Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly don't understand why anyone would build up 3 years worth of XBL credit, as if XBL is going scarce or something? How do you even know you'll still want to use XBL 3 years from now? The new Xbox is coming out and it looks like a piece of shit.
Good point. I mistakenly did that a couple of years ago. Now my Live Gold doesn't run out til mid/late 2014, but I'm more interested in PS4 than XB1 so.... :(

Good point. I mistakenly did that a couple of years ago. Now my Live Gold doesn't run out til mid/late 2014, but I'm more interested in PS4 than XB1 so.... :(
exactly.. I don't understand you guys sometimes.. this site is CHEAP ASS GAMER, keyword: cheap

if you like XBL use it.. I used it all the time when I lived in the states.. but I would never buy more than a year at a time.. and for over half a year now you can get XBL for free, no strings attached, just disable the auto-renew which takes 1 minute

1 minute x 12 months = 1 free year of XBL for 12 minutes of work a year. is that too hard?

If you like it, go ahead and spend your hundreds of dollars. But I'm not wasting my money on a system where you're required to pay an extra $100 for a camera that I have absolutely no use for, a bunch of features that don't work in the country I live in (if it'll even be released here at all http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2012/11/06/microsoft-finally-launches-the-seven-year-old-xbox-360-in-israel/ ), and a lineup of games I have absolutely no interest in.
You're basically saying you can't afford or don't want to spend so much on a new system. Also waa, it will have a peripheral you're not interested in. That's fine, but calling it a bad system for those reasons alone is childish. It's a powerful system with many new features and performance enhancements - by definition better than the one we all currently own, unless it comes along and is inferior in some way (super unlikely). It's much more mature to separate price from the hardware in your criticism.

And you'd have to have a pretty narrow taste in games to literally not be interested in any of the launch titles - they cover a variety of genres and several are from big franchises. But that's just launch day. New games will come, and they won't stop coming. Everyone who enjoys console games and plans to continue playing them will eventually need to move on to a next gen console, be it Xbone or Playstation 4. All of the next gen consoles will drop in price as time goes on, just as the Wii U (next gen or not) recently did.

The launch of a new console is an exciting time for many of us. I understand why it would be different for someone living in a less affluent country or one in which consoles release late or never. But, just because you can't afford something or it isn't available to you doesn't mean you need to **** on it. Console hating and console war type stuff has no place in a thread dedicated to deals that will extend to the Xbox One as well as the 360.

It's not about not affording it, it's about not wanting it. I'm disappointed by both the new consoles and their requirement of paying for online play. But if I were to buy a new system, it would probably be the new PS4 which looks better in specs, price, and lineup.. pretty much every way.

My current plan is to switch to PC gaming for the near future unless something comes out for the new systems that I simply must have.

exactly.. I don't understand you guys sometimes.. this site is CHEAP ASS GAMER, keyword: cheap

if you like XBL use it.. I used it all the time when I lived in the states.. but I would never buy more than a year at a time.. and for over half a year now you can get XBL for free, no strings attached, just disable the auto-renew which takes 1 minute

1 minute x 12 months = 1 free year of XBL for 12 minutes of work a year. is that too hard?
Different people have different priorities. Ten years ago I probably would have shared your perspective, but now my time is worth much more to me. It helps to remember that everyone is different. People on the internet tend to forget that.

Different people have different priorities. Ten years ago I probably would have shared your perspective, but now my time is worth much more to me. It helps to remember that everyone is different. People on the internet tend to forget that.
time is money right? so let's say you're paying $4/month for xbl right? and it takes 1 minute to disable auto-renewal.

you make more than $4/minute?

time is money right? so let's say you're paying $4/month for xbl right? and it takes 1 minute to disable auto-renewal.

you make more than $4/minute?
When I'm billing, yes. I'm not billing nearly every hour though.

But I think that's beside the point. We don't always do that mental calculation of how to turn every minute into dollars and vice versa. If we did that would be exhausting, and it would be impossible to know whether to work at our current job or invest time and money into learning other skills to increase earning potential. It all gets weirdly hypothetical and uncertain.

All I really meant though was that paying the $35 per year that you can get XBL for, and then not having to worry about it for a year, is worth it to me. I think that's reasonable. I also think your approach is reasonable, and it's the one I would have taken a few years ago.

When I'm billing, yes. I'm not billing nearly every hour though.

But I think that's beside the point. We don't always do that mental calculation of how to turn every minute into dollars and vice versa. If we did that would be exhausting, and it would be impossible to know whether to work at our current job or invest time and money into learning other skills to increase earning potential. It all gets weirdly hypothetical and uncertain.

All I really meant though was that paying the $35 per year that you can get XBL for, and then not having to worry about it for a year, is worth it to me. I think that's reasonable. I also think your approach is reasonable, and it's the one I would have taken a few years ago.
fine fair enough but i'm still under the assumption that most of the people on this site are here to pinch pennies and i'd argue that the population that this site is targetting would prefer to get a seemingly valuable service (lots of gamers use XBL) for free as opposed to $40/year.

I got my live for $15 a year so yes I snatched up 3 years of it. I think its definitely worth a dollar and change a month to not have to worry about.

if you can accurately predict your own behaviors and the utility of them that far into the future then sure.. great investment.. personally i prefer to activate xbl free whenever i actually need it

if you can accurately predict your own behaviors and the utility of them that far into the future then sure.. great investment.. personally i prefer to activate xbl free whenever i actually need it
Okay... You've made people aware of that offer. There's no need to debate its merits ad infinitum.

Is that $40 ebay deal the best thing up right now? My brother needs a resub in less than a week and I havent been able to find him anything better than that.

Thanks for the $40 link to live. I'm personally excited about the Xbox One and it's camera, so even though my Live doesn't run out until January, I don't mind spending $35-40 on a year of it. 

Two questions:

1. Can I redeem this on November 22nd, or will it expire before then?

2. Are there better deals than this on Black Friday?

I also asked this in the eBay deal thread.

Two questions:

1. Can I redeem this on November 22nd, or will it expire before then?

2. Are there better deals than this on Black Friday?

I also asked this in the eBay deal thread.
As far as I know, xbox live cards won't expire. I think only microsoft points will (because microsoft is getting rid of that currency soon)

Every once in awhile a $35 card will pop up (see this first page of this thread to see a time line of past sales), but I do know that last Black Friday there was a sale on 3 month cards for like ~$10-$13 I believe (someone correct me if I'm wrong). So buying a year at $40 now vs four 3 month cards at $10ish would be about the same, if not less.

Am I the only one surprised at the lack of people interested in free xbl? The last 3 posters have talked about buying cards...

did all the cheap ass bastards finally grow up and get jobs? :p

Am I the only one surprised at the lack of people interested in free xbl? The last 3 posters have talked about buying cards...

The only method I've found requires you to make a new gamertag each time, I like to keep my current gamertag.

Let people do what they want.

The only method I've found requires you to make a new gamertag each time, I like to keep my current gamertag.
If there is a method that doesn't require changing gamertags constantly, I'm all ears.

EDIT: Discovered what the other guy was talking about but how long will it last before MS catches on and pulls the plug?

PhrostByte (and anyone else), your opinions on Xbox One, the inherent value of Xbox Live, etc, do not belong here.

Thanks, Cheapy, you are the best. I will try hard to try not to troll these threads in the future. Go Flyers!

My live just expired today, and I found this out when I went to try and get Rainbow Six for free and I was told I couldn't. I refused to pay full price, any cheap online codes?!?!

I think it expired, couldn't find it over the weekend and my link no longer works.
Out of curiosity, are you talking about the 1-month trial on that promo page that Microsoft never took down and people were using that every month to get free Gold? I have it bookmarked and I've been trying since yesterday to get back on Gold, but it keeps giving me the "Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time" message. I dunno if they finally fixed it, or if I have to wait longer... I know some people say you have to wait a few hours after going back to Free/Silver before trying it, but it's been over a day and it still gives me the same error.

I also googled that link to see if it's worked for anyone recently, and saw some jerk on the official Xbox forums link and complain about it, so I'm wondering if they saw it and finally fixed it. :(

Out of curiosity, are you talking about the 1-month trial on that promo page that Microsoft never took down and people were using that every month to get free Gold? I have it bookmarked and I've been trying since yesterday to get back on Gold, but it keeps giving me the "Based on your current Xbox LIVE membership, the subscription offer that you are trying to access is not applicable at this time" message. I dunno if they finally fixed it, or if I have to wait longer... I know some people say you have to wait a few hours after going back to Free/Silver before trying it, but it's been over a day and it still gives me the same error.

I also googled that link to see if it's worked for anyone recently, and saw some jerk on the official Xbox forums link and complain about it, so I'm wondering if they saw it and finally fixed it. :(
Hey! I had that thread bookmarked and it was taken down. My gold expired last week so I missed out, currently waiting on a good 3 or 12 month deal, but I had planned to use 1 month codes in the meantime. Would you be so kind as to PM me the link to that?

So that Amazon is the best there is, right? I guess I'll just buy that now. Was hoping I could find an unused 24 or 72 hour trial code to get me through until shipping comes, but doesn't seem like I have any around here. I'll place that order to Amazon now though.

bread's done
Back