Official Playstation VR Deals and Discussion Thread

billyrox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Just starting a thread for deals for the Playstation VR. 

I picked up the Core bundle off Amazon and I'm looking for a cheap camera and move controllers.

I found that best buy has some cheap playstation 4 cameras on sale for 39.99 with free shipping.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-camera-for-playstation-4-black/8245153.p?skuId=8245153

If you all know any good deals for move controllers or launch games, let me know.

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS VR) $15.99 via Amazon (Prime Price). https://www.amazon.c...heapassgam08-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I started to play Thumper tonight and I’m super into it. I think I paid $8 for it in a recent psn sale and it’s already proving to be well worth it. The sound design is superb and the art style is very cool and psychedelic. It feels like it took heavy inspiration from Rez and Frequency/Amplitude. There is a pretty decent length demo of it on the “demo disc 1”, which is available for free on psn.

And in regards to the V2 headset’s included earbuds, the game sounds great through them. I haven’t tried any other headphones or headset with my VR to compare because I don’t have any. But if you guys think the included earbuds suck, I can’t imagine how amazing it might sound through a good headset
The earbuds were good to me when I got my PSVR. Then I got some over ear headphones (nothing special, the TB VR350's) and have used those since and it sounds a lot better.

Then I went to play one day and my TB's were dead so I had to charge them but still wanted to play, so I put the earbuds in instead. I was playing RE7.

And holy shit it made a HUGE difference. The earbuds are not nearly as good as the TB headphones. There is no depth whatsoever to them compared to TB's and they have no bass. I could also hear quite a bit of ambient noise compared to TB's. The game felt a lot less scary too using the ear buds because of this.

Thumper sounds awesome with them too, a lot of it due to the bass.

How comfortable is it to wear an over the ear headset with the vr headset? It doesn’t seem like it would fit well over the VR
It's fine as long as they are wide enough to fit over PSVR. If you get a pair make sure it's one that people say fits fine in the reviews and stuff.

I loved Hot Shots Golf 3. Me and Mom would play that for hours on end.

I got Everybodys Golf hoping to recapture some of that magic now that Mom has passed but it doesn't grab me the same way. I don't like not having the chatty cabbies and the fun characters either

I never found a new or used copy near me, but I did happen across this today. It says it's backordered, but still allows you to place an order to be shipped when stock is received. Jump on it now before the assholes get to it.
I have a feeling these orders will never be fulfilled. Bull Moose allowed something similar so I ordered there a few weeks ago and just got an email apologizing that even though they searched and tried to order it they were unable to so my order was canceled.

I loved Hot Shots Golf 3. Me and Mom would play that for hours on end.

I got Everybodys Golf hoping to recapture some of that magic now that Mom has passed but it doesn't grab me the same way. I don't like not having the chatty cabbies and the fun characters either
Maybe I am missing something, but how is this related to VR?

I have a feeling these orders will never be fulfilled. Bull Moose allowed something similar so I ordered there a few weeks ago and just got an email apologizing that even though they searched and tried to order it they were unable to so my order was canceled.
I think you're probably right, but options are slim right now so might as well keep it as a backup. I passed on buying Job Simulator digitally this time around, but if this falls through I'll just pick it up with the next 20% off coupon.

As a consolation, I did buy The Lost Bear though. I'll probably get to it in the next couple of days.

Not sure if anyone is interested, but there's a copy of The Inpatient going for 25% off the list price on eBay. Probably won't last long.

You should swing by the Xbox Thread. It's a shining example of how to stay on topic. :^)

Edit - on-topic...
Week commencing 12th, 5 new games dropping:
CubeWorks
Drunken Bar Fight
Knockout League
Pop Up Pilgrims
Sprint Vector

Maybe you could give the guy a break and just pass over his post without needing to complain about it. He's posting about memories of his dead mother, but what's apparently more important to you is to point out he's off topic or posted in the wrong thread. Nice. :nottalking:

You should swing by the Xbox Thread. It's a shining example of how to stay on topic. :^)

Edit - on-topic...
Week commencing 12th, 5 new games dropping:
CubeWorks
Drunken Bar Fight
Knockout League
Pop Up Pilgrims
Sprint Vector
Sprint Vector has been getting great reviews. I really wish that and Knockout League were getting physical releases.

It was off topic from a few pages back. I didn't realize I was 3 pages back until after I posted it and then said screw it.

Maybe you could give the guy a break and just pass over his post without needing to complain about it. He's posting about memories of his dead mother, but what's apparently more important to you is to point out he's off topic or posted in the wrong thread. Nice. :nottalking:
Who's complaining? I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt and asked how it was related to VR. I never said it was off topic or that he posted in the wrong thread. Maybe learn how to read.

A neat extra to getting PSVR is with the Playstation Camera I now have a microphone always hooked up to the PS4. Yesterday I looked something up on the Youtube app, and instead of using the digital keyboard I was able to just say what I was looking for. It's too bad Sony hasn't added voice search to the PS4 PSN store.

Finished Farpoint earlier today.  The game was great and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I really wish it was a bit longer though, it felt pretty damn short.  I also kind of wish you had the option to have more than 2 weapons or at least get back to some of the old ones you had at one point.  I saw a ton of rockets and grenades around but I no longer had those guns since I was picking up all the new guns to try out.  Some of them were good and some weren't that great.  I feel like the first 2 weapons are the best all around weapons.

At the very end to, is there anything special at the end of the credits rolling?  I held X to skip it and then it just took you back to the menu.  

I hope more games can take advantage of the Aim controller and incorporate it as well as Farpoint did.  I still haven't opened Doom and may try that next, but I was hoping for a left handed patch, regardless of playing with the Move or Aim controller.

Hey guys, I'm trying to move a PSN code for Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin. I'll sell it to anyone here for like 12 bucks. I'll even throw in my extra 20% off coupon (while supplies last) as incentive.

I haven't tried the demo yet but am eagerly anticipating Persistence, as I do with just about any horror game. PSVR is a good platform for horror stuff and RE7 has really blown me away. Arizona Sunshine and Rush of Blood were great as well, I haven't heard many good things about the Inpatient but getting all this horror stuff is really awesome.  

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/02/09/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-2-13-2018/

There are a bunch of PSVR games releasing this week:

New Releases: Week of February 13, 2018

CubeWorks
PS VR — Digital

Welcome to CubeWorks, a VR game designed to challenge the player’s spatial manipulation and problem solving abilities as they advance through various stages in a top-secret laboratory.

Drunkn Bar Fight
PS VR — Digital

Drunkn Bar Fight is a simple, immersive, silly, rowdy party game. Take turns throwing bottles, darts, chairs, tip jars or anything else you can get your hands on at opponents.

Knockout League
PS VR — Digital

Welcome to the Knockout League, an arcade style boxing game built from the ground up for VR.

Pop-Up Pilgrims
PS VR — Digital

Put on your PS VR headset and use the simple controls to guide the pilgrims around each beautifully drawn stage.

Sprint Vector
PS VR — Digital

Sprint Vector is the ultimate competitive VR game: a multiplayer adrenaline platformer that merges the physical thrill of athletic competition with the unhinged energy of a crazy game show.

So that one store near me still says it has Job Simulator new for PS4 so I tried randomly again today for in store pickup.  Within like 10 minutes it said it was ready for pickup so I called to verify it was ready, and the guy said they don't have it in stock and he was clicking the "not found" thing on their system but it kept popping up for him to look for it.  So he verified that they do not have it in store.  He had no clue it's a rare game or anything either because he said he could check other stores for me.

And now on their website it doesn't show it as available so I guess he fixed whatever problem they had.

Drunkn Bar Fight seems like it should be the greatest game of all time. However, the screen shots on the store page look terrible, though apparently you can hit people with a baseball bat which is a plus. Anyone tried this?

Drunkn Bar Fight seems like it should be the greatest game of all time. However, the screen shots on the store page look terrible, though apparently you can hit people with a baseball bat which is a plus. Anyone tried this?
I don't know about the PSVR version, but Giant Bomb has played the Vive version a few times:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEgUIcyKEEk

So that one store near me still says it has Job Simulator new for PS4 so I tried randomly again today for in store pickup. Within like 10 minutes it said it was ready for pickup so I called to verify it was ready, and the guy said they don't have it in stock and he was clicking the "not found" thing on their system but it kept popping up for him to look for it. So he verified that they do not have it in store. He had no clue it's a rare game or anything either because he said he could check other stores for me.

And now on their website it doesn't show it as available so I guess he fixed whatever problem they had.
My local GameStops never show anything, new or used. Still haven't heard shit from DeepDiscount about my backorder. And as far as Robinson goes, Shitseek still claims my Walmart has 5 copies. And of course eBay has copies of both for $50-100+. Tired of this bullshit.

Wow that game looks terrible.
Is that the extent of the gameplay? It looks like it'd be fun for a whole five minutes.

I picked up Sprint Vector and it’s pretty awesome. It has a Nintendo VR feel to it. The bright colors are gorgeous and the tracking is spot on. All the reviews have been really good too. I highly recomend checking them out if you haven’t already. This may end up being one of the best PSVR games to date.

Wow that game looks terrible.
I imagine it probably feels a little better from a first-person VR perspective, but yeah, 3rd person looked horrid. I understand the rag doll physics to some degree because of the motion controls, but it really made it look alot worse.

As they said in the Giant Bomb video: "sometimes bad VR is better than good VR". That's the vibe I got here; so bad it's good. Looks really stupid and the type of game you'd play with friends (as demonstrated in the video).
Apparently it’s missing some (arguably) important features that were offered in the other versions.

The biggest complaint I’ve seen is there is no way to turn your body, you can only move forward and backward. You also can’t get ‘drunk’. In the other versions the more you drink the blurrier your vision gets, and you also get bigger and stronger. The PSVR version didn’t include these features. It also seems to be very buggy from the gameplay videos I’ve watched.

It still looks like fun to me, but I’m waiting for a cheap sale and/or an update or patch.

I bought all three ( DBF, KO League, and Sprint Vector), but haven't had a chance to play any yet.

DBF looks fun just because the ragdoll physics are so over the top. Should be good to blow off some steam and even better when you play while actually drinking in RL.

Looking forward to KO League the most, because of how much it resembles Punch-Out.

The Lost Bear: Short platformer with VR elements. You're basically controlling everything from a stage while your surrounding environment changes with the levels. It took me a little over an hour to complete, although I blame that mostly on the poor game mechanics, with specifics to jumping. My next challenge is to beat it in a single playthrough without dying (which should take no longer than half an hour), and it SEEMS simple enough, but I keep making stupid mistakes.

It's a fun enough game while it lasts, but my main criticism is that they didn't do enough with the VR. At some points it comes into play, but not nearly enough to justify its $12.99 price point; I bought it for 20% off because it didn't seem like a game that would ever get a sale but this is a $4.99 title, tops. It's a neat idea, but ultimately flawed execution.

GNOG: A quirky little toy box puzzler from Double-Fine. Much like Statik, it's a game where you learn what to do through blind experimentation. The difference being that I was eventually able to figure out all the puzzles here, whereas I couldn't even get through the demo of Statik before I got fed up and looked up the solution. Some people might find it too easy, but I found it the right difficulty; the only problem is that there's a very limited amount of puzzles and once you're done, there's not much else to do.

The highlights are definitely the psychedelic colors and trippy music surrounding you in VR, but the length and ease (it took me 1-2 hours) may turn off serious gamers. Be sure to check out the demo on VR Demo Disc 1 to see if it's your cup of tea.

Just read that Sony is putting the VR on sale again, with the stand alone headset at 199, Doom bundle at 299, and Skyrim bundle at 349 starting on the 18th until march.

Wonder if it's worth it to trade in my V1 version for a V2 w HDMI passthrough? Gamestop is giving 100 for them right now, and I have enough credit to swing the difference. How much would an HDMI splitter solution run me? I have no 4K TV right now, this would just be future proofing.
Switches are around 30 bucks and tend to work pretty well but are a bit finicky. There are a couple of other niceties in V2 including inline earbuds, thinner cables, etc. but they seem pretty minor.

Just read that Sony is putting the VR on sale again, with the stand alone headset at 199, Doom bundle at 299, and Skyrim bundle at 349 starting on the 18th until march.
Wonder if it's worth it to trade in my V1 version for a V2 w HDMI passthrough? Gamestop is giving 100 for them right now, and I have enough credit to swing the difference. How much would an HDMI splitter solution run me? I have no 4K TV right now, this would just be future proofing.
If it won’t help you in any way now I say just wait for a v3.

Do you know when that sale is supposed to start? GameStop is offering 25% bonus towards consoles so only $75 oop to upgrade to the newer version would be very tempting even though I don’t have a 4k tv yet either.

If it won’t help you in any way now I say just wait for a v3.
That is very smart advice. I wish I would follow it, but my house full of junk I bought because it was a good deal proves I can't.

If sony decided to do this deal again already, we can bet they will do it again and again until it is the new msrp and different bundles are out. So I would agree no reason to rush on an upgrade if you don't have a need soon.

honestly I'm still surprised they launched the PSVR without hdr passthrough considering it got announced alongside their big HDR ON PS4 push, not about to buy a whole new headset tho

Do you know when that sale is supposed to start? GameStop is offering 25% bonus towards consoles so only $75 oop to upgrade to the newer version would be very tempting even though I don’t have a 4k tv yet either.
How would it only be $75 to upgrade? Thought the $199 PSVR headset was V1

PSVR shows $100 base at gamestop and may get 25% boost if it is considered a console. I was thinking that the $199 one is V2 but I could be wrong about that.

I have a couple of questions about some games on PSVR for you guys who have played them so I'll make a list here.

1. How comparable is Paranormal Activity to RE7 as far as scary/freaky factor?  I thought RE7 was pretty damn scary and creepy, but in a great way.  Also how long is it?  Is it better to play with DS4 or the move controllers?  This is a game I picked up but haven't started yet.

2. I picked up Doom when it was $20 on Amazon but haven't opened it yet. I'm left handed too.  Have any lefties played it and if so, how was it?  Is the move or Aim controller the preferred way to play Doom?  Should I continue to wait in hopes of a left handed patch?

3. I'm not a big zombie fan at all but I am somewhat curious about Arizona Sunshine because it uses the Aim controller and I loved every second of Farpoint.  I'm just curious what people who really enjoyed Farpoint thought of Arizona Sunshine and how they compare.  Is it just waves and waves of zombies that you fire upon?   That sounds a bit boring to me so I'm wondering if it's more than that, or if the Aim makes it fun enough either way.

I finished RE7 and Farpoint and now have Doom, Paranormal Activity, and Thumper to play (I've played a bit of Thumper and love it but also looking for a more "serious" game to play).  Oh and I still have Skyrim that is unopened but I don't plan on opening it, just not my type of game.  And I'm just wondering what I should dig into this weekend.

bread's done
Back