Official Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver thread of 10 year nostalgia rush

I was just looking at some of the pokemon I have and noticed that the Charmeleon I got from the GTS (requested) was apparently met at lvl 12 and was shiny heh heh.

I have a Linoone at Lv 100 from Platinum that i raised and rare candied to get him high for cool items. But hes what i feel is a very under used pokemon.

Another great Hm Slave is Lugia and Latios/Latias as they both can learn Surf/Fly which are the 2 main HMs you need. Leaves 2 slots to make them a part of you main team.

But I tend to have a few Hm slaves since i beat the game and dont need them as much except when Im in caves. Then I pull out Linoone.

Linoone- Pickup- Great for getting Rare Candys, Stones and TMs HM-Cut, Strength, Surf, Whirpool, Rock Smash
Heedbutt- Searching for Pokemon
Covet- Stealing items from Pokemon like Heart Scales from Luvdisc when swarming

Can easily be caught on Wednesday with Radio or ask me for one. Ill breed some good ones for you.

Doodo-:applause::applause::applause:
For stealing their shiny pokemon.
I hate them that tease you with their pokemon.
Rock on dude.

Imagine how pissed they are when the go into the GTS and a pokeball starts falling. EPIC FAIL

Last edited by a moderator:
HOLY SHIT! I just hatched a shiny Murkrow. All I was doing is trying to breed some moves to Murkrow and the first one was shiny. Nature I wanted, move I wanted...but not the ability I wanted. I got insomnia...still this is my first natural shiny I have gotten :D

[quote name='adriley313']Doodo-:applause::applause::applause:
For stealing their shiny pokemon.
I hate them that tease you with their pokemon.
Rock on dude.

Imagine how pissed they are when the go into the GTS and a pokeball starts falling. EPIC FAIL[/QUOTE]
I really think this is hilarious, but if it makes you feel less guilty to know...
I think the cloning bug basically makes it so when you put the pokemon on the GTS, you still have one in your party. So these kids still have their pokemon they were trying to clone, they just don't get the second one back when they go back to the GTS. Correct me if I'm wrong. I wish I had an AR so I could do this to these annoying people on there.

[quote name='adriley313']Pickup- Great for getting Rare Candys, Stones,,,[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

As far as the Pickup ability goes, do you need to use the Pokémon in battle for Pickup to work, or does it just automatically pick stuff up without being in battle?

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']HOLY SHIT! I just hatched a shiny Murkrow. All I was doing is trying to breed some moves to Murkrow and the first one was shiny.[/QUOTE]

Nice! When it's born a shiny, does it show that when it comes out of the egg? Like, it explodes from the egg to a burst of stars?

That does make me feel a little better, since I did realize that it was possible that I was stealing from little kids on the GTS. I remember when I was a kid playing the original G&S games, I was cloning my pokemon too. Can't hold it against them for wanting duplicates of their best pokemon.

With that said, I'm a shifty dood. I'm the guy that takes all the loot in MMO parties even if I don't need it, I'm the guy that stole your red boxes when you dropped them in PSO, and I'm the guy that takes your rare pokemon when you upload them to the GTS asking for level 9 or under Charizards.

Switched to Golduck tonight for my new HM Slave. Since Krabby couldn't learn Whirlpool, he was booted out.

Finally made it to Indigo League. Tomorrow I'll try to take on the Elite Four.

[quote name='Rig']Can you receive a female starter Pokemon?

I want a female Totodile...popped the game in last night and tried five or six tries to get a female. But, it kept giving me a male. Does the gender of your character affect which gender the starters are? (I only tried a Male protagonist.)[/QUOTE]

I got lucky. I have a female starter Cyndaquil.

[quote name='utopianmachine']As far as the Pickup ability goes, do you need to use the Pokémon in battle for Pickup to work, or does it just automatically pick stuff up without being in battle?

Nice! When it's born a shiny, does it show that when it comes out of the egg? Like, it explodes from the egg to a burst of stars?[/QUOTE]

To be completely I didn't notice lol. I saw that the part that said "Oh!" so I went through the motions while watching tv, when I went down to see what had hatched I thought the screen was wrong, cause the color didn't seem it's normal color I mean after all, I was definitely not expecting a shiny.

I told my wife and she said it doesn't give off the burst of stars, but I think she is just going off what she has read. At least you know you do have a shiny at the time it is born and not having to go see your party.

I didn't know about the ability, I knew the father passed on the nature, which is why I was able to get Adamant, the other eggs that hatched after some had the ability I wanted, but being my actual first shiny (besides Garados) I think I'll hang out to it :D

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']To be completely I didn't notice lol. I saw that the part that said "Oh!" so I went through the motions while watching tv, when I went down to see what had hatched I thought the screen was wrong, cause the color didn't seem it's normal color I mean after all, I was definitely not expecting a shiny.[/QUOTE]

That's really cool. Congrats! I'm using a foreign Ditto in the hopes that one day I'll get a Shiny from an egg.

Congrats D4R

I need to look for a foreign Ditto cause i dont know how to trade with my diamond copy.
Does any know how.

Uto- Just have the pokemon in your party. And after battles he pciks stuff up. Just remember to take it from him or he wont pick anything else up.
Great to have on your team when ur grinding with 2 or 3 pokemon.

Look at this cool pic i found that I thought wa funny a hell.
4db22d5f.jpg

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']To be completely I didn't notice lol. I saw that the part that said "Oh!" so I went through the motions while watching tv, when I went down to see what had hatched I thought the screen was wrong, cause the color didn't seem it's normal color I mean after all, I was definitely not expecting a shiny.

I told my wife and she said it doesn't give off the burst of stars, but I think she is just going off what she has read. At least you know you do have a shiny at the time it is born and not having to go see your party.

I didn't know about the ability, I knew the father passed on the nature, which is why I was able to get Adamant, the other eggs that hatched after some had the ability I wanted, but being my actual first shiny (besides Garados) I think I'll hang out to it :D[/QUOTE]

Congrats!
I'm breeding for an Adamant BellyZard; I don't expect any shinies but hey I won't complain if one pops up!

The father passes on egg moves, and the mother passes on Nature (50% of the time when it's holding an Everstone).

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']Congrats!
I'm breeding for an Adamant BellyZard; I don't expect any shinies but hey I won't complain if one pops up!

The father passes on egg moves, and the mother passes on Nature (50% of the time when it's holding an Everstone).[/QUOTE]

Actually, in HG/SS, the father can pass on the nature too.

[quote name='adriley313']Uto- Just have the pokemon in your party. And after battles he pciks stuff up. Just remember to take it from him or he wont pick anything else up.
Great to have on your team when ur grinding with 2 or 3 pokemon.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thanks!

Tried to defeat the Elite Four today. Karen's Houndoom slayed me at the final match. Gonna grind a lot, get my Pokémon up to level 50 or so, then try again.

go upstairs in the pokemon center and talk to the middle nurse joy. you can do a local trade and trade your japanese ditto's over to your American games.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Actually, in HG/SS, the father can pass on the nature too.[/QUOTE]

I had no idea!
Thanks for clearing it up.
I can give the Everstone to either parent, and there would be a 50% chance of their nature passing down?
Are there any other differences in HG/SS?
I was spending too much time breeding for a good mother, but now it looks like the mother's become less important.

[quote name='craven_fiend']So what does the star on next to the Pokemon mean, when looking at it's summary? I've got a few, two from trading and one is the Red Gyrados.[/QUOTE]

That means that it's a shiny Pokemon.
It's really rare; you encounter a random shiny (wild encounter, legendary encounter, breed) with a probability of 1/8192.
The color should look different, besides that there are no other differences.

Congrats!

[quote name='adriley313']It means its shiny.
Ull notice the coloring is different.
Lucky you[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']That means that it's a shiny Pokemon.
It's really rare; you encounter a random shiny (wild encounter, legendary encounter, breed) with a probability of 1/8192.
The color should look different, besides that there are no other differences.

Congrats![/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was just looking through my Pokemon boxes and saw that. Nice to know the shiny one I got was the Red Gyrados. I got a Shiny Milotic and Latias with all the Pokemon that I got from someone the other day. I think it was Kay.

How would you guys feel about starting our own CAG pokemon League with Gyms and Elite four. We CAGs would be gym leaders and people would battle you to win gym badges and prizes of the gym leaders choices.

What do you guys think?
I would host.

Sounds cool, and it would force people who want those positions to build themed teams, which would be different.

[quote name='adriley313']I have only one ds so i cant do that[/QUOTE]

Cant you put a Poke from Diamond on GTS with some ridiculous trade condition, and then quickly load up HG/SS and go look for and trade for it?

I'm not sure how easy it is to search and find one specific poke.

[quote name='ItsAMeAMario']I had no idea!
Thanks for clearing it up.
I can give the Everstone to either parent, and there would be a 50% chance of their nature passing down?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is correct. It is a new feature for HG/SS. Not sure what else they changed, but I was really happy to learn about males passing on natures.

[quote name='adriley313']Check this website out.
You can build ur own pokemon trainer.
Pretty cool

http://fav.me/d22oh1n[/QUOTE]

Very cute.

My husband I were talking this evening, and I asked him, "If you could live in any video game world, what would it be?"

He said Sid Meyer's Pirates.

I said Pokémon. :D

[quote name='utopianmachine']Very cute.

My husband I were talking this evening, and I asked him, "If you could live in any video game world, what would it be?"

He said Sid Meyer's Pirates.

I said Pokémon. :D[/QUOTE]

i was talking with a gamestop employee and said that if i could combine any game, it'd be pokemon and god of war ^^

but i too would live in the world of pokemon. it'd bea wesome!!!!

Finally got my Surfing Pikachu last night. I'm finally done getting everything from Yellow Forest so I can finally move on to other routes for the Pokewalker.

[quote name='adriley313']
Look at this cool pic i found that I thought wa funny a hell.
[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Finally got my Surfing Pikachu last night. I'm finally done getting everything from Yellow Forest so I can finally move on to other routes for the Pokewalker.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, may I ask how long it took you to get a flying or surfing pikachu?
It took me a while just to get a volt tackle one, lol.

In easy way to catch them frag.
Get a hi lv pokemon that knows sleep.
That's it. It seems you need a better pkmn hp
so just put him to sleep and get the best one you can.

Also great way to fill ur pokedex. Just remember not to switch pokemon.

[quote name='adriley313']In easy way to catch them frag.
Get a hi lv pokemon that knows sleep.
That's it. It seems you need a better pkmn hp
so just put him to sleep and get the best one you can.

Also great way to fill ur pokedex. Just remember not to switch pokemon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a bunch. My lvl 36 gengar will do fine for next time :D.

[quote name='donteatsoap7']

Awesome, may I ask how long it took you to get a flying or surfing pikachu?
It took me a while just to get a volt tackle one, lol.[/QUOTE]

I got a flyer shortly after Yellow Forest released. The Surfer took me quite a while to get though. At least a few hundred tries to get both of them.

I've been lucky with the bug contests. I seem to win most of the time. I just keep on throwing a ball until it catches them. Don't use any attacks either.

Also, I think someone was looking for a Scyther with Technician. I happen to have one, but want to breed to make sure I can pass the trait along

[quote name='craven_fiend']I've been lucky with the bug contests. I seem to win most of the time. I just keep on throwing a ball until it catches them. Don't use any attacks either.[/QUOTE]

This is all I do as well once I find a Scyther or Pinsir, and I win every time. Of course, all I keep getting is a Sun Stone for winning, so that kind of sucks. Not sure if there is some pre-determined way of getting a certain stone.

Took a break from Pokémon for the day and played Beautiful Katamari on the 360. Not quite the same game. ;)

I'll probably level grind my team this evening.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Took a break from Pokémon for the day and played Beautiful Katamari on the 360. Not quite the same game. ;)

I'll probably level grind my team this evening.[/QUOTE]

Been working my Mew from Kay up. Started at level 5 and now at about 25. I think the Jirachi is next. Just working up Pokemon and trying to get opposite sexes to breed. I did luck out and get a Bulbasaur that I breed with a Ditto to produce an offspring that already had Cut and Strength out of the egg.

Took a break from pokemon but im gonna raise and breed some pokemon 2moro
Sacred 2 and psn games are so fun.

Tonite is Stouffers Lasagna and Avatar Blu Ray.
YAAAAAAA

[quote name='utopianmachine']That was the greatest thing I've seen all day. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I agree, that video was awesome and so true.
Would have been funny if they said black and white come out next year.

Steal from mom

[quote name='craven_fiend']

Also, I think someone was looking for a Scyther with Technician. I happen to have one, but want to breed to make sure I can pass the trait along[/QUOTE]

That was me. I got one from GTS. Thanks though.

bread's done
Back