Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

Anyone have a ny Nintendo codes shoot them my way if you dont want them.

My pokedex is now at 189.
Working on my Shiny Ralts now.

In your copy of Ds games there is the this lil pamplet that has a pin code on it.
Its for points on Club Nintendo. If you guys dont have an account and arent gonna use them and dont mind giving them awaya Id take them off your hands for you.

So I went to urgent care this morning to be diagnosed with a sprained ankle. My hubby wants me to stay off my feet as much as possible. I guess that means more quality time with my Pokémon.

[quote name='nekobi']Haha!
Pokewalker + doggie backpack = Win! :D

At least for the time i'm at home, otherwise he sleeps and gets me no watts. :D[/QUOTE]

My walker goes with both my wife and I when we go out running. 12,000+ steps a day is rather easy with two people! ;) Hell, last Saturday I got over 20,000 steps!

[quote name='utopianmachine']So I went to urgent care this morning to be diagnosed with a sprained ankle. My hubby wants me to stay off my feet as much as possible. I guess that means more quality time with my Pokémon.[/QUOTE]

Your Pokewalker is screwed though. =)

One of my Pokes got Pokerus last night! The Professor even calls you after it happens to explain that it does nothing, which is a LIE!

Now I don't have to trade for an infected Poke. I can store this poke in my PC until I'm ready to EV train, which I've never done before, but want to try.

[quote name='Puffa469']Your Pokewalker is screwed though. =)

One of my Pokes got Pokerus last night! The Professor even calls you after it happens to explain that it does nothing, which is a LIE! [/QUOTE]

Actually, I posted yesterday that I lost my Pokéwalker.

Aw, see I had that happen, but I was confused because there was nothing visually different about my Pokémon to make me think I had Pokérus after all. How do you tell which has it?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Actually, I posted yesterday that I lost my Pokéwalker.

Aw, see I had that happen, but I was confused because there was nothing visually different about my Pokémon to make me think I had Pokérus after all. How do you tell which has it?[/QUOTE]
Under summary it will say 'PKRS' in a purple bar next to their name if they currently have it.

pokerus-besmet.JPG

If they had it and no longer are infected then they have a little face icon next to their sprite.
pokerus7b.png

(not my images btw)

It's best to keep at least one in your storage box at all times so you never lose the virus. ;D

If anyone needs the pokerus, then i can try and get some of my poke infected and trade them.

Im sori to hear UTop. At least your pokemon can enjoy ur company.
If you wanna trade or battle then hit me up.
Hope you feel better and heal fast.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Actually, I posted yesterday that I lost my Pokéwalker.

Aw, see I had that happen, but I was confused because there was nothing visually different about my Pokémon to make me think I had Pokérus after all. How do you tell which has it?[/QUOTE]

Thats right. =( I hope it turns up!

In addition to what Nekobi showed about the summary, the infected Poke will have a little sad face next to its picture, on the bottom right side. When the Pokerus runs it's course, I think the little icon turns to a smiley face, so you know the poke already had it. Once cured, a Poke can never get it again.

Question for the experts: To spread Pokerus, I need to have an infected Poke in my party, and a never infected before poke directly to the left or right side of the Pokerus poke, and then have a battle?

After a battle will the pokerus spread 100% certain, or do I have to keep battling until it spreads?

I want to infect a few more Pokes and stick em in the PC just to be safe.

Just get some filler pokemon and infect them
just place them in your party and go do some battles in the wild
there's no set time on how long it takes
but I usually keep the infected one in the middle so it spreads evenly and faster
good luck

I just downloaded the Yellow Forest. It's wicked neat. I hope to get the Pikachu that knows fly :) just for funzies. I can't believe how much fun and addicting this game is though. Though I think most of my enjoyment is coming from nostalgia. Either way, this definitely falls into my handheld game of the year, if not into my over-all game of the year category.

I've got some questions for you pro's out there if you guys don't mind helping me out.

Is Umbreon with using? I've honestly never used a Dark type before. I've read that it has "crappy" stats, but is a good stalling Pokemon. I've never used any of the new forms of Eevee before either and I've got a ton of Eevee eggs that I'm working on hatching and evolving. I've got an Espeon right now and am not sure how to kit him out yet either. Any tips?

Can Magby breed with Ditto? Or do I need to evolve him first?

What stone evolves Togetic?

Lastly (for now) Suicune doesn't show up on my map! Does he appear after I catch Raikouo and Enti? (Forgive the spelling errors in their names :lol:)

[quote name='Ahadi']I just downloaded the Yellow Forest. It's wicked neat. I hope to get the Pikachu that knows fly :) just for funzies. I can't believe how much fun and addicting this game is though. Though I think most of my enjoyment is coming from nostalgia. Either way, this definitely falls into my handheld game of the year, if not into my over-all game of the year category.

I've got some questions for you pro's out there if you guys don't mind helping me out.

Is Umbreon with using? I've honestly never used a Dark type before. I've read that it has "crappy" stats, but is a good stalling Pokemon. I've never used any of the new forms of Eevee before either and I've got a ton of Eevee eggs that I'm working on hatching and evolving. I've got an Espeon right now and am not sure how to kit him out yet either. Any tips?

Can Magby breed with Ditto? Or do I need to evolve him first?

What stone evolves Togetic?

Lastly (for now) Suicune doesn't show up on my map! Does he appear after I catch Raikouo and Enti? (Forgive the spelling errors in their names :lol:)[/QUOTE]

In the main quest, you can use whatever Pokemon you want. Umbreon is pretty good since it has really high defenses.

You have to evolve Magby to breed it since it's a baby Pokemon.

You need a Dawn Stone to evolve Togetic into Togekiss.

Suicune doesn't roam in Johto like Raikou and Entei. You'll encounter it in Kanto north of Cerulean City by Bill's House. It won't run away.

If you wanna trick ur Espeon, here's mine which is sweet.
Psychic Level Up/TM
Shadow Ball TM
Signal Beam Move Tutor in Battle Frontier
Toxic TM

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ahadi']

I've never used any of the new forms of Eevee before either and I've got a ton of Eevee eggs that I'm working on hatching and evolving. I've got an Espeon right now and am not sure how to kit him out yet either. Any tips?

Lastly (for now) Suicune doesn't show up on my map! Does he appear after I catch Raikouo and Entei? (Forgive the spelling errors in their names :lol:)[/QUOTE]

For full info on how to catch Suicune, follow this link.
http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/legends.shtml

As for the Eevee, if you happen to get an few Adamant ones Id be happy to trade you. If you have questions on Eevee forms just PM me and I can help you out.

Also to spped up your hatching keep a p[okemon with Flame Body in your team like Magmar or Magby.

[quote name='icedrake523']You need a Dawn Stone to evolve Togetic into Togekiss.[/QUOTE]

How do you get the Dawn Stone?

Also, will the game let you evolve a Pokemon that isn't listed in it's Pokedex? Or will is just show up as ??? for it's number?

[quote name='utopianmachine']How do you get the Dawn Stone?

Also, will the game let you evolve a Pokemon that isn't listed in it's Pokedex? Or will is just show up as ??? for it's number?[/QUOTE]
Today I found a Dawn Stone on Mt. Silver! That's where you can get it...
Yes it will let you evolve it.

You can also find Dawn Stone at the PokeDome on certain days for enough points and at The F'ed Bug Contest for first place.

[quote name='adriley313']PokeRus is found randomly like Shinys are.
It boosts stats for a short period of time.[/QUOTE]
It's effects are actually indefinite on a Pokémon. It doubles the amount of EV points earned when battling. Thus, the stats will increase at a slightly faster rate at each level-up. The only thing that happens over a short period of time is whether or not it can spread.

Ugh been trying to get a surfing pikachu at 9500 steps and nothing!

12000 steps- nothing!!

So I been researching about catching a surfing pikachu and that once you get 10000 steps, you have to transfer your pokemon back to the game and get more watts?

[quote name='adriley313']Any have any starters to Trade like Totodile and other from the different regions[/QUOTE]

I have a ton of random ones still in eggs. You have Chicorrita or Bulbasor/Squirtile? I am looking for those starters.

I tried the Pikachu thing today AGAIN...had over 10K steps AGAIN and I got 0 "!!' and 0 "!!!". :( All of them were "!" and I wasted a ton of watts on the Pikachus. :( Any help or tricks to get the flying or surfing pikachu?

Gonna post this in here since I don't know if anyone else looks at the event thread. Anyway, does anyone have a Pikachu colored Pichu for trade? I completely forgot about the event. Also still looking for a Shaymin.

I have a bunch of Pokemon for trade. Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, starters, Pokerus, master balls, etc. Lemme know if you're looking for something particular in return and I can check if I have it on one of my games.

-I have a ton of random ones still in eggs. You have Chicorrita or Bulbasor/Squirtile? I am looking for those starters.

I have Chikorita and Bulbasaur for trade.
Hit me up when you wanna trade

-Gonna post this in here since I don't know if anyone else looks at the event thread. Anyway, does anyone have a Pikachu colored Pichu for trade? I completely forgot about the event. Also still looking for a Shaymin.

I dont wanna trade him but I can loan him to you so you can get your Spike-Eard Pichu and then you can trade him back.

Why the hell do they FORCE you to faint/catch Lugia in the main story?

I have no PKMN except Darkrai that has Hypnosis, and his stupid ability damages any sleeping opponent so I can't even reapply sleep when it falls off.

I keep getting these terrible Natures and IVs :'(

I know I can come back after the E4, I don't want to though.

Guess who found her pokewalker this morning!!!!!!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

It had fallen under the seat in my car. On a whim, I went and searched my car this morning. You couldn't even see it under the seat, as the black side was up. I was just feeling around, and yay, I felt it. Happy happy!

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Why the hell do they FORCE you to faint/catch Lugia in the main story[/QUOTE] That's pretty much always has been a part of the game once they introduced these legendaries. I mean same thing happened with Palkia/Dialga and Giratina (Platinum). I think same thing with Kyogre/Groudon. I always save prior to one of those battles and even without sleep or anything eventually one fight goes my way. Sometimes even capturing one with a regular pokeball...after many of course.

Also, to anyone interested I have a ton of Totodile. I'll take any regular pokemon (hopefully something I don't have). I wouldn't mind having starters from Diamond/Pearl or Ruby/Sapphire. Just send me a PM. Usually I'm available after about 8 p.m. just been preoccupied with some work the last few days.

I do have about 2 Surfing Pikachus to trade. One lonely and one timid. I'd like to trade for a Flying Pikachu. If no one has an extra Flying Pikachu I'll trade you a Surfing PIkachu and a Flail or Volt Tackle Pikachu for two pokemon I don't have. I'm missing quite a few, especially bug types so PM me if interested. I'll trade with whoever asked first (unless one offer is a Flying Pikachu).

Don't give up on the pokewalker. It is hard to get these Pikachu, but it is possible. I have gotten Surfing Pikachus as soon as I get a little over 10000 and sometimes none until 13000. I've seen only about 2 !!! and one was obtained a little over 10000 but mostly I get just !. It doesn't work much, but I do see it at least my chances increase of being able to get a !! is if you alternate directions to the exclamation mark. Say the third patch has an exclamation mark, go to it, then there is another one to the right of it, go the opposite direction that you went to the first patch.

It might just be all in my head, but I did see an increase in some occasions, so hey, worth a try and if it seems to work with people, then that's great.

I personally would not use any watts to find pokemon until 10000. Even though Flying Pikachu only needs 9500 steps you don't know which PIkachu you have until you transfer them. If you use ground, electric or grass it is supposed to cut your steps by 25%...I still would wait until 10000. Just because they are such a hassle to get.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Guess who found her pokewalker this morning!!!!!!!! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

It had fallen under the seat in my car. On a whim, I went and searched my car this morning. You couldn't even see it under the seat, as the black side was up. I was just feeling around, and yay, I felt it. Happy happy![/QUOTE]

Awesome! :) still rest that leg!

So I just picked up Gold yesterday and am enjoying it a bit. It's been quite a while, since I was a kid, since I've played a Pokemon game. Just about to go fight at the first gym.

Yesterday I had around 27k steps, saw 0 !!!, and ended up with 1 flying and 1 surfing pikachu. Of course the surfing pikachu is a careful nature, which is one of the worst natures it can have. The difficulty in acquiring them is way too high for me, so after that last batch I am done with yellow forest. Those amount of steps could have got me a ton of shards from Night Skys Edge.

[quote name='paulcalypse']Today I found a Dawn Stone on Mt. Silver! That's where you can get it...
Yes it will let you evolve it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Considering I'm only using the crappy Johto SoulSilver guide, I didn't remember that Togetic evolves. I hope the Kanto guide fleshes things out.

[quote name='adriley313']You can also find Dawn Stone at the PokeDome on certain days for enough points and at The F'ed Bug Contest for first place.[/QUOTE]

Nice. Haven't been back to the Pokeathalon since the first time I visited. Definitely have to check it out agian.

[quote name='adriley313']Any have any starters to Trade like Totodile and other from the different regions[/QUOTE]

If you still need starters, I have Totodile and Chikorita level 1s. I'll probably raise my Charmander and Bulbasaur to level 10 and breed them today, if you want those.

[quote name='david12795']So I been researching about catching a surfing pikachu and that once you get 10000 steps, you have to transfer your pokemon back to the game and get more watts?[/QUOTE]

You don't have to transfer the Pokémon back to the DS to get more watts. If you're trying to save a bunch to catch a Surfing or Flying Pikachu, the Pokéwalker will hold onto your watts for you. I think there's something like a 7 day memory in the Pokéwalker.

I only transfer Pokémon back to the walker when I have no watts left or have caught everything I want in a certain area, or if I have 3 Pokémon and 3 items caught, and therefore, my transferable inventory is full.

Anyone know if you can delete things you've found/caught? Like, say I found a Potion, then later found something cooler -- could I erase the Potion?

[quote name='craven_fiend']So I just picked up Gold yesterday and am enjoying it a bit. It's been quite a while, since I was a kid, since I've played a Pokemon game. Just about to go fight at the first gym.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back to the world of Pokémon. It's remained one of my favorite games since the GBC days. We're pretty active on this board, and there's plenty of folks willing to help you get other Pokémon you may be wanting.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Yesterday I had around 27k steps, saw 0 !!!, and ended up with 1 flying and 1 surfing pikachu. Of course the surfing pikachu is a careful nature, which is one of the worst natures it can have. The difficulty in acquiring them is way too high for me, so after that last batch I am done with yellow forest. Those amount of steps could have got me a ton of shards from Night Skys Edge.[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. Considering I don't even play to use the Surfing or Flying Pikachu, it becomes kind of pointless.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Kangaskhan looks hilarious in the Pokéwalker, namely in the Suburban Area. Like Godzilla attacking the poor town. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Haha

Haha about Kang!!!

1. Id like to trade for that a Surf or Fly Pikachu. If you help me import some pokemon from my Diamond I can get most of the starters. Then when I breed them I can give you you some Level 1s. I have a lot of BUG pokemon. Im even gonna breed my wicked awesome Yanmega till i get a Modest Yamna with all the moves I taught It

2. After the first time in the Yellow Forest I am so down with it. I can just trade for one since I dont plan to have them in my line-up. More as a collector. Did get a bunch of Light Balls which I was happy about.

3. Im happy you found your PokeWalker, I would hate if I lost mine.

4. Still looking for Starters if anyone wants to trade.

Just discovered this thread!

I remember the good old days with my Pokemon Red; I went to KB Toys to grab a copy. I normally prefer the color blue over red, but who can pass up Charizard?
Got out of the Pokemon scene, then got right back into it when the Darkrai (TRU event) came out.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see how much Pokemon evolved (pun intended). I really like the different natures/IV's/breeding etc, and started playing Diamond/Platinum/Emerald/Red Ruby and loaded up on a whole bunch of Soft-Resetted Legendaries/Event Pokemon. The delivery man at the Pokemart still has a bunch more waiting for me.

I'm up to the 7th gym. I want to beat the game, then start to SR for legendaries/unique in-game Pokemon. I need to download Yellow Forest!

[quote name='Ryukahn']Yesterday I had around 27k steps, saw 0 !!!, and ended up with 1 flying and 1 surfing pikachu. Of course the surfing pikachu is a careful nature, which is one of the worst natures it can have. The difficulty in acquiring them is way too high for me, so after that last batch I am done with yellow forest. Those amount of steps could have got me a ton of shards from Night Skys Edge.[/QUOTE]

To contrast this, so far in Night Sky's Edge, I have seen the following in only 6700 steps:

6 Clefairy (caught 4)
4 !!!
lots of shards
moonstone
7+ Star Pieces

Clearly, Yellow Forest is rigged to be a PITA :roll:

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']So far in your own opinions , what has been the best route to take using the Pokewlkr ??[/QUOTE]

It all depends on what you want. I value the items far more than the pokemon, so I use Beautiful Beach for Heart Scales and Night Sky's Edge for the shards.

I found a TM in the Pokewalker yesterday. I forget the move # right now.

I also caught a Smoochum in the Pokewalker, which I've never seen before.

I need to setup my new DS to connect to my neighbors wireless network so I can get that Yellow road and catch me some Pikachu's.

[quote name='utopianmachine']You don't have to transfer the Pokémon back to the DS to get more watts. If you're trying to save a bunch to catch a Surfing or Flying Pikachu, the Pokéwalker will hold onto your watts for you. I think there's something like a 7 day memory in the Pokéwalker.

I only transfer Pokémon back to the walker when I have no watts left or have caught everything I want in a certain area, or if I have 3 Pokémon and 3 items caught, and therefore, my transferable inventory is full.

Anyone know if you can delete things you've found/caught? Like, say I found a Potion, then later found something cooler -- could I erase the Potion?
[/QUOTE]

Not true on the saving watts. There are two options on the pokewalker, return from stroll or receive gifts. If you return from stroll, the pokemon, watts, items and any pokemon obtained in your walk will go to your DS game.

If you choose receive gifts the pokemon will stay, but the watts, items and any pokemon obtained in the walk go to the DS game.

The only advantage of keeping a pokemon in the pokewalker is if you know which 3 from each group you obtained and you want that. For example you know that Surfing Pikachu is in group A, so you decide that you want to keep your current pokemon in. This will make it so you will run into Surfing Pikachu and not Flying Pikachu. If you want to take your chances for another group, then exchange pokemon or just put your pokemon in the game and back to a stroll.

I think Ryu mentioned he got a Flying and Surfing Pikachu, but one of them would have to be from another stroll. There can only be one pokemon from each group, and both of those are group A.

Also if you do run into a better item or pokemon you are able to replace the item. It will show the pictures of either three gifts or three pokeballs. You just have to remember which one is which and then replace it with the new item.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']I think Ryu mentioned he got a Flying and Surfing Pikachu, but one of them would have to be from another stroll. There can only be one pokemon from each group, and both of those are group A.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got the Flying Pikachu first, and immediately returned from stroll to try and get the Surfing Pikachu. I have no interest in the flying one, so didn't even bother to check the nature on it. The other Pikachu, with surf and thunderbolt, combined with the Light Ball hold item would make a very fine addition to my team, which is why I wanted that one. Certainly don't feel like wasting all of those watts and time though.

Yeah, I hear ya, I still don't have a flying pikachu, but I think I'll just wait and trade someone for it. I just want one to have one, that's all, so I don't care about nature.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']If you choose receive gifts the pokemon will stay, but the watts, items and any pokemon obtained in the walk go to the DS game.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for that info. I had no idea!

[quote name='Tech Star']Anyone have any tips on getting the !! or the !!! to show up in the patches. I am still getting !. :([/QUOTE]

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the number of ! correlates to the number of watts you obtained.

[quote name='Tech Star']Anyone have any tips on getting the !! or the !!! to show up in the patches. I am still getting !. :([/QUOTE]

Like Mario says below, normally it depends on the number of steps. If you're suffering in Yellow Forest like the rest of us, it seems it's just really, really rare to get !! or !!!, regardless of steps.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but the number of ! correlates to the number of watts you obtained.[/QUOTE]

What does the watts do in the ds anyway ?

oh and i heard you're supposed to transfer your watts to the DS when you get 10000+ steps in order to get a surfing pikachu. is that true?

bread's done
Back