Official Moviestop Thread - B3G1F, 40% off used Anime

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
Current Deals: I do not have any end dates, but it looks like Moviestop is currently running a B3G1 Free promotion on used items. Also all used anime is 40% off. The promotions stack with their discount card, but the 40% anime won't stack with the B3G1

Check out Moviestop.com For More Info.

7618_136398561601_14006986601_2478958_1753767_n.jpg

Trade 4 Details:

Moviestop has been running a deal where if you trade 4 movies in you get $19.99 +tax credit toward any new release (including Blu-ray). All of the dvds must be worth at least $1.50 in trade in value to qualify. If there is nothing that you want to pre-order, you may select something that comes out in a few months and then switch your pre-order once something you want gets released/announced. All stores will be running this deal, however they will no longer be advertising it, so you'll have to ask for the deal. Click the spoiler for a list of studios they accept.

Anchor Bay
Columbia/Sony
Buena Vista
Dreamworks
First Look Pictures
Fox
Genius Products
Hart Sharpe
Lionsgate-Artisan
Magnolia
MGM
New Yorker Films
Paramount
Sony Music/Wonder
Think Film
UNiversal
Vivendi
Warner
Bandai
Pioneer/Geneon
Funimation
Manga Video
ADV Films
Gold Hill Media
Media Blasters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about any current TI deals but I'd wish they'd run the same trade 4 get 1 free deal on BR's like they do with DVD's.

When I passed by a couple of weeks ago they were still doing the trade 4 get a $19.99 title. I don't know the specifics of it though.

I went to MovieStop today and I thought I would give you guys an update on current deals. They are still running the Trade 4 Get a $19.99 New Release DVD (or half off the Blu-Ray) deal. They're also currently running a Buy 3 Get 1 Free on used DVDs. Sadly, Blu-Rays are not included. They also had a bin of Clearance movies, but most were disc only and forgettable. That's probably YMMV though. Hope that helps some people.

Sorry to be a n00b to moviestop (we have one in the area now) - so you can trade disc only dvds? i have a couple. are their trading standards like gamestop more or less - ie some scratches okay as long as it plays?

[quote name='hopeunknown']Sorry to be a n00b to moviestop (we have one in the area now) - so you can trade disc only dvds? i have a couple. are their trading standards like gamestop more or less - ie some scratches okay as long as it plays?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they take single discs, because they have a huge section of those in clear cases at each location. I would suggest they probably drop the price if it's scratched. If you don't have the Director's club card, dang good deal, can get 10% extra credit on trades and 10% off used movies you buy for $15/year, PLUS you get 55 issues of Entertainment Weekly, it's a steal

Went to Moviestop today, no real updates as far as sales go, just the standard "managers specials", this one being a buncha crappy dvds for B2G1F.

We should be due for a 40% off anime sometime soon.

Big ups to the MovieStop in Kennesaw,GA. I had a problem with a preorder and they were able to come up with a solution and fix the situation. I love that store.

Not only as a bump, but for those that use MovieStop, this might be of note: My location in Jacksonville, FL no longer takes single discs/discs with no case, this changed as of 9/1/09. Although they added another rack of these for sale afterwards, probably due to high trading demand. Hopefully these will eventually go down, the best quality is usually 3.99 for a disc or 3 for $10. I don't know if this is YMMV or not, but will check it

Wow, its been 5 and a half months since I last updated this thread?

Sadly ive only been to moviestop probably 3 times since April, I do plan on hitting one this weekend, so if I find any deals I'll post em here.

To confirm, the whole no disc only policy should be company wide. Now only if gamestop would take the same route...

Is there any way to know the TIV of certain movies? I have about 80 DVDs I want to get rid of, but wanna use the ones I can to take advantage of the new release promo.

From their Facebook page
MovieStop.com is live!
http://moviestop.com is up and running!

You've asked for it and we've listened! Stay up to date on upcoming new releases, trade values, sale offers and promotions. You can also locate any of our stores and $1 Rental Kiosks!

Check it out, browse around and let us know what you think!

Saw this recently...today only (Saturday, March 6th), MovieStop is having a special pre-Oscars sale, only for Director's Club card holders

Deals include:

B2G1 Free on all used DVD's and Blu-Rays
50% More store credit on traded DVD's and Blu-Rays

bread's done
Back