Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

[quote name='adriley313']If your far enough just use the move tutor. if not i guess it sucks.

How come that gym leaders Miltank hit my damn Gastly with stomp.
Did I miss something? Still whooped her ass with my Geodude[/QUOTE]
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/241.shtml

miltank has an ability called scrappy, where it can hit ghost types with normal moves.

IF anyone gets a bonus figure of lugia and dont really want it let me know, Id be happy to paypal you something for it. Just send me a PM. Just the figure and his little box is all I want.

I bought the heart gold version and got the figure of the firebird thing with it and I have the other 2 bonus figures from previous ones so Id like to have lugia just to round off the collection of all 4 bonus guys.

My team so far is Quilava, Pidgeotto, Zubat, Gastly, and now Heracross (who I'm training for the next gym). My 6th spot right now is a Rattata with Cut and Headbutt. I planned on using Zubat but he's annoying to use right now.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Oh do they? Someone in another thread had said your Pokémon would miss it's evolution. Didn't know anything about this, as I never cancel evolutions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can evolve them any time you want as long as they can still gain levels. Stopping evolutions is a great idea when you want to learn a powerful move, as often the base form of the pokemon chain will learn it many levels in advance of the higher stages.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Thanks for the link.

So...be careful, or they'll annoy the crap out of me?[/QUOTE]
Yes. If GameFAQs is to be believed, Picnicker Liz is the worst.

[quote name='KongaKing']Wow that is so lame about the Pokemon never learning a move if they hit said level while in the pokewalker. Why didn't they warn us about this? Now my butterfree will never learn sleep powder, and a few other pokemon will never learn some moves either. What the hell? So i guess I gotta look up to see what level Pokemon learn moves at, and make sure they are not in the walker the level before? That's so lame. They should just learn it the next level you play in game. BAH. Poor butterfree[/QUOTE]

There is a move relearner in the game.

Yes Drake.
Remember the guy you bring Heart Scales.

Just got my Eeved with a Soothe Bell so I can get Espeon.
Thinkin bout after breeding him so I can get Jolteon.

Now in Ecruteak town, doing some training b4 I battle him.

Need to max out Eevees friendship.

^ I was planning on doing the same thing but riding around with a Soothe Bell takes a long time and its still a long way to max out happiness so i just beat Ecruteak gym with my Croconaw.

Since most people have the game and you can online trade after the 1st badge, I have 2 Bulbasaur eggs, 2 Squirtle eggs, and 3 Charmander eggs sitting in my box. No idea what the genders are. I'll continue to breed them since I imagine they will be highly sought after.

If you want them, PM me and add my Diamond FC (3694-6624-7388). I'll take anything you don't want anymore: Pidgey, Rattata, Sentret, I don't care.

[quote name='KongaKing']Wow that is so lame about the Pokemon never learning a move if they hit said level while in the pokewalker. Why didn't they warn us about this? Now my butterfree will never learn sleep powder, and a few other pokemon will never learn some moves either. What the hell? So i guess I gotta look up to see what level Pokemon learn moves at, and make sure they are not in the walker the level before? That's so lame. They should just learn it the next level you play in game. BAH. Poor butterfree[/QUOTE]

So someone found this out? The pokemon will not evolve in the pokewalker, but was not sure about the not learning a move. No one in the thread has confirmed the no learning a move though.

Today was the first day of work using the Pokewalker and it counted 22,000 steps. I don't think this thing is right, but I don't care. More watts! Thanks for the info about not learning moves while using the PW. I have to be very careful now.

Last edited by a moderator:
The moves are still unconfirmed I believe. Someone asked about it, and I only speculated.

Now I know they do not evolve in the pokewalker as that I did try out myself. Of course you can always evolve them the next level in the game, so that is not much of a problem. I got to take care of some things, but maybe tonight I will try out to see what happens with moves with a pokemon.

So once again, the no moves is not confirmed...at least not in this thread, unless someone found out already.

Ok so Im just evolvng my Haunter, Kadabra and Gravaler.
Need someone to help evolve them.
Also if you have a spare firestone for my Vulpix.

My Friend code for HeartGold is
5371 2631 1225 Ayjel

pm if you can help
thx a bunch

Best Pokemon to use in the Pokewalker if you want to get the new paths is Ditto. Never evolves, only knows one move, and it leveling up is good (less you have to pay when you pick it up from the breeder). You also get it early, just south of Goldenrod City.

Confirmed now. You do not get the move either. So either as others said wait until you meet the move tutor and relearn those moves or only use those pokemon in levels you know they don't get a move.

The leveling up and not evolving to me is not that big of a problem, I like them learning moves earlier anyways, but not learning moves definitely can be problematic. So just use caution. Ditto is good choice if you just want to unlock, but remember that going for walks in the pokewalker also raises their happiness.

Any pokemon that level up by happiness would be a good candidate to go in the pokewalker as well.

[quote name='icedrake523']Since most people have the game and you can online trade after the 1st badge, I have 2 Bulbasaur eggs, 2 Squirtle eggs, and 3 Charmander eggs sitting in my box. No idea what the genders are. I'll continue to breed them since I imagine they will be highly sought after.

If you want them, PM me and add my Diamond FC (3694-6624-7388). I'll take anything you don't want anymore: Pidgey, Rattata, Sentret, I don't care.[/QUOTE]

Wait... How do you trade after the first Gym badge? Maybe I haven't seen it yet, as I'm on the way to Azalea.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Confirmed now. You do not get the move either. So either as others said wait until you meet the move tutor and relearn those moves or only use those pokemon in levels you know they don't get a move.[/QUOTE]

Seems like they could have figured a way around this when making the game.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Wait... How do you trade after the first Gym badge? Maybe I haven't seen it yet, as I'm on the way to Azalea.

Seems like they could have figured a way around this when making the game.[/QUOTE]

To trade online just go downstairs in any pokemon center. Of course you both will need each others friend codes.

I also agree that they could have figured a way, it's unfortunate to say the least especially for children who have no idea they missed a move or not...but then again you got to give some of these kids some credit. Either way at least we are aware as well now, I'm not even going to test with a pokemon who has no spot to learn moves since if it won't learn one with a space available, there is no way it will learn without a space available.

considering that the pokemon only goes up 1 lv per stroll, its not that big of a deal.
just make sure to whip it out when the next level learns a move.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Wait... How do you trade after the first Gym badge? Maybe I haven't seen it yet, as I'm on the way to Azalea.
[/QUOTE]

Go into a Pokemon center and go down the escalators to the right. If there is no nurse blocking your way, you can trade.

Thanks for the info about trading. I guess I was wondering more about trading against random folks. I think I heard you couldn't do that until the 4th gym.

Just went online to the Pokémon Plaza a little while ago. If that was in Platinum, I so never checked it out. Pretty cute little place.

Wow, so I dont know what to do. My pokemon game keeps crashing on the start menu and ownt let me start! I get up to the touch screen title menu and then after that it says

"A communication error has occurred. You will be returned to the title screen. Please press the A button."

I do that but it just boots back up the same way. Tried taking it out and putting it back in with no help :(

[quote name='JokerCard']Wow, so I dont know what to do. My pokemon game keeps crashing on the start menu and ownt let me start! I get up to the touch screen title menu and then after that it says

"A communication error has occurred. You will be returned to the title screen. Please press the A button."

I do that but it just boots back up the same way. Tried taking it out and putting it back in with no help :([/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't have an answer, but did you post on the Nintendo.com tech forums? I've seen only one person post about this and if more people post threads there, you are more likely to get a fast answer out of Nintendo. Best of luck!

Can anyone help evolve my pokemon
just need to trade and trade back and if anyone has a spare firestone for me Vulpix. Shed really like it.

Funny story. Had my first bug contest today.
Caught my way from Metapod, Butterfree, Beedrill to Scyther.
My Scyther was lv 14 with bout 1/3 hp left.

I get to the judges and didn't even place.
Got my *ss stomped by two Paras and a Scyther.

Crazy

I can help you if you still need it.

Today's Penny Arcade comic

pennyarcadepokewalker.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow it really pays off to choose the right route with your pokemon with the pokewalker. My pidgey was happy and found 50 watts out of nowhere. I also found an old dice bag laying around and it makes a great storage pouch for the pokewalker.

just put in magikarp in the pokewalker because it needs a lot of exp, and i'm too lazy to grind. ive just been shaking the pokewalker. lol :D

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I also found an old dice bag laying around and it makes a great storage pouch for the pokewalker.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I just remembered that I dreamed about finding these clearanced Pokémon toys for $4.99 that had some Pokémon inside a clear, plastic Pokéball. I remember thinking, "Oh, I could use this ball to protect my Pokéwalker!"

Guess that's what I get after playing the game for 7 hours already since Tuesday.:D

[quote name='adriley313']I had an idea.
Can I attach it to my dog?[/QUOTE]

Sure. The only question is...what condition will it be in when you get it back?

I have a big dog but I put it on the back of it's collar. Just hope he doesn't roll ove. May just keep it in my pocket. Will see how it goes with both.

Got my pokemon evolved thx to a rad guy on Friendcodes. Com

Morty here I come.

POkewalker question.

So can you do anything with the pokewalker besides level up a pokemon in it you transfer from the game?

I havent played it since I just got the heartgold but I read if your pokemon levels while in the pokewalker it cant learn a new ability, it has to level in the DS to get new abilities.

If thats the case is there anything else I can do with the pokewalker besides transfer one in from the game and level it?

Traded a Dratini egg from Diamond since I didn't feel like playing the Voltorb game a lot or waiting until getting to Blackthorn. I'm currently grinding the Dratini and a Magikarp since my team is really just Quilava, Pidgeotto, and Heracross right now.

Why are ppl grinding Magikarps, don't u remember that u get a red Gyrados.
Just caught mine, now I've got a water pokemon.

My team on Soul Silver so far is Typhlosion, Amphriados, Murkrow, Kingler, and the Onix you get from Violet City.

also got my preoredered heartgold version today from amazon but, the figurine box was all disfigured...

Im in Magahony and my team is
Red Gyarados--30
Gengar--------27
Eevee---------10
Flaaffy--------23
Ninetales------26
Golem---------25

need some seroius training sessions

Picked up SoulSilver at my Gamestop and walked right in got my copy, forgot to ask for a pre-order bonus. Now i can send it back to gamefly.

Cashier told me a funny story about L4D2

You think you need more training??? My current team is:

Totodile / Level 16
Pidgee / Level 16
Onix / Level 15

I just got 4 hours in and I'm on my way to the second gym. There just aren't enough hours in the day!

[quote name='adriley313']Why are ppl grinding Magikarps, don't u remember that u get a red Gyrados.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? I thought the only way to get a red Gyrados is to have a shiny Magicarp?

Riley will have to confirm this, but I remember way back when I played Silver that you just had to fish in one of the lakes at the right time. I know for sure you didn't need a shiny Magicarp.

My team is

Quilava at 22
Pidgeotto at 21
Heracross at 21
Magikarp at 19
Dratini at 19

Traded a Dratini egg from Diamond since I didn't feel like waiting till Blackthorn or doing the Voltorb game. I've been grinding him all day from level 1. I decided to catch a Magikarp since I need something strong with Bite to beat Morty (coincidentally, I did the same in Diamond for the Ghost gym leader). I may swap it for the Red Gyarados which I was planning on using.

I have a Zubat in my party which I've been ignoring. I wanted to use him but he's a pain to level up. I also have grown attached to Pidgeotto. I will be sad to say goodbye to him when I get Lugia :whistle2:(

[quote name='adriley313']Why are ppl grinding Magikarps, don't u remember that u get a red Gyrados.
Just caught mine, now I've got a water pokemon.[/QUOTE]

I need a Gyarados to beat Morty. Zubat's Bite is too weak.

[quote name='utopianmachine']What are you talking about? I thought the only way to get a red Gyrados is to have a shiny Magicarp?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RchrdJ']Riley will have to confirm this, but I remember way back when I played Silver that you just had to fish in one of the lakes at the right time. I know for sure you didn't need a shiny Magicarp.[/QUOTE]

North of Mahogany Town is Lake of Rage. There's a Red Gyarados in the middle of the lake that you get to fight and have a chance to capture. The only shiny pokemon anyone can get in the games. You just have to surf up to it and press A.

[quote name='utopianmachine']What are you talking about? I thought the only way to get a red Gyrados is to have a shiny Magicarp?[/QUOTE]

I know it's been awhile ppl
don't we remember there is a shiny Gyarados at the Lake of Rage bc dumb Team Rocket is making magikarp evolve.

I just caught mine and taught it Surf.

And a better pokemon than Pidgey is Spearow as it learns Aerial Ace at 17.

bread's done
Back