Official Microsoft Points and Xbox Live subscriptions Deal Thread - Read rules in OP!

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Xbox Live Subscription and Microsoft Currency deal thread!

This thread is for in-store or online deals on Live subscriptions or Microsoft currency/Microsoft Points.

It is NOT for:

• Discussion of Bing Search and using Bing to get currency or other rewards
  • Discussion of exploits related to receiving a free month of Xbox Live
Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever heard of freecd-key.com?

It seems like this is one of those "too good to be true" type sites. They advertise that they receive cd-keys for Steam, Origin, XBLA and PSN as promotional codes and you can buy credits to get access to the codes.

I'd like to believe that they get their codes from a legit source like they say, but no matter how cheap it is, I don't want to get banned for using a bad code. Not only that, but even after you create an account and log in, you can't view anything on the site, not even the FAQ without buying credits first.

Anyone have any experience with this place?

[quote name='cycophuk']Anyone ever heard of freecd-key.com?

It seems like this is one of those "too good to be true" type sites. They advertise that they receive cd-keys for Steam, Origin, XBLA and PSN as promotional codes and you can buy credits to get access to the codes.

I'd like to believe that they get their codes from a legit source like they say, but no matter how cheap it is, I don't want to get banned for using a bad code. Not only that, but even after you create an account and log in, you can't view anything on the site, not even the FAQ without buying credits first.

Anyone have any experience with this place?[/QUOTE]

I would bring the site to @XboxSupport on twitter. Usually they are really coy about bad websites. I find that if I bring it to their attention and wait a couple days the website tends to disappear.

What would I even say to an XBL rep to try and get a $40 sub?

Also, anyone ever use the codes from Amazon? Thinking about just buying one of those for $50. Really want to get back on Live.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']What would I even say to an XBL rep to try and get a $40 sub?

Also, anyone ever use the codes from Amazon? Thinking about just buying one of those for $50. Really want to get back on Live.[/QUOTE]

I've bought a MS points online code from Amazon. They're fine, you get the code right after buying it and they also email it to you.

I'm going to have to renew my Gold soon. I missed that $35 Gold deal of course. Maybe if I let it slip to Silver for a day or two, I'll see one of those dashboard deals I keep hearing about.

For anyone working in retail, if you join MS's ExpertZone, you can buy a 4000 XBL points cards for $35 weekly right upon joining. When you level up, it gets cheaper. As low as $25. PM me for details. Referring ppl nets me and the person joining 500 pts.

[quote name='orochi']For anyone working in retail, if you join MS's ExpertZone, you can buy a 4000 XBL points cards for $35 weekly right upon joining. When you level up, it gets cheaper. As low as $25. PM me for details. Referring ppl nets me and the person joining 500 pts.[/QUOTE]

how long does it take to upgrade to the higher levels of memberships to get the cheaper prices? can you give me examples of points needed for new members to get 12 month or 1600 ms point cards?

[quote name='yahoosale14']how long does it take to upgrade to the higher levels of memberships to get the cheaper prices? can you give me examples of points needed for new members to get 12 month or 1600 ms point cards?[/QUOTE]

You need to gain a certain amount of points within a period, about a month, and if you do, you level up to the next level. A quiz will give you 100 pts. I just started so I'm still an associate but I have enough to be a Veteran on 10/18. I needed 2000 and I was referred so I got 500 off the hop. So if you sign up with my referral code, you get 500 pts, take 5 quizzes and hey, you have enough for a pts card.

It's priced using 3 levels, Associate/Veteran/Expert.

Roughly.
1600 xbl pts
$15/13/10 + 1000/750/500

4000 xbl pts
$35/30/25 + 1000/750/500

Gears of War 3
$30/25/20 + 1000/750/500

There's also stuff like controllers, PC hardware, and games.

3 month Gold sub
$16/14/12.

So that makes $48/yr at best. I think 12 month Gold sub will be about the same (Speculating because it's out of stock.)

[quote name='orochi']12 month Gold sub just came back into stock on ExpertZone.
$35/30/25.[/QUOTE]

Is Best Buy up for the ExpertZone? I might try to get in on it.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Ok that's it! I'm checking this thread daily. I used to be good about scoring cheap points.[/QUOTE]

I am still soooooo pissed i missed the 4000 points for $35 on ebay daily deals a few days ago. Damn you job

[quote name='Mako1215']Is Best Buy up for the ExpertZone? I might try to get in on it.[/QUOTE]

I dunno, I'm with Target. Walmart doesn't get rewards.

[quote name='orochi']I dunno, I'm with Target. Walmart doesn't get rewards.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I also work at target and I saw the expertzone deals, so I signed up and it asks for verification. what did you do? Just scan the top of your paycheck with name and showing you get paid to work there?

I received my 4000 point cards today and just tried redeeming one of them. First, I tried through Marketplace on the Web and gave me an error. Then I tried the Redeem Code option through the :360: and it also gives me an error.

Anyone else experiencing this?

[quote name='htown01']I received my 4000 point cards today and just tried redeeming one of them. First, I tried through Marketplace on the Web and gave me an error. Then I tried the Redeem Code option through the :360: and it also gives me an error.

Anyone else experiencing this?[/QUOTE]

My friend has the same problem but he got his 400 mps from bing rewards

[quote name='htown01']I received my 4000 point cards today and just tried redeeming one of them. First, I tried through Marketplace on the Web and gave me an error. Then I tried the Redeem Code option through the :360: and it also gives me an error.

Anyone else experiencing this?[/QUOTE]

Identical issue has came up before. Call the 1-800-4myxbox number and they can tell what the code is for and troubleshoot it. They're not in India anymore, Microsoft grew a pair and hired polite and understandable Americans for Xbox customer service.

[quote name='XF Gator']Identical issue has came up before. Call the 1-800-4myxbox number and they can tell what the code is for and troubleshoot it. They're not in India anymore, Microsoft grew a pair and hired polite and understandable Americans for Xbox customer service.[/QUOTE]

Great, thanks for the info Gator :)

[quote name='AgentW']Ok, so I also work at target and I saw the expertzone deals, so I signed up and it asks for verification. what did you do? Just scan the top of your paycheck with name and showing you get paid to work there?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that way is fine. I logged into eHR and just took a screen cap of my paystub and blacked out the important bits in paint. You should re-register with a diff account so you can use my referral code so we both get 500 pts. ;)

Has anyone ever got a card that has been already used? I bought one of those 4000 cards off of ebay for $35, and I just input the code from the card, and it says it's already been redeemed. WTF! What do I do? Was I scammed? It was buy.com off ebay. Plus I had to rip the tab off to reveal the code so how could it be previously used??? What do I do?

[quote name='MoxManiac_']Has anyone ever got a card that has been already used? I bought one of those 4000 cards off of ebay for $35, and I just input the code from the card, and it says it's already been redeemed. WTF! What do I do? Was I scammed? It was buy.com off ebay. Plus I had to rip the tab off to reveal the code so how could it be previously used??? What do I do?[/QUOTE]

This is why you don't buy ANYTHING off ebay that can't tell it's good just by looking at the photos.

Update: problem solved :) I called 800-4MY-XBOX last night but the female that helped me last night was unsuccessful in solving my problem. I called about 5 minutes ago and the guy, who sounded like he was either high or really tired, solved my issue.

I gave him the service request # I was given last night, he asked me what was my problem, I explained and heard his keyboard clack slowly. He instructed me to reboot and to re-try redeeming the code again. After inputting the code it went through :D

I asked what was the issue and he told me there was some type of lock on my account (he didn't further specify and I didn't want to ask). My guess is that this lock was placed on my account because I used that $1 a month beef jerky link about 6 times.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']Has anyone ever got a card that has been already used? I bought one of those 4000 cards off of ebay for $35, and I just input the code from the card, and it says it's already been redeemed. WTF! What do I do? Was I scammed? It was buy.com off ebay. Plus I had to rip the tab off to reveal the code so how could it be previously used??? What do I do?[/QUOTE]

That's really unfortunate Mox. Did you purchase the $35 card from buy.com or another seller?

Sorry, man. That sucks.

[quote name='htown01'] That's really unfortunate Mox. Did you purchase the $35 card from buy.com or another seller?[/QUOTE]

I purchased it from buy. I also got the 12 month live for $35 from them which worked fine. I'm honestly baffled. I opened the blister pack, unwrapped the cover on the code, etc. How could it be used?

I'm going to contact xbox support and buy.com (through ebay) but I'm not expecting much luck :( The worst thing is if I try to return it, they will be suspicious (I would be)

[quote name='MoxManiac_']I purchased it from buy. I also got the 12 month live for $35 from them which worked fine. I'm honestly baffled. I opened the blister pack, unwrapped the cover on the code, etc. How could it be used?

I'm going to contact xbox support and buy.com (through ebay) but I'm not expecting much luck :( The worst thing is if I try to return it, they will be suspicious (I would be)[/QUOTE]

Damn, very unlucky. I have no idea whatsoever how a code can be used when it is in clamshell packaging.

Good thing you're on top of this, just explain your situation to them. I hope you get this resolved. Good luck.

Isn't there an EXPERTZONE thread already in the XBOX forum. Those should be discussed elsewhere. So, any deals? I'm almost out of points after forever it seems.

[quote name='htown01']Update: problem solved :) I called 800-4MY-XBOX last night but the female that helped me last night was unsuccessful in solving my problem. I called about 5 minutes ago and the guy, who sounded like he was either high or really tired, solved my issue.

I gave him the service request # I was given last night, he asked me what was my problem, I explained and heard his keyboard clack slowly. He instructed me to reboot and to re-try redeeming the code again. After inputting the code it went through :D

I asked what was the issue and he told me there was some type of lock on my account (he didn't further specify and I didn't want to ask). My guess is that this lock was placed on my account because I used that $1 a month beef jerky link about 6 times.[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same thing happen. It took them about 45 minutes to figure it out, but yeah, some sort of lock on my account because I redeemed a bunch of codes at once.

Yikes! I just got my 4000 point card in the mail a day or two ago but I hadn't redeemed it yet. Mine also looked brand new (in the blister packaging, the little cardboard thing still attached) but I was worried after seeing your post. Thankfully, when I put in my code on xbox.com it worked fine. No idea how you could get one that looks brand new like that and the code would be redeemed. Buying stuff off ebay can be scary. :(

Just call 18004myxbox and they can look into it. They can verify who what where and when the code was used, if it was, and can make it right. I have called with an issue about a preorder code not working, and they were very helpful. U have proof of purchase and your story seems legit, should be ok. Good luck though!

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']Someone messed up somewhere. I ordered 3 of those cards for $34.99 last week and my shipment came today. They sent me 6 of them.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you!:applause:

[quote name='SyxxHallNash']Someone messed up somewhere. I ordered 3 of those cards for $34.99 last week and my shipment came today. They sent me 6 of them.[/QUOTE]

Someone at the buy.com warehouse is getting fired, because the same thing happened to me -- a friend of mine and I went in on three cards, and six showed up \\:D/I can only imagine how many other people this happened to.

[quote name='jason00']Someone at the buy.com warehouse is getting fired, because the same thing happened to me -- a friend of mine and I went in on three cards, and six showed up \\:D/I can only imagine how many other people this happened to.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Guess I'll always check this thread. Still pissed no one decided to make a separate thread instead of posting it in here. Gets annoying checking this thread every time a new post is made only to find out it's deal I'm not interested in. Don't think 4000 points cards have ever gotten that low before outside of glitches.

I got twice as many cards than I ordered as well.

So does anyone think buy will ask for these back? I'm happy I got such a killer deal, $300 worth of points for $105, but ethically and morally, if buy asks for them back I would be obligated to return them. It's just the honest thing to do.

I hope they don't ask for them back though. ;)

This has happened to me with amazon before and they have never asked for the merch back, they literally told me to keep some games and DVDs as a gift from them.

I'll just hold onto these points cards for now and see what buy's move is next week. Luckily these thing don't drop in value like a game would.

[quote name='clickpow']Someone should sell me one for $35 =),

Congrats guys[/QUOTE]

Ditto :) Share the love guys? lol

[quote name='Digital Idiot']I got twice as many cards than I ordered as well.

So does anyone think buy will ask for these back? I'm happy I got such a killer deal, $300 worth of points for $105, but ethically and morally, if buy asks for them back I would be obligated to return them. It's just the honest thing to do.

I hope they don't ask for them back though. ;)

This has happened to me with amazon before and they have never asked for the merch back, they literally told me to keep some games and DVDs as a gift from them.

I'll just hold onto these points cards for now and see what buy's move is next week. Luckily these thing don't drop in value like a game would.[/QUOTE]

Highly doubt they will ask for it back. They made a big mistake and someone is paying with their job more than likely.

bread's done
Back