Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IcBluScRn']20Down = gamestop $20 off $100[/QUOTE]

I'm trying it right now and the code isn't working.

I bought a 4,000 point card today from Best Buy.

In about 35 days I'll report back on whether it counted towards the reward Zone Gamer's Club.

oh man, I'm getting the shakes... are there ANY points deals out there right now??? (not counting the current dashboard deals).

[quote name='Curufinwe']I bought a 4,000 point card today from Best Buy.

In about 35 days I'll report back on whether it counted towards the reward Zone Gamer's Club.[/QUOTE]

none of the cards that require activation will count towards Gamers Zone Club. Its not considered a gaming accessory or gaming purchase.

[quote name='pfhor']does anyone know of any deals for a 3 month xbox live subscription card?[/QUOTE]

If you had bought Plants vs Zombies the other week at KMart, you would have received a $10 coupon. You could apply that to a 19.99 3 month gold card at KMart. Go check out the KMart thread if that at all interests you.

[quote name='Threesix']The best I can give you is a one month free deal through Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/...7&sourceID=lw9MynSeamY-zE.TQEJwwZpqIEqKF6VxIA

Say you're buying it "online" and when it asks for a code, just type in "Amazon" Fill out the rest of the info and it says it will send you a code for one month of free gold on October 8th.[/QUOTE]

Its a promotion from GS and you're saying you bought it from amazon?

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']I was wondering has anybody get their Halo Reach avatar code in the mail yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope still waiting . People said 4-6 weeks. I think this is week 4 or 5 :bomb:

[quote name='murphyspub']The clamshell packaged 4000 points cards are clearanced at Toys R Us for $25, and 3 month live cards are $10. Limited quantities to be found.[/QUOTE]

Oh...reaaally.

[quote name='murphyspub']The clamshell packaged 4000 points cards are clearanced at Toys R Us for $25, and 3 month live cards are $10. Limited quantities to be found.[/QUOTE]

Is this just at your local TrU, or is this all stores?

^It should be all stores. Last month I found the old clamshell 1600 points cards for half off. Just two left though. Just finding clamshell points is YMMV. Extreme YMMV. Almost feels like the lottery really.

[quote name='jthiel']Can you still get the 29.99 deal from the Xbox dashboard...i have a feeling its over.[/QUOTE]

It's over. All that's showing now (I believe) is the $39.99 with the throw-in zombie hat for your avatar. Or, I think you can get 2 years for $74.99 or something like that.

[quote name='jthiel']Can you still get the 29.99 deal from the Xbox dashboard...i have a feeling its over.[/QUOTE]

I have an email for a $39.99 for current subscribers that the link doesn't work for anymore. I called support a few days ago and they honored it over the phone. I got an email confirmation that when my renewal hits in December I will be charged $39.99 for an additional year.

You could try calling support, if they won't give you the $30, they will definitely do the $40.

Hopefully Gold drops to $30 for the holiday sales. Mine expires next month, I hate paying more than $30 for it...

[quote name='von551']Hopefully Gold drops to $30 for the holiday sales. Mine expires next month, I hate paying more than $30 for it...[/QUOTE]
In case you missed it on all the gaming sites and forums, the price of Live is going UP in November (next week!!!). You may be better off buying this week.

Of course, it's possible that the 12 month cards will drop to $30 or even $20 despite the price hike. It's just not very likely! ;)

Prices almost all have gone up to over $40. Newegg seems to be the best at the moment with $39.99+$1.99 shipping, but for another $2 I'd sooner do Amazon since it's easier for me. Xbox Live online is back up to $49.99. I have a few years, but I'm thinking of buying out a few more years if there are some sub-$40 sales for a year of live. The upshot: hold out on buying your year unless you need it now.

Anyone know whats up with the Xbox Live Gold Dashboard offers?
I went online yesterday and saw a dashboard icon for Xbox live gold at 67% off. I click on it, and it takes me to a description page that says I can get gold for 1 month for 3.33 since the price is going up nov 1st to 9.99 per month. When I click "Get Gold for 3.33" it takes me to a renewal agreement for 1 year for 39.99 instead of getting the month for 3.33

Weird.

[quote name='wugenius']Anyone know whats up with the Xbox Live Gold Dashboard offers?
I went online yesterday and saw a dashboard icon for Xbox live gold at 67% off. I click on it, and it takes me to a description page that says I can get gold for 1 month for 3.33 since the price is going up nov 1st to 9.99 per month. When I click "Get Gold for 3.33" it takes me to a renewal agreement for 1 year for 39.99 instead of getting the month for 3.33

Weird.[/QUOTE]

It's just breaking down the year price to month by month to entice you to get it. It would be great if they did just give it to you month by month at that price.

[quote name='wugenius']Anyone know whats up with the Xbox Live Gold Dashboard offers?

Weird.[/QUOTE]

you have to buy the year for $39.99, it works out to be $3.33 a month. otherwise one month is abot $8 usually. that's how they get you, why would you only want to buy a month though?

[quote name='PenguinJim']In case you missed it on all the gaming sites and forums, the price of Live is going UP in November (next week!!!). You may be better off buying this week.

Of course, it's possible that the 12 month cards will drop to $30 or even $20 despite the price hike. It's just not very likely! ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know that, it's all over XBL, sucks. I'm still hoping retailers will drop gold to $30 for black friday or something. I got til 11/22 to renew, perfect timing for sales!

Thank you so much for posting this! I stopped by mine and snagged the last two 4000-point cards. $25 each, just like you said - regularly $49.95!

Bonus: It was my first purchase on a new rewards credit card, so I'll be getting enough reward points for a $25 gift certificate. PLUS the transaction goes on my TRU rewards account. Winnage all around.

[quote name='darkunderdog']Do you have a SKU for the cards at Toys R Us?[/QUOTE]

On my receipt it has 882224092104.

Weird.[/QUOTE]

My dashboard only seems to be offering me 2 years for $84.99. Which is more than $39.99 per year which is so not worth it.

I just changed my mind and decided to get another year and take advantage, but I take it all the 39.99 or less deals are done? nothing below 44 bucks it's looking like?

[quote name='spincut']I just changed my mind and decided to get another year and take advantage, but I take it all the 39.99 or less deals are done? nothing below 44 bucks it's looking like?[/QUOTE]

Last time I was in Costco they were $38.99.

Might have to pick up a few this weekend for resale/trade after the price increase.
Can always return to Costco if the price increase is all smoke and mirrors.
Easy money for something that maintains it's intrinsic value (1 yr. XBL) no matter how much you pay for it.

bread's done
Back