Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

If I get another Flying Pikachu tonight, I'd be glad to trade it to someone. Speaking of trades, I need a Cyndaquil. I'm assuming since I chose Totodile as my starter, my rival chose Chikorita, and thus I'll never see a Cyndaquil in this game?

Id trade for that Flying Pikachu, as i got two Flailing and one Sucky. At least it has Shock Wave.

I did get another Big Root and 2 Light Balls.
I have a Chikorita to trade for other starters.
Im also gonna breed my Charmander and Bublasaur and Feebas.

[quote name='Ryukahn']In my experiences, clicking it more slowly has produced longer chains. Usually when I click on it right away it will go to a battle. This seems to suggest that there is no correlation at all.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed the opposite at times. I was trying to see if it did indeed change, but it sure doesn't seem to be that way, at least not in the Yellow Forest. So I don't know, I mean unless someone decided to actually take the time and do different timings in clicking before the pokemon runs away we could get a study going.

That's cool about the flying pokemon Utopian, I still haven't take off my current pokemon to try to get more surfing Pikachus. Yesterday I only was able to get one more. So if anyone has an extra flying Pikachu I'll trade ya a surfing Pikachu.

The Move guy appears around later in the game, so by the time you might already have learned another dragon move anyways. Though that is in the same town where the Move Tutor lives, and you could just have her teach your dragonair/dragonite Draco Meteor...though it is a special attack (as is Dragon Rage) there are other Dragon that are attack moves that would make more sense for a Dragonite (since it is an attacker). Though the most damaging attack dragon moves either have to go for 3 turns and leave you confuse, or have only a 75% chance in hitting.

You should see the Cyndaquil somewhere, I mean I was able to see a Chikorita somewhere, probably a regular trainer, since I was able to get it through the GTS (I chose a Cyndaquil as a starter, so my rival had a Totodile).

[quote name='adriley313']I started with Chikorita and I havent seen a Totodile yet.[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right! I just saw my Chikorita and it was you who gave it to me. It was Bulbasaur I saw with a trainer, as well as a Charmeleon and a Wartortle.

I need help. :( I have been trying to make an adament totodile egg the past week and after 50 eggs I have had none. :( I have been looking for an adament ditto also, but I can't find one of those also. Any tips on getting one?

So I found out that it's much easier to cheat the pokewalker by shaking it gently between your thumb and index finger than it is to use your whole hand and just shake it wildly.

[quote name='Tech Star']I need help. :( I have been trying to make an adament totodile egg the past week and after 50 eggs I have had none. :( I have been looking for an adament ditto also, but I can't find one of those also. Any tips on getting one?[/QUOTE]

I can try and make you one, I made an Adamant Totodile, but I traded it to someone on the GTS. I have the adamant ditto so I shouldn't have a too much of a problem getting one. If you have something to trade. Doesn't have to be spectacular, though wouldn't mind something I don't have (which is a lot of basic pokemon, so almost anything should be ok).

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']I can try and make you one, I made an Adamant Totodile, but I traded it to someone on the GTS. I have the adamant ditto so I shouldn't have a too much of a problem getting one. If you have something to trade. Doesn't have to be spectacular, though wouldn't mind something I don't have (which is a lot of basic pokemon, so almost anything should be ok).[/QUOTE]

I have a Lvl. 19 Heracross, I think Lvl. 33 Donphan, and a 25 Glygar. If you don't like those, I can check what else I have that is over the level 20.

[quote name='paulcalypse']Both the deleter and re-learner are in Blackthorn City. Deleting is free, learning a move costs a heart scale, which can be found on the beautiful beach pokewalker course.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'm only just at the Safari Zone in terms of progress, but I just backtracked to train some lower level Pokémon I may want to use, while they catch some Unown for me. So yeah, not at Blackthorn yet.

[quote name='adriley313']Id trade for that Flying Pikachu, as i got two Flailing and one Sucky. At least it has Shock Wave.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']That's cool about the flying pokemon Utopian, I still haven't take off my current pokemon to try to get more surfing Pikachus. Yesterday I only was able to get one more. So if anyone has an extra flying Pikachu I'll trade ya a surfing Pikachu.

The Move guy appears around later in the game, so by the time you might already have learned another dragon move anyways. Though that is in the same town where the Move Tutor lives, and you could just have her teach your dragonair/dragonite Draco Meteor...though it is a special attack (as is Dragon Rage) there are other Dragon that are attack moves that would make more sense for a Dragonite (since it is an attacker). Though the most damaging attack dragon moves either have to go for 3 turns and leave you confuse, or have only a 75% chance in hitting.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I didn't find any !! Pikachus tonight. Caught 3 regular crappy Pikachus. Anyone know the point of the Mushrooms they have?

Thanks for the advice about the Move Deleter. Ryu was nice enough to trade me a Dratini with the name I wanted, so I'm a happy camper.

[quote name='adriley313']anyone have some starters to trade?[/QUOTE]

I have a bunch of male Totodiles. Some Chikoritas too. Not sure gender.

Also, I guess you could be talking about Starters from other games...

Meh, first time I tried to get Pikachus and I got 2 Surfing ones on my HG.

Gonna unload my watts on SS right now, hopefully it'll be Flying ones and not another day of more Surfers... I guess if you want a surfing one, I got some to trade :)

[quote name='Tech Star']I have a Lvl. 19 Heracross, I think Lvl. 33 Donphan, and a 25 Glygar. If you don't like those, I can check what else I have that is over the level 20.[/QUOTE]

Either of those work, I'm going to work on getting you one, I'll post when I get one, if you're up later maybe we can trade tonight if not tomorrow.

Most natures increase one stat by 10% and lower another by 10%. There are some that don't modify any stats.

The "best" one depends on what you want a certain PKMN to do. For instance, if it's a physical sweeper you probably want to get it the nature that inreases AtK and lower S. Atk. If you need a list of what nature does what, there's a lot of them floating around on the usual sites.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']15 totodiles later and I finally got that adamant one. So I finally have it now lol. My friend code is 2622 4806 5038[/QUOTE]

Added you. Mine is: 4426 3790 1473

Is it still in it's egg or is it hatched? Let me know by PM when you want to do this. :) Thanks again. :D

What nature is best usually depends on the moves and its role on your team.

Some Pokemon are more obvious than others. Take Heracross for example. It has a very high Attack. Almost all of the attacks it can learn are physical. So it having a stat that increases Special Attack is useless.

If you're just playing through the main quest, a beneficial nature is a nice bonus but not necessary.

Can I ask how the fuck do you catch Entei?

Ok seriously I got him to red health where one hit would kill him, he was under hypnosis and about 20 ultra balls later and multiple meetups, no luck in catching him, each time same conditions. :bomb:

[quote name='icedrake523']I've tried catching Raikou. He's broken out of the ball immediately after. Once it shook twice. I may just use a Master Ball.[/QUOTE]

When I was trying it shook 3 times twice and right before he could be caught he broke free.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Can I ask how the fuck do you catch Entei?

Ok seriously I got him to red health where one hit would kill him, he was under hypnosis and about 20 ultra balls later and multiple meetups, no luck in catching him, each time same conditions. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='icedrake523']I've tried catching Raikou. He's broken out of the ball immediately after. Once it shook twice. I may just use a Master Ball.[/QUOTE]

I've caught both using the quick ball.

[quote name='Tech Star']Added you. Mine is: 4426 3790 1473

Is it still in it's egg or is it hatched? Let me know by PM when you want to do this. :) Thanks again. :D[/QUOTE]

PM sent. Now I have a ton of Totodiles if anyone is interested, can't say that some of the natures are beneficial, but if you just want one to fill your pokedex I'll trade. I'll take mostly any pokemon as long as I don't have him in my pokedex. Usually a bunch of bug types, I only have about 90 pokemon so there is definitely a large amount there that I need.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Can I ask how the fuck do you catch Entei?

Ok seriously I got him to red health where one hit would kill him, he was under hypnosis and about 20 ultra balls later and multiple meetups, no luck in catching him, each time same conditions. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Try using Dark Balls at night, That's how I caught Raikou, Ho-Oh, and Entei. on the former two, it only took one dark ball. Took a couple of dark balls to catch Entei.

Hey if you guys have starters, please let me know.
I need Totidile and Cyndaquil. Amd any other starters that you may have.
Prefer the pokemon since it will get an exp share stat for evovling.

I have lots of pokemon up for trade.
Including
Chikorita
Charmander
Feebas
Bublasaur

Took me a bit to find it but here you go.
Natures-http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml

Hey this may sound stupid but I am kinda stupid when it comes to Pokemon games . If I go and buy the HG edition will I be able to trade w/ others with SS ? Because the user above me has a signature with a friend code for Soul Silver , it is just a little confusing . Thanks in advance

I have Feraligatr, cyndaquil, blaziken, swampert, treeko, empoleon, torterra, and blastoise. I have dittos I can breed them with to produce eggs so if anyone here wants one of those pokemon I can breed one for you.

Yes doodofoods, can i get one of all of those.
If you need any Pokemon let me know and i will try my best to get it for you.

I have Charmander and Bublasaur to trade among others.

ok i have all four except i dont have a chimchar sori
hit me upin about an hour or so and we can trade or anytime after that.

thx a bunch

Anyone got a Adamant pokemon that knows Synchronize? I got a Synchronize pokemon thats modest and jolly. If not I just need to borrow it really quick

Btw, anyone know if you nuke the data/start a new game, do you lose your Wonder Card/Mystery Gifts?

Like, if I overwrite my save and start a new one, will my Yellow Forest still be there? (concerns obviously after the event is over)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Btw, anyone know if you nuke the data/start a new game, do you lose your Wonder Card/Mystery Gifts?

Like, if I overwrite my save and start a new one, will my Yellow Forest still be there? (concerns obviously after the event is over)[/QUOTE]

They won't it's a whole new game. My wife restarted her game because she didn't like how her team looked so she restarted. Of course you also have to reset the pokewalker to be eligible with the new game data. She had to redownload the yellow forest. So after the event is over you're SOL until someone makes it available through some program you download online or something of the sort (like the program someone here posted to be able to get prior event pokemon)

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']They won't it's a whole new game. My wife restarted her game because she didn't like how her team looked so she restarted. Of course you also have to reset the pokewalker to be eligible with the new game data. She had to redownload the yellow forest. So after the event is over you're SOL until someone makes it available through some program you download online or something of the sort (like the program someone here posted to be able to get prior event pokemon)[/QUOTE]

....what program is that? Kinda curious, since I missed a few + my Arceus' IVs blow so hard.

I wanna restart since I hate the name I gave my character >.

I just found out about the masuda method, so I'm going to start catching ditto's in my japanese diamond game. I'll be trading those if anyone wants one.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I just found out about the masuda method, so I'm going to start catching ditto's in my japanese diamond game. I'll be trading those if anyone wants one.[/QUOTE]

I would love to get one. I got some egg move pokemon for trade

[quote name='Kissfuldreamer']Whats the masuda method?[/QUOTE]

You breed 2 PKMN from different regions (i.e. US HG w/ a JP SS) and the chance to get a shiny increases from 1 in 8K to 1 in 2K.... yeah.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']....what program is that? Kinda curious, since I missed a few + my Arceus' IVs blow so hard.

I wanna restart since I hate the name I gave my character >.

I have a JPN diamond but Ill trade for shinys, i wont go and breed like crazy to get one.
May import one just on the of chance that it is shiny.

Looking for starters and Pokemon to complete my pokdex now.
Good thing I have my Pokemon Emerald still to help out.
Got a BAgon, now its time to look for a Beldum.

bread's done
Back