doesn't apply to the new release rentals. Go figure.[/QUOTE]

Uh...it's probably the powerplay signs...yea, those are new rentals for $2.99.

....oh and "core collection"/category rentals dropped to $8.99 now.

Not sure if this is company wide, but my store now has Game Vault games at 30% off. The 360 section is really getting picked over. But there is still a decent number of titles for all systems.

My local store had signage up Monday-ish that they were going out of business. Used games 20% off. They only had 360 stuff pulled thusfar but it was all marked 9.99 and I got a good number of games for 8 bucks. Bioshock, Mass Effect, Tales, Eternal Sonata, a couple other RPGs, Beautiful Katamari, etc. I went back a couple days later to see if they'd pulled PS3 stuff yet but the douchebag whose eyebrows meet and start running down his nose said they were taking everything off to reprice it. I knew that wasn't good. Went back today and everything was remarked seemingly to what the MSRP would be for a new copy. Some DBZ game for 59.99, the copy of Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds I had my eyes on was 39.99... basically it's gonna have to be 75% off for a lot of that stuff to be worth getting. Meh.

I went against my by better judgment and stopped by today. I ended up picking up Bioshock and Assassin's Creed (both PS3) ~$30 for the pair. $15 is about my threshold for buying games. It was actually so hard for me to do it that before I finally bit I left and went to Gamestop to check what they were selling used copies for. I guess I saved $20 compared to GS, even though they charge 26.99 for a used Assassin's Creed when you can buy it new for $20 at target, and likely many other places. I guess I don't feel too bad about the buys as both are supposed to be good to great games anyhow.

anyone have any news to contribute? i guess the one store i saw that was chained & closed is back up.. but no good deals yet...

[quote name='jmarano7836']anyone have any news to contribute? i guess the one store i saw that was chained & closed is back up.. but no good deals yet...[/QUOTE]

You are new so I'll go easy on you.

No one is sitting on information waiting for you to ask about. If anyone knows anything and that person wants to share, he or she will post about it.

Updated the op. 30% off used games now....but as far as I hear and see most have been picked over by people who don't know whats a good deal and what isn't.

[quote name='super_dawn']Updated the op. 30% off used games now....but as far as I hear and see most have been picked over by people who don't know whats a good deal and what isn't.[/QUOTE]

Heh, that's who the liquidators count on.

[quote name='mogamer']Heh, that's who the liquidators count on.[/QUOTE]

true! and they do come... our game vault section is wiped clean. I didn't even get anything because it was so overpriced. :(

[quote name='super_dawn']true! and they do come... our game vault section is wiped clean. I didn't even get anything because it was so overpriced. :([/QUOTE]
It's Circuit City all over again. :/

I think I might hold out until the core DVDs get dropped to about $5 for any big purchasing. Most of the stuff I'm looking for will almost certainly still be around.

Hrm... Have some of the stores already closed their doors? Decided to go ahead and trek out to a store 40 minutes away, went online to double check where it was, and it's no longer listed at all in the store locator. :/

[quote name='Abalistar']Hrm... Have some of the stores already closed their doors? Decided to go ahead and trek out to a store 40 minutes away, went online to double check where it was, and it's no longer listed at all in the store locator. :/[/QUOTE]

Hm...I wouldn't think so if they're doing a closing sale. Mine is still listed in the store locator. I'd call to find out.

I haven't even tried to find the other closer Movie Gallery location that's being closed up due to this round of closings, since there's probably nothing left by now.:roll:

However, I may check the other one further down the line next week sometime, since there's a Salvation Army right across the road from it and I can get two stops done in one location.

There are some good titles to be had at 30% off, but at this point, most of the good titles are already sold off, but you may be able to score an older title for relatively cheap. I seen a copy of Gears 1 for the 360 still available earlier today. I'm still waiting for them to drop prices on core blu-ray titles.

[quote name='Ares']There are some good titles to be had at 30% off, but at this point, most of the good titles are already sold off, but you may be able to score an older title for relatively cheap. I seen a copy of Gears 1 for the 360 still available earlier today. I'm still waiting for them to drop prices on core blu-ray titles.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how much it is but you can get the 2 disc edition new for around $20. (My Wal-mart has it for $10)

The Hollywood Video on 5615 High St W, #B, Portsmouth, Virginia has been closed. Sucks cause it was right down the street.

My God! I can't believe how quickly the rental games were cleared out of my local HWV that is closing. It's the same store that had $4.99 sale games forever. That big "store closing" sign really means "come in suckers"...I did pick up 6.99 batman ps3, 9.99 infinite undiscovery, 9.99 kane lynch 360, and 14.99 mirror's edge ps3 all 30% off, to fill out my final trade to GS for the 7/$50 promo ending tomorrow.

[quote name='Superdrew']Yeah ive got a giant stack in the back for when the prices finally drop.[/QUOTE]

lucky! my mgr was a complete dick and put out the 3 freakin' games I was holding up front. I would have held more like at my last closing store, but I knew it was gonna be hard with such a by-the-book mgr around. He had a bunch of stuff (mostly old movies) in a drawer being held for customers...oh I sooo put those back on the shelf in retaliation! ;)

[quote name='Toss']That big "store closing" sign really means "come in suckers"...[/QUOTE]

It sure does! Our game vault section is pretty much cleared out...we do have a lot of old gen games but nothing else.

bread's done
Back