Official San Francisco Bay Area CAG List

LeafPanda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Since the Southern CA Thread is up, I figured it might be a good idea to post a thread for the locals of the Bay Area. Maybe we can do some face-to-face trades, make posts of inventory in various local stores, post any local sales, etc.

Send me a PM and I will put your name on the list below (PM's are easier for me to keep track of everyone). I will send you a confirmation when I put your name on the list.:

Those that currently reside in the bay area
Xevious- Berkeley, CA
Freshwillis - Oakland, CA
trytej- Novato, CA
Murcielago77 - Novato, CA
62t - Hayward
dino3333- San Leandro
Oktoberfest- South San Jose
Over easy- Davis, CA
Kayday - Oakland
judyjudyjudy - San Jose
vietgurl- Berkeley
PaP3rKuT -Oakland
SOSTrooper - Berkeley
XCutioner93 - Daly City
vdawg5 -San Francisco (Frequents Berkeley)
simgizshad - San Jose
soulyogurt- San Rafael (Works in Vallejo)
humidore- San Mateo
Viperx116 - San Francisco
invinceable104 - San Francisco, CA
HERETOSTAY - Hayward
CouRageouS - Alameda
Orga- San Jose
kristianator- Santa Rosa
BrerDan - San Jose
rudeboie - San Jose
dieless - Castro Valley
woolsey11 - Santa Rosa
BaZoOKajOe - San Jose
ajaxmojo - Campbell (works in Sunnyvale)
dude2003 - Oakland
Andrigaar- San Francisco/Martinez
oxidative- Napa (works in Vallejo)
praystation - Daly City
whiteboy - San Bruno
Larson - San Jose
j-fever - Sunnyvale
Missingdata- San Francisco (goes to school in San Jose)
beguile - Davis (Visits San Francisco during the weekends)
Rusty Ghia - Pleasanton
magic toilet- Cupertino
asianxcore- Novato
Phoenix_Rogue - Union City
masterchief066 - Union City
weedofwisdom - Richmond (works in Berkeley)
KiySeph - San Jose (works in Santa Clara)
Mospeada_21 - San Jose/Santa Clara
CounterSeal - San Francisco
spider24 - Novato, CA
expane - Daly City, CA
stainremover - Berkeley/Cal
martin8me - South San Francisco
kiyoshi67 - Concord
chunga - El Cerrito
Sn0brawler - Pleasanton
toolverine - Fremont
rendil - Morgan Hill
tipp007 - Pacifica
jazzyjas7 - Mountain View (works in San Mateo)
GD-Man - San Jose (goes to school in UC Berkeley)
Mr. Bungo - Albany (Works in Berkeley)
Bootymastr (jasonthemc) - San Leandro
Nachdiddlyacho - Vallejo
wizard341 - Palo Alto
photopants - Oakland (Work in Walnut Creek
Collect Vintage Games)
Darkyoshi1-Milpitas
sinewav - San Jose
grimlock49 - San Jose
sr20det - San Francisco
T3kN- Santa Rosa
SCUD4LIFE- Daly City
Renzo_ - San Francisco
EastBayAnt - Alameda
eliter1 - Santa Cruz
Batmonkey -Morgan Hill
Scumchummery - Alameda (works in Downtown Oakland)
abcbadcat- San Jose
Pr0JectNymPh0! - Pittsburg
joserjerr - Cupertino
jello00 - San Francisco
sonicsam - Watsonville
Civickid96 - Sunnyvale/Tracy
Mr. Beef - Daly City
metaly - Portola Valley (works in Palo Alto)
jpc168 - San Leandro (school UC Berkeley)
imamanwithaplan - Albany
gotrice415510 - San Rafael
freakyzeeky - Oakland
filanime03 - Daly City
peteaboda1 - Mill Valley
Belgand - San Francisco
BlackBradPitt - San Francisco
mysticeden - Hayward
carbogo - Daly City
Kali Bear Man - San Francisco
Chocoburger - Albany
CarlosX360 - San Mateo, CA
polizia - Willits
chronodev - San Francisco
nem2k2 - San Jose, work in Cupertino
Dorgon - Oakland
dkl415- San Francisco (Richmond district)
Superchivo - San Bruno
SLACKBAKK - San Jose
Donholio - Boulder Creek in the Santa Cruz Mountains
Friscodude- Daly City
playing mantis - Rohnert Park, CA (next to Santa Rosa)
Nam - Sunnyvale (I go to school in merced but I go back a lot)
nakedninja - San Francisco (xbox 360: asenseofmadness)
Bomfy - Santa Cruz
lightzout - San Rafael
Xaliqen - Los Altos
DrunknIronRabit - Concord
Chinese_cuisine - San Leandro
HARDCOREJRM - Alameda
goengland - Santa Clara
Pained Auron - Concord
Zeeman - Berkeley (works in SF)
Zero_Kirby - San Jose
aleraiders - Pittsburg
Dakinggamer - Martinez
vanilleslegs - Vallejo, CA
King Pluto - SF (SOMA)
LeafPanda - SF
subtek- Oakland (works in SF)
krazyazn01 - San Jose
RawrrSlayer - Vallejo,CA
w00tJames - San Jose,CA
Mafoofoo - Sunnyvale/Cupertino Area
Spanky - Pinole

List of Folks who are from the Bay Area but they live somewhere else
ph33r m3
Redeema
Zoglog

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metaly']Nice haul, Civickid. (Is that all one trip?) Reminds me I need to pick up Order of Ecclesia. I'm still kind of undecided on SF4, amazingly.

When is lunch happening? Mondays (weekdays in general) aren't great for me unless we're eating in Palo Alto, but that's expensive and sucks. Plus I want extra time afterward to throw down in DJMAX Fever. Out tomorrow![/quote]

I got those guides on one trip. It was between a couple of Gamestops. I'm usually off of work after 2pm. I have Sunday and Monday off. There should be a few more CAG's that wanna hang out. We are not the only 2 are we? Just let me know what you wanna do. Palo Alto is ok. I wanna check out that taqueria that you guys rave out. I can use a good burrito.

--Michael

[quote name='koji126']I bought it during the sale and will probably never get to it (still sealed).[/quote]

Never? And I thought I had a big backlog. Well, I guess if I were honest with myself I could say the same. :(

Yeah, my backlog is a bit too much for me right now: Valkyria Chronicles (almost done), Eternal Sonata, Tales of Vesperia, etc. Just a bunch of RPGs and adventure games. And I have more games on preorder already: Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV, Bionic Commando, Killzone 2, etc. I like limited or collector's edition type things unfortunately so I usually have to preorder.

By the way, if anyone wants Bionic Commando for the PS3 and hasn't preordered already, I have two at Game Crazy. Which should come with the lunch box. It was a really weird spur of the moment type thing when I was there. Just pay whatever the price would be + a few cents (rounded to the nearest dollar because I don't want to deal with coins =D).

Dude. You got to cut up your credit card if you're preordering multiple copies of games and ending up with stuff like Rock Band as backlog.

[quote name='koji126']Anyone still want to buy Rockband 2 (PS3) for $120? I bought it during the sale and will probably never get to it (still sealed).[/quote]

Koji, I might be interested in it but I can't do any local pick-ups. How much would you be willing to part with it total w/ shipping?

[quote name='metaly']Dude. You got to cut up your credit card if you're preordering multiple copies of games and ending up with stuff like Rock Band as backlog.[/QUOTE]

I only have one credit card and I pay it off each pay period. So I can't really cut it up as you mentioned. And I think I'll probably just cancel my preorders for Bionic Commando (I personally don't think it will be a good game).

[quote name='Bavgate']Koji, I might be interested in it but I can't do any local pick-ups. How much would you be willing to part with it total w/ shipping?[/QUOTE]

Where are you located? I don't mind meeting half way. I live in San Jose, but I'm at Stanford half the week.

[quote name='koji126']Where are you located? I don't mind meeting half way. I live in San Jose, but I'm at Stanford half the week.[/quote]

Located in South San Francisco. I'm in San Francisco the entire week from 1-5 due to work. And if you're maybe wondering, they're two completely different cities. Confused the hell outta me too. :lol:

[quote name='Bavgate']Located in South San Francisco. I'm in San Francisco the entire week from 1-5 due to work. And if you're maybe wondering, they're two completely different cities. Confused the hell outta me too. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that's closer than SF at least. I can meet you before work somewhere in between (ex. Menlo Park, Burlingame, etc.).

[quote name='koji126']Ahh, that's closer than SF at least. I can meet you before work somewhere in between (ex. Menlo Park, Burlingame, etc.).[/quote]

As long as it's on a Tuesday or Thursday around 11-12ish (since I have no classes those days), I can meet at Burlingame.

[quote name='Bavgate']As long as it's on a Tuesday or Thursday around 11-12ish (since I have no classes those days), I can meet at Burlingame.[/quote]

Broad daylight in Burlingame. Wow. You guys are bold. I'd suggest sometime after midnight, perhaps by the salt piles at the Port of Redwood City. Bavgate could flick his lighter, Koji flashes his headlights twice, and the deal goes down from there. Bring backup.

OTOH, given that you can't move 3 feet at Best Buy without tripping over some Rock Band product, you probably don't have much to worry about. Just picked up the original bundle at Target on clearance, for Pete's sake.

This is kind of a strange post but everyone in my office are complaining about their doctors. I guess finding a good doctor in the bay area is hard to do.

Do any of you guys know of any good general practitioners in the East Bay?

[quote name='asianxcore']My girlfriend and I will be attending again this year. Sort of a tradition since we started dating :)

Definitely looking forward to cool panels, signings, merch tables and the 1/2 off Graphic Novels booths![/QUOTE]

I too will be attending, probably saturday

[quote name='MrBrando']I too will be attending, probably saturday[/QUOTE]

Scratch that, I won't be attending Wondercon this year with the g/f.

The guest list isn't too interesting to us anymore. Also times are hard and we're saving up what money we do have for Fangoria 09' in Los Angeles.

Have fun everyone!

[quote name='karcox3']any one know if there is a midnight launch for SF4 in the bay area?[/QUOTE]

I called GS and they told me to pick it up @ 7:00 pm, tonight. I hope 'Ashley' from GS calls, I really want to pick up my copy right now. I hate waiting :bomb: But yeah, karcox3 just call your GS.

I would assume most of the Bay Area Gamestops got theirs today (thank you Capcom for being around here). I was wondering, is the SF4 Collector's Edition for both :ps3: and :360: that limited?

I also was lucky and got my Tournament Stick from Gamecrazy today. The only received ONE stick and it was mine. I have 2 PS3 ones now and I'm in need of a 360 one. Oh well, I'll guess I'll wait till the 2nd run comes in.

--Michael

I had a few friends who went to the Pillow fight in SF.

Anyways, a shot in the dark here. Anyone want to trade their SF4 Tournament Stick (PS3) for Rockband 2 Bundle (PS3). I wasn't able to sell it due to the buyer's financial difficulties. Or does anyone still want to buy it for that matter?

Seems like Valkyria Chronicles is in demand, so I thought I'd mention I saw a few copies at the Best Buy in Sunnyvale. Or maybe people just want it for under $60, in which case that doesn't help much.

well i got my copy of VC from tman fro $46 so I am happy. The UK version is $43 shipped but you might need to import points to get the DLC.

[quote name='koji126']I had a few friends who went to the Pillow fight in SF.

Anyways, a shot in the dark here. Anyone want to trade their SF4 Tournament Stick (PS3) for Rockband 2 Bundle (PS3). I wasn't able to sell it due to the buyer's financial difficulties. Or does anyone still want to buy it for that matter?[/quote]

gf was wondering why streets were full of feathers. I thought it was a bird strike (flock strike?) on a jumbo out of SFO. hopefully they spared a few pillows for some homeless.

Like to help with RB2 but wrong platform for me. Sadly, I couldn't bring myself to bite on the $300 PS3 at CC.

[quote name='koji126']I had a few friends who went to the Pillow fight in SF.

Anyways, a shot in the dark here. Anyone want to trade their SF4 Tournament Stick (PS3) for Rockband 2 Bundle (PS3). I wasn't able to sell it due to the buyer's financial difficulties. Or does anyone still want to buy it for that matter?[/QUOTE]

It might be a lost cause, but you can check out the GameCrazy on McKee. I know for a fact that they have the PS3 versions, but not the 360 ones. However, they are pre-order only...but you might be able to get it if nobody claims it in like a week. Supposedly the 360 ones are gonna be delayed until March 2nd. I will probably not pick it up, I just put down $5 just so that other people I know can get in on it. If you're interested in the 360 version...I can PM you when it comes in if nobody I know wants it.

So I'm one of those unfortunate people who ordered the PS3 SF4 CE from DD. Can anyone help me out and point me to a store who would possibly carry this still? I had a stomach infection for the past week and haven't even been able to go out to search.

I woke up around 7:30 this morning after being disturbed from my sleep. Having a hunch I checked the earthquake log. Damn it... we did have one here. 3.5 in Milpitas. Not cool.

I'm also near the Great Mall, but I think I slept through it. Though I did wake up only because I stabbed myself with a safety pin which was on my pillow. No idea how it came undone, but I feel asleep 10 secs right after I fixed it.

I haven't been inside the Great Mall in ages, I've only gone to D&B a few times in the past couple years but haven't gone into the mall. Isn't it like an outlet mall now?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_infernus/blog/2009/03/06/resident_evil_5_launch_party

To celebrate the release of Resident Evil 5 on Friday, March 13th, Capcom and our friends at GameStop are throwing a launch party! On the eve of the launch, Thursday the 12th, meet us at Union Square in San Francisco to usher in Resident Evil 5. The event kicks off at 8pm and ends at midnight when you will be able to pick up your game- in-between we’ll have plenty going on to keep you busy. For starters, there will be a whole tent dedicated to the game where tons of kiosks will be set up and players will get a chance to get their hands on the game before grabbing it at midnight. You’ll also have the chance to win prizes and giveaways, meet the development team including co-producers, Takeuchi-san and Kawata-san and hang out with the motion capture/voice actors that played Chris, Sheva and Josh. To top it all off there will be new game announcements, stage shows, and Resident Evil activities all through out the night.

In order to guarantee you get the game at midnight, please stop by the Powell Street GameStop before the party to get your game transaction processed. You will need to get your proof of purchase wrist band and receipt for the GameStop store in order to pick-up your game at the party.

Also make sure to get there early as there will be limited space and we want to make sure you all get to enjoy the party!

Just to re-cap the details: be at Union Square in San Francisco by 8:00pm. I highly recommend getting there EARLY. We’ll party until midnight, then you can get your copy of the game with proof of purchase at the Powell St. GameStop. See you there!

Hey guys.

I just want to say good bye to everyone on here. I'll be heading into Military service tomorrow and I want to know that I appreciate all the good folks here in the SF Bay Area thread. I'll be stationed in Texas and after that, who knows. Thank you all who make this thread awesome. Whenever I can get computer access again, I'll make sure to see how you guys are doing. Take care!

--Michael

[quote name='62t']link is gone now but what was the age group?[/quote]

Upper limit was 24. I forget the minimum but I'm guessing it was 18.

bread's done
Back