Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

Hey fellow CAG's I have really never tried flipping , but my walmart still has the version of "Soul Silver" that is in the rectangular box and figure and pokewalker case/sleeve . I saw that on Amazon.com that MANY people had it selling for over $65 . So do you think it would be worth picking up the 4 at walmart and making approx. $10-$15 on each one that I sell.....that is if I can sell them :/ so confused

[quote name='DarkRider23']I
And does anyone know where to catch Marowak, Heracross (Headbutting trees?), Horsey and Growlithe? I know I'm still pretty early in the game, but I would like to catch these 4 ASAP. They are some of my favorites and will be replacing some of the Pokemon on my team. Marowak>Machamp. Kingdra>Staryu. Arcanine>Typhlosion. And I'll throw Heracross in there somehow.[/QUOTE]

I caught a growlithe south of Eucurtek, a Cubone in Safari Zone and a Horsea in the Whirlpool Isle's. Haven't seen a Heracross yet. Although, I haven't really been headbutting many trees lately.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Holy shit is this game annoying me. Is anyone else pissed off at how little Pokemon are available to you before the 5th badge? I'm getting really annoyed because I've seen maybe 10 different Pokemon in the wild so far and I don't like any of them, so I don't want them on my team. I'm currently at 5/6 for my team and that's because I just settled for different pokemon.

My team is currently:

Machop
Staryu
Pidgeotto (I wanted a Fearow, but I could never get Spearow to show up in the damn wild! I gave up after 2 hours.)
Quilava
Haunter

I don't know what I'll be putting in as my 6th. Any suggestions? I was thinking some Thunder Pokemon because right now I'm having a tough time killing any water pokemon. I was thinking Ampharos. Any other ideas?[/QUOTE]

If you can snag a thunderstone of trade a CAG, i would suggest evolving Your Eevee into a Jolteon, before lv 16 though so it can learn thundershock.
Also maybe a psychic pokemon like Abra. And if you have surf check out the Union Cave tonite and pick up a Lapras. Youll need it going after Claire and Lance in the Elite Four.

Spearow is easy to get. WHen you first start the game and your walking from New Bark Town theres a building at the north of Route 33. Walk around and you'll will find a Spearow. I prefer him as he learns Aerial Ace at 17.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Hey fellow CAG's I have really never tried flipping , but my walmart still has the version of "Soul Silver" that is in the rectangular box and figure and pokewalker case/sleeve . I saw that on Amazon.com that MANY people had it selling for over $65 . So do you think it would be worth picking up the 4 at walmart and making approx. $10-$15 on each one that I sell.....that is if I can sell them :/ so confused[/QUOTE]

Amazon and ebayers are trying to rip ppl off.
You can buy it new at stores for $40 and Amazon sells its for $40, save your cash for Gamestop game days.

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Hey fellow CAG's I have really never tried flipping , but my walmart still has the version of "Soul Silver" that is in the rectangular box and figure and pokewalker case/sleeve . I saw that on Amazon.com that MANY people had it selling for over $65 . So do you think it would be worth picking up the 4 at walmart and making approx. $10-$15 on each one that I sell.....that is if I can sell them :/ so confused[/QUOTE]

I'd look at the prices of completed auctions to get an idea of what people are actually paying. I'm not sure if u can do this on Amazon, but check Ebay.

I tend to see alot of extremely overpriced games from Amazon sellers.

[quote name='DarkRider23']I didn't even notice they made it a special attack. I was wondering why it was so damn weak. I remembered gust as being my best air attack for Pidgey early on in Gold, but it has sucked big time this game.

And does anyone know where to catch Marowak, Heracross (Headbutting trees?), Horsey and Growlithe? I know I'm still pretty early in the game, but I would like to catch these 4 ASAP. They are some of my favorites and will be replacing some of the Pokemon on my team. Marowak>Machamp. Kingdra>Staryu. Arcanine>Typhlosion. And I'll throw Heracross in there somehow.[/QUOTE]

For Heracross, to go Kurt's house in Azalea Town. Face the door, go left and up. There's a pile of wood in front of trees in the back. Headbutt the tree to the right of the wood. I can't guarantee you'll get a Heracross, but I always found them there.

[quote name='KingBroly']How am I supposed to know if it's a special Pikachu or not? I've caught 2 regular Pikachu, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

When you're searching in the grass for the Pikachus, only !!! will yield the special Pikachus. It's apparently extremely rare to see this. Most of the Pikachus will only be ! or !!. You don't even have a chance of seeing !!! until you're above 10,000 steps.

If you check all the posts from last night, you'll see several of us were trying to catch the special Pikachus, but only one person posted that they suceeded.

I have around 20 Growlithes left over in my Pearl if anyone wants one.

And I finally gave up on Steelix, had him for the whole game but now he really became useless.

Check here for complete info. Stroll way down.
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pokewalker-area.shtml

Group A, which is fly/surf Pikas, is 15/14.

Just so you all know that once you get 10.000 steps you do not need to rewalk them to start looking for Pikachus again.
As long as you leave your pokemon in the Walker you can just keep searching when you have more watts. I think ill wait till I have 2000 watts or so b4 i start searching since i hear youll need a lot.

I caught a Lv 40 Heracross at Mt Silver.
Gonna train some more Pokemon including the deadly Scizor with Technician and Bullet Punch

Hmm I just realized that of the three dogs, only 2 show up on my map and I know I have not killed the third one. Anyone else know what is up? It's entei that I am having problems seeing and I know I have battled it and had it flee before.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Hmm I just realized that of the three dogs, only 2 show up on my map and I know I have not killed the third one. Anyone else know what is up? It's entei that I am having problems seeing and I know I have battled it and had it flee before.[/QUOTE]

Suicune doesn't roam Johto. You encounter it later in Kanto. When you do, it won't run away from battle. Since they didn't remake Crystal, they made it this way.

[quote name='icedrake523']Suicune doesn't roam Johto. You encounter it later in Kanto. When you do, it won't run away from battle. Since they didn't yet remake Crystal, they made it this way.[/QUOTE]

There we go. That's more accurate :)

They won't. They didn't remake Yellow when FireRed and LeafGreen came out. That was more different from Red and Blue than Cyrstal is from Gold and Silver. They've included (with a few tweaks) everything that was unique to Crystal in HG/SS.

[quote name='DarkRider23']

I know you can get a Heracross by headbutting the trees on the route leading to the ice cave after Mahogany. Also, for Growlithe, it's easier to catch in that patch of grass right before the Safari Zone...they don't have that goddamn Roar move like the ones earlier in the game.

The other two, not sure yet.

[quote name='adriley313']If you can snag a thunderstone of trade a CAG, i would suggest evolving Your Eevee into a Jolteon, before lv 16 though so it can learn thundershock.
Also maybe a psychic pokemon like Abra. And if you have surf check out the Union Cave tonite and pick up a Lapras. Youll need it going after Claire and Lance in the Elite Four.

Spearow is easy to get. WHen you first start the game and your walking from New Bark Town theres a building at the north of Route 33. Walk around and you'll will find a Spearow. I prefer him as he learns Aerial Ace at 17.[/QUOTE]

From serebii.net:
"
In the gate in the north of Goldenrod, you'll meet the Gate Keeper Randy. He will ask you if you can take his Spearow with Mail attached to his friend in Route 31. Accept and he'll give you the Spearow. If you take the Spearow to his friend, he will take the Spearow from you."

That's where I got mine, plus it has an exp. boost.

Nobody answered my question, so I am posting it again.

"Got a question about the Pikachu thing. Should I put my level 63 adament Heracross in there or a low level pokemon to try to catch them?"

[quote name='Tech Star']Nobody answered my question, so I am posting it again.

"Got a question about the Pikachu thing. Should I put my level 63 adament Heracross in there or a low level pokemon to try to catch them?"[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter. Levels don't matter in pokewalker battles.

[quote name='Tech Star']Nobody answered my question, so I am posting it again.

"Got a question about the Pikachu thing. Should I put my level 63 adament Heracross in there or a low level pokemon to try to catch them?"[/QUOTE]Levels don't matter but I would put heracross in there because you do only gain one level per stroll with the pokewalker and heracross would benefit more if you are walking 10,000 steps.

Alright, I put my Heracross in there. Another question, it says I have a total of: 63344 steps. Is that part of the 10,000 needed for the Pikachu or how do you know when you have the 10K total?

I honestly don't know what to do with that Spearow. Do I go to his friend or what? Is the Spearow special in any way?

[quote name='KingBroly']I honestly don't know what to do with that Spearow. Do I go to his friend or what? Is the Spearow special in any way?[/QUOTE]

Just keep it. Just beware that you need the badges to control it.
17 he learns Aerial Ace and evolves at 20.

the 10K is what you walk once you put a new pokemon in the walker, NOT the total steps.

Has anyone else spotted this anywhere else? I'm kinda wanting Silver instead of HG that I have been playing, grr I already put in quite a few hours on HG :|

[quote name='utopianmachine']About to go to the mall with my Growlithe by my side. Only at 1000 steps for the day. Only 9000 more to go. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Just go clothes shopping while you are there, and you'll have those 9k steps in no time. ;)

Actually not completely true about you running into Group A pokemon only when you run into a !!!. As I stated before it is possible to get group A or B from a !!.

Both my surfing Pikachus were from !!, I couldn't even run into a !!! at all yesterday.

They appeared more after I had gone over 13000 steps. The Pikachus are really aggravating as most of you have seen. With all their running away, and even at time getting out of the pokeballs to flee. Not to mention I know Utopianmachine had that crit hit problem, but I really see myself giving them frequent crit hits period.

Just remember, even if you see a !! you could possibly get a chance for a special Flying/Surfing Pikachu. I left my pokemon from yesterday so I know I have the same group, hopefully will try for more today.

Also for the person who asked how to tell, you cannot tell. You just have to get either !!! or !! Pikachus and then transfer them over to your DS. Hope for the best.

I got so many !. Over and over again, it was aggravating to say the least. Even when I get ! and it moves patches it still is !.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Holy shit is this game annoying me. Is anyone else pissed off at how little Pokemon are available to you before the 5th badge? I'm getting really annoyed because I've seen maybe 10 different Pokemon in the wild so far and I don't like any of them, so I don't want them on my team. I'm currently at 5/6 for my team and that's because I just settled for different pokemon.

My team is currently:

Machop
Staryu
Pidgeotto (I wanted a Fearow, but I could never get Spearow to show up in the damn wild! I gave up after 2 hours.)
Quilava
Haunter

I don't know what I'll be putting in as my 6th. Any suggestions? I was thinking some Thunder Pokemon because right now I'm having a tough time killing any water pokemon. I was thinking Ampharos. Any other ideas?[/QUOTE]

I ran into a lot of pokemon by that time, then again I use the pokewalker religiously as well. I also use the GTS a lot, that way you could expand the pokemon you want by trading, there are a lot of ridiculous requests there, but some reasonable ones as well. Also, you could just try to make your own request.

I caught a bunch of Elekids in my pokewalker so you could do the same and get one for your team if you want an electric type. Or many of the Pikachus you could get in yellow forest. Might not be a special one, but an electric type regardless.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']
I got so many !. Over and over again, it was aggravating to say the least. Even when I get ! and it moves patches it still is !.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the same boat. It's extremely aggravating. I managed to get both the Surf Pikachu and the Volt Tackle Pikachu but now I'm trying to get the Fly Pikachu but this is just getting frustrating.

[quote name='DM7000']I'm on the same boat. It's extremely aggravating. I managed to get both the Surf Pikachu and the Volt Tackle Pikachu but now I'm trying to get the Fly Pikachu but this is just getting frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I got quite a few of the Volt Tackle Pikachu and one Flail Pikachu. I'm just trying to get more Surfing Pikachus, might go walk my dog in a bit for more steps.

Just got back with my Dog Zeke and so far we have 11,000+ steps. After I run out of Watts today im going to leave my Budew in for a few days so he can rack up some serious watts. That way the day that I do get 10.000 steps i can have lots of chances to find pikachus.

Ill let you know my luck later.

[quote name='adriley313']Just got back with my Dog Zeke and so far we have 11,000+ steps. After I run out of Watts today im going to leave my Budew in for a few days so he can rack up some serious watts. That way the day that I do get 10.000 steps i can have lots of chances to find pikachus.

Ill let you know my luck later.[/QUOTE]

I would not recommend this. After all you don't know quite which Pikachus you're getting. I mean after all I was well over 13000 steps and did not run into one !!! at all. So you're better off trying out even the !!. The problem is sending them over to your game of course will make the watts go there too, so you would lose them all anyways.

Unless you just try and try and try until the ones you run into are only !!!.

I'm going to leave my Geodude in until I reach the 10,000 step mark. I'm a tiny bit over...

>_>

_<

NINE-THOUSAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! steps at the moment

does anyone know of a VERY detailed walkthrough/tutorial/manual for the PokeWalker . Because I am very confused on how to use it and what it does .

Question. :p

Is there any way I can trade with myself without another DS? I have some Pokemon in Diamond that I want to trade over, but I don't have another DS to do so. Is there any way without one?

[quote name='Dendaman']Question...is there any correlation between the speed at which you select the !/!!/!!! and actually getting the "!!!" to pop up?[/QUOTE]

I read on on gamefaqs forums that the faster you select it the more likely you'll get "!!"'s or "!!!"'`, but I don't know if it's confirmed.

I hate Pikachu.
There should be a way to just run.
I've caught 3 pikas and got a Big Root, Light Ball yahooo
and Miracle seed.
Still got 700 watts more to go.

No you can't trade with urself with one ds.
I'm sure we can help u out

[quote name='Ryukahn']Just go clothes shopping while you are there, and you'll have those 9k steps in no time. ;)[/QUOTE]

Actually, I was at the mall 3 hours clothes-shopping, and I only gained 4000 steps. My Pokéwalker is right around 5000 steps for today. I think I'll just save the watts for tomorrow. My husband and I are going hiking, so I'm sure to accumulate more watts tomorrow.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Actually not completely true about you running into Group A pokemon only when you run into a !!!. As I stated before it is possible to get group A or B from a !!.

Both my surfing Pikachus were from !!, I couldn't even run into a !!! at all yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. At least there's hope from a !!.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Actually, I was at the mall 3 hours clothes-shopping, and I only gained 4000 steps. My Pokéwalker is right around 5000 steps for today. I think I'll just save the watts for tomorrow. My husband and I are going hiking, so I'm sure to accumulate more watts tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is a lot less steps than I would have thought. I suppose the shopping was a lot of start and stop movement, in which case the pokewalker would register it a lot less.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I read on on gamefaqs forums that the faster you select it the more likely you'll get "!!"'s or "!!!"'`, but I don't know if it's confirmed.[/QUOTE]

In my experiences, clicking it more slowly has produced longer chains. Usually when I click on it right away it will go to a battle. This seems to suggest that there is no correlation at all.

After I learned here it was possible to catch a flying or surfing Pikachu on less than !!!, I went through my PC box and looked at all my Pikachus. Turns out I do have a Flying one, and even one with Volt Tackle. Just need a surfing one, and I'll be a happy camper.

An average day of commuting to/from work nets me about 8-10k steps. This slows way down on the weekends of course.

My wife put a walker around one of our cats necks last night. It didn't seem to mind and it looked adorable, but it's mostly an indoor cat so it's not exactly gonna get me 10,000 steps an hour or anything.

I know it's a silly thing, but how do you get other pictures besides your own to appear in that room in Goldenrod City where you dress up your Pokémon? There's all these places on the wall for pictures, but only 1 is occupied by your dress-up picture.

Just traded for a Dratini on the GTS. My Dratini levels up so slowly, I want the boost from having someone else's.

The only sad thing for me about trading Pokémon is that I like to name my Pokémon. Wish you could rename the Pokémon you receive...

When do you get to the Move Deleter? Please tell me he's in this game.

Also, say you receive a Pokémon via the GTS, like the Dratini I just got. It doesn't know Dragon Rage. If it was encountered in the wild at level 18, which is past the point it learns Dragon Rage, can the Move Deleter get it back?

[quote name='utopianmachine']When do you get to the Move Deleter? Please tell me he's in this game.

Also, say you receive a Pokémon via the GTS, like the Dratini I just got. It doesn't know Dragon Rage. If it was encountered in the wild at level 18, which is past the point it learns Dragon Rage, can the Move Deleter get it back?[/QUOTE]
Both the deleter and re-learner are in Blackthorn City. Deleting is free, learning a move costs a heart scale, which can be found on the beautiful beach pokewalker course.

bread's done
Back