Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1 month trial I was able to download M&M Heroes. And even when your gold expires you can still play the free games.

Is the holiday season a good time to look out for deals on microsoft points?

Discussion of exploits of the free month of Xbox Live subscriptions or anything related to that free month offer is now prohibited in this thread. This thread is only for legitimate deals in which users pay for currency or subscription time. Thanks.

Is the holiday season a good time to look out for deals on microsoft points?
Black Friday. I believe last year Target had cards 50% off. The games area was cleared out of cards, but then I remembered that Target also puts cards at the registers. So if you can wait until then, they may do it again.

Black Friday. I believe last year Target had cards 50% off. The games area was cleared out of cards, but then I remembered that Target also puts cards at the registers. So if you can wait until then, they may do it again.
Technically, the 50% was an ad misprint as it was supposed to be $10 for a 3 month sub.

Extra Life Sale

Found a bunch of OLD Xbox Live cards laying around and will be selling them at cost.  All proceeds will be donated to Extra Life.  (I'm assuming Xbox Live cards don't expire)

1 Year clamshell Xbox Gold each $40 (Have 2 on hand)

3 Month Xbox Gold each $10  (Have 6 on hand)

Donate to Extra Life

So it looks like the free silver to gold promotion isn't working anymore?

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions?Campaign=gff-live-welcome-offer

I had successfully used it the last 3 or 4 months, but now it just says my account does not qualify for the offer.

Is everyone else who's currently silver status getting the same message?

Are there any other free promos out there that people have found?

^^^ You must not have been keeping up the past few weeks.  It no longer works.

Extra Life Sale

Found a bunch of OLD Xbox Live cards laying around and will be selling them at cost. All proceeds will be donated to Extra Life. (I'm assuming Xbox Live cards don't expire)

1 Year clamshell Xbox Gold each $40 (Have 2 on hand)

3 Month Xbox Gold each $10 (Have 6 on hand)

Donate to Extra Life
Thank you for all of your support but all of the Xbox Live 3 Months are gone. Feel free to Donate to Extra Life as all proceeds will go to charity and its tax deductible. :wave:

Still have 2 1 Year Xbox Live Cards that I'm selling for 40. Just confirmed with Microsoft Support that these are still valid. Selling them for 40 each and money will go to extra-life.org. So far I've raised 130 dollars from clearing out all of my Xbox Live and Sony PS+ cards.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=56682
Good luck man! Very generous of you! I just got in on the eBay $40 card just before you posted earlier this week otherwise I would have bought one.

Still have 2 1 Year Xbox Live Cards that I'm selling for 40. Just confirmed with Microsoft Support that these are still valid. Selling them for 40 each and money will go to extra-life.org. So far I've raised 130 dollars from clearing out all of my Xbox Live and Sony PS+ cards.

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=56682
If you still have one of these available I will gladly purchase one for the cause :) can we do it through paypal?

I think I am just going to bite the bullet (been off Live for almost two weeks and I don't want to miss the free games) and price match Rakuten's 48 USD price at Bestbuy....either that or the Microsoft 14 month deal, but I probably will just get another card on BF......lesson learned, stock up when you can....the deals just aren't happening like they used to.

Then again, I need to learn that I have a job now and the extra money I'm spending is not even two hours of my day.

I picked up a 12+1 card yesterday at Sam's Club for $43.16. I did the same thing last year too. The cards are older, and have $49.99 in the corner instead of the new $59.99. This was in Denton, TX and were many more left. 

Fred Meyer's at it again, with a concurrent 10% off all VG accessories this week ... and tomorrow only during their 1-day sale (Thursday, Dec. 13th), there's a "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 in Home Electronics, Music, Movies & VG's". This will bring your point cards down about 28%, depending upon how well you can work out the numbers. Both the weekly Electronics ad & the 1-day sale flyers on their website today (Wednesday).

The trick is to buy enough cards that when they're knocked down 10%, they're just above the $50/$100/$150 thresholds ... such as $115 - 10% = $103.50 - $20 = $83.50 (27.4% off).
For everyone in the Pacific NW ... on Sunday & Monday (Oct 13-14), Fred Meyer has their legendary "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 in Electronics" coupon, concurrently with a "save 10% on VG accessories" coupon. This makes MS points & XBL subscription cards as much as 28% off, depending how close you get to the $50/$100/$150 thresholds ...

b994800_11.jpg

b994800_16.jpg

If you missed this sale, there's another "save 10% off VG accessories" coupon running all week (Sun, Oct 13 - Sat, Oct 19) ...

b993466_18.jpg

Update ... I visited Fred Meyer last night, and found out all the older point cards (and other consoles) are now considered "gift certificates" and part of the Home dept (coincidentally on the "gift card mall" kiosk). The only Xbox value you can use are the big-ass $25 and $50 cards now, meaning that if you don't find anything else to buy in the Electronics dept, you'll need to pickup $75/$125/$175 in Xbox cards in order to meet the $50/$75/$100 thresholds. But yes, I did get $125 in Xbox value for $92.50 (no tax) ... equaling 26% off.

For everyone in the Pacific NW ... on Sunday & Monday (Oct 13-14), Fred Meyer has their legendary "save $10/$20/$30 off $50/$100/$150 in Electronics" coupon, concurrently with a "save 10% on VG accessories" coupon. This makes MS points & XBL subscription cards as much as 28% off, depending how close you get to the $50/$100/$150 thresholds ...
b994800_11.jpg

b994800_16.jpg

If you missed this sale, there's another "save 10% off VG accessories" coupon running all week (Sun, Oct 13 - Sat, Oct 19) ...
b993466_18.jpg

So I put $23 into coinstar to get some xbox live with the change I been building up for the past couple months.  They got rid of the 1 month codes you could get and need a minimum of $25 to get a live code, so I instead got a $23 gift card for xbox and input the code in my console.  I go to buy a 1 month for $9.99 from the dashboard and it won't let me use the $23 I just put into my account to purchase it...

I feel like I just wasted $23.

So I put $23 into coinstar to get some xbox live with the change I been building up for the past couple months. They got rid of the 1 month codes you could get and need a minimum of $25 to get a live code, so I instead got a $23 gift card for xbox and input the code in my console. I go to buy a 1 month for $9.99 from the dashboard and it won't let me use the $23 I just put into my account to purchase it...

I feel like I just wasted $23.
Why are you buying only a month? That's 120 a year.

Why are you buying only a month? That's 120 a year.
it's just spare change I had around that piled up. I was planning on getting a 3 month but I needed $2 more and the machine wouldn't let me add 2 singles to make it to $25.

I probably should have just got an Amazon card and waited for a deal for a 12 month or 3 month.

I think I am just going to bite the bullet (been off Live for almost two weeks and I don't want to miss the free games) and price match Rakuten's 48 USD price at Bestbuy....either that or the Microsoft 14 month deal, but I probably will just get another card on BF......lesson learned, stock up when you can....the deals just aren't happening like they used to.

Then again, I need to learn that I have a job now and the extra money I'm spending is not even two hours of my day.
The free games are garbage anyway, its not like they give you shit that came out this or last year....

Really hoping to snag a XBL deal. My gold expired before GTA Online became functional sadly. Last month they gave me a 1 month for $1 on the dashboard and i'm too scared to try that "free month" thing.

I'll probably end up waiting until black friday and hoping to score some cheap XBL though if I get a PS4 I'll have a hard time justifying paying for XBL and +

Well this is dumb.  I'm on the dashboard and I have a message saying I can get 12 months of gold for $3/month ($36 total).  I just bought a year for $40 Tuesday and still have to wait for delivery.  Should have just waited....

bread's done
Back