Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 9 from this deal, wanted 10 but cashier forgot to ring one of them up. Not a big deal though. Got them when they were still ringing up for $10 on Friday. It's one of the better points card deals out there as you know everyone usually jumps on a 4000 for $40 deal. Obviously this one is better though I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my points as I've got 3 un-redeemed 1600 points cards from before and over 7000 MSP on my account. But it's tough to pass up on such a good deal when it can be so easily had as well.

[quote name='chipper_95']I got 8 cards from this Target deal. I was able to get them around Friday afternoon when certain ones were still ringing up at $10 without any sort of price adjustment. And yes I am keeping them all for myself and not trying to flip and profit on any of them.

This is, however, not the best deal I have ever gotten on MS points. Ironically, the best deal I got was also at Target. They had them on sale for $15 but there was also a coupon floating around that was $10 off ANY Xbox 360 accessory. Those coupons had no limit and also happen to work with 1600 MS point cards so I got about 10 cards for $5 a piece. Now that was the ultimate deal. That was at least 3 or 4 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Wow - now that was one helluva deal! As far as current deals go, it sadly seems that $15 may be the best we get for a good while.

I know I just missed the BF/CM deals. I just picked up some new games and was planning on upgrading my Silver account with one of the free or $1 a month offers, but none of them seem to be coming up anymore.

So, are there any deals still going today for 1-3 months of Live Gold cheaper than MSRP?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Take THAT, grammar!

I usually always (see what I did there :D) get mine for at least a third off. Buy.com seems to have a sale on either the 1600 or 4000msp cards every few months. Though, sometimes it seems like 6 months or more between sales, so I always try to stock up on about $100 worth of cards and keep a backstock of the same. I knew I would be kicking myself no matter how many I bought of this amazing deal, but I decided to not go overboard and only spend $100 on these cards.[/QUOTE]

Does Buy.com email the codes?
When they have the sales how cheap can they get?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xbox_man']Does Buy.com email the codes?
When they have the sales how cheap can they get?[/QUOTE]

The last point card I bought was 4000 for $35 and it was through an ebay deal that I think was buy.com, but it couldn't have been a different retailer. It was at least a year ago though. Bing and free points with game purchases has kept me going until now.

Hopefully someone will do a deal for the holidays...

[quote name='xbox_man']Does Buy.com email the codes?
When they have the sales how cheap can they get?[/QUOTE]

No, unfortunately they mail out the cards but shipping is free so it's not a problem unless you are in a hurry.

I've seen:

$39.99 for 4000msp
$34.99 for 4000msp

$14.99 for 1600msp

The last sale was 14.99 for 1600msp on September 19th. I bought 10 at that time. I would expect the next sale around Christmas or sometime in January.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']No, unfortunately they mail out the cards but shipping is free so it's not a problem unless you are in a hurry.

[/QUOTE]

I live in Australia so shipping is no good.

[quote name='MochaRaf']I guess I got lucky afterall, was able to PM this today at Wal-Mart. The first manager I spoke to said sure, but then the white once werent ringing up. So when another manager came I asked if we can PM the Gears of War once, and she said absolutely not. So I looked for tbe manager I encountered earlier and she said sure no problem. When I was being checked out the second manager came over and saw thay I was getting the gears of war one PMed, so she started making a fuss saying that this is unacceptable and I shouldnt be allowed to get them. Luckily for me the first manager came back and said to leave it be that she approved it. So they kinda stood there arguing, the second manager kept saying the offer expired yesterday and if she does give it to me it should only be one. But thankfully the first manager stuck to her word and allowed me to get the once I had regardless. I was very polite the entire time, which I think helped me out with the managers.[/QUOTE]

WM associate here. I've gotta' say, the manager that was arguing against you was totally following policy while the pro-price adjustment manager was following the familiar, overarching WM policy of "give the pushy customer the store if it makes them happy" policy (even though you claim you weren't one of THOSE).

A bunch of us at work were just talking about how Target was overriding tons of MSP cards for customers when the in-house WM policy specifically says in our bylaws that when doing a price override--either a competitive pricematch or just a "aw cripes someone stocked this in the wrong place" overrdie--we're supposed to give a customer ONE/UNO/SINGULAR item for the adjusted price. But hey, if they want to give away the store, I guess better them than one of us.

And one of the reasons that some of the cards you tried to have overridden wouldn't ring up is because they're properly put in the system as "currency" when their specific UPC was created in the system by the company; that's actually the way it's supposed to be, that it can't be bought for less than it's worth, same with restaurant gift cards & pre-loaded debit "gift" cards. It's actually a flag in the cash register software that denies the override.

Not bitching that you got the deal, just thought some users might like to find out what's going on with these (at WM anyway) and why some CAGs can get associates to do it while others get flatout denied.

[quote name='xbox_man']I live in Australia so shipping is no good.[/QUOTE]

Do you have an American friend you can ship the cards to and then email you the code? Would they even work for you? I know not all M$ points are region locked but I think cards sold in stores are. Unless you use them for a U.S. account that you might have?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Do you have an American friend you can ship the cards to and then email you the code? Would they even work for you? I know not all M$ points are region locked but I think cards sold in stores are. Unless you use them for a U.S. account that you might have?[/QUOTE]

yeah i have an american account. I have also heard that the american cards work on australian accounts, have not tried yet though.

[quote name='prophet5590']It isn't the best deal, but 25% off -- tigerdirect.com has 12 month gold live for $45.[/QUOTE]

Best I have seen in a while, thanks!

[quote name='prophet5590']It isn't the best deal, but 25% off -- tigerdirect.com has 12 month gold live for $45.[/QUOTE]

crazygametime has it cheaper

[quote name='Zolor23']crazygametime has it cheaper[/QUOTE]
I've never heard of crazygametime, is that a reliable website?

[quote name='TommyLove']I've never heard of crazygametime, is that a reliable website?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've seen many people post that they have received codes quickly.

[quote name='TommyLove']I've never heard of crazygametime, is that a reliable website?[/QUOTE]

Opinions vary, I still don't trust them. The website just has a shady vibe to it, but there have been quite a few successful purchases by other CAGs so it's your gamble. FWIW, mods were deleting every post about them for a while and have seemingly given up the fight on it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Opinions vary, I still don't trust them. The website just has a shady vibe to it, but there have been quite a few successful purchases by other CAGs so it's your gamble. FWIW, mods were deleting every post about them for a while and have seemingly given up the fight on it.[/QUOTE]

I have bought several codes from them. A friend was looking for live last week and I convinced him to try. Got his code in minutes.

Seems to me, so far, I've only heard 100% positive from those purchasing from them. When we get our first complaint then we can be skeptical.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I have bought several codes from them. A friend was looking for live last week and I convinced him to try. Got his code in minutes.

Seems to me, so far, I've only heard 100% positive from those purchasing from them. When we get our first complaint then we can be skeptical.[/QUOTE]

As I said there have been successful purchases by many CAGs, that doesn't mean you aren't still risking your account. Sorry, when it comes to my gamertag or PSN ID I feel I can't be too careful with so many scams out there. If it works, great. But to me the discount's not significant enough to even think of risking it. $38.99 for 4k msp when you can get it risk free from buy.com's occasional eBay sales for $39.99 (sometimes even $34.99) it just seems silly to me to risk your account being banned for some kind of fraud. Again, I don't know that there is, in fact, anything wrong with crazygametime. They could be 100% legitimate, but I just can't justify the risk vs the savings.

You think after six years MS will finally ban someone's tag for buying illicit points or subscriptions? If it hasn't happened yet, chances are good it won't happen as long as we're in this generation.

[quote name='simmias']You think after six years MS will finally ban someone's tag for buying illicit points or subscriptions? If it hasn't happened yet, chances are good it won't happen as long as we're in this generation.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Could you be more clear? If this is in reference to crazygametime's codes they haven't been around for six years (to my knowledge, but maybe they have?). If you mean Microsoft doesn't ban people for using ill-gotten codes then you must be new, they do it. For example, points used from code generators get people banned all the time. For all I know that's how crazygametime gets their codes. At this point it seems highly unlikely since no bans have occurred so far that we know of, but that doesn't mean they aren't using stolen credit card numbers to buy points or some other bannable method that takes a little longer to track.

At any rate, I just wanted to chime in to make sure the folks that are new to crazygametime's name understand the potential risk. This has been debated numerous times since the website's discovery and no one knows for sure at this point.

^Just out of curiousity, what do you think you will lose by purchasing from them?

I am a one time user and if they keep up their prices, probably a life time.

Chrono is being paranoid. No one has ever been banned for using a code purchased from websites like Crazygametime, and nobody ever will.

I do find it suspicious when these "businesses" (doubt any are legitimate in terms of an actual business) claim they generate points and send instantly.
If I were running one of these, I'd flat out tell people I'm selling codes from physicals cards in my possession.

they are not using generators lol. they go out of stock for sometimes a month or so. i seriously doubt you can even generate a code, don't they have to be activated by the merchant?

[quote name='Zolor23']I guess mods didn't give up the fight against that website I posted. BTW, the 1200 MSP for $10 is dead.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Are they really ignorant enough to think several cags work for them and are on here lying or does cag just have too many bored mods?

@thrustbucket

this was the only response we got about CGT.com

[quote name='shrike4242']People really need to think this through before they fire off their money to some random site or eBay auction out there that seems legit. Just because a random site or auction from someone that no one has heard of that has apparently good deals on XBL subs and points doesn't mean they're not getting them in non-legal means.

Especially when it's a site that has only been in operation for a couple of months and magically has great deals on XBL subs and points when other sites like GS, Amazon, BB, Walmart and the like only run sales every so often. Why would major retailers only run sales every so often if they're guaranteed to get volume from sales that would possibly offset their loss in profits? Maybe because they're not making points appear from thin air and with zero expense in creating inventory, unlike some other fly-by-nite organizations.

It took Amazon and GS a long while to get electronic point distribution, so why would some random site be able to pull it off in little-to-no time from coming up online? Why would Microsoft offer up that ability to an apparent fly-by-nite organization or small-fry organization that may not be around long-term.

Obviously people are looking for deals, and regardless of how it shows up in their lap for savings, maybe they don't think about it nor care about it. Just because a deal is attractive doesn't mean it's legit. Plenty of situations besides this one where the deal may not be as good as it seems on the surface.[/QUOTE]

When I asked about the codes on here that are even being sold cheaper than at CGT.com

[quote name='shrike4242']We do look into the trading forum and remove anyone that has points from questionable sources.[/QUOTE]

Basically it's just a hunch shrike has or he isn't telling us something.

[quote name='Dthib87']@thrustbucket

this was the only response we got about CGT.com

When I asked about the codes on here that are even being sold cheaper than at CGT.com

Basically it's just a hunch shrike has or he isn't telling us something.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I didn't see it before.
Basically it sounds like he's saying that deals that are deemed "too good to be legit" by a mod will get censored.

I don't know. I have a problem with that. If I'm running a website centered around finding deals I would consider everything fair game until it's proven otherwise. Usually non-legit sites get stomped out pretty quickly. This one is still up after at least 6 months.

How many people walk away from an awesome deal in real life because the seller is too 'new'?

But, alas, it's not my site, not my rules, and not my hunches.

The most frustrating part of this is that this experience (and others like it) have sent me elsewhere to find game deals more and more.

[quote name='TheMuffin']I'd consider 33% off a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Less than 2 weeks ago NewEgg was selling them for $34.99.

This is still better than retail though (of course not many people are paying retail anyway).

[quote name='thereefernander']Desperately looking for a good deal on MSP.[/QUOTE]
I am also looking for a good deal on MSP. I missed the target deal:cry:

[quote name='Cornelius']Just noticed that Fred Meyer is having a 2-day sale, which includes both their legendary "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 off Home/Apparel/Electronics" coupon, as well as another 15% off Accessories coupon from this week's "Dads & Grads" electronics sale flyer. This can make Xbox points as cheap as 30% off, depending upon cart-fillers you find in the Home dept.[/QUOTE]
Fred Meyer's at it again, with a concurrent 10% off all VG accessories this week ... and tomorrow only during their 1-day sale (Thursday, Dec. 13th), there's a "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 in Home Electronics, Music, Movies & VG's". This will bring your point cards down about 28%, depending upon how well you can work out the numbers. Both the weekly Electronics ad & the 1-day sale flyers on their website today (Wednesday).

The trick is to buy enough cards that when they're knocked down 10%, they're just above the $50/$100/$150 thresholds ... such as $115 - 10% = $103.50 - $20 = $83.50 (27.4% off).

I don't know if it's been mentioned, and if so I apologize, just thought I'd throw this in here since I just noticed myself. If you download the official Thorton's (gas station) smartphone app it should have a deals section where they have coupons you can use. They have a coupon on there for $5 off an "Xbox gift card". Now what they mean by gift card I don't know, but if someone is near one they might want to check it out.

edit- Link to screenshot- https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xcdjt7xw14kh9v/Screenshot_2012-12-12-14-56-19.png

bread's done
Back