Official Hollywood Video Deals Thread - Updated Throughout The Week!

Thekrakrabbit

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hello and welcome to the official Hollywood Video Deals Thread, brought to you by Thekrakrabbit and Cheap Ass Gamers around the world!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to be used to learn about and post about all deals that can be found at Hollywood Video stores around the nation. Feel free to post any deals you may have found, some details and your location and when I see it I will edit this post ASAP to let evetyone know about the money-saver. Please make sure that any deals you post about have your location included to help out fellow CAGs.

I wish you all the best of luck in your quest to be a CAG, and lets all save some cash!

Happy Hunting! :bomb:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Deal(s):

*PLEASE NOTE*
These deals will not work in Hollywood Video stores that have a "Gamecrazy" or "Movie Gallery" in them most of the time. 99% of the time, only standalone Hollywood Video stores or those with a "Gamezone" will run the deals. YMMV. Most of the time, Hollywood Video stores either alone, or with a "Gamezone". NOT Gamecrazy or Movie Gallery.

DVD Deals:

All Movies $12.99 or Less Are Discounted To $4.99 (Needs coupon code up front)
All Movies $9.99 or Less Are Discounted To $3.99 (Needs coupon code up front)
Buy Any Two (2) Movies, Get Two (2) Free (Priced $14.99 or less) (Needs coupon code up front)
Pre-Order Bonuses:

:360::360::360::360::360:

None!

Multiplatform:

None!

Xbox Live 12+1 Month Gold Cards - $39.99:

{Serious YMMV though, as not every Hollywood Video carries these Xbox Live cards, and not every store will have the same amount of stock. Not every store will have many, if they have any.}

New Copies of Madden NFL 10 - $39.99:

{Again, serious, serious, serious YMMV deal as this is not an official Hollywood Video deal and the odds of you scoring such a great steal are slim to none. Nevertheless, a solid deal if you can find it.}

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine had pretty much what they had left from the last $5 sale. Grabbed disc only copies of Army of Two & Midnight Club: LA for :360:. Forgot about Street Fighter IV price dropping, since the one I saw was tagged $34.99.

BTW, if anyone wants to trade some :360: game for Midnight Club:LA, let me know.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Found an untouched store (or a badass store that was so chock full of stuff that it appeared to be untouched) Grabbed a Halo Wars, Fable II, Need for Speed Undercover, Ghost Recon II, Street Fighter IV, and Guitar Hero 5 for PS2 along with others I am not remembering. Thank you Hollywood Video for saving Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

All these games were 4.99??? no way are u guys serious

[quote name='io']Good to know - Sunday at least gives me one more day than I thought I had.

The problem is with that crappy store locator bug I can't find the non-GC HWV's :bomb:
I know there are some more hidden around but they are hard to find otherwise.
.[/QUOTE]

Hey io use Google maps, just enter Hollywood Video and your zip. It does show closed stores too so you'll have to call them one by one to weed out the genuine ones.

I went to another store, it must have been plundered already because all they had was jack crap. The current gen games were all sports or shovelware. I did see a copy of gamecube zelda, but I didnt even bother, since I got that at the last store. The trip was a fail....70 miles roundtrip too.:bomb:

I got Zelda: PH. That's it. There was one copy of a DS harvest moon, two copies of N+, and four old xbox games. I love the selection now that it's a discount gamezone.

I called hollywood video and they said the 5 dollar sale is next door at game crazy, so gamecrazy is offering the deal as well? confused

also to be sure, the games people are getting at Hollywood video are priced 34.99 but ring up at 5 bucks?

I can't believe I didn't get wind of this deal earlier. I have hit a few stores since last night, and have already found about 50 awesome titles. Lots of decent cool stuff to keep, and a good bit of stuff that will trade in to GS nicely, with the last few days of the tiered trade promo.

Out to hit about 5 more...

[quote name='bobright']^can you answer the questions above plz[/QUOTE]

since no one else is answering, the games dont ring up 4.99, the person has to scan the bar code for the promotion...YMMV on the person knowing about the sale, but they should be able to look it up. Some games are marked 34.99, but ring up 29.99, thus qualifying for the promotion.

The person who told you gamecrazy was just blowing you off and passing the buck

[quote name='bobright']I called hollywood video and they said the 5 dollar sale is next door at game crazy, so gamecrazy is offering the deal as well? confused[/QUOTE]

If your store has a Game Crazy in it, it probably isn't having the sale. Most HWV stores w/ Game Crazy stores inside them transfer the used games to Game Crazy. Game Crazy isn't having the sale, it's stand alone Hollywood Video & Movie Gallery stores.

Went to a Movie Gallery I didn't go to last night. Grabbed FEAR for myself and Eternal Sonata and GRID to flip. Hope I can find some more before the weekend ends.

BTW, do we have a set end date yet? I've heard tomorrow or Monday, but I asked the guy at the store and he said he wasn't sure but corporate usually likes to run these for a week or two to clear out stock. No idea how true/likely that is though.

[quote name='bobright']^can you answer the questions above plz[/QUOTE]
Also, read the thread, this stuff has been covered so many times.

I hope its confirmed, otherwise I owe a few HWV's a lot of money for 16 games I only paid 5 bucks each for.

[quote name='Dhuk']How long is this deal going to last until?[/QUOTE]

Confirmed many times, my friend ;).

Lasts through Sunday from what I understand.

And to bobright, yeah, if a regular HWV employee is clueless about their sales and you ask anything about games that is not rental-related they will just automatically assume you meant to call Gamecrazy and tell you the deal is there (which, in this case, it is not).

Beyond common used game pricing and trade-in values, there is very little overlap between regular HWV and Gamecrazy in terms of sales/promos. HWV doesn't have any of the current GC promos going on, for example (B2G1, certain new game sales for BF, etc). While, of course, GC doesn't have the $4.99 sale.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']So since my local Gamecrazy shut down and my HWV is now stand alone, may i partake in this sale?[/QUOTE]

DKT2104-CT.JPG

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']So since my local Gamecrazy shut down and my HWV is now stand alone, may i partake in this sale?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I tried two HWVs that recently closed their Gamecrazy sections, and they had NO used games.

My HWV has the sale and our Gamecrazy just closed. It's all crap though. Also near the registers there are boxes of Xbox 360 and PS3 games in sleeves, all 80% off. Mostly old sports games :cry:. They did have a small box of 1 GB pro duo cards for $3.

I don't have GC here but just went by the local HWV. Would have loved to see Metriod Prime but no luck. Maybe I was just too late and should have gone tomorrow.

I did pick up Alone in the Dark (360), Bard's Tale (PS2) and .hack/Part 3 - Outbreak. Games may suck but figured would give them a try for 5 bucks each.

Did I read A Boy and His Blob qualifies for this sale? I awlays wanted a sequel ever since the nes days.

I hit up both of my local HWV stores today and the selection just sucked ass this late in the game.

The manager at the one I scored at last time this sale ran said some old jackoff came in and bought 52 games off of him and said he was 'going to sell them at the flea market'.

All they had left were disc only PS3/360/PS2 games and a butttload of disc only Wii games in the standard white cases but with the usual Gamestop bullshit(hand written coverart, no manual). Mind you there were some decent titles in there(multiples of GTAIV for PS3 and 360, multiples of Oblivion for PS3), but nothing I either don't want or already have and that has shit for trade value.

Since I was out and about very early on Black Friday I should've stopped in, but that's what I get for being lazy.

Got the following games

FEAR 2 PS3
Need for Speed Undercover Xbox 360
Ski Doo PS3
Lord of the Ring Conquest PS3
Digimon Wold Dawn DS
Digimon World Chap SD
Pokemon Ranger Shadow
Oblivion PS3
Uncharted
Gears of WAr
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Ghost Recon Adv War 2
Warrior Orochi PSP
Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth Xbox 360

[quote name='62t']Got the following games

FEAR 2 PS3
Need for Speed Undercover Xbox 360
Ski Doo PS3
Lord of the Ring Conquest PS3
Digimon Wold Dawn DS
Digimon World Chap SD
Pokemon Ranger Shadow
Oblivion PS3
Uncharted
Gears of WAr
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Ghost Recon Adv War 2
Warrior Orochi PSP
Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth Xbox 360[/QUOTE]

Fear 2 for PS3 was marked $44.99 at one of my local HWV stores, so I didn't even have them price check it. I also saw multiple copies of R6V2, but they were all disc only and all for 360.

Fear 2 came up $29.99 or under though? And yet again LOTR: Conquest for super cheap eludes me.:cry:

Oh and btw....Ski-Doo is a $5 MSRP game at Gamestop NEW.

Link: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73877

[quote name='Ace!']does this not work for Movie Gallery locations?[/QUOTE]

The sale was active at two local Movie Gallery locations.

[quote name='super_dawn']Just to again say... ends Sunday. OP..you probably want to put that in! ;)[/QUOTE]

hey do you know if i would be able to go in on sunday (tmrw) and do like an exchange, i purchased a few games but i was in a huge rush and there were some i'd have rather gotten, i'd just pay more but im short on cash now, would they allow an exchange of 2 games for another 2 of the sale games?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Fear 2 for PS3 was marked $44.99 at one of my local HWV stores, so I didn't even have them price check it.

Fear 2 came up $29.99 or under though? And yet again LOTR:[/QUOTE]

Same here - I didn't bother checking either. I'll keep an eye out for it though if I go back.

[quote name='62t']Animal Crossing Wii ran up $34.99 for me[/QUOTE]

Yep, this is pretty much universal. One guy got it because it was mistagged and I think superdawn said it was $29.99 in her store's computer but that seems to be a fluke because every other report is that it is $34.99.

Heres my haul-

PS3-
RE5

DS-
FF Tactics A2
Pokemon pearl
Pokemon diamond
Pokemon dungeon time
Nintendogs dalmation
Nintendogs lab
Yoshi's island

X360-
Halo 3
SFIV
Fable 2
COD WAW (price mistake)

in the end i kept RE5 and FF tactics for free, sold some to local gamestore for $70 and $30.xx GS credit. So basically i made $10 profit, 2 free games and $30.xx GS credit. YaY

I went back to both local stores(after lude21 already hit them up for a bunch of decent stuff :razz:)and I ended up picking up the following:

*Fear 2(PS3)-complete, a few fingerprints on the disc, but not bad for $5
*Wheelman(360)-complete/mint-looking to trade this in the trading forum for the PS3 version straight up
*Sid Meier's Pirates(Xbox)-scratched up disc, 'warning' stickers on the manual and one of those annoying fuckin' disc protectors on the disc itself
*Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes(Xbox)-scratched up disc, Movie Gallery disc protector thing on it, no manual

But at least ALL games had their original coverart and only one(D&D) is missing it's manual, so I still say I made out pretty well.

I've been wanting to try FEAR for a while now. I had snagged a copy for $12 from a further away Target, but sold it to another CAG(lude21) a while ago. But for $5 I'll try ANY game.

I'm also looking for a PS3 copy of LOTR: Conquest, if anyone happens to come across one. I passed up like 4-5 copies of it tonight(for 360) since I'm not sure if anyone would want to trade for it.

my game disks are in amazing shape...wild I must say.

I would love to find Ghostbusters for the 360!

Anyone need Street Fighter 4 for the ps3?

I ventured into a part of town I don't usually go and struck gold at one store. I almost didn't go because the guy I talked to when I called (which I did to make sure the store still existed since 3 others I tried to call were gone!) told me they didn't have much left. Well, it's all relative I guess and I can only imagine what they did have on Thursday :drool:.

But, thanks partly to some massive mistags and people just simply overlooking stuff, I managed to get all the following there. It was great fun bringing a lot of $34.99 - $49.99 games up and having them actually be $29.99 or less:

:360:
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe (tagged $49.99)
Phantasy Star Universe
Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition (mint and tagged $44.99)

:ps3:
GTA IV
Midnight Club LA (tagged $34.99)
Saints Row 2 (tagged $34.99)
Sonic Unleashed
Street Fighter IV (tagged $49.99!)

:wii:
Bully
Mario & Sonic At The Olympics (tagged $39.99 - finally, one of the Mario Wii games qualifies)
Metal Slug Anthology
Resident Evil 4

:psp:
Class of Heroes
Star Wars Force Unleashed

:ps2:
MagnaCarta

And top it all off they are nearly all complete and in good shape. The clerk told me they do not convert rental games at this store and thus these were ALL trade-ins! In fact, he himself had traded the RE 5 CE :lol:

I then went to another store and thought I found a bunch more mistags but here some of the same stuff was ringing up over $29.99 (SF IV for one, and Halo Wars which I got the other day). So apparently the system is somewhat YMMV though it seems 95% of stores have the same pricing.

At this point, with the sale 3 days in (I was there late Saturday night), and it ending after tomorrow, it is time to clean up - don't let those games go to waste and return to their $24.99 or $29.99 pricing! At this point you aren't leaving them for anyone else since if they didn't get them already they aren't going to get them.

I'm kind of regretting that I didn't get more, actually. They had 6 copies of Mario & Sonic, more RE5, and some DS games I didn't pick up at all.

Does anybody know Hollywood Video's Hours for tomorrow (Sunday)? I went to the local one, but they never got restocked (Discount Game Zone with $19.99 games and under), am going to try my luck with the one across town tomorrow I think. I didn't get much from my local one, but did see a few games (I think somebody else hit it on Thursday since I saw no Street Fighter IV's which they had plenty of prior).

:wii:

Animal Crossing X2

:360:

Prince of Persia

[quote name='io']I ventured into a part of town I don't usually go and struck gold at one store. I almost didn't go because the guy I talked to when I called (which I did to make sure the store still existed since 3 others I tried to call were gone!) told me they didn't have much left. Well, it's all relative I guess and I can only imagine what they did have on Thursday :drool:.

But, thanks partly to some massive mistags and people just simply overlooking stuff, I managed to get all the following there. It was great fun bringing a lot of $34.99 - $49.99 games up and having them actually be $29.99 or less:

.[/QUOTE]

wait so some games marked higher than 34.99 could ring up less?

ugh i hope they let me do an exchange of a couple of these games tomorrow

Man this is frustrating .. just pass by 2 of my fav non GC HV store close by me .. both of them locked up by the sheriff for failure to pay lease/rent. >

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']wait so some games marked higher than 34.99 could ring up less?
[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, just like anywhere - they don't always keep the tags up to date (though they were horribly out of date at the one store I went to tonight). It doesn't hurt to ask, especially if they are games everyone else is talking about getting. But like I said, it can vary from store to store. The second place I went to tonight had Halo Wars and SF IV ring up $34.99 and I bought those on Thursday no problem from a different store.

Animal Crossing seems to be one that very few people are getting. I actually forgot to check that one at the store I went to yesterday. The ones tonight didn't have it at all.

I'm really mad that I didn't know of this sale, and even more angry that I worked almost 40 hours this week.. gotta check this out tomorrow.

bread's done
Back